Subject-59

Od Bioshockgrl

Containment has been breached. "It's all in my head...i can't distinguish reality from this fantasy. maybe be... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
ch 34- The end is only the beginning
Experiment-000 (Teaser)

chapter 21

1K 69 60
Od Bioshockgrl

snarling and shouting startled me awake as I opened my eyes to find myself lying on the floor. 

“get back or we'll shoot!” a man shouted.

“back away from her now!!” another followed only to get an angry screech in turn. I had to cover my ears from the sound and look around to get an idea as to what on earth was happening, but I was hardly prepared to see what was unfolding right in front of me.

S-59 was standing over me in a defensive posture with his tail whining around violently behind him as four arms guards surrounded us with their weapons aimed at him.

“move away freak!” another shouted only for S-59 to open up his mouth and hiss in warning making the man jump back a little. 

w-what is going on?! What's happening?! looking around confused I noticed kerian and a few other soldiers on the other side of the glass wall, watching everything unfold. 

Once kerian noticed I was awake and alert he rushed over to a console to activate the overhead speaker. “hold your fire!! ava! get away from subject-59!” He sounded and looked worried as the speakers stuttered no doubt from S-59s dark mist that was slowly growing thicker by the second. 

“what? what's happening?!”

snarling, at another guard who got too close I heard S-59 speak to me in my mind. “These humans suddenly entered the room with weapons and began threatening me!” He hissed out that last part opening Maw before lashing out and knocking two of the guards away with his tail and tackling one, screeching in his face.

the fourth man shot off a warning, passing him off even more and redirecting his attention to him. The man pinned beneath S-59's claws couldn't move his arm or gun and started screaming as his grip tightened and claws dug into his skin.

“permission to shoot!!” the last standing guard shouted while aiming at the monstrous creature before him. 

eyes widening I got to my feet and  jumped between them. “no!! don't shoot! please someone just tell me what is happening!” I pleaded, looking towards kerian. 

leaning down to speak into the microphone again, his voice filtered in through the speakers. “afternoon leaving you alone in the control room I came back to find you in the observation area unconscious with S-59 standing over you, I'm not sure how you got in there but I immediately called security to get you out and the subject became aggressive.”

so this is all just a misunderstanding they think he hurt me! “Please lower your weapons so he won't hurt anyone!” I looked towards the other two Guarda as they got back up and aimed towards s-59 who in turn looked their way and snarled.

turning around to face him I got in his line of sight. “don't attack! and let him go!” I pointed towards the pinned soldier.

turning hisnhead down to look at me he growled. “they showed aggression first–”

“you promised!” 

his eyes widened as he looked at me for a long moment. “Please I don't want anyone to get hurt.” slowly the tension in his form. faded and he released the pinned guard enabling one of the others to pull him back as they kept their guns trained on him.

S-59 seemed less than pleased with the guards as he glanced at them then refocused his attention on me. the seams of his mouth disappeared as he stepped back, retreating into the mist.

“stand down, and fall back.” Kerian ordered. 

“Thank you.” I smiled at S-59 as he attempted to make himself less noticeable by those watching. Turning back towards the glass wall I saw Kerian waiting with an expression I had never seen before. He must’ve been worried sick, seeing me in here with S-59.

turning to walk towards the airlock, s-59 moved around to trail after me. “Ava–”

I stopped to look at him as he stood off to the side. “It's okay they aren't going to hurt me and you. I'm going to go talk to them so just stay back for now. and please no more killing people.”

He seemed hesitant to let me leave and followed behind on all fours until I got to the airlock and stepped through. glancing back to see him watching he soon disappeared into the mist as it took Over the room.

Upon stepping out of the airlock I was greeted by kerian who immediately stepped forward and grabbed my shoulders to look me over. “Are you hurt? Did it do anything to you?” He questioned.

“no, no! I'm fine! he wouldn't hurt me!” I waved my hands. 

“how did you get in there– why were you in there?” kerian asked sternly.

I quickly turned my gaze away in shame. “Well, you kinda forgot your ID card…” I pulled out his badge from my pocket and he took it back. 

After a moment of silence kerian suddenly pulled me into a hug, shocking me to my core. “Ava please tell me you didn't enter that room in an attempt to hurt yourself or take your own life.” He whispered quietly and my eyes widened.

‘Was that why he seemed so panicked? That's why he summoned the guards!? because he thought I was hurt– that I tried to kill myself!?’

bringing my hands up I hesitantly hugged kerian back feeling guilty for making him worry. “no! it was nothing like that, I just– I was so confused and scared…”

“I understand, I knew I shouldn't have left you alone, but I wasn't sure what to say or do…I only brought you in here because I figured this was the best option. After what happened I guessed that you wouldn't have wanted others in the medical ward to gawk or stare. so when I came back and saw you in there”

I relaxed a bit in his hold, understanding him a bit more. ‘Kerian is often cold and stern, I thought he just didn't like me.but perhaps he just struggles to express himself and his feelings…’ hearing him explain himself I felt closer to kerian than I had before, he's just another human that makes mistakes sometimes and stumbles at times.

“I promise that wasn't my intention when I entered the cell.” I reassured. 

“good,” kerian sighed before looking towards the glass wall where a pair of glowing eyes were carefully watching from the other side. “I'm not sure what I would've done had something actually happened to you…” 

__1 week later__

“okay I get that the mist is like a part of you but where exactly does it come from? I don't get how you're able to just magically conjure more up at will, it doesn't follow the laws of science–” I looked up at S-59 to find him staring ahead, through the smoke seemingly watching the other humans working on the other side of the glass wall.

following his gaze I looked between him and those in the other room, lowering the notepad in my hands. “something wrong?”

he suddenly flinched before looking back at me. “you've been awfully distracted today. I know these questions are probably boring but it could be beneficial for us to learn as much as we can about you.”

“I apologize I did not mean to get distracted. I've merely been thinking.”

“thinking? about what?” i asked curiously.

S-59 merely hummed in response as his eyes narrowed. “That human with the mark on their face…who is he.”

Glazing towards the glass wall i could see Kerian speaking with another scientist while looking at some notes, and S-59 was watching him closely, actually, now that i think about it, any time kerians in the lab lately, S-59 seems tense and more preoccupied watching them than interacting with me. “Kerian? Is that who you’re talking about?”

He was silent for a moment, thinking to himself. “Has he hurt you before?” 

I was a bit surprised by the question and decided to put my notepad off to the side. “No! Not at all! Kerian is probably the only human being here whos treated me well.”

S-59 huffed before returning his full attention to me as the mist grew a bit thicker. “He lingers around you too much, i do not like it.”

‘Ah thats why hes so interested in kerian.’ i felt a small blush heating my cheeks. “Well thats because…” my voice trailed off awkwardly, ‘how am i supposed to explain this to him? S-59 probably has no idea what love or any of those kinds of feelings are like, heck i dont even know if he knows anything about romance. Im not even a hundred percent sure if kerians feeling for me are as deep as my own! Its all so complicated!’

“Because?...” he pushed, moving closer to look at my face. 

“because kerian and I are really, really close. like our relationship and all that is a bit more complicated. He's a bit more than a friend.”

“more than a friend?” He asked Skeptically.

‘gods am I glad no one from the other room can hear this.’ “Yes, sometimes when two people form a strong bond together after spending lots of time with one another, and if they both feel the same for each other they can become more than friends. This means they can spend even more time together, and often seek each other's company when they make one another really happy.” He listened intently as I tried to explain it some more.

“They are usually comfortable with each other and don't have to feel so protective around one another unlike how they do with others. Being a couple means keeping each other safe and happy…” I smiled just thinking about it. 

‘sure me and kerian haven't expressed our feeling but I know he cares about me he's made that clear. the only reason I haven't talked to him is because of work, I don't want either of us to get into trouble after all he's technically my boss.’

S-59 chittered and ended up bumping his head against my forehead lightly. “Does that mean we are more than friends?”

my head snapped up to S-59's face as he gazed at me thoughtfully. “huh?”

“all those things you said about feeling safe, wanting to be around each other and caring for one another– it is describing us is it not?” 

my eyes widened and my cheeks turned ever redder as I thought about it. me and him?...more Than, friends?

“your face is changing hue's does this mean something?” He purred as his tail flicked around behind him.

We were abruptly interrupted as the staticy overhead speakers turned on and kerians voice called out to me. “Ava that's enough for today, please proceed to exit the chamber for debriefing.”

S-59 all but snarled as he stood up and looked towards the speaker on the ceiling. forgetting about our previous conversation I gathered my notepad and such then got to my feet. 

“Sorry, I'll be back again tomorrow and we can finish going through the rest of the questions, there's only a few left so if we finish quickly then we can talk about whatever you'd like afterwards!”

“…” he followed me as I walked to the airlock across the room but before I could step out of the thick mist, S-59 blocked my path getting up in my face. “Ava, I wish for more than friendship…”

I blinked A few times both surprised and confused. “I– uh…what?” 

the speakers came up again with kerian speaking up. “Ava please proceed to the exit…”

“I have to go–”

S-59 practically whined before pacing momentarily. “then you must come back, tonight”

“I can't do that, I don't have access, I'm not supposed to be in here or even in the control room. I'll be back tomorrow then we can–”

“That's not enough! please Ava, I need more time with you.”

I looked between S-59 and the door unsure what to say or do. no one outside could hear us talking about this so I wasn't going to get in trouble for speaking with him about such but I wasn't sure if what he was asking was possible. guards would be posted outside the control room and I don't have access. not to mention kerian might get worried or upset if I do something like this. 

squeezing my notepad I chewed on my lip before lifting my head to face him. “I'll try to come back later tonight but I can't guarantee anything.” 

S-59 chittered happily before moving out of the way on all fours, giving me access to the exit. “I shall be waiting for you.” His shoulder brushed against mine and I glanced back at him once more as he sat and waited almost excitedly.

returning my attention forward I stepped inside the airlock and sighed. ‘why do I have a bad feeling about this?...’

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.7K 93 48
**SERIES TWO - PART ONE** Raquel Festow's life is turned upside down when she's sent away to a safe Realm after her parents disappear and the Order o...
6.4K 329 18
* * * "...Why are you following me?" I only muttered in case no one was really there. I didn't want any surrounding people to think I was crazy and j...
133 1 18
Ava- How could I be so tursting? I let him take me. I let him get close... How could I let this happen? Now he wants me. for things I can only think...
1.4M 40.9K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...