Versailles || 박지민 || BangtanB...

Da Amaranthine7722

Prequel: J.Wintour HR: btsmochi #1 btsparkjimin #9 Copyright © 2019 by Amaranthine7722 Altro

⚜⚜⚜
A T T E N T I O N
♠️♥️♦️♣️
Distance ♠️
The King's Death ⚜
Crowned Intruder ⚜
Pleasure and Pain ♦️
Reason ♠️
Burning ♣️
Please stay♦️
Persuade ♠️
Sad eyes ♣️
Everything ♦️
Appearance ♣️
Friendly warning ♦️
Daunting ♣️

Whirlwind ♠️

237 23 11
Da Amaranthine7722

•Martina•

It was a splendid performance, a nice opera piece, sung by princess Annika. We were all enchanted by her voice and I never thought like a demure woman like her could have such a powerful voice. Prince Krystofer applauded his wife and made a standing ovation. Even the Russian prince was impressed.

The two royals who were seated at the front gave the Austrian princess a round of applause too...

And also, princess Annika was graced with a beautiful bouquet. She curtsied and was beautifully smiling.

I felt so amazed at how talented she is...

And how openly supportive her husband is.

It was so sweet.

The royals seated beside me, dashed to princess Annika to personally compliment her while I stayed behind and was careful not to make a scene again.

They were a group of royals and even though I am a really close friend, in such events or occasion, I cannot be seen with them as though being part of the circle as they call it. I watched from a distant while they were happily complimenting the soprano opera singer royalė.

I sat back and looked around me and I found myself once again internally panicked to find a few eyes, speculating me.

I noticed a particular group of old men who were speculating me.

Not in a way that literally old men would lustly feast on younger women. I may not confirm it but even though they're French and they are expected to be fashionable and dandy,  I can sense that these men are actually women stuck in wrong bodies. They are too dandy and...sassy.

Eyeing me boldly as though I'm an eye sore to the scene before them.

Well that may be the case?

Maybe I should just move to another spot so I can get away from their sight. But when I moved and looked at them...

They were still looking at me.😐

So it is really me.

I tried moving away from my seat again, so frantically that I wasn't looking at where I was walking.

Unfortunately bumped onto someone and...

Glasses of champagne clashing on the floor.

"I-I'm sorry! Oh dear..."

I tried to help the servant who was trying to clean the broken pieces of glasses when someone grabbed my arm and stopped me. Startled, I didn't have time to protest.

When I looked up...

"You've caused enough scene for tonight, let me take you out of sight."

"L-Laszlo!"

--♠️--

Laszlo and I quickly left the scene and went out of the huge palace ballroom. We ended in one of the gardens, panting as we walked away as fast as we can.

Versailles is huge and by just getting away from the area of the scene itself was already tiring as hell.

"Aren't you bold? Openly joining the royals just like that. You know, you are the talk of the night. People are calling you... such names."

We sat on one of the garden benches, trying to catch our breath.

"Calling me names?..."

I asked once settled and my breathing  now getting stable.

Laszlo appeared a bit adamant at first, to discuss more if it. But as though it feels like I ought to know, he spilled the beans.

"Uhm... social climber... shameless... bold and impolite...and the worst is the 'King's whore'."

What he said drained the remaining strength I have.

How was I shameless? I never asked the royals to befriend me... a social climber? I never dreamed to be one of them even though I love their kind. A king's whore?...

Before he is king, he was my boyfriend.

"Hey, I know I...made you feel terrible. This shouldn't actually bother you as surrounded by the likes of Aleksandr of Russia, you don't need to feel inferior."

I sadly smiled at him.

"Believe me, I don't want to be part of... any of this. I just want my man."

What I said amused him. Despite the slightly dimmed post lights, I can see his reactions.

"That's good but you do know that wanting your 'man' will surely cost you a lot. You talk like you're some...fully grown woman when you're not even in your twenties yet. 'My man' damn~."

I laughed at what he said then I shrugged.

"I guess it is what it is... also, I expected that I won't be welcomed here. Like will never be. You see earlier before the embarrassing incident, I was under attack by those... three old overly sophisticated men. They were looking at me like I was some disgusting insect that is needed to be squished to death. Ugh! I was internally panicking!"

Laszlo narrowed his eyes.

"Are you perhaps talking about the
'Trois femmes mousquetaires'? "

I curiously asked him.

"I'm sorry what??"

He rolled his eyes and sighed;

"Three female musketeers."

I chuckled at what he said.

"You know them?? And f-female??"

This time he made a forced mocking smile.

"Who doesn't? Those three are the ones who are on top of the royal court. They are the most affluent and  pure nobles. I mean like generations of royalty exists in their blood. And well, if you noticed, they are not after mademoiselles like you. Well not very controversial too. If you'd ask me, too dignified."

"They're scary.😐"

He laughed.

"Scary indeed. But you know, the former king trusted them. They were really good friends with the beloved king Arnoux. I heard upon the death of the king, they've become more... untouchable."

I pouted;

"Do they even have friends around the court? Like... aren't your family and them friends?"

He clicked his tongue.

"They think my mother is an absolute bitch so I don't think that's the case. We're all civil here. Martina, just because we all live here doesn't mean we all get along. Everyone's proud of their noble backgrounds and our priority is to stay under the King's favor."

"I see...but Laszlo, do you want to stay here forever?"

He was silent for a while.

"I don't know. Being born as a noble under Versailles isn't all rainbows and butterflies. People think we're quite priviledge here. Worldly stuff- yes, but really... it's just like a fancy prison."

I held his arm;

"I guess you need to go out and see the world. I mean I'm sure you've literally traveled the world but... you know, that life outside might be more exciting for you."

He chuckled;

"Coming from someone who'll possibly live here in a day or two."

I was taken aback at what he said. Noticing my reaction, he explained further;

"It doesn't take genius to see what plans the king has for you. You are his woman and he will keep you regardless. You know why he fully complies to every royal candidate being offered to him? Because he was building an underground life for you here in the palace. Like what I said a while ago, you were the main topic here for weeks... and I'm also sure that you will be joining us here in Versailles soon."

I was speechless.

So the court people are anticipating that possibility.

"Martina, please think about it. I'm sure you weren't blind of the fact that he might've finally chosen a queen consort to 'negotiate' with. You still have time to secure your freedom. There are so many things that you cannot do once you are under the King's favor or more like a 'leash.' That sometimes, the only way out is death. Sure, he loves you now... but hear me out, Vesailles is not for the weak and people are going insane here. A lot of things can change... even a king's mind."

I don't but what he told me felt...

"MARTINA."

Startled, I looked behind us and found the Russian prince, along with some royals staffs...

I quickly stood from the bench while Laszlo politely bowed at the major royal whose stern eyes stuck at him.

"Y-your highness, sorry I was-"

"We need to get back to the villa. Come along."

He turned his back on me and walked ahead to which I automatically followed. We left laszlo at his spot and while walking away I subtly waved at him. He nodded, yet face painted in worry.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I didn't get the chance to say good bye to the French king who I learned is still with princess Olivia. Once again, I was reminded by the Russian prince of its importance and why I shouldn't worry.

Suddenly, I tasted bitterness once again.

"If their countries agreed and marry... they will produce heirs. I just want to know, will this be..."

"YES. Copulation will take place, naturally. You see breeding under the French royalty will be supervised by the royal elders to assure that the King will certainly drop his own seed and not anyone else's. They are still following this... disgusting tradition. Imagine procreating while being watched behind a thin veil by a bunch of royals  just to make sure that he drops the seed."

Mortified, I stood from the couch.

"S-so they will do it..."

"Of course, Martina. I know it's... well I can't really justify that."

My heart.

I sanked back to the couch.

"And people will actually watch them.  That's..."

"I know. I feel for Wintour and that future queen consort. Wintour should change the rules for it. It's truly... anomalous. Like royal porn or something."

I sighed.

"Don't think about it. I know that court guy told you things but don't think too much of it. I won't allow it."

I looked him and now I feel sad.

"Martina, you have my word. Before things like that happen, I will forcibly pluck you out of Versailles. I know you already have decided because you love 'your man' too much. But I am here. I won't allow you to suffer like what you're worrying about."

So he heard everything...

"Thank you, your highness."

•♠️•

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

328K 11.8K 42
Will you fall for it? Or will you reject? See what happens.... after The Bet. Start: April 10, 2019 Ended: May 22, 2020 ------
1.3K 336 11
↳ ❝ 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶'𝗺 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 ❞ ★ soulmates // social media au ★ started : 𝟭.𝟮.𝟮𝟰 ★ completed : ⌗ ー 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜 �...
16.3K 1.6K 40
Prequel: ROMANOV Chaos Healing Retribution Rebirth The Reign of the Winter Sun ⚜ Copyright © 2020 by Amaranthine7722
90.4K 4.9K 91
"𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚢/𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚎𝚛 �...