What He Wanted (Book#1 of The...

By SiyaNavas

(Book#1 of 'The Runaway Club' but also can be read as stand alone). Ria Malhotra was done. If her parents tho... More

Chapter 1 : Elope to freedom
Chapter 2 : A strange meeting
Chapter 3 : To get to know more.
Chapter 4 : The breakfast orders
Chapter : 5 Banshee in a Ferrari
Chapter 6 : Post-Gucci Peace offering.
Chapter 7: Little Angel In Taffeta and The Frenchman
Chapter 8 : A Blast From The Past
Chapter 9 : Noble Knight and Her Steed
Chapter 10 : Getting Emotionally Attached to Food
Chapter 11 : One Almost-True Love
Chapter 12 : The Universal Answer to All Things Makeover
Chapter 13 : Traffic Rules for the Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 14 : Billionaire's girlfriend Jealousy
Chapter 15 : Losing A Grip
Chapter 17 : The Bed-Time Story
Chapter 18 : Punches? I Don't Think So!
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 19 : The Playboy's Night Plans
Chapter 20 : The Last Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Jar
Chapter 22 : Oh, look! How alike our sob stories are!
Chapter 23 : Mr. Teddy is my husband and the Evil Potato is my sister-in-law
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 24 : Ohmigosh! Are those--?!
Chapter 25 : The Soon-to-be She-Hulk
Chapter 26 : Well Hello, Playboy!
Chapter 27: Shifting Mount Everest and Throwing A Tea Party In Venus
Chapter 28: Missed Me?
Chapter 29: Bugs Bunny
Chapter 30: We--he,er...him...I-I, you know?
31. My Perfect World
32. Brownie Points
Chapter 33: The Coffee Date
Chapter 34: Déjà vu Disaster
Chapter 35: Dead Weights and The Deserving
Chapter 36: On Either Sides Of The World
Chapter 37: Blind Eye and Traitors
Chapter 38: Prince Charming to Cinderella
Chapter 39: A Smuggled Heathen Goddess
Chapter 40: Limelight Virgin Arm Candy
Chapter 41: Hurricane Ria
~EPILOGUE~
Author's Note
Book#2
Announcement
Heyo-Mayo

Chapter 21 : Seeing Red

3.6K 137 4
By SiyaNavas

~Adam's POV~

I gripped the railings of the VIP balcony like a boa constrictor. Ria was blissfully unaware of my hot gaze on her as she clinged on to the blonde European, laughing at something he just said and letting him lead her to the dance floor. 

"Adam? What's the matter, man?" Aaron sent away his girls with a flick of his wrist "You look..er, quite not in a good mood.." Aaron said slowly as if threading on thin ice. He is well aware that it's isn't a pretty sight when I am angry. He had experienced the intense of my anger issues multiple times. I simply grit my teeth while watching the proceedures downstairs with interest. 

Why am I getting angry at her? I am just her friend and there is no need for me to get angry over some fling that she is having! I myself was making out with a random woman seconds ago.

How ever I tried to justify myself over getting angry about her..it just doesn't seem right. I gripped the railing so hard that my knuckles truned white. I tried to calm myself but I just couldn't bring myself to it. And with a grimace I realised what it was about. A feeling that I haven't felt for ages. Jealousy. I took a deep breath.

"Aaron, who is this Ace?" I asked, or probably sneered.

Aaron looked confusedly at me and back at Ace who was dancing with Ria downstairs. "Well, Ace is an illegal gambler..basically. I have heard he has other illegal business and a few connections in mafia and black market. But I don't think he is that much of a harm though. He is a well known among ladies and such.. almost to my league. Heard he had some police problem and shit a few-"

"He is a womanizer?!" I practically yelled. Aaron flinced and kept a hand on my shoulder, signalling that I need to calm down which I instantly did. 

My mind was buzzing. Does she know what sort of person she is dealing with? What if that guy is into trafficking? I bore my gaze at her, so beautiful in the dim light, her soft features alit in humour. I turned around in a flash and stormed past Aaron who was utterly baffled. He caught up and stood in front of me, blocking my way. I grit my teeth in a warning not to mess up with me now. 

"Do you know that girl?" Aaron calmly asked and I stared coldly at him. He boldly held my gaze.

"Yes." I managed to say before storming past him like a bull towards the staircase. I caught Aaron smiling with a wicked look and I could say he was thinking of something. I almost didn't catch him say, "Finally, I get to repay for what I have done."

In a flash, I was standing on the dancefloor where hundreds of men and women were busy drinking, dancing and making out. At the very end, I spotted Ria with her 'friend' taking her back to the counter. I pushed away the drunk woman clinging on me as I advanced towards her. She was barely some meters away. If I reach there, that dishwasher blonde is really going to pay and he better watch his head.

15 steps... I watched as Ria got up and hugged that man. I let out a growl and pushed a drunk man out of my way rashly.

10 steps..

She blushed at something that guy said and pushed his chest playfully. That guy better think of his death wish now.

8 steps.. 5 steps..

I watched as the man turned on his heals and disappear into the crowd. For a moment I contemplated on following that guy and punch the daylights out of him. But suddenly a familiar voice broke my train of thoughts.

"Adam? Is that you?"

~Ria's POV~

Ace held my elbow and waist gently, leading me back to the counter after our dance. I looked up and smiled at the gorgeous man next to me. "Aren't you a gentleman?" I teased and Ace cracked a dazziling smile. "Only for you, mon amour." Ace replied as he helped me up the chair.

"You know what Ace? I am going to carry a translator around you next time cause I don't understand 50% of what you are saying." I told him as I watched him sip on his whiskey. Suddenly, his phone rang and he immediately drowned his drink and reached for his phone.

"One minute, belle." He politely excused me and took the call. I watched him silently as his handsome face locked into a serious expression.

"Oui. Oui. Je sais. Non, je peux venir. Oui. Je comprends. Vous attendez pour moi. Je viendrai. Au revoir!" Ace fired in rapid french as I dumbfoundly and admiringly stared at him. Ahh, foriegn language and foriegn guys. Ace kept away his phone and warmly smiled towards me.

"Je suis desole, mon amour. I am really sorry. I really wanted to accompany you for the evening but something just popped up. I know it is..um, quel est le mot juste? Ah, ungentlemanly of me to leave a beautiful woman such as yourself all alone but---" He tried to continue but I stopped him mid-sentence. 

"It's okay, Ace. I can handle myself."

I smiled at him and he did the same, in a more apologitical way. He got up and opened his arms in my direction for a hug and suddenly I didn't feel like refusing. I grinned broadly and dropped into his arms as he closed them behind me loosely. When we pulled apart, Ace smiled another one of his award winning smile.

"When do we meet again?" He asked. "As the fate brings us", I replied breaking away. Ace smirked and said, "Then the next time we meet, I might hang around with you longer. It will be fun." He winked, suggesting its inner meaning. I blushed slightly and shoved his chest as he chuckled.

"Au revoir, belle." With that, the mysterious and outrageously handsome man was gone. I watched as Ace solwly melted into the dancing crowd but suddenly an oh-so-familiar sandy blonde hair and a flash of se-blue eyes caught my attention.

I chest tightened and I could feel my heartbeat skyrocket. With a voice that I could bearly recognise as my own, I asked, "Adam? Is that you?" His irises fell on mine and as if in a spell, I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. The dim lighting of the dance floor casted a dull glow on his face, outining his sharp jaws and chiselled features. He wore a pair of dark slacks and white shirt with buttons opened, sleeves rolled till mid-forarms and his hair all messy as if he had run his hands a lot on them.

Adam walked up to me and simply stood. Neither him nor did I speak. We simply stared at each other. Suddenly he broke out from the trance and asked in a deep voice, "Ria? How are you here?" That question broke me from the staring competition and I frowned.

"I could ask the same thing about you." I replied.

He seemed to be taken aback by that question and blinked. I moved my hands around the dance bar, "The CEO of a multi-billion dollar company in an unreputed bar like this?" Adam seemed to come back to the reality and smirked, that one trademark smirk of his. "They have VIP lounges upstairs." He pointed out.

Ah, the VIP zone that Seb was talking about! Now it makes sense.

"Anyway you are down here, so why not have a drink with me?" I invited, mainly to avoid the awkwardness that was bound to come if he kept standing. Adam's smirk widened that I got a glimpse of his straight teeth. He sat down languidly beside me, the same stool which was once occupied by the gorgeous gambler Ace. Well, when Adam is around, Ace isn't the Alpha Male. It would be Adam. Adam would outrun Ace is body build, height and hotness but Ace sure is cute. Adam isn't cute, but hot. Hummm, I think I am ready to make a thesis on the difference between cute guys and hot guys. While wondering what sort of doctorate will I get on that thesis, Adam snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Earth to Ria? Are you even listening?" Adam smiled, amused.

"Oh, sorry. What were you saying?" I asked. 

"Who was that guy you were with before? I saw him leave just now." Adam asked and something in me told that he already knew the answer. But anyhow, I replied, "That was Ace. He is the gambler back in the casino part of this bar. Meet him like a few minutes ago but he had to go somewhere urgent." I took a huge swing of Vodka and ordered for more.

"Tequila?" I asked Adam and he gave a thoughtful nod. If I knew Adam any better, his clam exterior is just a facade hiding what he truly feels. I could see that his mind was whizzing in some sort of internal debate. When the drinks arrived, I kept empting them just so that I won't have to face Adam when he is thoughtful. Not only that he is scary but also awkward. After four Vodka shots and one tequila, I started feeling a bit whozzy and I could feel the alcohol in my viens. Maybe it was the alcohol but I found myself asking a question that had been in my brain since that night at his home in Virgina.

"Adam, how are you what you are now? How did the Adam I saw in those pictures turn out so different in a few years?"

I covered my mouth in haste to prevent more stupidity to fall. Adam looked up from his brooding, eyes wide. Suddenly, I saw a fliker of pain pass in his sea-blue eyes. Pain, betrayal..loneliness. But it got buried as soon as it came and the next thing I know, Adam was laughing. Not that kind of laugh that I admired and liked to follow. That kind of laugh that made my blood run cold. I froze.

Uh-oh. Wrong move. Such a fearkin' wrong move.

I AM BACK Y'ALL!

I am so excited for the next chapter! What is Adam gonna do? What is Ria gonna do? Well, I will give ya a shot at perdiction. Will Adam:

a) Get up and slap Ria?

b) Yell at her? (like he had done before)

c)Tell his back story? (highly unlikely)

d)Storm out of the bar?

You can decide, seriously. I haven't come to conclution yet..wait, I have but I am thinking of changing it for your guys. If you think Ria deserves to get a slap, then let me know. Or should she get scolded, forgiven or  ignored.

Damn, that is sooooo confusing!

So that is a goodbye for now, You know what you gotta do right?

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! Thats what!

Love you all more than chocolates! (hey, that is my bae!)

Your confusing-than-a-science-question author,

S!ya :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 15.9K 73
It is a love at first sight story of a perfect businessman, who believes in perfection in his work. His world revolves around his family, friends and...
1.8M 28.8K 27
Now Available on Amazon! Ebook : https://bit.ly/YIRA-Ebook Paperback : https://bit.ly/YIRA-Paperback --This book is just a Sample-- Yes, I ran away...
126K 4.9K 51
Hey guys!!! This book is available in Amazon. You can purchase your own copy (edited version). I know, I'm not a great writer nor this book is great...
5.8K 498 36
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...