What He Wanted (Book#1 of The...

Por SiyaNavas

(Book#1 of 'The Runaway Club' but also can be read as stand alone). Ria Malhotra was done. If her parents tho... Mรกs

Chapter 1 : Elope to freedom
Chapter 2 : A strange meeting
Chapter 3 : To get to know more.
Chapter 4 : The breakfast orders
Chapter : 5 Banshee in a Ferrari
Chapter 6 : Post-Gucci Peace offering.
Chapter 7: Little Angel In Taffeta and The Frenchman
Chapter 8 : A Blast From The Past
Chapter 9 : Noble Knight and Her Steed
Chapter 10 : Getting Emotionally Attached to Food
Chapter 11 : One Almost-True Love
Chapter 12 : The Universal Answer to All Things Makeover
Chapter 13 : Traffic Rules for the Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 14 : Billionaire's girlfriend Jealousy
Chapter 17 : The Bed-Time Story
Chapter 18 : Punches? I Don't Think So!
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 19 : The Playboy's Night Plans
Chapter 20 : The Last Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Jar
Chapter 21 : Seeing Red
Chapter 22 : Oh, look! How alike our sob stories are!
Chapter 23 : Mr. Teddy is my husband and the Evil Potato is my sister-in-law
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 24 : Ohmigosh! Are those--?!
Chapter 25 : The Soon-to-be She-Hulk
Chapter 26 : Well Hello, Playboy!
Chapter 27: Shifting Mount Everest and Throwing A Tea Party In Venus
Chapter 28: Missed Me?
Chapter 29: Bugs Bunny
Chapter 30: We--he,er...him...I-I, you know?
31. My Perfect World
32. Brownie Points
Chapter 33: The Coffee Date
Chapter 34: Dรฉjร  vu Disaster
Chapter 35: Dead Weights and The Deserving
Chapter 36: On Either Sides Of The World
Chapter 37: Blind Eye and Traitors
Chapter 38: Prince Charming to Cinderella
Chapter 39: A Smuggled Heathen Goddess
Chapter 40: Limelight Virgin Arm Candy
Chapter 41: Hurricane Ria
~EPILOGUE~
Author's Note
Book#2
Announcement
Heyo-Mayo

Chapter 15 : Losing A Grip

4K 150 9
Por SiyaNavas

~~Ria's POV~~

I was walking in the long and luxurious corridor filled with exquisite mural paintings on either side of mine. And unfortunately Adam was walking right next to me. I was still frowning.

"Why are you angry, Ria?" An earnest but deep and masculine voice said beside me.

I stopped just before the corridor took a right turn. I whipped around, making my hair fly to a side. Dramatic, I know. Adam also stopped with his hands buried deep in his pockets. He was bending his head slightly down wards, making a single lock of his well kept hair fall down to his forehead. Damn, why does he have to be this good looking? I sighed mentally as he looked at me under his lashes, looking irresistibly adorable like a puppy. I crossed my arms on my chest before I do something totally embarrassing.

"Okay, I am done with your-your...puppy eyes thingy." I huffed.

He tilt his head and instantly a smug smile played in his lips. Great, just now he was a cute puppy and now he looks like a sexy playboy.

"Somebody found me sexy.." he said trying to hide his laugh.

Damn, did I just say that aloud?!

"Yes, you technically did." He said smirking harder. I frowned harder. "Ha! I didn't mean it of course! You are too arrogant not to understand that I was joking." I lamely bailed out. Well, unlike how I wanted, I looked like a frightened kitten trying to sass a lion.

He smirked and shifted his weigh to his other leg. "Aside from you joking about how sexy I am, care to tell why you are angry?"

"You know why!" I snapped.

*  before *

Claire, Lorriane, Mr. Lexwood, Sarah and her family —Mr. and Mrs. Brookesat down on the big round dinner table with us after the dance. Well, obviously a healthy conversation started regarding...um, us.

"Are you guys living together?" Jealous Sarah asked.

"Sure!" I lied smoothly and flashed a million dollar smile.

"In Adam's penthouse?" Lorraine asked gleefully. Adam smiled, "Yeah, in my penthouse." Lorriane and Claire smiled at us enthusiasticlly.

"How did you guys meet?" Mr. Brooke asked.

"We met in our hotel, kind of bumped into each other and she ruined my laptop. That's how we met at first and we met again by coincidence. Then we started a good friendship.." Adam answered coolly when taking small sips from his champagne flute. Okay, want he said is truth. "..then we soon realized that our relationship was far more complicated than that so we took it to next level." Okay, that was a bit of a lie. Suddenly, Adam took my hand in his huge and warm ones. My head snapped into his and our eyes locked. My heart fluttered as if it wants to breakout of my ribcage. A delightful shiver passed through me.

"And ever since then, I knew she was the one and never parted." He said that part looking into my eyes so genuinely that I almost believed it myself. There was a round of 'aawww' from the crowd and Adam looked away from me. Phew! That was close.

With shaky hands I turned to my food. Seafood? The worst food to have while you have a shaky hand. But, with high spirit I tried to dig in, only to fail miserably. Damn, my hand shook like a leaf in autumn wind. Damn you Adam Lexwood and your acting skills.

"What's the matter Ria? Can't handle seafood with shaky hands? Or is it that you don't know how to handle seafoods with fork and knife?" A shrill voice teased from across the table. I looked at her mortified at that fact that out of all these people, only she had to catch me. While I stared embarrassed at her, everyone looked at me with...adoration? Huh? Well, not me exactly. It was someone beside me, now leaning over to my plate. Adam was patiently separating the shell from prawns in my plate. I gawked at him as he skillfully did his miracle with fork and knife before he looked up at me.

Out of blue he leaned in and planted a lingering kiss on my forehead. I gasped as his unusually soft lips gently caressed my skin and vanished even before I could even register it was a kiss. "Sorry, babe. I forgot." What exactly did he forget? Then I happened to look at the curious faces of his family. Okay, now I need a creative lie...or a perfect answer.

"Um, yeah I do know how to handle seafoods with cutlery but thanks for your concern, Sarah." I said sarcastically with a huge fake smile plastered on me. "But yeah, I kinda forgot to handle them after being with Adam. He always insists that he does it for me." There was a round of another 'adoration looks' (except from the wicked witch of west of course) and we returned to our foods with Adam flashing me a smirk.For a minute, only the clangs of the cutlery were heard band suddenly Claire asked a question.

"So you you two love birds seem pretty close to me but why am I not seeing an engagement ring on her finger?" She rose an eyebrow at Adam. My fork froze mid-way to my mouth and Adam choked on his wine loudly. I abandoned my fork and tapped on his shoulders so that he wouldn't die then and there. More like..hit him on his shoulders that rattled the whole table.

"We..ah, we—ahem, ahem, we were..soon..a-and ahem.." Adam lied terribly and fell into another round of coughs and wheezes.

"Mama! You are scaring them! Let them take it slow." Lorriane called out. The TRUTH. That scared the shit out of me. I would have had a heart attack if Claire removed one of her granny rings for Adam to propose me now itself. Wonder if they can afford my hospital bills..wait, aren't they billionaires?

"T-that, ahem..yeah, mom's right." Adam finished with one more cough.

Claire sighed unhappily. "Ah, I dont understand you kids now-a-days." Yeah, I have proof. She just tried to murder her grandchild aka Adam. "But anyway, you both stay here for tonight. Don't take night rides. I am sure Ria wouldn't mind using Adam's dresses for tonight. Isn't it Ria?"

I paled. I tired the  'help me' eyes to adam who smile at Claire. "Sure, Ria wouldnt mind."

*

He awkwardly scratched his head but anyhow I found it hot. "I-I still don't get it.." he said which evidently was a lie.

I huffed a breath. "I am angry at you. A. You suck at lies. B. You left me all alone to answer what you said 'sorry babe I forgot' and.." I said imitating his voice and continued, "..and above all C. YOU SAID I HAVE NO OBJECTION IN SLEEPING WITH YOU WEARING YOUR GODAMMIT DRESS!!!" I was practically fuming now.

He shoved his hands in his pocket of his Armani slacks and shrugged. "Look.." he started in a peace-treaty-making voice and by the looks of it, he will need it. "Look, I know you are angry at me but I had no choice." I snorted sarcastically.

"Don't you see? Sarah was eyeing us skeptically even though my whole family brought our lies, she didn't buy it. And my whole family actually listens to her..which is a bad thing. So if I had said no to Claire's proposal Sarah will have a proof to her theory. And trust me, when Claire is intent on something she will fight tooth and nail for it. She is a damn stubborn lady." Adam calmly explained.

I heaved a sigh. He was right. He was damn right! We stood in silence for a few good seconds when we heard a sound from the adjacent corridor. To some unknown reason, we listened to it.

"Auntie! Don't you see the point?! I swear that they are not a couple. Can't you figure it out?!" I shrill voice nearly yelled. Sarah..my conscience sneered.

"Honey, I know you are disappointed with Adam but he only considers you like a sister and fell in love with that girl. Besides my boy won't lie to me. Ria also looks like a good girl to me.." a tender voice tried arguing. That I identified as Lorriane.

"Auntie Lorriane, its not cause I am jealous. She is a gold digger and I know it! Its plain truth. They didn't even kiss properly. Don't you think that is unnatural?"

"Maybe they are trying to be modest around us?" Lorriane argued again.

"Auntie, both you and I know that you are bluffing. Why don't you try thinking like a third person?" Sarah said relentlessly. For once there was silence. Lorriane gave up! She is suspecting on us!! Damn you, Sarah!! I was cursing her in all the languages I knew and a made a mental list of furniture that can be made out of her bones as I retreated to support myself on the wall, eyes closed. All what we did is down the gutter..

"No. Our works won't be down the gutter." A deep masculine voice whispered. My eyelids flew open. All I saw was Adam's handsome face just inches away from mine. The smell of his cologne and peppermint after shave filled my nosestrils. My breathing grew ragged as I became super-aware of how close his body was to mine.

"A-Adam..wh-what a-a-are you..doing?" I managed to force out of my paralyzed tounge. His warm breath was fanning on my face and that increased my heart beat. Blood was pounding in my ears. Lub-dub...lub-dub...lub-dub...

"Ria, I am sorry to break you rule number three. This is the only way to save our drama." Adam whispered huskily to my ears.

His voice made me feel a strange feeling in my lower abdomen. What rule number three? What drama? I wondered as all my memories seemed to vanish now.. The sound from the adjacent hallway was increasing and they were arguing in a strange language. The only language I understood now was Adam's even breathing. His hands slowly ventured up to the small of my back and gently pushed me to his hard chest. My soft front was now pressed against his hard ones. His other hand cupped my lower jaws. I wondered really hard what he was upto but I was clueless as my brain was now a useless mush.

"Sorry, Ria." He purred. His sea-blue eyes were turning into a more deeper shade in what?...desire? Shoot!! Then, everything came rushing back to me...but too late.

"No—!"

In one fluid motion he swooped down, his lips crashing roughly against mine. My eyes widened as my memories flew out if my ears just like that. His lips captured mine in a fierce..what do you call it? Yes, a kiss. His lips caressed mine hungrily, coaxing the seams of my lips to part. My heart was beating hard as if I am gonna die now. Ooh, damn! I never realized that his lips are as sweet and soft as this!

I don't know what I was thinking, but I parted my lips for him and gave him access to me. He didn't take even a proper second before he thrust his tounge into my mouth, licking insides of my mouth with so much passion that I almost passed out. Thank god, he was holding me up against himself.

I didn't think or hear anything nor anything was making sense at all. Not even when I heard two loud gasps near us, not when something fell and crashed into a gazillion pieces on the floor. I held on to his neck and pushed him more against me. I felt like I had taken some kinda drug, and did a sky jump altogether. He continued his pleasurable torture in my mouth, at times nipping my lower lip. A deep throated sound came from me. Was that a protest? It surely has to be a protest! But it sounded more like a moarn of pleasure to me. I violently raked my hands in his soft dirty blonde hair as he growled.

But suddenly, Adam froze. His movement stopped as if turned off by a switch. Then he slowly pulled from me, his hands still holding me close to him so that my currently Jell-O like legs won't give away. Wait! He was looking at someone there. I couldn't unfortunately comprehend any thing. I was dazed like a deer caught in headlights.

"Mom, I-I am really sorry. I didn't mean—" Adam said with his beautiful lips. I was staring at his lips which held a whole new meaning to me. On instinct, I touched my swollen lips and gulped. What just happened?

"Son, you don't need to apologize. I too have experienced being in love. Don't worry." A voice said. I looked over at the origin of the voice to find Lorriane and a jealous-angry—what was her name? Ah, yes—Sarah. Suddenly Lorriane started to pull Sarah by her hands to disappear to another corridor.

"Please continue what we inturpted!" Lorraine yelled from the corridor, out of our sight. What did she inturpt? I thought for a moment. Oh NO!!!! Did Adam just—? Once again my memories came flooding back to me. My jaws dropped and eyes widened. Adam was looking back at me with concern.

"Sorry." He meeked.

SMACK! My balled fists collided with Adam's face. A perfect punch landed on Adam's handsome face making him issue a muffled 'oomph!' and let of me. I wobbled on my feet as Adam bent down, cradling his nose. Wait! You punched him even though you kissed him back? My conscience screamed. I ignored it. It was a mind blowing kiss though.. my conscience rattled again.

Adam stood up, his hands hands still on his nose. "What was that for?" He asked in a nasal sound. I was so about bite his head off but I suddenly thought over his voice. It didn't sound like the ruthless businessman I knew but sounded more like those clowns in a fun-fair. As if on cue Adam removed his hands from his nose. It was red from the punch I gave him...just like the nose of those clowns. An image of Adam in clown outfit crossed my mind making me burst out into a loud laughter. I laughed for a good three minutes solid and finally regained my senses from my tummy ache.

I looked up at Adam who had his hands on his hips and looming over me. His eyes were narrowed like two narrow slits.

"What?" I barked. "I am supposed to be the one angry here." I tapped my foot impatiently as I crossed my arms on my chest.

"Not when you are the most successful businessman who got punched on his nose by a crazy woman who is laughing her head off." He also crossed his arms.

"Well, you kissed me first!" I sneered.

"You kissed me back!" He spat.

Ouch! Shots hit! Wee-woo-wee-woo-wee-woo...

"Not my fault when you got to kiss me in a very hormonal stage of my life! If you would have did this to me approximately ten days from now, I would have tore you into thin shreds cause mother nature can be crueler!" I hissed.

He grimanced. "Did you by chance mention your next mensural cycle just now?"

I bit my swollen lips. "Maybe."

He rose his hands in a surrender and backed away. "Okay..so what about we head to my room before we murder each other. You might not wanna be killed in a corridor."

I grudgingly followed him as I knew nothing about this house. "But promise me we talk this out late—hey! Did you just mention about killing me?!"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll talk. Now stop yelling in my ears."

"I won't!!"

************************************************************************************

*belly dancing into view *

Hey ya'll !!!

Enjoyed the CUTEST of the chapters so far? I am the most happiest person alive! I have put a lot of effort into it and i am pretty convinced myself of the chapter.

Hey, check the picture on the right. Its Katrina Kaif who I thought will do Ria's role perfect! I don't know how or why..I was watching one of her movie and this idea just clicked. Do you think my choice is right??? Anyway, I am currently hunting for Adam and if any one is intersted in helping me out, I will let you in his bio data. (There are additional facts other than his appearance of course!)
*wink*

NAME: Adam Lexwood

AGE: 27

NATIONALITY: American

PROFESSION: CEO of Lexwood Corporation

DATE OF BIRTH: 29/2/1988

PLACE OF BIRTH: Texas, USA

BLOOD TYPE: AB negative

HEIGHT: 6"5 ft

EYE COLOUR: blue

HAIR COLOUR: Dirty blonde

COMPLEXTION: Fair white

FEATURES: Strong jaws, sturdy nose, well maintained body, broad chest, strong and authoritative appearance.

GRATUATION: Business degree from Harvard University.

NAME OF FATHER: David Lexwood

NAME OF MOTHER: Lorriane Lexwood

FAVORITE DRESS: Armani suit, preferably black

FAVORITE COLOUR: grey

FAVORITE FOOD: Carbonara and Buffalo wings

FAVORITE NOVEL: (no time for such things)

FAVORITE MOVIE: Batman—the dark Knight rises

LIKES: Work, speeches or presentations, swimming, kick boxing

HATES: Being laughed at, sitting idle, clubbing and Halloween

COMMON USE OF WORDS: Damn, dammit, what the f***? , godammit, f***s*** , work you a**holes! , I can't take this s*** anymore, I don't give two flying f***s about it.

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

147K 8.9K 47
**NOTE: This book is UNEDITED. For any one who has issues with typos and grammar, I apologize** When Dr. Abhimanyu Birla and Ms. Akshara Goenka are s...
113K 4.4K 65
ใ€Šใ€Š Featured in "๐€๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ" reading list by @๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐˜๐—œ๐—ก ใ€‹ใ€‹ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ด...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
5.8K 498 36
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...