๐—ฅ๐˜‚๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ ๐—œ๐˜€๐—ต๐—พ

By xofitales

๐€ ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ฅ๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ In a world where dreams... More

| Disclaimer |
| Dedication |
| Prologue |
-Characters-
01| Burden
02| Roses and tulips
03| Royal fairy
04| seven years [Prologue scene]
05| Prayers
06| Grumpy x hyper excited
07| The villainess [Female lead]
08| We met after seven yrs (I)
08| We met after seven yrs (II)
08| We met after seven yrs (III)
10| And we parted ways
11| Unconditional hate
12| Stalker & obsession ๐Ÿ’€
13| One night stand
14| Revenge
15| Cost of her tears
16| Kidnapping her
17| Pain and pleasure
18| I'm high on him
19| Flirts and lies
20| Kitchen romance
Must read.

09| She wore that for me โœจ

340 39 31
By xofitales

WORD COUNT ∹ 2300+
PUBLISHED ON ∹ Mar 30, 2024
___________________________

Fursatein kahaan
Aankhon ko hai meri aaj kal
Dekhne mein tujhe
Saara din jaaye nikal
___________________________

As Zeeshan turned to walk away, his shoulders slumped under the weight of disappointment, his once lively expression now clouded with sadness.

"Where did appi go?" he asked, his voice tinged with longing.

Fiya gestured for silence, her amusement evident as she chuckled from behind the curtains. I shrugged, feigning ignorance.

"I don't know" I replied softly.

With a sigh, Zeeshan was about to leave, his sad expression a testament to his unspoken emotions.

As she startled him with a playful

"BOO!" their laughter intertwined in a warm embrace, filling the room with the melody of their joyous giggles.

It was a precious moment witnessing Fiya effortlessly bonding with Zeeshan.

"Ek tumhari hi kami thi, iss makaan ko ghar banane mein. Warna insan toh tanha mehelon mein bhi hota hai"

(In building this home, only your absence was lacking. Otherwise, even in solitary palaces, one can feel lonely)

I took a relief sigh feeling the sukoon in my room which carried those melody giggles and laughter of my loved ones

(Sukoon: peace)

As evening descended, preparations were complete but nobody was more sad than me because I wished I could turn every single sec into hours so that she stay with me.

My stylish were checking everything out but my eyes were just wanting to check her.

Where is she?

I said her to be with me

Where could she be?

"Bilal, call her right now and y'all can leave this room" my voice carried a note of seriousness as I gestured towards the staff, who promptly obeyed my command.

"Aap taiyaar nhi hui abhi tak?" I inquired, my eyes resting on her unchanged attire as she entered through the door.

(Have you not gotten ready yet?)

"It's your birthday, not mine!" she retorted, her tone tinged with frustration at my insistence.

"Even if I stay in these clothes, nothing really matters" she replied, her voice carrying a hint of anger towards my persistent demands for her presence.

Love, why do you have to say that?

You're my whole world, and you think you don't matter. Stop hurting me this way. my heart aching at the thought of causing her pain.

"Um, remember you're the event manager, so you have to supervise everything. That's why he called you to take the approval. And if the event manager itself doesn't show up well, then the impression will be ruined"

Bilal intervened, taking charge of the situation as I remained caught up in my intense emotions for her.

"Yeah, I'm sorry" she apologized, acknowledging Bilal's point. I felt grateful to have my best friend who knew how to handle any situation adeptly.

If I had tried to explain, I might have said something impulsively that could have caused further complications.

"It's okay" I murmured, my tone was lower still grappling with the reality that I couldn't express her worth and my feelings.

"You say, how's this fit looking?" Bilal attempted to lighten the mood, diverting our attention to a different topic.

"Oh, I didn't notice! It looks really amazing. Perfect color for you" she complimented which got noticed afterwards bc the first thing I noticed was that 'She didn't notice'

I gave a nervous smile towards her, simultaneously calming my brain which was saying that by her behavior I can sense, my chances to win her heart are decreasing because this girl literally didn't notice any change in me while I was standing in front of her.

"There's something missing?"

Her brows dipped in confusion while she continuously looked into my eyes.

"Yeah, coming" somebody called her from outside, and she immediately excused herself.

"You would've asked about Zeeshan, not me! She would give him four kisses, two hugs, and a lot of kuchi kuchi ku (cheeks pulling)" I remarked, feel sorrow in my tone as she didn't compliment me the way she would Zeeshan.

Bilal placed his hand on my shoulder and took a deep breath before saying
"Pyaar insaan ko bacha bana deta hai"

(Love makes a person feel like a child)

My eyes slowly shifted to give him a death glare

Was he suppressing his laugh?

I punched his shoulder, making him hiss in pain, yet this human was still dying on the side couch.

"This! This was missing" Fiya exclaimed, holding up a small vase-shaped steel container. I didn't know exactly what it was called.

"Surma?" Bilal asked, and she nodded.

"Apply it. Your eyes will look very, very pretty. This will complement your look" she offered, but I didn't take it.

"I haven't used this before, so I don't know how it's actually applied" I confessed

"I'll help you. Sit here, rest your head back, face it towards the ceiling" she instructed swiftly, her actions surprising me.

Is she really doing this? I mean--

"Listen, I have to apply it in one go only. Otherwise, it will create a mess. I can't touch you so stay stable"

she explained firmly, and I nodded. Not fully comprehending her words. Whenever she's this close to me, the only audible melody my ears witness is my insane heartbeats.

I was breathless the moment she leaned down towards my waterline. I'm sure I haven't blinked once since she came closer to my face.

"Why are you getting nervous?" she asked, her movement making me curse my heart. But I had to calm it down.

"No, I am-- not" I lied, gazing at the floor before meeting her gaze again. She leaned back again and slowly whispered "Then why isn't your heartbeat cooperating with you?"

Boom-

The explosion I felt in my chest.

Our gaze shifted towards Bilal, who ran outside the room. Was he embarrassed? Doesn't matter, because I definitely am.

"What happened to him?" she asked, clearly puzzled by who would run away like that.

I'm sorry, bro

It wasn't intentional to make you the third wheel.

"Anyways, close your eyes when I say, and don't worry! I won't poke them" she chuckled a bit, thinking I was nervous because I hadn't applied this before.

"Ankhon ki kisse parwah hai
Noor e jahan
Mujhe toh daar hai kahin mera khawab tutt na jaye"

(Who cares about the eyes
Noor e Jahan. I am afraid that my dream might be broke)

My eyes refused to close. My soul was drowned in her natural fragrance.

Very carefully and smoothly, the surma stick touched my waterline. My eyes were too loyal to make any movement.

"Close now" she commanded, and I followed obediently.

The stick was still at the waterline when I closed my eyes. she slowly slid it towards the edge so that it gets perfectly applied.

"Open"

I felt my eyes start burning from the particles present in the surma, which was evident with the fresh tear that fell on my cheek.

She immediately made a gentle puff with her dupatta to wipe off the tear from my cheek and also from the tear duct.

"Is it burning?" her eyes showed concern.

I responded with a warm smile and shook my head in 'No.' I love the way she didn't use any tissue.

Her personality is what makes her royal.

"This one is left"

I pointed towards the other eye, secretly wishing for time to stop in this moment. My girl repeated the same procedure but this time I felt she was even more careful.

My hands sneakily gripped her dupatta, which was falling on my chest.

"Show me now" she instructed, prompting me to open my eyes but my left eye started watering continuously. I'm sure it was red because this surma is very strong.

"Are you sure it's not burning? If it is, then please you can wash it off" she was tensed, looking at my tears, which were quickly being removed by her dupatta.

I was in my own world, lost in the aromatic embrace of her dupatta. This type of feeling is what it means to come 'home.'

Fiya, you're my home. My safe place.

She clinked her bangles in front of my face, snapping me back to reality "Where did you get lost?" she inquired, her voice bringing me back with a gentle jolt.

I chuckled, squeezing my eyes shut because her gesture was so cute.

"I'm alright. Thank you" I behaved myself and assured her, while she gave me those side eyes.

I'm sure she must be thinking I'm mad.

Who should tell her that yes, I'm madly in love with her?

"You also please get ready, ma'am"

"He sounded like a baby. And why does he have to call me 'ma'am'? It makes me arghh-- shy" Sofia mumbled, lowering her gaze and walking away.

"Kon kehta hai Mohabbat aankho me hoti hai..
Dil to wo bhi le jate hai jo nazre jhuka ke chalte hai.."

(Who says love is in the eyes..
Hearts are taken away even by those who walk with their eyes down)

I emerged where everybody was waiting for me, my steps guiding me towards Ammi Ji who pecked my forehead and specially complimented my eyes.

Mahira bhabhi and Bilal were behind her, carrying teasing expressions. This made it clear that Bilal had spilled the tea here.

"Where's Shehbaz bhai?" I asked, and bhabhi mentioned that he'll come with my gift. I didn't inquire further.

I turned around, and there she was

my pretty lady, appearing in my sight.

Everything around me went quiet. It was like someone turned down the volume on the world. Then, as she walked closer, the peace grew stronger. It felt like we were the only two people in the room, in our own little bubble of calm.

She was beyond beautiful than the picture I imagined of her in that maroon dress.

I felt a sudden urge to offer my hand as she descended the stairs. Shyness occupied my cheeks when I realized the whole crowd was watching her as if she had become the light of the gathering.

"Have you noticed? The crowd has eyes on her but she's looking at you" Ammi ji whispered, and I lowered my head to smile like the luckiest man alive.

"Why don't you do that? Kala tikka behind the ear? To keep evil eyes off. Put it for her"

(Type of desi superstition to keep evil eyes off)

I suggested, because I couldn't risk anything when it comes to her.

"Ohh, I thought you never believed in those superstitions. Such a changed man" she taunted, and I simply gestured towards my girl.

In my girl's case, I definitely believe
'Sabse pehle nazar apno ki hi lagti hai.'

They all went towards Fiya and showered her with compliments while my hands were clasped behind my back.

Ammi Ji wiped the kajal from the corner of her eye and applied it behind her ear.

Fiya blushed, hiding her face between her palms.

The view was picture-perfect for me.

"She completes our family!" I whispered softly to myself as I stood away from their group.

She noticed and walked towards me, asking "Kesi lag rahi hoon?"

(How do I look?)

"Ek khwaab tha mera
Ke kabhi tu saj dhaj
kar mujhse puche

'Kesi lag rahi hoon mai?'

Aur teri tareef mein aapna dil nikal kar, Tere sajde mein rakh doon

Par fir bhi bayan na kar paun
Ki meri nazar mein kitna haseen hai tu"

(It was my dream
That someday you would adorn yourself and ask me
'How do I look?'
And, pouring my heart out in praise of you,
I would place it at your feet,
Yet still be unable to express
How beautiful you are in my eyes)

SOFIA'S POV:

Am I looking that bad? Why is he taking so long to reply? Is something wrong with him?

Why does he keep zoning out?

"You be lost in your own world, I'm going" I turned back because he just kept ignoring me to my face.

The dupatta, which was hung on both sides of my shoulders got pulled instantly.

I faced backward, keeping my fingers around the neckline only to see him holding the corner of my dupatta's free side.

"There's something missing!" he said, and I stood right there before he let go of the corner, which later on got tangled on the floor.

"What?" I questioned.

"Why aren't you wearing bangles?" he pointed towards my empty wrists, which I didn't like either.

"I don't have a matching pair"

I said in a low tone, feeling a pang of disappointment because I love wearing bangles.

"Wear this" he pulled out fresh red rose gajras from his pocket, making my eyes shine. First, he gave me that matching hijab cloth and now this.

How well-raised this man is.

I didn't know why, but I extended my wrist so that he could himself make me wear it.

"Can I?" he still asked for my permission, making me feel more comfortable than I had ever been with anyone.

I smiled widely and blinked in assurance.

My eyes were on his, the whole time.
He made sure not to clash our skin.

His mother came teasingly, saying she also wanted the gajras. He obediently pulled her wrist and tied another pair of gajras, which were in his blazer's coat.

I and his mother were unknowingly appalled, as we weren't expecting this. The way he looks at his mother definitely shows why he's raised this way.

"I haven't seen such a man before" those words were exclaimed by my heart to the brain, which had misunderstood him by his first impression.
___________________________

A/n:
There's only one question
"Is it still one sided?"

• This chapter literally took almost
whole freaking day to write & edit

• I hope my hardwork pays off

• Will be waiting for your reviews

• Thank you so much for reading 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 3.6K 33
11th century, in Singhal. Her own people betrayed her, her family used her. Pawned her in a political marriage with a man 15 years older than her who...
118K 7.6K 29
DARK SERIES #1 "You don't have any idea what boundaries I can cross for you. I'm not the almighty but capable enough to steal your fate and entwine w...
372K 11.7K 46
Little did she knew that her father married a women, named kalyani. And also a little 5 year kiddo can understand what? She was 5 when her mom, left...
469K 19.6K 89
"You?" She yells. "You feisty cat, look what have you done? You have teeth or cutters?" "And what the hell did you just do? You scared the hell out...