The Shrewd Wolves (H&HP Serie...

By shruthii

"You don't want a mate and neither do I. So for the sake of our wolves, let's just complete the mating proces... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 30

48.2K 1.7K 314
By shruthii

Hi,

Presenting Chapter 30 of TSW, which is dedicated to @GaneshNayak :D Thanks Ganesh, for taking us to delta and Murudeshwar :D Had lots of fun :D

Enjoy!

****

"When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?"
,

SOOTHSAYER P.O.V

Sounds of leaves crushing as someone stepped over it. A girl running in the woods. Her blonde hair flaying as she kept running like hellhounds was behind her.

A stray tear drop dripped from her chin and when it fell on the ground with a little splash, it was red... the colour of blood.

Gasping, I sat up and took deep breaths to calm my pounding heart. As I clutched the sheets tightly, a drop of sweat rolled down from the corner of my forehead.

For a long time, I sat there and tried to supply as much oxygen as possible to my lungs. Wiping my face with my hands, I threw the sheet away and got off the bed. In the washroom, I collected a handful of water and splashed it on my face. Holding the edges of a sink, I closed my eyes and flinched when I was hit by that same vision again.

I wasn't scared of the vision. I was scared of the drop of blood, which implied threat to life or... death!

Gritting my teeth, I stared at my reflection and gulped when I saw that my eyes were shining gold. The color it usually turns, when either my wolf is at bay or— like in the present case— when I get images and visions of future events.

I do not want to do this. I do not want to do this. I kept repeating in my mind while I was brushing my teeth.

After showering, I got dressed and went downstairs where my mom was there, reading a paper. "Good morning" I said kissing her cheeks and she replied the same as I dropped my bag on the couch.

"Your breakfast is in the table" she said while I picked the plate. After switching on the Television, I increased the volume and sat beside her on the couch.

"What happened?" mom asked folding the newspaper.

"Nothing" I replied with a careless shrug as I ate. Sighing, she got up from her seat and switched off the Television.

I looked away as she crossed her arms and stood in front of me, patiently waiting for me to open up.

I didn't.

"Well, what was it?" she inquired, after some time.

"Mom... please!" I pleaded and closed my eyes. The vision was back and I growled loudly as my eyes flew open.

"Fine" she sighed and my head whipped to look at her.

Fine? Really?

Finding it hard to believe, I cocked an eyebrow questioningly and smiling, mom sat on the coffee table in front of me.

"It's a gift" she stated and I gulped. "The visions might be shocking, but there obviously is a reason why the nature Goddess chose only you to have it."

"Not only me. There was one before me and he got killed because of his gift" I said flatly.

"He sacrificed himself. There is a difference" she pointed out.

"Bottom line— He went up!" I said pointing my index upwards.

Mom smiled, "I know you are not scared of dying. So why do you keep insisting on denying your gifts?"

I was scared for her, for my family. If Konrad comes to know about my gifts, then he will target them just so that I could be his puppet. I did not want that. I have seen through my own eyes how miserable he has tried to make Darya's life. He had her mother killed in front of her and the thought of something happening to.... No!

I do not want any such thing and the best way to avoid this is denying my destructive gift so that at some point of time, I stop having those visions.

When I did not reply to my mom, she placed a gentle, caring hand over my clenched fists. "The gift is given to you so that you can revise the course of future. Avoid any events that are ghastly and hurtful. Especially the ones that would cause pain to those whom you love"

I stiffened as I heard it and my eyes clashed with my mom's blue ones.

"Paulo could have avoided it... he could have saved his pack. His gift did not help him then" I said with a frown.

"He did... in his own way"

"By creating that monster?" I demanded sharply and mom narrowed her eyes, at my tone.

"I am sure he had his reasons and one day, it will come out. I just hope, that that day, you don't feel as ashamed of your gift as you do now" mom replied and then stood up.

"I have to go to work darling" she said and picked her bag. "Do what you think is right." After kissing my cheeks, she went out.

I don't know for how long I sat there, staring at the floor and debating on what to do. In the end, I retrieved my bag and decided to attend the class.

__

In the first period, Mr. Fossberg was blabbering something and I couldn't even hear a word of what he was saying because I was unable to concentrate.

The vision I had seen earlier today kept repeating in my mind and I held the edges of my desk in a tight grip.

'What's wrong?' my friend, who was sitting beside me, asked and I shook my head.

The gift is given to you so that you can revise the course of future. Avoid any events that are ghastly and hurtful. Especially the ones that would cause pain to those whom you love—I could hear mom's words over and over again in my head.

The one's I love!

I wanted to avoid causing them pain. Yet what if one of them is going to get hurt...

My wolf started pacing inside me and whined repeatedly. That's when I knew some serious shit is going to happen.

Gritting my teeth, I grabbed my bag and dashed out of the class.

Twenty minutes later, I was at home and standing outside a room specially done for me. I had locked the room two months ago and had blindly thrown the key out of my window. That day, I had not liked what I had seen in the future and so, I had even sworn never to step into this room.

But what if, someone's life was in danger?

One forceful shove from me was all it took to break open the door. One corner of my lips tilted upwards as I saw the red paint of the room. The walls were red, the ceiling was red and even the floors were of red marble. It was done by my mom, who believes that the colour red helps in concentrating.

There was one wooden table and chair at the center of the room. On the table there was a bundle of papers and two bowls. One bowl had the pristine white screw shells and the other contained chunks of charcoal.

I walked towards the table and collected a fistful of screw shells, from the bowl, with my right hand.

After taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and threw all the screw shells high in the air. And as they were flying in the air, I placed my empty hand and caught all those which directly dropped itself to my palm. The remaining fell on the floor.

Opening my eyes, I placed the collected screw shells on the table and divided them into pair. I grimaced when I saw that one was left out.

An odd one. Definitely something bad!

Even though I could see the future like Paulo, I was quite different from him. I have heard that he could see the exact thing happening, whereas I cannot. The so called gift I had was still developing and hence I couldn't see the exact thing. I didn't even want to see the exact thing because what I could already see was disturbing.

Wolves used to call Paulo a soothsayer and I shuddered as I recalled it. Soothsayer? Really? That sounds so medieval, lame and boring.

I prefer being called a psychic. Astrologer too was okay, but not that stupid name. But let's face it... no one would call me by any of the names because other than my immediate family and few selected friends, no one knew about my so called gift.

And I preferred it that way.

I don't know how it was for Paulo, but for me it starts with the dreams. To see if what I dreamt about is good or bad, I usually throw the screw shells and collect the ones, which fall on my hand. And if they are odd numbered, like in today's case where I collected only eleven screw shells, then definitely something bad was happening.

As my visions did not show me the exact event, I had started practicing this other technique which helps me. I have learnt this from my Guru in Bali when I went there one summer to develop my so called gift. This technique helps me in seeing a vision that was almost close to the exact thing.

Picking up a piece of charcoal, I held it tightly in a clenched fist and walked to the wall. After placing the tip of the charcoal to the wall, I closed my eyes and concentrated on the vision that I had.

It is difficult because I have to block everything and just see what my mind was showing me.

I don't know how long it took before the vision hit me again.

Sounds of leaves crushing as someone stepped over it. A girl was running in the woods with inhumane speed. Her golden blonde hair was left loose and it was flaying behind her as she kept running. Her eyes were red in color and she was crying while she was running.

There was someone chasing her. A boy. Running. He had dark hair and dark eyes. The boy stops running and cranes his head to look up. No. The boy was not chasing her, he was... following her.

The girl was moving faster than the wind and she uses branches of trees to help her. That's what the boy was looking at.

A car is moving on a secluded road. There are two guys inside. One had dark hair and other sandy blonde hair.

The girl is standing next to a tree and crying. There is a loud sound of bomb blasting and dark fog of smoke spreads around the area.

With a growl, I stepped back and dropped the remaining piece of charcoal to the ground.

Darya.

She was running in the woods. I am sure it is her because she is the only wolf who has red eyes. I couldn't see the face of the boy following her or the guys inside the car either.

Slowly, I raised my head and stared at the name that I had written on the wall— QUILLON. I furrowed my brows as I read it. His life is in danger? That's where Darya was running to?

I took a deep breath to calm myself. My primary concern was Darya. I could not bear it if she gets hurt. I had been so foolish by trying to ignore the vision. What if something had happened to Darya? I would never have been able to forgive myself if she had gotten hurt.

She was running to save Quillon. I think one of the guys in the car was him. There was a blast. His life is in danger.

The blast.

Lord! Is Darya going to get hurt? Is Quillon going to get hurt in that blast? I did not care about Quillon but if he is hurt, then Darya will be hurt too. She might lose control.

Shit!

I raced to the living room, grabbed the cell-phone from the coffee-table and almost dialed Darya's number before I realized she had warned me not to do it. It was for my own good, she had said. Running upstairs, I searched for my other phone in the closet and called Darya.

She picked up almost immediately, "Hi" she said cheerfully. "Finally remembered me? You told me—"

"Darya" I said cutting her off and she stopped talking. I could already imagine her getting tensed.

"There will be a blast" I said and I heard her gulp. "The target... It's Quillon" I whispered and then heard sound of something dropping. "Darya... Darya" I called but there was no reply.

I was sure she has left in search of Quillon. I just hoped that she would be safe too.

________

DARYA P.O.V

Humming a tune, I brushed my hair and smiled as I saw my own reflection in the mirror. My eyes gleamed with happiness. Even for me, I looked really happy and I knew I was happy because of Quillon.
Just thinking about him had my cheeks flush and my lips curving upwards to form a smile. The smile got wiped off my face when I realized I was acting like an infatuated teenager. Well, I am still a teenager—my twentieth birthday was a month away— but that didn't mean I have to act like this.

After getting dressed in black skinny jeans, grey top and a military green shirt over it, I went down for breakfast. Quinn was eating cereals when I went and sat facing him.

"So, where did you guys go yesterday?" Quinn began while I poured milk to my bowl of cereals.

"Quillon showed me the outskirts of Serene Pack" I replied without looking at him.

"Whole day?" Quinn asked and I looked up to see him flaunting a knowing smirk, which brought colour to my cheeks.

"Don't" I warned when he about to open his mouth again. I just knew he would tease me some more.

"Well... I—"

"How is your biology partner?" I broke in with a smirk, which wiped off his.

"Touché" Quinn said raising his glass of juice and I grinned.

Just then Quillon entered the room, wearing formals and I was transfixed. My heart began to thump, making it hard for me to breathe. He looked amazing! Formals just enhanced his powerful muscular frame.

"Going out?" Quinn asked him and he nodded.

"I got a call from Philip Morgan—"

"The accountant?" Quinn asked.

"Yep. He wants me to come to his house. Apparently, there were some problems while totaling. So he wants me to bring the original invoices" Quillon replied while eating plain loaf.

"House? Why do you have to go to his house?"

"He got a fracture in his leg and he is taking a leave for two months. So he wants to finish up all the accounts of this month or else—"

My phone started ringing and I was surprised to see it was from Wesley's dad. "Hello?"

"Good morning Darya. Listen, I need a favor from you" Mr. Adams began.

"Sure... what is it?" I asked.

"My wife's sister met with an accident and so we are going to her place. I will drop Wesley in the farm; can you please look after him until we return?"

"Yes, of course" I replied.

"Oh! Thank-you so much dear. Are you in the farm now?"

"No. I am still at home. If I leave now, I will be there by ten" I said looking at my watch.

"Okay, good. We will be there by nine-thirty. Please just stay by his side okay?"

"Sure. Don't worry, I will take care of him" I said with a smile.

"Thank-you dear" he said and ended the call.

"Who is Wesley?" Quillon asked me.

"He is my cherished employee" I said proudly and Quillon narrowed his eyes. "He is an autistic and he does vegetable displays."

"Right. I remember. Mom told us about him" Quinn said and Quillon nodded.

"His aunt met with an accident. So his parents are leaving and they want me to take care of him until they return" I sighed and then sat straight. "Which means, I have to hurry" I added.

"I cannot drop you today" Quillon said and my wolf sulked inside me. "Philip's house is near the railway station and he asked me to be there by eleven" Quillon remarked and I nodded.

After breakfast, I went upstairs to put on my flat ankle boots. Quillon walked in while I was searching for my bracelet in the closet. Shit! Where did I keep it last night?

"Looking for something?" he asked leaning against the closet door.

"My bracelet" I said and then remembered, it might be on the coffee table. "Got it" I sighed when I found it there.

"I will pick you up at the evening" Quillon said.

"No need. I am taking my car right" I said as I put on my bracelet. Dropping and picking me up daily, from Emperor, had become a routine for us now. But today...

"I will pick you up at the evening" Quillon stated and I raised my head to look at his dark brown eyes. My breath got in my throat as he took one step forward and another and another, thus closing the distance between us.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while he kissed me fiercely. I shivered as his arms tightened around me while the kiss deepened.

In the end, I was breathless and the world spun around me. "Okay" I whispered and Quillon smiled. His one smile had my tummy flip in excitement. "I will call you" I said and then slowly started making my way towards the door.

My wolf whined softly as I turned, smiled and waved at him.

__

Bring the car to a halt at a signal, I leaned my head back against the seat and smiled to myself as I thought about our first date yesterday.

I still could not believe it was a date. I honestly thought he was taking me there because I asked him to. But hearing Quillon saying it a date meant a lot to me and I swear my wolf had danced giddily. That was definitely the best part of the day.

I was also glad he finally told me something about himself. Plus, he also let me ride his bike, though throughout the way, he was asking me to be careful.

Another best part was when we encountered Leah and her friends. I had brought the bike to an abrupt halt when I saw Leah's car. The look on their faces, when they saw Quillon and me were like soothing balms to my wolf.

Leah had been so shocked that she had been incapable of movement. It was Quillon, who had leaned forward and pressed the loud horn of the bike. I tried to be mean and smirk at their faces, but unfortunately I couldn't because on some level I felt sorry for Leah. She was brought up to believe she would be the Luna and so, she still wants to be one. I just hoped she would meet her mate soon and find some happiness of her own.

When the car hadn't moved, Quillon, who was sitting behind me had held the handle and helped me drive past them. Throughout the while, Leah and her friends had kept staring at us.

So, I even loved that part of the day.

Oh! Screw it! I loved the whole day. It was the best day of my life for it had been just Quillon and me.

My wolf sighed inside me and I ducked my head to hide my smile. When I felt someone's gaze on me, I looked and found a guy on the car beside me, staring at me. He winked and I shot him a drop-dead glare, the very moment signal turned green.

I parked my car close to the entrance of the farm and spotted Nick who had been waiting for me.

"Hi Nick" I said chirpily and he cocked an eyebrow at my tone.

"Why did you miss college yesterday?" Nick demanded.

"I had gone out with Quillon" I replied, lowering my head and Nick nodded, with a smile that quite did not reach his ears. I was about to ask him what was wrong, when I spotted Wesley and his parents in the farm.

"Wait a minute" I murmured and started going towards them, when they spotted me. Just then, my cell phone started ringing and I raised my brows in surprise when I saw it was from my friend. I wanted to share a lot of stuff with my friend, but decided to call later and talk in detail because Wesley's dad was already making his way to where I was.

"Hi" I greeted with a smile. "Finally remembered me? You told me—"

"Darya" my friend cut me off and the change, the gravity in the tone had cold tremors run down the length of my spine.

My friend is a very, very calm person and always joyful but at now, all that was gone and replaced by seriousness.

It meant one and only one thing— something bad, something severely terrible is going to happen soon.

"There will be a blast" I swallowed audibly after hearing those words. "The target... It's Quillon" Though it was said in a whisper, I could hear it loud and clear. My heart started pounding in my chest and I felt my body freeze as my blood turned cold.

The cell phone dropped from my hand as my wolf howled in pain. "Darya" Nick was by my side almost immediately.

Quillon.

Something bad is going to happen. He is going out... to the railway station he had told me. He might have already left the house now. Dear God!

"What's wrong?" Shane, my other guard, asked me.

"Darya" Wesley's dad called.

"I...I have to g-go" I stuttered feebly and sprinted out of the farm. Since the woods weren't that far from the farm, I could reach very quickly and once, I was deep inside the woods, I ghosted down through a trail that led to the lake. I chose this route because it would take me quicker than running through the woods.

Twenty minutes later, I stopped near the bank of the lake. Gritting my teeth, I focused on the drifting water and then using my hands I prevented the flow of water by collecting it and thrusting it towards my right side, thus creating a huge wall of water.

Once the lake bed was visible, I ran over it and reached the other side of the bank, which belonged to Serene Pack. The wall busted and water fell in a loud splash, thus covering the lake bed, while I kept running in the woods.

My wolf was begging me to shift but I did not want to as I could run faster like this. I kept running faster than the wind so that I could stop Quillon. I cursed myself for dropping my cell phone in the farm. I spared a glance at my wristwatch and sucked in a breath when I noticed that it was ten in the morning.
Quillon had said he was wanted there at eleven.

While I kept running between the thick trees, I realized that this was a plan done by Konrad himself. Which means the accountant was either involved in the plan or coerced to take part.

The blast.

They have kept something in his car? No.... Konrad doesn't have access to it. Then...?

Bomb on the way. A little device...

Landmine!

I cursed as my wolf growled fiercely inside me. They have kept landmine on the way. Since I had been through that way yesterday, I knew where the railway station comes. Quillon would go in the same way today. But I have to reach there before that.

As I sensed a scent of Serene Pack wolf, I came to a stop directly in front of the she-wolf, who was riding a bicycle. I did not know her name, but I had seen her before. She worked in a beauty salon in town.

"Luna" she gasped.

"Try connecting to Quillon" I commanded breathlessly.

She was confused but she did as I asked, "Q's mind link is blocked" she replied to me. "Just keep trying to connect to him and tell him not to go to the accountants place. He has been setup by Konrad" I added and then ran past the shaken she-wolf.

Since I did not know the way through the woods, I kept running closer to the road. I knew this was a long route but I had no other option.

To move swifter, I climbed a tree and then leaped from one tree to another because I could go faster like this. I had no fear of hitting the ground because I knew it would never happen unless, I lose focus. Jumping, leaping and with some acrobatic moves, I raced swifter than anyone could imagine.

The whole time, I could feel my heart thumping in my chest as my wolf howled repeatedly, trying her best to connect to Quillon's wolf. At some point as the cold breeze fanned my face, I realized my eyes were clouded by tears.

Rubbing my eyes, I went on without stopping.

I don't know how long it took, but I finally spotted Quillon's car, which was moving on the curvy road. Holding a branch for support, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I furrowed my brows when no scent hit me. But I was also sure that Quillon was safe.

All of a sudden, Quillon's car came to an abrupt halt and I tensed. But when the car reversed, I heaved a sigh, glad that he got my message.

Quillon and Nevin, who had accompanied him, drove off in the direction they came. I was surprised as well as thankful that Quillon did not sense me being here. I closed my eyes and leaned back against the tree.

However, this wasn't over yet. I still had to find where they kept the landmine and I had to block others from going this way.

Sitting on another branch, I growled lowly and focused on a road side tree. Heat flamed around my heart and while it was spreading around my hands, it died down. I frowned and then gnashed my teeth, when I realized why my wolf wasn't responding either.

Moonflower!

Konrad's men, whoever it was, had been using moonflower fragrance and that explains why Quillon did not realize I was here.

I will not be able to do anything until it's fragrance wears off.

Once the car was out of my sight, I jumped down and then rushed to the spot where Quillon had reversed the car. I stared at my surroundings fully aware that Konrad might have assigned someone to watch the outcome of his plan but by now, the person, without doubt, has already left the place.

Sighing, I tried to sense where the landmine might be. However, it was proving to be difficult because of the effect of the moonflower. The fragrance still had my wolf going frenzy since she was unable to do anything.

Where I had been standing earlier, it hadn't affected much but here, I couldn't even catch the scent of the tree near me. I then concluded that the landmine was closer to this spot.

It was almost fifteen minutes later, before I was able to intake the fresh scent of the forest. The first thing my wolf did was crane her head back and howl, so that everyone could know her mate was safe. Then, she growled furiously and wanted me to search and destroy that bomb.

Once the effect of the fragrance had worn off, I slowly spread my hands apart to swoosh the leaves on the ground, by using my gift of controlling the air. It was only then I could see where exactly the landmine had been kept.

I was no expert in disarming them but I knew; only I could survive the effect. Gritting my teeth, I picked up a small piece of stone and after aiming, I threw it on the landmine.

There was a loud deafening sound of the blast as the area in and around the landmine blew up. Trees got uprooted and burnt by the flames and thick fog of dark smoke rose high in the air. The flames died down easily after I absorbed the energy of the fire, but the dark smoke completely surrounded me.

As I watched the smoke rise higher in the air, I growled understanding what would have been the consequence had Quillon gone through this way.

My wolf started mewling as I felt an unbearable pain envelope my heart. I fell on my knees and let tears roll down my cheeks.

This is what I've always feared- Konrad coming after Quillon. Today, I was able to stop Quillon. But what about the next time and the one after that?

No. There will be no next time.

Wiping my tears, I stood up and growled ferociously. Konrad is going to regret this. How dare he even think about attacking my mate?

Now, I am going to start hunting him. But first, I have to find out where he lives. My wolf growled furiously, totally agreeing with me.

I was about to leave, but as I looked at the consequences of the blast, I stopped and decided to repair the damages. This time as heat flamed around my heart, there was nothing stopping it from coming out of my palms in an invisible force of energy. Within a minute, I had the ground covered up and green leaves appear on the burnt trees. The place looked just the way it was before the blast.

Smiling, I turned to leave but froze on my tracks when I saw a pair of brown eyes watching me in astonishment.

Quinton.

Judging by his facial expression, I knew he saw what I did just a minute ago. He know my not-so-tiny secret!

When Quinn made no move, I approached him. I stood facing him and patiently waited for him to say something and he did... After a minute or two.

"I love you" Quinn said with a dazed smile. My eyes rounded in disbelief as my wolf growled in fury. Gritting my teeth, I drew my hand back and gave one tight slap to Quinn on the face; the impact of which had his face drop sidewards.

"Like a sister! Like a sister! Ow!" Quinn cried out cupping his red cheeks and one side of my lips curved upwards.

When he noticed that he sighed. "Sorry" I apologized and he bobbed his head.

"So your gift is not just sky?" He queired and I shook my head. "Let me hold your hand" Quinn said and before I could protest, he took my hand and held it between his own.

Frowning, I looked at Quinn whose eyes were closed. When he opened them, they were pitch black. Quinn stepped back, shook his head and then blinked a few times until his eyes were back to being those warm brown.

"My God!" Quinn gasped. "You are powerful" he whispered staring at me in awe, and I raised an eyebrow. "You control all the five elements" he stated.

"How...?"

"I can sense others gifts" Quinn answered causing my eyes to widen to it's fullest extent. "That's my gift" Quinn smiled.

"And you just figured out what my gift is?" I asked narrowing my eyes. I found it hard to believe because if he had been able to sense my gifts, then he could have done it on the first day itself!

"Yes. My gift is still developing and I need to touch a person to know their gifts. But recently, I have learnt that sometimes, I can do it without touching" Quinn shrugged.

"Weren't you curious?"

"I was, but Q would have killed me for touching you. Still, I tried a couple of times but nothing was clear" Quinn sighed.

"Why not?"

"Your gift may be called controlling elements as one, but it's divided into five parts that consists of each element. Whenever I used to try, I couldn't pinpoint to one particular thing. Now I realized why it's so" Quinn explained and I nodded. "Why do you hide your gifts from Q?" Quinn demanded and I inhaled sharply.

"I have my reasons" I muttered and then looked at him, "You cannot tell to Quillon either" I warned.

"Why not? Q will be very happy" he said and I winced. Just then I recalled Alpha Abraham Rhoades's last words— 'Not until I kill this vile creature'

Vile creature. That's what he had called me after learning that I was the fifth child. The one who could control the element earth.

"In fact, everyone will be happy because you are very powerful for a she-wolf" he said impressed.

"For a she-wolf?" I asked offended. "I am powerful than all the other wolves" I stated haughtily.

"No. Not all the other wolves" Quinn said shaking his head and I scowled at him. "There is Q, who is the most powerful one" Quinn grinned and I began to think about it.

"What is Quillon's gift?" I asked inquiringly.

"Real nice Darya" Quinn replied flatly and I blinked. "You don't want me to tell about your gifts to Q, but you want to know about his gifts from me?" Quinn demanded cocking one dark brow as I turned beet red in embarassment.

"Sorry" I said weakly. But my doubts about Quillon being gifted was also confirmed at that moment.

"If you want to know what Q's gifts, then ask him. He might tell you. But just know that he is called an Apex Predator for a reason."

After hearing Quinn's words, I felt the ground underneath my feet shake violently. My wolf stood up and started pacing inside me.

" A-Apex Predator?" I said shakily. As I swallowed I realized my throat was dry. Apex Predator? Quillon?

My mate?

Does one even exist? Isn't Apex the alpha of the alpha's? But Quillon...

Quinn nodded, watching me with intent brown eyes. "He can drive a person mad... Literally" Quinn added the last bit very carefully. "What you saw the other day... The killing... That was him making it easy for those rogues." I gulped after hearing Quinn's words. If that was 'making-it-easy', then what was making-it-worse?

"Let's go" Quinn sighed, while I stood there trying to register the information he just shared with me.

"Not that way, this..." I said pointing to my back and Quinn hitched his brows in confusion.

"But-"

"I know home is that way, but first we have to go to the accountants place. Do you know where his house is?" I questioned.

"Yes, but why are we going—" Quinn paused and I knew he figured it out.

"How did you know in the first place?" I demanded.

"Libby told me when she couldn't contact Q. I called and lied to him that you met with an accident."

"What?" I shrieked, stopping in my tracks. He shrugged nonchalantly and I shook my head. "Please tell him I'm fine."

"Already did. Heard he is searching for a weapon to kill me" Quinn cackled and I rolled my eyes.

"So, tell me your story" Quinn began.

"My story?"

"How you acquired the gift of controlling the other four elements" he supplied.

And so I did. I told him about my gifts but cut out some important parts like O, the Alphas' involved in Elegance attack or about Cortez.

When we reached the accountants two storey house, I was telling him about my gifts. Suddenly, Quinn held my arms and growled.

"What's wrong?" I asked in bewilderment.

"The place reeks of blood. They are all dead" Quinn said quietly and I compressed my lips.
Jerking my hand from his hold, I entered the house and was immediately greeted by the sight of four dead bodies. The accountant—Philip Morgan— his wife and two teenage daughters.

All strangled to death!

Just by looking at the victims bodies, I knew who the killer was.

A murderous growl emerged from my throat and it radiated around the room.

Big mistake Cable. Really big mistake!

When I couldn't watch anymore, I walked out of the house.

"All strangled by what looks like curtain" Quinn said and I nodded in agreement. "They fought back. Didn't make it easy, but that's what Cable loves" Quinn added harshly and I was glad he too figured out who the killer was.

"He is dead" I ground out the moment we stepped out of the accountants house. The 'he' here referring to Cable.

Quinn smirked and asked, "What's your plan?"

"My plan to finish Cable was formed two years ago. The only reason I waited was because she wasn't ready. But. No. More" I hissed venomously.

"She?" Quinn questioned, startled.

"Her name— Sabine. But I call her man-magnet because attracting men is a left hand job for her" I smirked.

"That's it. That's exactly the kind of bait we need. Cable must be so into her that he won't be able to take his eyes off her, even after his head is separated from his body" Quinn said excitedly and I pursed my lips.

"Yeah, well, we have 2 hurdles on the way" I said sadly.

"And what are they?" Quinn asked carefully.

"One— Sabine is Vincent's cousin and he is fiercely protective of her."

At this Quinn paled and asked slowly, "What's the other one?"

"Two— She is wary of men because she was attacked and almost raped by a group of boys when she was thirteen."

****

Hope you guys like it :)

And 3rd round in #hottiealert. Who is your fav alpha between Granel and Tyson?

Next update on the 10th of July.

Please vote and comment.

Love you loads.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
542K 15.4K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
171K 5.4K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
115K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...