Protect Those Who Can't Prote...

By venpiter

Now that Alyssa is a supernatural creature like her friends, she doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and... More

A/N
Prologue
CAST & MOMENTS
Creatures of the Night (Part 2)
Parasomnia (Part 1)
Parasomnia (Part 2)
A/N
Dreamcatchers (Part 1)
Dreamcatchers (Part 2)
Dreamcatchers (Part 3)
Condition Terminal (Part 1)
Condition Terminal (Part 2)
Check This Out
A Novel Approach (Part 1)
A Novel Approach (Part 2)
Lydia's Flashback
TRAILER
Required Reading (Part 1)
Required Reading (Part 2)
Required Reading (Part 3)
THANK YOU
Required Reading (Part 4)
CRAZY PEOPLE
Strange Frequencies (Part 1)
Strange Frequencies (Part 2)
Strange Frequencies (Part 3)
Ouroboros (Part 1)
Ouroboros (Part 2)
Season 5B
Book 3
Lies of Omission (Part 1)
Lies of Omission (Part 2)
Status Asthmatics (Part 1)
Status Ashmatics (Part 2)
Status Ashmatics (Part 3)
Epilogue
Note

Creatures of the Night (Part 1)

4.6K 121 31
By venpiter

Ok so I'm back in business. Lol. Jk but are. You. Ready?!?!? Cause I am ready for the season premiere. Ok here it is. Creatures of the Night sound scary? Yep it does. Ok I'll stop talking and get in with it.

Creatures of the Night (Part 1)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

I sat beside Scott on Stiles Jeep as they talked about houses for when they go to college. But since me and Liam are only Sophomores this year, we have two years until Senior year. So when we hit college we're getting our own place. But hopefully we'll still see the others.

"All right, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive." Stiles said looking at a map.

"What about Berkeley?" Scott asked looking at Stiles. "Don't a lot of students live around there?"

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But the Jeep would probably burn through to many of clutches." Stiles explained. I patted the Jeep. "Wouldn't want that, now would we?" I said like I was talking to a child.

"Hey, hands off my Jeep!" He scolded me, swatting at my hands.

"Hands off my Jeep!" I said in a mocking voice. "Trust me I love her as much as you do, so get over it!"

"Wait, you're bringing the Jeep?" Scott asked.

"You know the plan, okay. No one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan is perfect." Stiles explained.

"Or we could wait until we actually get into college and figure out where to live." Scott said and I agreed by nodding.

"I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." Stiles gripped.

"Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know." Stiles looked up at Scott who was looking at the full moon.

"You starting to feel it?" I asked. My powers weren't really strong yet. Apparently my powers don't start till I turn 16, which will be in a month. The next full moon, actually.

"No. Just thinking." He explained.

"About what?" Stiles asked.

"Senior year." He said looking at Stiles.

"Senior year, come on, thats, thats... That's nothing. That's gonna be easy." Stiles explained.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once. Ever hear regression to the mean?" He asked us.

"No, I don't think so." Stiles said.

"I have. My mom told me once before. Derek tells me all the time too. It means life can't ever be all bad or all good. Eventually things have to go back to normal or come back to the middle." I explained.

"Yeah, so, think about the last few months. Things have all need good, right? But not amazing." Scott said.

"Yeah, but no ones tried to kill us in the six months either." Stiles said which was highly true.

"Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip on way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again..." Scott looked up at the sky.

"Or really bad." I finished. The Lightning clapped through the sky.

"Think it's been long enough?" Stiles asked, referring to Liam, I think.

"Yes!" We turned around to look at Liam, who was chained to the tree behind us.

"Hey, trying to have an adult conversation over here." Stiles turned to me. "And you aren't helping." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Go play with your werewolf boyfriend." He shooed me away.

"I can't. He's chained to a tree." I said with a pouty face, showing my bottom lip.

"Well, then, go hid with him in the chains." He said making me groan.

"Fine." I scoffed, hoping off the jeep and walked over to Liam. I walked around to the other side of the tree and climbed it, right above his head. I started to play with hair as he talking to the two Seniors talking about college.

"Oh and you're two years older than us, by the way. And I'm fine. Just let me go." Liam pleaded.

Scott and Stiles walked over to us and Scott took out a key. "It's not that don't trust you." Scott said.

"It's not that I don't trust you." Stiles pitched in.

"But after that last full moon..." I said and Liam looked up at me. "It was one slip up." Liam looked at me then Scott.

"Slip up? A dozen calls to the Sheriffs Department about a 'monstrous dog-boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked'. That's a slip up." Stiles said and Scott looked at Liam weirdly. "Why were you naked?"

"It was really hot that night, okay." Liam defended himself. "Let me go."

"I'm sure glad I stayed at your house that night Scott." I said and Liam gave me a glare but then a smirk.

"It's not like you haven't seen it before." I face palmed myself.

"Oh, god. Didn't need to hear that." Stiles turned around covering his ears. Scott looked between the two of us. I pointed at Liam. "It was his idea."

"You sure you're okay?" Scott asked.

"It won't happen again." Liam said.

"You're in complete and total control?" Scott asked earning a nod from Liam.

"Yeah. Complete and total." Once the chains were off, Stiles put them in a bag. I stood from the tree and jumped down.

We got into the jeep and headed down the empty and oddly creepy road, but I guess that's what is usual in Beacon Hills. "Is it a party?" Liam questioned.

"It is not a party." Stiles said.

"Then what's at midnight?" Liam asked.

"Your bedtime." Stiles retorted.

"Why aren't you with the girl?" Liam asked looking at me.

"They're meeting us there. But, right after we drop you two off at the hospital." Stiles said answering for me. "And will you stop with the questions, all right."

"It's a Senior thing. you know when you're a Senior." Liam looked off and I rubbed his back.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm not going either. I'll come to your house and we'll have our own party." I looked at Stiles. "And Seniors aren't aloud." Liam smiled at me and kissed me on the lips.

"Hey! No sex in my Jeep!" Stiles complained and I blushed. "It was once, okay?" Stiles looked at me with a 'yeah, right' look.

"Fine, it was twice." Me and Liam blushed.

"You guys having trouble with your phones?" Scott asked, holds his phone. At that time, the Jeep stared to act funny. "Oh. What the hell?"

The headlights flickered and it came to a complete stop. "You out of gas?" Liam asked.

"No, it's electrical." Stiles paused, taking his seatbelt off. "Probably the alternator again." Him and Scott got out of the Jeep and opened the hood, leaving me and Liam in the back seat.

"Woah, that's a lot of duct tape." I heard Scott say. "Kidding. We'll fix it."

"I know, it's just the last night of summer, you know, so I wanted to make sure everyone was there tonight." Stiles said.

"We'll get there. Got any tools?" Scott asked. "Yeah." Stiles replied. I heard the tearing of duct tape so I just ignored it and got my phone out, which was acting up. Great.

"Wanna listen to music?" Liam offered me a earbud. "Sure." I took it out of his hand and was about to put it in when I heard a bolt of lighting sound like it hit to ground, making a sparky sound. Me and Liam looked at each other then out the back glass.

"Guys..." We turned back around and it did it again, only it was closer to the Jeep. "Guys!" I yelled.

"Yeah, give us a second please." Stiles said.

"Liam, Alyssa, stay in the car." Scott told us. We looked at each other and we heard another bolt hit the ground but it was in front of us.

I heard nothing. "Guys, you okay?" Then all of a sudden the Jeep turned on itself. "Guys?" I asked.

"We're okay." Liam got halfway out the window. "Can we go now?"

They closed the top and got in. Stiles started the Jeep and drove off.

We pulled up to get Malia. "Sorry we're late." Stiles said and Malia ran over and kissed him.

"I'm sorry too." Liam leaned up to look at her. I pulled at his hoddie jacket and he fell back in the seat.

"You boys do remember I own a gun, right?" Malia's father asked. Not Peter, her adopted, Mr. Tate.

"Vividly." Stiles answered. Her father walked off and Malia climbed in beside me, me being in the middle.

Scott and Stiles looked at her. "What?"

"Did you find out, yet?" Stiles asked.

"Find out what?" Me and Liam asked at the same time.

"They're gonna email me." Malia said.

"Is this about summer school?" Liam asked.

Malia looked at Stiles. "You told them?"

"Uh..." Liam cut him off.

"Oh, no, all they said was you had to go summer school cause the principal said your test scores weren't good enough and you might have to repeat Junior year." Liam explained. Malia looked straight at Stiles who looked straight at Liam. He then turned to Scott.

"We should have left him chained to the tree." Liam looked at the two of them. Uh oh.

We stopped at the hospital to drop me and Liam off with his stepdad. Liam tried to talk Scott into taking us to the party thing or whatever it was.

"My dads helping out in surgery. He's not gonna be done for hours. So we're either hanging out here or we could still go with you guys." Liam said.

Scott hit the bottom on the elevator to go down. "Show me your hands."

Liam looked around before showing them to us. My eyes widen. They were bloody and it looked like when he made a fist, the claws went through his hands. Ouch.

"Ok, so I'm still having trouble." Liam said.

"No. You're still learning. What do you do to stay focused on not changing?" Scott asked. Liam pulled his headphones up and showed Scott. "But it's not working."

"It's working enough." Scott said. He looked at me. "What about Alyssa, doesn't she help you?" I intertwined our finger together. "Yeah, but, I still feel out of control around her, like I can't handle being in the same room with losing control. It's not werewolf control, it's-" Liam said but Scott cut him off.

"Sexual control. Trust me, I know." Scott said.

"Really? How?" Liam asked.

"Well, I'm a werewolf, I can smell and feel it between the two of you, two, I had it once before." He said referring to Allison.

"Listen, Derek told me that you were one of the strongest that he had ever seen at your age." Scott said. "Now coming from him that means a lot." I said. The elevator dinged and the door opened.

"Maybe means that things are gonna be harder for you for a while but it also means something else, doesn't it?" Scott said walking into the elevator, holding it open.

"That I'm really strong?" Liam asked.

"Hell, yeah." Liam smiled and the door closed so we went at sat down, waiting for his stepdad.

"Why are you staying with me? Why not go over to Scott's house?" Liam asked, rubbing his thumb across my hand.

"Well, for one it's storming so I don't like to be alone in the dark and two I really wanna spend time with you." He smiled as I spoke. Thunder clapped again and the lights flickered causing me to jump a little. "Looks like it's gonna be a long night..."

Word Count: 1997

Haha that's three years before I was born!! How many 1997 baby's do we have here?

~~Rebecca

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.4K 27
**this is very old, and dies nit reflect my writing now ‼️ Tori Whittemore thought she had her life under control. She had great friends, a great ado...
41K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...
8K 224 24
Scott McCall has been a werewolf for a few months now, but his life hasn't really gotten any easier since he defeated Peter. His crush still doesn't...
127K 2.7K 54
( ON HOLD ) After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her...