Promise (Revali x Reader) (Re...

By mantafailure

(Y/N), the young prince(ss) and leader of the town of Zon'Hirith, has been chosen to be the fifth champion. O... More

A/N
🍃Vah-Windre🍃
🍃The Ceremony🍃
🍃Training🍃
🍃Music🍃
🍃I Won't Say🍃
🍃Not Outloud🍃
🍃Still Not Ready🍃
🍃Sleep Tight🍃
🍃Morning to Dawn🍃
🔥The Calamity🔥
⛈️Dark Ending: Spirits⛈️
FOR READERS OF THE OG
🍃Good Ending: Future and Past🍃
🍃A Bow and an Accordion🍃
🍃The Shore🍃
🍃The Bazaar🍃
🍃The Secret Stone🍃
A/N: Sorry for the wait
🍃Jealous🍃
🍃The Eye🍃
Help me with ideas pls

🍃Snowflakes🍃

57 1 1
By mantafailure

-Revali's POV-

"Alright! Is everyone here?" The princess asked.

It's been a few days since we got captured by the Yigas that night. We haven't had any encounters with them since... But I'm still slightly nervous of it all. The thought of the calamity coming back stronger horrified me...

"Hey, are you alright?" (Y/N) shook me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh, yes. I was just... lost in thought." I shrugged it off. I could feel Urbosa's and Daruk's eyes on me and (Y/N). It's impossible to get them off my back...

"Okay, now that we're all here," the princess started, "I just wanted to let you all know what our plan is!"

"We don't have much information about the Yiga Clan outside from what our folks from the future have told us... so, I have decided to send you champions to help with any phenomena around the kingdom! In the hopes to find more information of what the Yiga Clan have that can bring back the Calamity."

That's... a terrible plan.

"To summarize, just try to help anyone in need. And please, try to enjoy Snow Day!"

I totally forgot that was today. Such a stupid celebration... it's just snow! What's so special about snow covering the whole kingdom?!

The princess stepped down and joined the group of scientists that were rambling about something. I still don't know what's the deal with them...

"Well, I guess we should make the best of today, right?" Urbosa chimed in. Before I could walk away, the other champions grouped together, and I couldn't get out now without catching their attention.

"Yeah! I mean, back in Zon'hirith, we do have the Snow Building competition." (Y/N) smiled.

"Really? I surely thought that you would utilize the frozen lake around the ruins for ice skating like we do with the water in the domain." Mipha added. Oh don't tell me everyone's going to talk about their traditions on Snow Day...

"Us Gorons LOVE to roll down Death Mountain with all that snow covering the lava!" Daruk added, towering over all of us. At this point I wasn't even listening.

"So do we." Urbosa added. "Riding a sleigh down the natural mounts of snow is great for aim training."

A few seconds of silent went by as all the champions stared at me. "...what?"

"You're not gonna tell us what you do on Snow Day?" (Y/N) looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Why should I? It's a stupid celebration of love... people give each other gifts and flowers..." I grunted.

I don't think it was a good idea to mention that Snow Day for the Rito was a romantic celebration... Urbosa and Daruk looked at each other with a mischievous look.

"Revali, may we speak with you for a second?" Urbosa pulled me away before I could get a word in.

"This is your chance to win them over, little guy!" Daruk added.

"What are you talking about?" I still don't know how they managed to find out I liked (Y/N).

"Oh, don't play dumb." Urbosa chuckled. "You Ritos have many romantic traditions for snow day, right? It's the perfect time to finally get little (Y/N) to fall for you."

"Don't say such nonsense!" I tried walking away, but Daruk pulled me right back to them. "Wha- Hey!"

"Come on, Revali." Daruk patted me in the back. Well, hit me in the back... extremely hard. So hard in fact, I fell onto (Y/N).

"Woah!" (Y/N) luckily managed to catch me before we fell to the ground. "Are you okay, Revali?"

"Whoops." Daruk giggled slightly.

"Uhm... yes, I'm fine. It's just those two idiots." I am going to KILL THAT GORON IF HE DOES THAT AGAIN!

"Come on, don't get mad at Daruk! He's just... being himself, I guess?" (Y/N) shrugged. "Come on, let's go get some fresh air."

"Hm... whatever..." Was my anger really that noticeable?

Once outside, I explained to (Y/N) everything about them being onto us.

"Wait, really?"

"Yes... I still cannot get my mind over how someone as big as Daruk managed to go over my radar that night."

"Well, we were having a close moment, so... I don't blame you." (Y/N) sighed. "So..."

"So?"

"What is it you do in Snow Day?" (Y/N')'s face blushed bright red. I can't get over how cute they look right now...

"I already told you back there! Just stupid romantic stuff." I really cannot stand Snow Day. All those lovey dovey couples giving each other gifts and all that stuff... it sickens me.

"What kind of stupid romantic stuff?"

"Don't tell me you're into that..."

"Maybe, a little bit..." (Y/N) giggled slightly, their blush deepening. "B-But we don't have to do anything if you don't want to!"

"I... Hm." Maybe we could do something... I mean, it has been a rough week, and maybe we can unwind a bit? "You know what? I'm feeling kind today."

"Wait, really?"

"Yes, but hurry before I regret it."

"Oh, trust me, you won't regret this, birdie!" Before I knew it, (Y/N) pulled me away into a tight hug. With the cold atmosphere, it was kinda nice to have (Y/N)' warmth wrapped around me.

"Uhm... (Y/N)?" A voice appeared from behind us. "AH-" I jumped out of the hug.

"RAURU! Uhm.. hey!" (Y/N) said awkwardly. Great! Another person that knows!

"I was about to ask you if you wanted more information about secret stones, but... I see you're busy!" He chuckled.

"Perfect! Just. Perfect." I grunted.

"Uhm... I'll explain everything to Rauru." (Y/N) sighed. "Try to calm down a bit meanwhile, okay birdie?"

"DONT CALL ME NICKNAMES IN FRONT OF HIM!" This is too embarrassing to tolerate. "But... fine."

"Great. Gimmie five minutes!"

"And... that's it, I think."

"So you and Revali, huh?" Rauru smiled softly. "I had my suspicions from the way you looked at him while we talked..."

"Great way to be subtle, dummy." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, your secret is safe with me." Rauru added. "I'll make sure no one else finds out, alright? I know how it's like to have a secret relationship. Me and my wife, Sonia, used to sneak out to see each other when we were younger."

"Right..." I can't be interested in anything he's saying. "Well, (Y/N) and I were about to head put to Rito Village, so-"

"Oh! Of course. I'll leave you alone now." Finally, the other Zonai left, walking back to the castle.

"Finally... let's go." I pulled (Y/N) by the arm towards the path to Rito Village. If we're doing this, we're doing it the right way.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, (Y/N) spoke up.

"Almost everyone knows about us at this point, love." (Y/N) sighed, their ears drooped slightly.

"Not everyone!"

"Urbosa, Daruk, Rauru, maybe the Yigas cause they found us sleeping and cuddling-"

"Okay, I get it... but still!"

"Yeah yeah, you want us to still be together secretly and all." (Y/N) shrugged. "So... where were we?"

"Oh, the Snow Day stuff... right." I can't believe I'm actually going to spend Snow Day with someone this year. "If my memory doesn't fail me, which I know it doesn't, the first thing to do is... ugh... the flowers..."

"Flowers? Like a bouquet?" Their head tilted with curiosity

"Not any kind of bouquet... it has to 'represent' your partner." I still do not understand why we the Ritos do such romantic stuff on a random day...

"I don't expect you to be able to capture my essence with just simple old flowers."

"Well... I can still try." (Y/N) chuckled. "Be right back!" Before I could get a word in, (Y/N) rushed towards the wilderness around us. I should probably do the same...

An hour or two went by before we were both finished with the bouquets. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what to do for (Y/N)...

"Let's see how bad you did compared to me." I smirked smugly. I know I have the better one-

"Well, it's not much... but I hope you like it."

Their bouquet was made of various blue nightshades and white roses. The slight glow of the nightshades illuminated the entire bouquet. "I couldn't find anything green to match your eyes..."

"(Y/N), I..." I was honestly speechless. This was beautiful, in all honesty! The bouquet I made was better, of course, but... "I like it."

"Oh, thank goddess!" (Y/N) sighed in relief. "I was sure you would think it was dumb or something."

"It is... but so are you. And that's something that I love about you."

"Awww..."

"DONT 'AWW' ME, (Y/N)!" I grunted. "Whatever. Here are your dumb flowers." I almost threw the bouquet I made for them at their face, but decided against it.

"Are those... sundelions?"

"Because of how annoyingly bright you are... like the sun shining on your face."

(Y/N) looked at me in the eyes, their gorgeous colored eyes staring into mine. "I love it."

"I knew you would. What did you expect from me?"

"Heh, but I love you more, birdie." (Y/N) kissed me on the cheek quickly before getting back to walking. Great, now I'm blushing...

"Well... that's one off the list."

"What's next, my love?"

"I... well... uhm..."

"... you can't remember, can you?"

"Of course I can! I just... don't want to..." I couldn't think of a better alibi.

"Well, we'll figure it out when we get to the village." (Y/N) said before ruffling my feathers.

"HEY! DONT DO THAT! MY BRAIDS WILL GET TANGLED!"

"Oh nooooo. That's too bad! I guess you'll have to undo your braids for today?"

"... you did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Yes I did. You look way too handsome with your braids undone for you to just wear them all the time." (Y/N) nudged me playfully. "And anyways, I can always redo your braids at any time!"

"I suppose that's true... and I know I always look dashing."

"You sure do, birdie."

As we arrived at Rito Village, I tried to figure out what activity was next by looking around at the couples around us as we walked up to my hut.

A few couples were still doing the flower bouquet, while some were hanging white and blue flowers above the doorframe of each hut... wait...

"Oh my goddess. I forgot the kiss under the snow!"

At any point in the day, if a couple find themselves sitting under a pair of blue and white flowers, they must kiss. That's gonna be a problem... but I can handle it!

And thankfully, I figured out the next tradition. Many couples were flying high above the clouds together, going as high as they possibly could.

"Uhm... (Y/N), we might have a problem."

"Huh?"

"Look above you."

It took them a few seconds to understand the issue we had to face. "How are we gonna do that?!"

"No idea..." I said as we finally walked into my cabin. "I could carry you, I guess... but what if-"

Suddenly, it was all interrupted by the sound of thunder above us. "What was that?"

Another thunder landed on the ground nearby. All the Rito that were flying together flew back down to safety as a massive figure loomed above the clouds. The thunder seemed to be coming from it...

"Looks like we have work!" (Y/N) said as we both looked up at the looming figure. "Let's go, birdie."

"Get on." I crouched down slightly, readying a gale as (Y/N) climbed onto my back. "It looks pretty high up... are you sure you'll be alright?"

"I'll be fine!" (Y/N) waved their hand carelessly.

"Hmph... alright." And so, we took off. In just a few moments we were above the clouds. The temperature dropped significantly, but I didn't mind it. (Y/N) on the other hand...

"C-Crap... I didn't expect it to g-get this c-cold."

"It's too late to back down now, (Y/N)... can you hold on?"

"Y-Yeah, don't worry. I-Ill be fine."

As we approached the looming figure, it became clear it was some kind of airship... strange.

"LISTEN UP, STUPID BIRDS!" A familiarly annoying voice cooed. "Oh no, not them again."

"YOU BETTER BE READY, CAUSE MASTER KHOGA IS HERE!"

Well, this is gonna be quick. Hopefully quick enough so (Y/N) doesn't freeze to death.

Multiple thunders almost struck us as we made our way to the airship. Safely landing on solid ground, (Y/N) got off my back. "Holy Hylia... This is all Zonai tech!"

"What?"

"Those fans, the rockets... everything! This was stolen from the lab!"

"Oh great... another thing to worry about." I grunted. "Come on now, we have to-"

"AHA! THERE YOU ARE!" Somehow their voice sounded even more irritating this time. "NO ONE CAN HIDE FROM MY EYE!"

"There goes my plan..." I sighed, readying my bow.

"Let's do this quickly. I'm freezing my butt up here!" (Y/N) chuckled.

"Not so fast, idiots!" The Yiga leader snapped his fingers, causing multiple lighting around us. "You can't use metal weapons in here! Unless you want to get zapped, that is!"

Annoyingly enough, he was right. My bow started to sparkle slightly with electricity, meaning it was attracting a thunder. So did (Y/N)'s daggerang.

"Oh nooo, what will we do?" (Y/N) spoke with a familiar look on their face. They always do that look when they have an idea... usually a bad one.

"Oh no, you're doing the face.. you've got an idea, don't you?"

"I promise you this time it'll work."

"Yeah, like last time..." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it sure seems like we've been defeated!" (Y/N) shrugged. "Won't you tell us about your master plan to destroy Hyrule before killing us?"

What in the world do they think they're doing?! How is this a plan?!

"Ah, well of course!" Khoga started rambling on about whatever.

"What now, idiot?" I whispered

"Just give it a second..." As Khoga rambled on an on about how great his plan was, the Yiga swordsmen's weapons started to sparkle with electricity.

"Three, two, one..." And just like that, all of them were zapped off the ship in one blow. "And there you have it! Now can we please get out of here?"

"Your little fur tuffs are frozen... well, I'm sure the others will take care of the stolen stuff." Seeing (Y/N) shaking like that wasn't... nice, to say the least. I was seriously getting worried that they would freeze to death.

As soon as we got down from the airship and back into my cabin, I tried to warm (Y/N) up as quickly as I could. I didn't have many warm blankets, so I upped for a hug... they're always telling me how warm I am when we do that, so I'm sure this'll be fine.

Time flew by, and the moon was already shining above us a few minutes after we flew down.

"Well... I suppose we couldn't do all the snow day activities..."

"Zzzz..."

"Oh."

I looked up at my adorable little sleeping Zonai, still shaking a bit from the cold, but smiling slightly. They're so cute...

"HEY! IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT?" Daruk's voice echoed through the hut as he stood at the door.

"Huh- wha?" (Y/N) was shaken up by this, of course.

"DARUK! HAVENT YOU HEARD OF KNOCKING, YOU MORON?!"

"Oops... did I interrupt a personal moment?" He said with an overly dramatic look on their face.

"You did this on purpose..."

"Oh... hey Daruk..." (Y/N) rubbed their eyes, barely awake.

"Why are you two hugging, hm?" Urbosa joined the conversation out of nowhere. "Before you ask, we were sent to check if everything was alright."

"NOT. A. WORD." I looked at them angrily. "Poor (Y/N) almost froze to death and I'm just... warming them up."

"Yeah, I almost became a popsicle!" (Y/N) giggled sheepishly. Did their brain freeze or something...?

"Well... I suppose we should leave you alone." Urbosa shrugged, pulling Daruk along. "Oh, but before I forget... look above you." And with that, she left.

Above me? What did they do-

"Oh no..."

"What? It's just some pretty flowers!" (Y/N) chuckled. "Wait... it's the kissing thing, isn't it?"

"Crap. You actually remembered..."

"Well! Rules are rules!" (Y/N) slowly leaned in to kiss me playfully.

"WAIT (Y/N) NONONONO-" I couldn't complain for much longer before they planted a kiss right on my beak. Well... at least no one saw-

"You owe me 100 rupees." Urbosa chuckled, looking at us with Daruk.

"Aw man... Well, at least they did kiss!"

"GAH! GET OUT OF HERE!" I quickly shooed the duo away.

"Awww... why did you pull away?" (Y/N) pouted, their eyes half open.

"You know what?" I sighed. "I'll deal with them tomorrow... for now, I just wanna enjoy how adorably sleepy and dumb you are right now."

"Sleepy...? I'm not... yaaaawn... sleepy..." (Y/N) managed to blabber out before falling asleep again, leaning their head on top of mine.

"Hmph... why are they so tall?!"

A/N: 2660 WORDS OMG

also if it isnt obvious this is kinda like a christmas thing i had planned for the OG but repurposed for this one lol

I ALSO FINALLY BOUGHT AGE OF CALAMITY YAAAAAYYYYY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 720 12
Mirio x Tanaki Oneshots I'll try my best to check my grammar... Cover not by me.
23.7K 854 36
"What's that? Ooh, what IS that?" Well, it's a book. A book about a girl. A book about a monster with a conscience. A book about a friendly box and a...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
11.2K 343 24
Ever since you met him you felt a weird sense of familiarity towards him. And all of a sudden these recurring dreams you haven't had since you were a...