The Birlas' - BHAVANA

By man1sh0

This is Part - 3 of a story that takes off from where it ended in The Birlas' - PARINAMA. It traces the life... More

DISCLAIMER
INTRODUCING THE BIRLA CLAN
INTRODUCING OTHER MAJOR CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - A)
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - B)
Chapter - 2: True Friend (Part - A)
Chapter - 2 : True Friend (Part - B)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - A)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - B)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - A)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - B)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - A)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - B)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - A)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - B)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - A)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - B)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - A)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - B)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - A)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - B)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - A)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - B)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - A)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - B)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - A)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Motherly Concern (Part - A)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - C)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - B)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - A)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - B)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - A)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - B)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - A)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - B)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - A)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - B)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - A)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - B)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - A)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - B)
Chapter - 21: Poppy And Ru (PART - A)
Chapter - 21: Motherly Face - Off (Part - B)
Chapter - 22: Aradhna and Neil (Part - A)

Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - A)

260 33 20
By man1sh0

**************** AFTER A WEEK **************

The past week has been too happening for Roohi. She didn't get any time to take rest because she had so much to do. Ever since it was decided that she was going to take part in the show, time just flew by.

Everyone in the Birla Household were doing their bit to make her life easier but given how particular and how indecisive she was, all at the same time, made things very complicated for her. She was really testing everyone's patience and was inviting trouble.

Her Poppy convinced her Principal, to conduct her tests online and allow her to submit assignments over email. She was given a detailed description of the revised portion she was expected to complete and allotted specially designed assignments for her.

She had to give her exams online and the dates were a bit flexible. Instead of weekly tests, she would be asked to submit an assignment once in every week which would be an amalgamation of all the portion and subjects she was meant to study through the week.

Roohi hated the fact that she got her Poppy to discuss this. If she had the good fortune of coming there with her Chachu, he could have managed to save her from at least half of these things. But her Chachu was busy attuning some business-related things.

Even Roohi couldn't explicitly demand for his presence. Her father might get a hint of her motive and he would not appreciate that at all. Because her father believed that she got a lot of exception from the management already. It wasn't worth the risk. So, Roohi let things take their course.

Abhimanyu was provided with a list of contacts of lecturers who can help Roohi with her doubts through a call or video call. The entire school was made aware of Roohi's participation and the Cultural fest was postponed till Roohi resumes College.

The school management has been really supportive of Roohi's participation and Abhimanyu was so relieved that everything fell in place and Roohi had no option to chicken out. Roohi knew how her father would not compromise on a few things and this was one of them. But she was sure that he would make things as easy for her as possible and do everything he could to help her out.

After the meeting, Neil called her and teased her mercilessly. If not for her father's presence, Neil would have gotten better comebacks, but he was equally smart to tease her only in his Bhaiyya's presence. Roohi suddenly didn't mind not having him meet the Principal for this. She somehow didn't feel like trusting Neil with lessening her burden after the teasing session.

Roohi, for the first time, hated the fact that she couldn't beg Abhir to do some of her work. If she did, he would have obliged, keeping in mind the scenario. But the fact that he had his tournament and exams during the competition and how he would be away from their father, because of her, didn't let her push more.

Neil had completely taken over the negotiation part and as soon as he realized the expectations they were having from Roohi's audition were sky high, he decided to play hard to get. He outrightly rejected the entire terms and conditions list and made sure that the representative had to travel down to Udaipur to negotiate with him.

Neil made it very clear that no media outlet will be allowed to interact with Roohi without her consent, during or after the show. He refused to agree to the 6 months channel exclusivity clause and made it clear that their personal security will be present throughout the show.

He convinced the makers to allot them 2 suite rooms and made sure that Roohi shared room only with the family. Nothing that was inappropriate for Roohi's age will be expected out of her even as a part of drama, skit or performance if she wasn't comfortable with it.

Neil mentioned that Roohi will take the final call about her wardrobe and what goes on her social media. Because Neil didn't push for extra payment or financially heavy alterations, they obliged with a heavy heart. They didn't want to lose a contestant with such potential for some reservations. So, they gave in and thus the contract was signed.

Every single one in the family had only praises for Neil and his negotiation skills. Harsh even gave a party in Neil's honour. He was that happy with his son's skills and tactics. Harsh himself, is excellent in that field. He taught Neil well and some of it was to be credited to his genes as well.

Abhimanyu was a hard negotiator, but Neil was street smart too. No one can outsmart Abhimanyu at a personal level or matters related to ethics and manners but Neil excelled in using that ability in business by putting up a ruthless facade.

Manjari was busy instructing the servants about everything they needed to take care in her absence. She was going to stay with Roohi throughout the competition while the others planned on taking turns owing to prior commitments and obligations.

Manjari has gone to trips but never went away from the home for almost 2 months. They were planning for 2 months because they were sure of Roohi's talent and also by the interest the crew was taking in Roohi's preparations. So, the preparation on her end was huge.

Rohan was going to be famished with work because Abhimanyu will not be attending the Hospital regularly. He would only fly down in case of emergencies and immediately fly back. That was the plan for now.

Frankly, none of them would have been so worried if the entire thing didn't involve Akshara. But with her presence, it was imperative that they always surround Roohi and look out for her as much as possible, from all corners. Better safe than sorry.

They all knew that Abhimanyu had to be there with Roohi as much as he can because she will be needing her father's presence more than she thinks she will.

Especially when one of the parents is right in front of you and refusing to acknowledge you as their own, Roohi will need Abhimanyu to hold on to and be assured that she has her parent standing by her through thick and thin.

Her father's love can alone heal her heart that will get hurt by her mother's indifference.

The entire hospital and staff were ready to put in extra hours if needed to make up for their Chief's absence. That was such a sweet gesture on their part and Abhimanyu was overwhelmed. Anahita was going to take over the Administrator role for the entire Hospital while Rohan will try and manage the other branches as smoothly as possible.

Harsh had taken over most of the administrative burden upon himself allowing Rohan some much needed breathing space. Neil hired extra professionals to take care of the pending projects in his absence and took up a Mumbai project to make sure his Mumbai trip doesn't go waste from the Company's perspective.

This will also allow him to spend a lot of time in Mumbai without giving an impression that he was taking a break. At least to his staff and competitors. No one likes associating with a sleeping duck in his field. On the other hand, being ambitious sends all the right signals.

Aradhna was anyhow going to Mumbai to look after her other businesses, now that the Udaipur branch has been well accepted. She has postponed the work on her new venture which she was supposed to do in collaboration with Neil, keeping in mind Neil's priorities. She was indeed proving to be a great friend to Neil.

More like a close friend and confidant these days.

Aradhna was the one who referred some amazing designers for Roohi to collaborate with, for the show and Roohi genuinely liked Aradhna's taste. That came across a huge shock to everybody, especially Neil because all of them had enough of her when it came to the styling department.

Abhimanyu tried preponing the surgeries that allowed him the luxury and scheduled a few more in Mumbai with the help of a few contacts. That would save him some travelling time. He also decided to continue with his sessions through video call and the counsellor was kind enough to accommodate.

Abhir was the one who was going to bear most of the brunt because he couldn't miss College. He would really be missing his family the most in their absence. Also, he will have to deal with all the attention that he doesn't really appreciate, on his Di's behalf.

He was going to stay with Anahita and Rohan for a few days and they all will stay in Birla House whenever Rohan had to travel. It basically will be depending on their mood and convenience. Nothing was pre-decided.

Soha has convinced her parents to tag along with Abhir when he will be visiting Roohi at some point in the competition. Abhishek arranged for local security and also a few of them from the regular team were going to stay in Mumbai for smoother operations.

Abhishek was all set to travel with the Birlas when they will first start for Mumbai, to ensure that everything they thought of with respect to security is in place. They had all consciously decided to land in Mumbai a day prior to what was expected of them to just have some time to settle in.

Roohi took continuous classes with her Guru, Mrs. Avantika Diwan and took all the guidance she could from her. Mrs.Diwan promised her to always be available for her if she ever felt the need. Roohi couldn't have asked for more.

With all the plans in place, it was time for Roohi to get done with the packing. Her designer wear would directly be handed over to her in Mumbai because the designers were from Mumbai. Aradhna suggested to collaborate with Mumbai designers for convenience and transport purposes.

Roohi was extremely grateful for the fact that she need not plan too ahead in time and didn't have to worry about packing them, especially when she decided not to use the costumes given by the production.

Roohi was at it from the morning, but nothing seemed to be in place by lunch time. She then got told sternly by her father that if she failed to complete the packing by 5p.m., then he will take over and pack whatever he feels like packing for her.

That gave her enough motivation to hurry up and she was close to finishing up when the clock struck 6. A lot of hands were at work to make it happen, but Roohi did do a lot of it on her own because Abhimanyu had his gaze fixed on her. Everyone else chuckled at how only Abhimanyu could get her to cooperate so sweetly when it came to packing.

A small pooja was going to be organized to seek blessings for Roohi and her new journey after which the crew members will be arriving to shoot the Video Diary of Roohi. She had to also get a photoshoot done for the show. That photoshoot was a last-minute addition and the makers had to plead Neil to make it happen.

All of them were kind of getting worked up with the maker's extra interest in Roohi by now. She was the only one who managed to get the golden mike. They all attributed that interest to that fact because they didn't know any better.

The Birlas were blissfully unaware off everything that was being planned for Roohi by the creative team. They have been brutally reserved with the contract and its clauses but the guys in the showbiz had their ways to get their TRP.

The promo with Akshara and Roohi was released, and it had taken the internet by storm. Roohi was being supported by different sectors and Akshara's tone was being condemned by many, citing it to be discouraging towards new talent.

The makers have hit gold with the very first controversy that was served to them in a platter by the two ladies.

The crew wasn't very empathetic towards Akshara either because she had put them through a lot to come on board. Now that she was on board and served them the content they were looking for, they wouldn't mind exploiting it.

Akshara's followers were busy defending her words and actions while anti-Akshara fans found their new idol in Roohi. A lot of fan pages were opened for Roohi even before the episode aired. Roohi was overwhelmed by the response, but Neil stopped her from responding to the hype.

They made her social media presence a secret. It would be so at least until the first episode aired and they didn't want her going out there and interacting with people. She was too young to deal with all these extreme emotions.

Their love and hate can both be very extreme, and she had no business dealing with them with the competition nearing its launch.

Roohi hated being restricted from responding but that's something she promised to do when her family agreed to let her be on the show.

To Be Continued.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 6.9K 27
Dev and Mahi. Practically strangers to each other. Their mothers, not so much. They are the best friends. Both of their families are not less than a...
53.6K 3.2K 34
Love...isn't this word so beautiful. It holds the power to make you feel out of the world where you and and your love exist, but what happen when thi...
2.8M 58.2K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
106K 9.1K 45
Akshara Singhania, the girl born with golden spoon. A princess who has everything at her feet. Her brother's pampered princess. A business woman, wit...