๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๐“๐‡.

By -KENWRITESSOMETIMES

๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. More

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๐“๐‡.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.

fourteen.

670 43 2
By -KENWRITESSOMETIMES

𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐧. 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬
𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰.
-

"I'm sorry I haven't been around son, but here I am trying to make up for that lost time and show you that I really have changed as a person."

I listened to my high ass mother attempt to explain to me where she had been for the past seven months and why.

"Everybody has gotten so big. I'm sorry for not being here son but life happens." She shook her head, watching Eli play with his action figures.

After coming home from the rough loss of the basketball game, remembering that my mother was here was just the cherry on top to put me in a shittier mood than I was already in.

"When you plan on leaving again?" I asked dryly.

"Never. I'm here to stay this time. I wanna be a mother and it's my last year with you before you go off and become some big NBA star." She laughed.

"Well before you leave try to give me a heads up this time." I frowned before going in my room, closing and locking the door.

Normally after coming home I would have to figure out what the twins wanted, run bath water, or help somebody with their homework. But since she claimed she wanted to be a mother this go round I was leaving it up to her. Lord knows I didn't feel like doing it anyway.

I turned on my phone for the first time in hours seeing multiple texts from Kacie saying that I did well, not to let one loss defeat me and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

𝐜𝐢𝐜𝐢💗: im so proud of you. i know you probably defeated, i could tell just based on how you were looking lol. but its only the first game and one loss doesn't mean thats the way things are going to be. you did excellent tonight neno! #11

I went to text her back but I honestly had no idea what to say. It just felt like a big lie to me. I wasn't used to people telling me I did well but in reality, I didn't.

So for a while, the message that she sent was left on read.

𝐤𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐞 𝐣. 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰.
-

"I think I would be a great submission to Spelman college because.."

I sat in class deciding how I wanted to start off my college application essay for Spelman. It was a little late, but I still felt the need to do so. But here I was struggling with one of the things that I'm usually the greatest at. Writing.

I caught myself just staring at my computer then occasionally looking down at my phone to see if Neno had texted me back, which he hadn't. My message had been on read for an entire three days.

I knew that boys got mad when they lost but damn for three days? It was never that serious especially when he played well, it was the team that failed.

I had gotten to class early to work on my essay but I knew that in the next two or three minutes Neno would come strolling in, going about his life as if I hadn't been texting him for three days straight.

The bell rang and there he came. His headphones were over his ears and he wore a mug on his face, which was unusual since I always saw him smiling. He didn't look at me as he walked by either, he went straight to his seat that happened to be right next to me.

"Neno." I tapped his desk.

"Hm?" He pulled his headphones down and looked me directly in the eyes, with the same dry facial expression he had walked in with.

"You haven't replied to none of my texts or nothing."

"I been busy, my fault." He shrugged before tucking his bottom lip, pulling his headphones back over his head.

"Oh hell nah." I reached over and pulled his headphones back down. "I know you lost and may be upset but you don't need to take it out on me."

"I been going through some shit, Cici."

"So have I. We can help each other through that.. ain't that's what you're supposed to do in this kinda situation?"

"What kinda situation?"

He not finna make me say it.

"We're good friends and we both going through our respective issues and here I am, not acting cold towards you."

"This not just about that game. It's a lot of shit going at home, I'm tryna figure out what to do for college and shit—"

"You could've just said that instead of ghosting me and now I'm mad." I rolled my eyes and turned back to face the front of the classroom.

"Cici—"

"You can go back to what you were doing before which is not talking to me." I shrugged and looked back down at my computer.

I knew that losses were hard and that in life shit happens. I mean hell, if anybody knows that's it's literally me. My mother is at home dying and I still act like an outwardly good person.

I had no idea as to what Neno was going through and if I didn't know then I couldn't help. And since he refused to tell me then that's his business.

"Cici, we can talk later. Let me come over."

Should I do it chat?

Nah...

Fuck it imma do it.

"Be prepared to talk about any and all feelings cause that ghosting me shit had me ready to never talk to you again."

"I'm letting it all out in the open."

...

"So what's up?" I sat crisscrossed on my bed with my fluffy cover over me as Neno sat on the edge of the bed.

"I told you before that my mom's a crackhead right?"

"Yeah..."

"And you know the backstory of my granny and me raising the kids and how my mom disappears all the time then randomly pops up. So, last week she randomly popped up out of nowhere and calls herself trying to be a responsible mother now." He shrugged.

"And that's bad because?"

"It happened all the time when I was younger. She would come back, I would think she changed and fall into her trap then she would relapse and go off somewhere again as soon as I was getting use to her.."

He sighed before continuing, "And seeing the effect it has on my siblings hurts me because they're in the same boat that I was in. Thinking she's changed and getting used to having her around then she leaves again."

I wasn't good with consoling people. I never knew the right words to say but you could always tell that I genuinely cared.

"You want a hug?" I asked him and he just nodded before getting into my bed more, hugging me tightly for a long period of time.

"I feel so safe with you, Ci." He laughed, pulling away from the hug causing me to blush like a dumbass.

He feel safe with me yalllll.

"I'm sorry for not responding to you also. I'm not use to getting paragraphs after games saying that I did well even though I didn't."

"You did do good though. It was the team that failed."

"I have my own shit I needed to work on too. It wasn't a good game for any of us."

Ole humble ass.

"Now what's going on with you? You had an attitude in class that one day when you're usually jolly. And earlier you said you was going through something too so what's up?" He asked me while rubbing my thighs.

"My mom's cancer got worse and she's not expected to make it through the new year." I looked down, fiddling with my rings which was something I always did when I was nervous.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Cici."

"It's okay. I expected it since she wasn't getting her treatment but it still hurts," I shrugged. "I was always close with my mom up until now."

"What if some miracle shit happens?"

"She rejected her chemo it's too late now.."

"God can work in mysterious ways." He laughed before getting close to me again, kissing on my neck. "Both of us gone make it through this life shit. I'm sorry again."

"It's okay, Neenie." I smiled before I was met with a kiss.

I expected it to just be a little peck kiss like usual but he began to deepen it while caressing my thighs, causing me to pull away.

"Enough touchy touchy for you, pal." I tapped him.

"My fault," He raised his hands in defense with a slight laugh, moving over to place my pillow over his lap.

He trying to freak on me I am not going out like that.

...

𝐚/𝐧: this took me forever and ik it's ass but bare with me. and ik yall use to characters fucking by now but im tryna make this a lil realistic lol.

i also didn't know how to end this chapter but fuck it LMFAOOO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 226 17
-๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐›๐ž ๐๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  , ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ- ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐–๏ฟฝ...
213K 7K 32
๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ /หˆ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ค๐‚๐‡ษ™๐ซ๐/ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง; ๐œ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ค๐ž๐.
147K 3K 18
T๐š ๐š˜ ๐š๐šž๐š๐šŽ๐šœ, ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐™น๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š.
369K 13.9K 53
...โyour love is a one in a millionโž