๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๐“๐‡.

By -KENWRITESSOMETIMES

๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. More

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๐“๐‡.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.

thirteen.

830 56 4
By -KENWRITESSOMETIMES

𝐤𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐞 𝐣. 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰.
-

       My entire life I thought that I had everything all figured out. I was Kacie, of course I wanted to become a businesswoman. Of course, I wanted to go to Xavier to stay close to home. But it's like one situation can change your entire outlook on everything.

So here I was, in composition class researching the school that my mother went to and talked so highly upon.

Spelman. My mother went there and absolutely loved it. In her time there she pledged AKA and was extremely involved in the school.

I was having doubts on going to Xavier. I was unsure on if I ever even wanted to go there in the first place or if I was just settling. It was close, and I didn't want to be far when my mother passed.

But now that she was scheduled to pass before then I caught myself rethinking as terrible as it may sound.

"Kacie, close the Chromebook please." My composition teacher, Mr. Sims said to me causing me to roll my eyes before closing it.

"Somebody got an attitude today."

I stuck my middle finger up at Kha, "Fuck you."

"I love you too, KJ." He smiled and I just shook my head.

I was not in the mood for anybody. I shouldn't have even took my mad ass to school, let alone plan on going to a game after school but fuck it. I would put on my strong face like I always had to do.

"I got a gift for you, Cici." I heard Neno say from behind me. I turned around hoping that it wasn't some bullshit, laughing once I saw what it was. "What's funny?"

"You actually got it made for real." I laughed looking at the custom hoodie that he had in his hands.

It was a pink hoodie that had a gigantic number eleven on the front with a heart by it, then wording on the back that said 'Neno's Biggest Supporter' with his last name and number again on the back.

It was honestly really cute.

"I told you I was. Shit tough, ain't it?"

"It's cool." I laughed.

"You gone wear it or should I sell this shit to some groupie that'll wear it for twenty dollars?"

"Imma wear the shit, obviously." I rolled my eyes and playfully snatched it from out of his hands. "Thank you, Neenie."

"Neenie. Where the fuck that come from?"

"It just randomly slipped out. You like it or you want me to never say that bullshit again?"

"Nobody ever called me that shit. I fuck wit' it." He smiled showing off his new color braces and bands which were neon green before kissing me on the lips.

"Y'all niggas buying each other shit now and doing all this PDA. Ya'll ass locked in, huh?" Kha skeptically looked in between the two of us.

"The lock almost locked. Not quite yet." Neno chuckled. "In due time though. In due time."

Whatever the fuck that means.

"But nah, you cool for real? You always been a teacher's pet ass nigga so seeing you roll yo' eyes at Sims was weird." Neno asked me.

Whenever I was sad, my exterior vibe would give off irritated or bitchy. My sadness rubbed off as attitude when in reality I just wanted to go in a bathroom stall and cry.

"I'm cool it's just some family shit."

"You copying me now."

"We just so happen to be going through shit at the same time I guess." I shrugged, knowing that I had only copied his saying to be petty.

If he wouldn't open up then I wouldn't either.

"You know you can talk to me.."

"And I hope you know you can talk to me too. Cause somethings been bothering you too but you just won't say it. So until then, we just two cool motherfuckas." I crossed my arms.

"I'll tell you. In due time."

This time nigga and this due time shit.

...

    I sat in the gym watching the basketball players run up and down the court. It was third quarter and our team was currently losing. We hadn't scored in this quarter at all which was making me mad, especially since the coach had taken Neno out the game.

He would constantly take Neno out the game then put him back in when we desperately needed it. I could tell from the bench that he was pissed and so was I.

"Put number eleven back in!" I heard a person yell making me turn around and clap in agreement.

We had other good players on the team but in this quarter they just were not doing what was supposed to be done.

It was obvious the coach was trying to keep Neno humbled but fuck all that.

"Dude look pissed," Kha shook his head talking about Neno while wrapping his arm around Remi.

They were back cool or whatever.

The coach finally put Neno back in the game and he was able to score our first three pointer for this quarter. We were down by twelve so the game still wasn't over yet.

"This girl been staring at you the whole game." Remi leaned over Kha to whisper in my ear, motioning to some random girl behind me.

"All type of girls been looking at me crazy this whole game. It's this hoodie I got on but I don't give a flying fuck."

I was getting weird stares from the moment I had walked into the gym. Some girl had even asked me if I was dating Neno and I told her to mind her business because why does it matter?

I was slowly starting to see that Neno had a bit of a fanbase.

"Y'all loud as hell tryna' whisper ova' me and shit." Kha pushed Remi back into her seat and rolled his eyes.

I laughed before focusing my attention back onto the game seeing Neno began to look more and more frustrated as he ran up and down the court. It was looking like our team was ass when in reality we really weren't.

I don't know what was up with them today.

The game went on and eventually I started to disassociate. Thinking back on the conversation with my parents, realizing my mother won't make it to my graduation most likely, realizing that I based most of the decisions I made off of her.

It wasn't until the buzzer went off that I snapped back into reality.

"The games over already?" I frowned looking down at the court seeing that the other team was jumping around and celebrating but ours was looking sad as fuck.

45-37.

"Hell yeah. Wasn't the best game for real." Kha stood up and stretched out. "You gone go down and talk to yo' lil booskie?" He asked me.

A part of me wanted to but then another part of me figured that he wouldn't be in a very talkative mood being that they just lost.

I could see it all over his face even from the stands that he was disappointed in himself. So I decided on just texting him with reassuring words later rather than going down now and looking like some fanned out ass groupie.

"I'll catch him later." I stood up and straightened out my pants.

I looked down at the court one last time before walking out the gym, meeting eyes with him this time. He looked away quickly then walked to the locker room, causing me to frown.

Nigga paid me no mind whatsoever.

..

𝐚/𝐧: i hate this chapter , probably the worst one ever written for this book y'all cause writing the basketball game scene was so difficult.

anyways can i get some comments pleaseee damn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 101K 31
๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š. ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™š, ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š.
11.2K 296 24
'๐—‚๐—'๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—…๐—’ ๐—๐—Ž๐—†๐–บ๐—‡ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—†๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐–บ ๐–ฟ๐–พ๐— ๐—†๐—‚๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ๐—Œ, ๐–ป๐—Ž๐— ๐—‚ ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—‡'๐— ๐—…๐–พ๐— ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ ๐–พ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—†๐–พ.' ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—‚๐—€๐—‚...
610K 25K 52
"๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šœ๐šŽ ๐š–๐š’๐šก๐šŽ๐š ๐šœ๐š’๐š๐š—๐šŠ๐š•๐šœ, ๐š–๐š’๐šก๐šŽ๐š ๐šœ๐š’๐š๐š—๐šŠ๐š•๐šœ, ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข'๐š›๐šŽ ๐š”๐š’๐š•๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š–๐šŽ".
377K 22.2K 40
๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ..