The Princess's Unwanted Mate...

By AutumnShore1

Book 8 of the Regal Eclipse Pack Series. This book contains spoilers for the first 6 Books: Alpha King's Miss... More

A/N
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
A/N

1

1.3K 102 59
By AutumnShore1

The mating ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and well done. The couple stood underneath the brown gazebo together, smiling up at each other. The gazebo was covered in Wisteria and decorated with fairy lights.

There were fairy lights strung in the trees surrounding the clearing, and the Denali Pack was gathered to watch the auspicious occasion. The Beta's sister was now happily mated. And the after party could now commence.

Gabrielle Remington joined the well wishers who were surrounding the mated pair, waiting patiently for her chance to congratulate her friend. Her gaze flicked to the new Alpha. He'd taken over the position four months ago and was still unmated.

Alpha Axel was very good looking with his brown hair and green eyes. She'd felt his gaze on her more than once every time she visited her friend. He was kind to her, and always respectful.

"Gabby, thank you so much for coming," Tanya said, hugging her friend tightly.

"I wouldn't have missed it for anything," Gabby smiled, hugging her back.

She moved away from the couple, letting others greet them, as she followed the crowd over to the clearing where the party would begin.

Coming to a mating ceremony really hadn't been something she'd wanted to do, given her own situation, but it had been better than going home. Though tomorrow, she wouldn't have a choice. She'd have to return there.

"Princess, how are you this fine evening?"

She turned to see Alpha Axel standing not too far from her and she smiled at him as he bowed his head to her. "I'm fine, Alpha. How are you?"

"Better now," he said, approaching her.

Her gaze swept over him, taking in his muscled arms and chest. He was a fine looking man, but she had no interest. "Thank you for allowing me to attend."

"Like I could say no to you," he said as he stepped up behind her in the line for the food.

She moved along the line, aware of his eyes on her, and grabbed a plate. He didn't make her uncomfortable though.

"So are you finished with school now?" He asked, much closer than she'd realized, as he grabbed a plate as well.

"I am." She glanced back at him. "I'm going home tomorrow."

"Still not mated," he said softly.

Her heart clenched at his words. "No." She finished making her plate, then turned and looked for a place to sit.

"Come sit with me," he invited.

Gabby looked at him and nodded. He was interested, she realized, though she wasn't sure if it was in her or her title. She followed him over to a table and sat down across from him.

"Are you expecting to mate an Alpha?" Axel asked her, looking her over.

No I expected to mate a human. "Whoever. I'm in no rush," she said.

"I'd think you'd want to find your mate soon. I'm thinking of taking a chosen mate myself," Axle admitted, looking down at his plate.

"Why?" She was curious on that. She couldn't understand why anyone would want to take a chosen mate, but she knew her own nephew almost had. But it hadn't worked out, and he was now with his fated.

"Im twenty-five and I need a Luna and an heir or two. I don't want to wait much longer," he said.

"Have you chosen the lucky woman?" The moment it was out of her mouth, she wished she could take it back.

"Perhaps," he said, his gaze on her. He suddenly stood. "Would you go for a walk with me?"

She nodded, a bit reluctantly. She could already see where this was going, but she wouldn't be rude to him. Not when he'd been nothing but kind to her. She stood and followed him up to a path, where he slowed down so she could walk beside him.

He didn't say much at first, as they walked along, and Gabby remained on her guard with him. He brought her out to a small clearing over a lake and walked over to a bench, sitting down. She sat down next to him.

"How set are you on waiting for your fated?" He asked, turning to look at her.

She didn't want to answer that question. "I intend to."

He leaned in and to her surprise, kissed her. His lips were soft, and pressed against hers gently, his kiss not unpleasant.

She wanted to pull back immediately, but forced herself not to. He wasn't her mate, and she wasn't the least bit interested in him.

"Gabrielle, you are a beautiful woman, and I would like to take you as my chosen," he murmured against her lips.

She stared up at him, not completely surprised by his request. She briefly considered it. It would get her out of her current situation, and break the bond that really hadn't connected her yet to her fated. He would never know. And she wouldn't have to go through the rejection.

But could she see herself mated to an Alpha? Could she see herself mating him night after night? She'd have to give up her pack, and her immortality for him, because he wasn't likely to give up his position as Alpha for her. She had a feeling he just wanted her for her title and the fact that their pups would be half Remington.

"I'm sorry, Alpha Axel. While I appreciate your generous offer, I would prefer to wait for my fated." Not really, but I don't know what you really want from me.

He frowned at her. "You don't want to be a Luna?"

"Like I said, I'd prefer to wait for my fated. Nothing against you at all, you're just not my fate," she said, trying to soothe him a bit. She didn't like to be put in a position where she was forced to offend him. Not that it really mattered. She was higher ranking and much more powerful than he was, whether he had wrapped his head around that fact or not.

"I understand."

She doubted it, and wondered how many times a woman had turned him down. Probably not many.

"The offer still stands though. If you change your mind, you know where to find me," he said, giving her a smile.

Not likely. If she did choose to take a chosen mate, it wouldn't be an Alpha. "I appreciate that. Now if you'll excuse me,  I have an early flight in the morning." Another lie, but she needed an excuse to get away from him. The plane left when she was ready for it to.

"I'll walk you back to the pack house," he offered. "You never know what's out here in the woods."

She glanced at him through her lashes but nodded. He'd better know what was out here, and frankly, if it was bad enough to take her down, he'd better run for the hills. She'd be protecting him, not the other way around. She stood, and so did he and they walked back towards the pack house.

"Like I said, I appreciate you coming," he said, holding the door open for her.

"I appreciate you having me." She smiled at him.

"I can make your visit more enjoyable, Princess," he said softly, leaning closer to her.

Was he offering what she thought he was? She stared up at him for a moment, her lips parted as she tried to wrap her head around what he was saying.

"It'll be a nice end to the night," he said softly, and leaned forward to kiss her again.

Gabby immediately pulled back. "No thank you, Alpha. You have a good night." She walked into her room and shut the door in his face. So much for not bruising his ego.

She couldn't though. She'd feel like she was cheating, and she hated that she felt that way because she knew he cheated on her. Not that he knew he was, but still.  She just couldn't bring herself to do it.

She'd been tempted to, in her angrier moments, but she hadn't. She was still a virgin for some stupid reason. For a brief moment, she thought about opening the door and inviting Axel in. She supposed if she was going to cheat, Axel wouldn't be a bad choice.

She quickly undressed and pulled on her night shirt, then crawled into bed. She'd dream about him again tonight, and it irritated her to no end. If she had her way, she wouldn't sleep at all, but unfortunately, she needed it.

She snuggled down into the blankets, and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep quickly.

He was there like always, standing there watching her approach him. "I don't want a mate," he said, and turned around and walked away.

She woke suddenly and sighed as her heart ached. She had to end this and soon. She couldn't take much more. For a brief moment, she thought again about taking Axle up on his offer, just so he could mark her and end her heartache.

'No!' Reese protested in her head. 'He's not Mate.'

She sighed. And she had no interest in him whatsoever. She'd go home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 12K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
3.2M 92.3K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
88.8K 6.3K 63
Book 6 of The Regal Eclipse Pack Series This book contains spoilers for Alpha King's Missing Mate (Book 1) The Alpha King's Slave (Book 2) The Beta's...
62.2K 1.5K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...