The Deadly Whisper | | Natash...

By __Nats_Widow_bite__

An enemies to lovers story between y/n and Natasha Romanoff I won't say too much you will find out when you r... More

~Chapter one~
~Chapter two~
~Chapter three~
~Chapter four~
~Chapter five~
~Chapter six~
~Chapter seven~
~Chapter eight~
~Chapter nine~
~Chapter ten~
~Chapter eleven~
~Chapter twelve~
~Chapter thirteen~
~Chapter fourteen~
~Chapter fifteen~
~Chapter sixteen~
~Chapter seventeen~
~Chapter eightteen~
~Chapter nineteen~
~Chapter twenty~
~Chapter twenty-one~
~Chapter twenty-two~
~Chapter twenty-four~
~Chapter twenty-five~
~Chapter twenty-six~
~Chapter twenty-seven~

~Chapter twenty-three~

244 10 0
By __Nats_Widow_bite__

TW: -

Y/n POV:
A few had passed since I ran away with my sister. We hid in my small cottage in the woods, and I nursed her wounds as well as some small cuts of my own. Maya wasn't really talking to me since we arrived. She just kept to herself, but at least she didn't try to fight me. I felt bad leaving Natasha behind like that after she helped with every step to find Maya, but there was something else. I just can't find out what. I've been thinking about Natasha in some way I never thought about someone else. We hated each other, but somehow, I felt safe with her. I've been having these dreams or memories, I don't know what to call them, and it was always the same. Nat kissed me in that base, thinking I was going to die. But like she said, i must have been hallucinating.

"Y/n." i heard a voice behind me and turned around. Maya stood there at the bottom of the stairs and looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite read. "Yes?", "When can i go? I have stuff to do." she spoke, her voice laced with impatience. I chuckled shortly, looking at her as if she was joking, but she was deadly serious. "You can't go. Not until i figured a way out to stop that brain control you're under." i said coldly. If she knew how much my emotions were involved in this, she could use it against me. I turned back around and heard as she huffed before i heard slow steps going up the stairs.

"I will come up later to look at your wounds." i yelled after her. "Go to hell!"

°

°

°

°

Nat POV:
I was sitting in the armchair beside my balcony and looked outside, staring at the stars as I thought. I was thinking about everything that happened in the past few months since y/n was on the team. The way my feelings became so strange, I started feeling something I never really did, not this strong. I thought about how she just left me behind after I helped her with every step of finding her sister. How I thought I was going to lose her in that base of Hydra and acted without thinking about it. In fear, i would never see her again. How i felt the need to protect her at all costs and how I felt so strangely safe with her. I knew it couldn't be love or something like that. We hate each other, or do we?

"Nat? Do you wanna come down for dinner?" i heard Wanda call out through the door after she knocked. With a sigh, i got up from the armchair and pulled a hoodie over my shirt before I walked to the door and pulled it open, seeing Wanda standing there with a small smile. My features softened as I looked at the young witch. She was like a sister to me. Swinging an arm around her shoulders, I closed my door, and we made our way into the kitchen.

Everyone got seated and started to pass the food around, I wasn't that hungry, so I ate some salad along with some baguette. After some time of eating together and talking, everyone around the table became quiet, so I looked up from my plate. "Nat, Wanda, we're sorry." Tony started, and Steve nodded, both looking sincererly sorry. I put my glass down back on the table and looked at every one of them. I saw how pepper looked proud that her husband was able to get over his ego. Clint also looked proud as he looked at tony. Bucky and Peter looked truly sad, y/n had become an important person for them and now she thinks we want to betray her. Wanda didn't say anything. She just observed, and Sam looked down at his plate. Bruce and Thor were nowhere to be found and Vision only looked at Wanda. "I know, and I understand that you were angry. I forgive you, but we have to approach this in another way. Y/n loves her sister more than anything else and I know for a fact that right now, she is trying to find a way to get her sister back." I explained. Everyone nodded as they accepted to do it my way. "Also, tony," i spoke up once again, making him look up from his wine. "If you ever speak to me like that again, I will rip out your tongue." i said as I raised my glass to my lips. Everyone laughed, but Tony looked truly terrified as he nodded at me.

The following days were spent trying to find any trace of y/n and maya. The team worked together as we did this my way. Wanda was trying to find y/n by talking to her with her telepathy. But right now, we had no trace. We continued our search until the late evening hours, and then we decided to call it a night. "Alright, everyone. Let's call it a night. We've been working the whole day." Steve spoke tiredly, and everyone agreed. We said good night, and everyone made their way to their room. I did my night routine before I jumped into bed and got comfortable under the covers. I felt myself drift off to sleep when suddenly there was a random thought in my head, which made me sit up straight immediately.

°

°

°

°

Y/n POV:
It was the middle of the night, I tried sleeping, but it didn't work, so I was sitting at the riverbank of the lake in front of my cottage. It was a small lake, but it was beautiful, I watched the stars as I felt a cold breeze brush over my skin, giving me goosebumps. I breathed out and watched as the small cloud from my breath disappeared in the air. I shivered a bit as I was getting very cold at night, but yet I was feeling peaceful as I sat here. I listened as an owl sang and the leaves flew around in the wind. It was peaceful, until I heard a stick cracking behind me and when I turned my head I saw maya, her eyes glowing red as she stood there. I didn't know what her next move was, nor could I move. I felt the fear inside me build up. I managed to get to my feet, but I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to fight my little sister, not again. I felt my heart sink as I thought about the fact that the antidotes I made these past few days had no reaction to her, she was still the same and it broke my heart that the Avengers had now every right to kill her.

"Maya... please don't do this. You can live with me and the Avengers! You can become a part of them!" i tried reasoning, but it was as if she had already made up her mind. I watched as she walked towards me, her dagger raised, ready to strike. I felt the tears sting in my eyes as I looked at her, shaking my head and begging her to stop. "The Avengers are my mission. Now you are too." she said in a dangerously low tone before she swung her arm with the dagger. Suddenly, i felt my body jump to action, I grabbed her by her shoulders and turned us around before I kicked her in the stomach, making her fall into the water. Breathing heavily, I looked down at the water one last time before I started running towards the cottage. I had a phone for emergencies that I could contact Wanda with but also my weapons in a safe. But what I didn't know was that I wouldn't make it to the cottage. I suddenly felt a strong hand grab me by the back of my neck and yank me backward. I landed with a thud and felt the gravel under my back as I coughed. It was that moment when I realized there was no way I would survive this night. She was too strong, even for any antidote and all my weapons were inside the cottage.

I laid there on the cold ground, trying to catch my breath before I felt a boot on my ribs. "Get up and fight, you coward!" she demanded. I remained still, thinking that maybe I deserved this, I did so much bad and hurt so many people. My ledger is gushing red, I'm no better than all the things I called Natasha. I laid there just letting it happen, I felt every kick, every punch I felt her rage. But suddenly, it stopped. "You're here for the big show? Don't worry, you'll be the next." Maya chuckled. Who was she talking to? I couldn't build up the strength to turn my head around and see who it was. From the corner of my eye, I saw how Maya raised her gun to my head, a wicked grin on her face as her eyes showed nothing but contempt. Her finger was teasing the trigger and I knew in only a few seconds it would all be over for good. I closed my eyes in anticipation but the shot never came. Instead, I heard some fighting and after a few seconds, they came into my sight. Natasha was fighting Maya. But there was another person, I felt a pair of hands on my head as they gently cupped my face.

"Y/n please, you have to get up, okay? We need your help." it was Wanda, I saw it when I looked into her eyes. They were filled with so much concern but also love. I could hear her talking but couldn't make out what it was. I turned my head again and saw as Natasha and Maya were still fighting, but this time they were very close to the lake. I felt my fingers twitch as concern build up inside of me. I tried speaking but I couldn't. But then I saw how Maya pushed Natasha into the lake, Maya still on top of her as she pushed her down. She is going to drown! Something inside me snapped. "no...No...NO NATALIA!" I screamed as I jumped to my feet, I tripped but contied running and without a second thought, I jumped into the lake, I gasped, feeling the ice cold water on my skin before I looked around franctically. My sight was blurred, but I could still see the wave of red from Natasha's hair. I swam as fast as my body allowed and started praying internally.

I grabbed Natasha's arm and saw she was already losing consciousness. Maya had pushed her down in the water, obviously trying to drown her, I had to swim up fast cause now I felt it too. I was becoming lightheaded from the lack of oxygen. I tried swimming up as fast as I could, but Maya pulled me back down. She got a hold of my leg and was pulling with all her strength. I tried kicking her to get away and after a few tries it worked. I was trying to swim up again but felt myself slowly drifting away. Suddenly, there were some red slings around us and we were being lifted over the water surface. We landed gently on the gravel and I started coughing as I gasped for air. But something was not right. I was the only one gasping for air. I looked to my left and saw Natasha laying there, not moving, or breathing. "No." i breathed out and saw Wanda running towards us from the riverbank. I tried getting onto my feet but there was no chance so I started crawling as fast as I could, I made my way over to Natasha and looked at her as I felt myself starting to cry. Her eyes were closed and her lips blue as her chest wasn't raising one bit. "No, please!" I cried as I got on my knees. I started massaging her chest, trying to resuscitat her. I cried and begged for her to open her eyes to get up. In front of me was Wanda, who was also crying and trying to wake Nat with her magic. I continued for quite some time, Wanda was already trying to stop me, thinking she was gone, but I didn't let her. Natasha was not going to die today! Not on my watch!

I started to give her mouth to mouth resuscitation, trying anything to help her. I saw how Wanda jumped up and started running towards something but I wasn't really paying attention as I tried bringing Natasha back to life. I started to get impatient and cried as I just started hitting her chest with my bare fists. After a few hits, I saw how her head turned to the site and she started coughing violently. Her eyes opened and she looked at me with shock written all over her face. I sighed in relief as I sat back, Natasha sat up too and looked at me for a moment before her lips started moving. "Why did you save me?" she asked shocked, still coughing and gasping for air. And in that moment, I realized, I had let my walls down for her, I wasn't the bitch I was when Nat and I first met. I cared about her and thought about her first when I jumped into the water. "I-I don't know..."

It was a moment of silence between us when suddenly i heard Wanda talking to someone. I turned around and watched as Wanda stood in front of Maya, her eyes were red as she tried not to cry but her magic was up, ready to strike. "Oh sweet little Wanda, so vulnerable." I heard maya mock. Breathing heavily, i tried to stand up, Nastaha tried too, but i told her to stay down. She tapped me on my leg before I could go and handed me her gun with a look of worry on her face. I took the gun and stood up, walking over so I was stood behind maya.

I watched as Wanda had an internal fight. She wanted to do something but she stopped herself as the tears rolled down her cheeks. "Wanda, wanda, wanda...you know y/n would never forgive you for killing her sister." Maya laughed. I was crying hard knowing that I tried everything I could. "That's why I'm doing it myself."

hellooo readers, i hope you liked this chapter and had as much fun reading as I had writing it. Let me know in the comments:) other than that, stay safe friends <3
24/03/24
2447 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 31 16
One girl One assassin One job One team One love Two lovers Will it work? ~Maybe, Probably, Yes
4.5K 295 50
She drives me insane. I love her, so much, but she doesn't think things through. She talks about a big family and a forever but there can't be a fore...
41.2K 1.1K 40
Y/n (she/her, bi) and her adventures with the Avengers. Mostly gxg relationships unless requested otherwise.
116K 3.7K 68
Some short stories about Natasha Romanoff and Wanda Maximoff. I do not own any of these characters. Private message me for any suggestions or reques...