Icebound Hearts

By pixwrites111

When two rival hearts tangle themselves in one another, when push comes to shove and sacrifices have to be ma... More

Intro + Character aesthetics
Playlist💫
Dedication
1 : A moment
2 : The senior card
3 : Delusional
4 : Blonde sensation
5 : She's a dream
6 : Chocolate milkshake
7 : The Encounter
8 : I Break
9 : The Cheerleader
10 : The cowgirl and The playboy bunny
11 : Maneater
12 : Stupid Gods
13 : Just us
14 : The pink goo
15 : The ex boyfriend
16: Yeah, Okay
17 : The "date"
18 : Mario kart and an almost kiss
19 : Hectic Dinners
20 : The Unwelcome Feeling
21 : Yes
22 : Spicy Times
23 : Never
24 : The Rink
25 : Ray Of Sunshine
26 : Haunted
27 : Broken Birthday Boy
29 : My fucked up boyfriend
30: Ride or Die
31 : Double Dates
32 : L O V E
33 : Introductions and Confrontations
34 : Invitations
35 : The call
36 : My found family
37 : Walk away with my heart
38 : Lovesick
39 : Pain
40 : August
41 : Universes Apart
42 : Strength
Character board
43 : The letter
44 : Tears and Reunions
Epilogue
!NEW BOOK!

28 : My Secret

3.1K 51 1
By pixwrites111

"I can't say hello to you and risk another goodbye."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

"You actual asshole. Where the fuck you been?!" Archie curses at me before engulfing me in a hug as I approach their table after my shift.

"You look hungover" I grimace when I look at the rest of the guys who are sporting deep eye bags and chapped lips.

"Hey!" Gracie says when I enter the booth sitting next to Archie and Joey ,wrapped up in her boyfriends arms Gracie smiles at me across the booth blowing me a kiss.

"Genuinely Lizard, where ya been?" JJ asks from opposite me raising an eyebrow,

"Here and there" I shrug,

With your rival schools captain.

If I'm not at the diner or at class or home studying I'm with Luke, his sister left a week ago after his birthday and his mood has changed, in a bad way.

He still smiles at me, calls me beautiful, laughs with me, on the outside he looks the same but he isn't and it terrifies me.

"Yeah well you could spend some more time here with us" JJ says amusement taking over his face as he glares at me,

Archie hangs a stiff arm over my shoulders as conversation continues on the table.

"-his stats. Crazy good. Beckett is bringing game this season, three less fights on ice than last year so far" the mention of my boyfriend causes my ears to perk up, calming myself down I slouch back into the seat trying to act chalant.

Archie however notices my face and gives me an eyebrow raise along with a nudge,

"Anyone know where he wants to be drafted, probably a rich ass-"

"Vipers" I answer naturally, fiddling with my fingers. The table goes deathly silent, a pin could drop and you would hear it.

Looking up from my lap my eyes widen with the realisation of what I've just said, all of the guys stare at me with equally as wide eyes.

Even Gracie and Logan have detangled themselves from one another with jaws on the floor looking at me .

"Uh-you know, I saw it on an article" I lie, not mentioning the Vancouver vipers poster under his bed that I made fun of once.

"Nice to hear you're searching me up Myers." I wince at the sound of the familiar voice behind me, all heads turn to look at the source immediately glaring at it.

I turn around last locking eyes with Luke who gives me a wink, I feel a pink tint creep onto my cheeks as I bite back a smile.

"Back up" Joey warns getting out of his seat next to me, instead of my boyfriend doing what he's told he takes a step forward an amused smile covering his face.

Wyatt and two other guys I don't know stand cautiously behind Luke ready to help him, I catch sight of Eli and a few other guys on his team by the counter at the front flirting with one of the freshman.

"I mean it Beckett back the fuck up and go home." Joey drawls fisting his hand, Luke pays no attention to him his eyes locked on mine. I give him an expression to say 'what're you doing?are you crazy?!'

"Chill out" Luke chuckles bringing his hands up in a surrender pose,

"West. Owen's " Luke says nodding in acknowledgment to the couple snuggling each other his eyes scanning the table once more, his eyes get to mine once more a smile tugging on his lips.

"Lizzie" he smiles not knowing he has the key to my heart,

"You're full of shit-" Joey continues cursing at him as I feel a cold hand rub my shoulders pushing me back.

"I'm going to help him out, don't get out" Archie whispers in my ear, before I have a chance to protest he's shuffling around me and walking next to Joey.

I turn back to look at Luke who seems oblivious to the swears he is endearing right now, his eyes are instead trained to the spot on my shoulder where Archie's touch was.

His downcast eyes land on mine and my heart starts beating faster as I stare at his face, his sharp jawline, short messy hair, perfect face.

Before I can blink Joey lands a punch to the side of Luke's face making him stumble back a few steps as I flinch, an detached smile forms on Luke's face.

Joey takes the bait punching him again and I can't help myself from standing up and making my way towards them but someone pulls my hand back forcing me to stay back.

Luke doesn't fight back just stands there with a detached smile, his lip and nose bleeding with harsh red.

"JOEY STOP IT!" I shout struggling against the restraint of a hand on my wrist as Joey punches him again, having seen enough blood come from the man I'm falling for I resort to my last option.

"LOGAN I SWEAR TO GOD STOP HIM!" I shout blurry eyes, Logan looks me over with a questioning gaze before getting up and shoving Joey off.

People talk, Wyatt nods at me as he helps Luke up, Logan apologises, Jen comes out, my team is getting up, Luke is staring at me with remorse, Gracie pulls me along,

and I'm left with the overwhelming urge to run back inside the diner into the arms of Luke Beckett.

For him to tell me that he's okay, that we will be okay, that everything will work out.

When I finally start to peace my mind back together with reality Logan walks aligned next to me, his girlfriend up ahead with the others laughing at something JJ said.

"Something you want to say Liz" he says my steps slightly faltering compared to his long strides.

"No?" I lie looking straight ahead.

"What happened back there? Why you were so worked up?"

"I didn't want to get fired from having a fight under my supervision." The lie slips out,

"Look Liz-" he stops us putting his hands on my shoulder so I face him -"I knew him then, I know him now." He breathes out a harsh breath.

I was aware that Logan and Luke went to high school together since Gracie told me last year, the only thing I didn't seem to get was what happened to them, they never acted like they knew each other instead they ignored each other most of the time.

"But that's a lie isn't it, you didn't truly know him then and you sure as hell don't know him now. I'm not one of your guys Logan, I'm not following your orders" I shout rage fuelling my voice.

"No you're not. You're my girlfriends best friend, you're my friend Liz. I just-ugh, he's not reliable, he's got major plans to go halfway across the country and you'll be here-"

"You're not my Dad either so stop telling me what to do"

"Im just trying to warn you."

I get where his worry comes from, I truly do. But I'm not in the mood to talk about Luke right now not when I've been such a shitty girlfriend by leaving him in the diner with a bleeding face.

"Not about the other part?" I say lighthearted as we continue trailing after everyone,

"Oh yeah-" he clears his throat before continuing -"his my rival captain and the rival school don't go anywhere near him" Logan says in a deep voice laughing to himself as he gently shoves me.

"Don't tell anyone."

"Lizzie-"

"I get you want to tell Gracie but please. I don't want anyone to know, the team will go rage and I'll have to make a decision so please. I can't pick Logan, I can't." My voice cracks at the thought of losing either my found family or Luke.

"Fine." He sighs and I let out a breath of relief.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

GUYS IM SO SORRY I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THE CHAPTER AFTER THIS MID WAY WORKING IT

IF ANYONE SAW IT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, LETS FORGET ABOUT IT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 951 26
Sophia Wilson has always been in love of reading even thought of becoming a writer of how much she reads. Sophia's family has always moved from city...
2.8M 69K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...
5.9K 127 37
With her nose in books and his brawn getting him nowhere on or off the ice, they find themselves drawn together, sharing their baggage and behaving b...
23.4K 354 15
"Got a boy back home in Michigan and it tastes like Jack when I'm kissing him." 'study buddies' can mean a bunch of different things. especially if y...