Uns Ki Mohabbat : Heartstrings

By fictionalwriter13

As I listened to her, I realized she loved talking to herself about me. The way she insulted me, no one had e... More

Prologue
Characters
Family
Chapter : 1 - Her Red Scarf
Chapter : 2 - His Mehbooba
Chapter : 3 - Wahin Aankhen
Chapter : 4 - Her Stalker
Chapter : 5 - Intezaar
Chapter : 6 - Mulaqaat
Chapter : 7 - Crazy For Her
Chapter : 8 - Pinch of Flirtiness
Chapter : 10 - Mohabbat Ka Izhaar
Chapter : 11 - Red Like Tomatoes
Chapter : 12 - Nafrat
Chapter : 13 - Admiration
Chapter : 14 - Sukoon
Chapter : 15 - Nader Mansion Visit
Chapter: 16 - Dream or Reality
Chapter : 17 - Uns winning Abbu's heart
Chapter : 18 - Facing Fears
Chapter : 19 - You're here too?
Chapter : 20 - He Blushes?
Chater : 21 - Mujhe meri mohabbat dede
Chapter : 22 - Woh behad khubsurat tih.
Chapter : 23 - Behpanah Mohabbat
Chapter : 24 - Yeh izhaare mohabbat hai?
Chapter : 25 - Sweetheart!
Chapter : 26 - Sweet khane ki farmaish
Chapter : 27 - Parwaah hai, inhe meri?
Chapter : 28 - Kya mai, napaak hoon?
Chapter : 29 - Yaah Allah, uski hifazat karna.
Chapter : 30 - Baarish
Chapter : 31 - Astaqfirulla, where's the door?
Chapter : 32 - Bas, mohabbat hogayi tih tumse.
Chapter : 33 - Bas, mohabbat hein toh ki tih.
Chapter : 34 - Maybe she left you for this very question.

Chapter : 9 - Nightmare

1.5K 92 3
By fictionalwriter13

Oh Allah, what a person he is! First, it was his eyes that captivated me, and now even his smile weakens me in his presence.

I should focus on driving, but I can't stop thinking about his mischievous smiles and intense stares. Why is your smile so irresistible, Nader?

Today, I realized he's the same person I saw two days ago. Was he waiting for me then? No, no, why will he be waiting. I shouldn't overthink this. He's just a stranger.

I reassured myself, but then I remembered the coffee incident. Why did he order two cups when he doesn't even like coffee?

He didn't take a single sip, wasting everything - milk, sugar, my coffee beans.

I can't believe I'm complaining about him to myself. Unbelievable Uns.
But then his gentlemanly behavior made me reconsider him.

Pulling out the chair and even opening the car door for me - it's something I've only read about in books, but experiencing it in real life is...

Uns, stop it. Stop blushing over this. Don't be so delusional. At the very least, I can say he's not good for me. Yeah, it's best if our paths don't cross again. I reassured myself as I parked my car and entered my house.

The tomato-red color that had overtaken my face, recalling his gentlemanly gesture, vanished when I saw my father standing in front of me.

"Abbu," I called out softly and greeted him. He heard me but didn't respond, simply sitting on the couch and gesturing for me to join him.

I placed my bag on the side table and sat opposite him. Complete silence enveloped us-absolute silence, with neither of us speaking a word.

I contemplated initiating a conversation, but it felt like I had no words to say to him. Isn't it strange? Just an hour ago, I was conversing so freely with a stranger, and now I find myself speechless in front of my own father.

How did we grow so distant, Abbu? This sentence kept repeating in my mind, and I desperately wanted to ask him this question, but I couldn't.

"Have you seen what time it is, Uns?" These were the only words that came out of Abbu's cold voice.

I chuckled and asked him, "At least you know my name, Abbu. I thought you had forgotten about me."

"Uns," Abbu said my name with a bit of force, as if he was telling me to stay quiet.

I was yearning to hear my name from him, and finally, he called me today.
A slight moistness started to fill my eyes just by hearing my own name from my father.

I don't want to cry, but it seems like my tears have no control over me.
He continued speaking, asking me the same question:

"How can you come home this late, Uns? Do you have any idea how worried I was here?" Was he worried for me? Was Abbu waiting for me? I felt happy that he at least cared about me.

But my happiness didn't last when he said his next sentence: "Do you have any idea what I have to go through when someone else sees you coming home this late?

Do you have any concern for my honor, Uns? If someone I know had seen you coming home at midnight like this?" He said those words so smoothly, as if it's normal to ask your daughter all this.

Enough, I can't bear it anymore. There is a limit to everything. Finally, I looked up and asked him back, "Which home are you talking about, Abbu?

The home that is nothing less than a nightmare, where I only shed tears, where I am questioned for everything I do. I've only received admonitions here, warning me about what people will say if I make a mistake.

Where my honor doesn't matter." I asked him the questions that suffocate me every time I come here. With tears still in my eyes, I didn't move my gaze from Abbu.

I couldn't see his expressions clearly due to the blurriness forming in my eyes. But one thing I know is, he is speechless now. I stood up, wiping my tears with the corner of my sleeves, took my bag, and headed to my room, without giving a single glancing at Abbu.

In the darkness, the air was thick with the scent of Paco Rabanne's Invictus, a fragrance that might have been pleasant in another context but now seemed to thicken the air, sparking a relentless headache.

The room felt wrong in every way; it was a mess, things thrown everywhere as if in a tantrum. I needed to scream, to let out the terror, but it was like my voice was stuck, muffled by an unseen force as if my mouth was sealed shut.

My hands were tied tight, the ropes cutting into my skin, making me feel trapped and helpless. I tried to move, to run away from this horror, but my legs wouldn't listen, rooted to the spot by some invisible power.

The sound of someone laughing broke through the stillness, a sound so cold and mocking it sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't see them; my eyes were covered, leaving me to imagine who-or what-was out there in the darkness.

Feeling completely powerless, the laughter seemed to wrap around me, making it hard to breathe. The footsteps got closer, each step echoing like a drumbeat in my chest, signaling something bad was about to happen.

I was caught in this nightmare, feeling more alone and scared than ever. Closer and closer they came, until I could almost feel the presence looming over me, and then-

I woke up with deep breaths, sweat drenching my face once again-it was the same nightmare. As I sensed someone else's presence in my room, Sahara came in and sat beside me, asking, "Appi, what happened?

Let me bring some water for you." She handed me the glass, and I drank it in one gulp, taking a deep breath. Sahara looked worried, and she hugged me.

I hugged her back tightly, afraid that if I let go, I would be trapped in the nightmare again. Sahara patted my head and asked if I had the nightmare again, to which I replied with a slow voice, "Yes."

Sahara reassured me, saying, "Don't worry, everything will be fine, Appi." But I doubted it. Having the same nightmare for ten years wasn't normal.

There was something, some connection-it kept me curious, craving answers. There was something I didn't understand, or perhaps something I knew but couldn't remember.

Lost in my thoughts, Sahara said, "Appi, there's still an hour until Sehri. Rest until then." I refused and said, "I'll offer Tahajjud Salah until then." With that, I headed to the washroom.

I woke up and headed straight to the gym. When I came downstairs, the aroma of tea greeted me, bringing a smile to my face. I walked into the kitchen where my mom was making tea for me.

"Aziz, you're up so early today?" she asked. "Yes, Mom, I have to go to college,"
I replied, taking the tea from her. "What? What did you say? You're ready to go to college?" Mom asked, utterly shocked.

I just smiled at her and sat on the couch, sipping my tea. As I looked beside me, memories of her flooded back.

She was sitting here yesterday, her eyes, her smile, her face-everything about her haunted me. No matter how hard I try, she doesn't leave my mind.

Lost in her thoughts, I was startled when Dad sat beside me. "Oh no," I muttered, seeing him in the same spot where she sat yesterday.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked, noticing my dramatic reaction. "Nothing," I replied with an awkward smile, then resumed drinking my tea.

"You came home late, yesterday. Where were you? With your irresponsible friends or.... Dad began, but I cut him off saying, "I was at a cafe "

Cafe? What new excuse is this now, Aziz?" Dad asked. "I just go there to read books, Dad," I reassured him, but he wasn't convinced.

"You go to a cafe to read books?" he asked again. "Yes, Dad, it's a cafe, a library, and a flower shop all in one. I just go there to read," I explained, grabbing my bag.

"Are you going to college?" Dad asked as he saw me getting ready. I turned to him, smiled, and said, "Yes," before heading out with my car keys.

I put the earphones on and turned on the transmitter, ready to hear her voice. I could hear all the background noises except hers.

Why isn't she saying something? Yesterday, she didn't stop insulting me until she reached home, and today madam hasn't said a single word.

The entire ride was silent. Maybe she's tired today, or perhaps she's sleepy, I reassured myself as I entered the campus.

The campus had a separate section for the library, consisting of four libraries with books from various fields-science, business, computers, and design.

My field is business, so I usually use the business library, while she uses the science library. As I approached the library door, I saw her coming out from the science library, carrying some books.

I thought of greeting her, but I knew if I did, she would likely ignore me and walk away. But what should I do so that I could hear her melodic voice?......Idea!

I grabbed some of my books and began walking towards her. Both of our gazes were fixed on the books, and with a loud thud, we accidentally bumped into each other, causing all of our belongings to scatter on the floor including us.

"Nader!" she exclaimed with an angry voice as she saw me. I helped her up, but as she got to her feet, she jerked her hand away and began scolding me.

"Oh Allah, when will you stop following me? Bhegairat! It's the month of Ramadan, have some shame Nader.

Why do you keep forcing me to sin repeatedly?" She continued, "And this smile of yours, wipe it off now, otherwise I won't spare a minute before punching you in your face.

Bhegairat Insaan! Don't you dare show up in front of me again, or I'll break your face.

I stopped laughing and replied in the same tone as hers, "Take a deep breath, Uns. Where do you get so much anger from?"

As I asked her this question, her anger intensified even more, and she said, "I don't bring anger, Nader, you provoke it."

"Don't come in front of my eyes again," she added before walking away.

In response, I said, "I'm not dying to meet you anyway."

"Then don't meet me," she retorted, walking away.

"Even fire bows down in front of her, she always erupts like a volcano, but only towards me," I muttered to myself as I watched her disappearing figure.

I was still standing in the same place when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked around to see Sahara standing behind me, her lips adorned with a beautiful smile. But upon seeing my fiery expression, she asked, "Bhai, what happened? Why are you so angry today, like Appi?"

"I'm angry because of your Appi only, I don't know what's wrong with her," I replied. "We just bumped into each other, but she unleashed her anger on me for no reason."

"I literally don't understand her, Sahara. What is she?" I continued.

"Did Appi talk to you?" Sahara asked, shocked.

"Not a conversation, a fight," I corrected her.

"Well, at least she said something. I tried my best to provoke her so she would at least scold me, but she didn't talk to anyone, not even Dad or Mom, let alone me.

But, she said something to you. That's literally unbelievable, bhai," Sahara exclaimed excitedly.

Now I was shocked, hearing Sahara's revelation.

I still don't understand, Sahara, why isn't Uns talking to anyone? Did something happen?" I asked, feeling a pang of unknown unease in my chest.

Sahara didn't answer immediately.

"Tell me before my heart explodes, Sahara," I pleaded.

"Bhai... Appi had a nightmare," she finally said.

"A nightmare? What kind of nightmare could make her so silent?" I asked, confused.

"I don't know, but she's afraid of something, brother," Sahara replied.

"I can't believe this, Sahara. The girl who could threaten to punch me in the face is afraid of something? Instead, we should be afraid of her," I chuckled.

But Sahara's expression remained somber.

"Okay, okay, I understand it's serious. But tell me, how do we lift your Appi's mood now?" I asked, attempting to change the topic.

This time, Sahara smiled at me and said, "Bhai, Appi's mood will be fine soon."

"But how? You just said she isn't talking to anyone," I reminded her.

Sahara then reminded me, "Bhai, perhaps you're forgetting what I told you. Appi vented out all her anger on you, so she might be feeling better now."

"Wow, amazing," I exclaimed, being utterly shocked by her statement.

"Alright, brother, I'll go now," Sahara said before leaving me lost in my thoughts. Does she hate me so much that she directed all her anger at me, or does it mean...

"Aziz, where were you lost all these days?" I was interrupted by a voice coming from behind. I turned to see Samir approaching, his usual messy state accompanied by a wide smile on his face.

Ignoring him, I continued walking towards our class. He caught up with me and said, "Bhai, say something. I've been calling you for the past week. Is it possible that thoughts of bhabhi have turned you into a Devdas?"

I turned towards him and replied in a cold tone, "It's nothing like that, Samir. Because. I've. Found. Your. Bhabhi."

Saying this, I went and sat in my seat. I could see the shock on his face at my response.

"Wait... What! You found my bhabhi?" he exclaimed loudly, capturing the attention of the entire class.

I quickly covered his mouth with my hand and whispered in his ear, "Let's talk about it later. For now, let's focus on our lectures," I said, removing my hand from his mouth and sitting upright to concentrate on the lectures.

"Tell me, where are you taking me, Aziz? I just asked about Bhabhi. It doesn't mean you kidnap me for that," he said in his dramatic voice. I completely ignored his nonsense and brought him to my Uns cafe.

"Why are you bringing me to a cafe, Aziz? Are you treating me, brother?" he asked excitedly.

"No," I replied and opened the door.

He didn't say anything further and just stood beside me, while I searched for her. It had been 8 hours since I last saw her. She wasn't at her counter either. Where is she?

"Bhai, did you just bring me here to stand around?" Samir asked from behind.

I regretted bringing him here now. We walked towards my usual table. My gaze was still fixed on the counter. Only that Usman boy was working there. Uns wasn't with him either. Where are you, Uns?

After about half an hour, she came out, but wait, who are those two men? I could only see their backs, but I could see Uns's face. She was smiling.

What! She is smiling with those men? Unknowingly, my fists clenched, my dark blue eyes turning red now. Why doesn't she smile with me, but can smile with others?

I was about to get up and leave when our eyes met. She saw me, but instead of ignoring me or giving me a death glare, she gestured with her hands for me to sit.

After talking with them, I saw her coming towards my table. No anger, no glare, no ignorance-there was nothing on her face right now, it was calm.

She came and stood in front of me. And here, my crazy heart is beating uncontrollably just seeing her in front of me.

"Hello, Mr. Nader," she greeted me with a smile. For the first time, she smiled at me. My heart wasn't enough now; even my body was affected by her voice.

"He... hello, Ms. Re... Reza," I struggled to speak, unable to tolerate the effect she had on me. Why the hell do I start stuttering just because of her smile?

I couldn't even greet her properly. She smiled again at my response.
"My poor heart can't take this, Uns. Don't make me weak," I said to her, and she stared back at me.

I too stared into her almond-like brown eyes, inhaling her jasmine fragrance. In all this, I totally forgot about the third person sitting in front of us. This time, I broke the eye contact and looked at Samir, who was clearly enjoying everything.

But I have one more question: What happened to our madam that she is smiling at me? Just a minute ago, I was complaining about it, and now seeing her smile is literally making me lose focus on everything except her. How... how can someone's smile be so precious?

She is driving me crazy day by day. If her one smile can affect me in this way, then how am I going to control myself when she becomes mine... MINE.

"Would you like to drink some juice?" she asked. I instantly looked back, thinking she might be asking someone else, but then she said,

"I am asking you, begairat." Oh, a moment of happiness, she returned to her normal angry tone. But wait a minute, juice for me?

"Ms. Reza, you're asking me to drink juice?" I asked, pointing to myself. She nodded with a smile, then laughed at my shocked reaction.

She was literally smiling in front of me, and I couldn't tear my gaze away from her, nor could I control my crazy heartbeat.

"Ab agar aise hein muskuraougi toh, palak chapkana bhi mushkil honaiga Uns"
(Now, if you keep smiling like this, Uns, even blinking will become difficult,")

Those words came automatically from my mouth, my gaze still fixed on her.

"Your crazy Nader", she said.

"Only for you Uns", I replied.

Before she could say anything else, that idiot Samir interrupted us, saying, "If I remember correctly, you're Uns Reza, Sahara's sister right?

I looked at Samir, who was now talking to Uns.

"I'm Samir, Sahara's friend. We've met before, do you remember, Uns?" Samir reminded her.

"Oh, yes, yes, I do remember you. Samir, right? What a coincidence! Welcome to my cafe. I hope you'll have a peaceful time here,"

Uns replied warmly. Then she turned towards me, asking with her cold anger tone, "Mr. Nader, if you don't need any juice, then say it,"

Hayee, I was literally missing this. Her being angry with me gives me inner peace. Controlling my emotions,

I said, "I will drink anything brought by you, Ms. Reza."

She gave me her mischievous smile and said, "Then, I guess, one glass of poison will be enough for you, Mr Nader"

and you're fine with coffee, Samir, or do you too want to drink anything brought by me?"

"I-I am okay-okay with coffee, Bhabhi... I mean, Uns," Samir said while controlling his stuttering.

"I didn't know you serve poison too," I asked her, cause I don't want her to leave.

She stopped walking and turned towards me, saying, "Well, we serve poison only for special people, Mr. Nader."

With that, she walked away.
But my smile soon vanished upon seeing him there.
"Hamza?"

Thank you for your time❤
Have a great weekend.
Please share your thoughts on this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1K 41
๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
86K 4.4K 31
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžคโœฎ ๐ด๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ ร— ๐‘‡๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘–๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘˜๐‘Ž โ๐‘ฏ๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’‚๐’‘๐’”๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’๐’‰๐’๐’• ๐’Ž๐’๐’‰๐’๐’ƒ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’• ๐’Œ๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’Š ๐‘ป๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’‰๐’Œ๐’‚โž *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง...
823K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
112K 4.7K 29
๐‘ฉ๐’๐’๐’Œ #๐Ÿ ๐’Š๐’ ๐‘ป๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐‘บ๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’”. "๐€๐ง๐ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฆ๐ž" ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐จ๐จ...