CALM IN HIS STORM

De HJwritesTK

THE SCHOOL SERIES- Book 1. Kim Taehyung rejoins the college after a terrible divorce; all set to start afresh... Mais

PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS
β™‘[1]β™‘
β™‘[2]β™‘
β™‘[3]β™‘
β™‘[4]β™‘
β™‘[5]β™‘
β™‘[6]β™‘
β™‘[7]β™‘
β™‘[8]β™‘
β™‘[9]β™‘
β™‘[10]β™‘
β™‘[11]β™‘
β™‘[12]β™‘
β™‘[13]β™‘
Very important
β™‘[14]β™‘
β™‘[15]β™‘
β™‘[16]β™‘
β™‘[17]β™‘
β™‘[18]β™‘
β™‘[19]β™‘
β™‘[21]β™‘
β™‘[22]β™‘

β™‘[20]β™‘

1.4K 130 45
De HJwritesTK

~20240329

8 MONTHS LATER

Taehyung was low-key swearing when he noticed the time. He managed to snag a taxi and hopped in, chatting away on his phone while waiting for the other person to pick up.

"You are so dead." He grumbled, trying the same number over and over with no luck. Arriving at his destination, he strolled into the mansion without bothering to knock, since he was already familiar with the place.

"Good morning ahjumma!" He chirped at the maid, even though he was feeling a bit salty. "Good morning, Taehyung!"

"I am sure your your young master is still asleep." The maid nodded, pressing her lips together. Taehyung rolled his eyes in disbelief, then headed upstairs towards Jungkook's room. After a couple of unsuccessful knocks on the door, he finally had enough, unlocked it, and strolled into the room like he owned the place.

He eye-rolled when he spotted Jungkook passed out on his stomach, flaunting his bare chest. "You are still sleeping?! I told you to wake up early today."

Jungkook stirred at the noise, but went right back to snoozing.

"JUNGKOOKKK!!!" Taehyung's scream jolted him awake. "What?! What's going on?!" He frantically scanned the room, still half asleep. Jungkook checked the time and panicked. "Oh shoot! My bad! I am sorry." He peeked at Taehyung, who stood there with crossed arms, glaring.

"It's the first day of our last year. You bet I'll smack you if I'm late because of you." Jungkook flashed a smile and headed over to Taehyung. "We've got time. I promise we won't be late. I'm gonna take a quick shower. Wait for me here."

As Jungkook dashed off for the shower, Taehyung surveyed the messy room. He felt sorry for the poor maids who had to clean up, especially those crumpled sheets.

"Ugh... This guy!!" He opened a window for some fresh air, flopped onto the sofa while scrolling through his phone, and then Jungkook came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist.

Taehyung watched him grab the dryer. "Really?" He said in disbelief. "Jungkook, we're short on time. Just open the windows in the car, and the breeze will do the job."

"Okay." Jungkook muttered before heading to his closet. "I called you so many times. I've told you not to keep your phone on silent." Jungkook got dressed and walked out, ignoring the complaints.

"We're gonna be late! C'mon! Hurry up!" Taehyung glared at him, knowing he was trying to distract him. " I was so out of breath coming here, and I had to climb all those stairs." Taehyung grumbled as they left the room.

"Really?" Jungkook said with a smirk.

"Yes, I-- Ah!!!" Taehyung squealed as Jungkook picked him up.

"Put me down!!"

"No way," Jungkook chuckled as he descended the stairs with Taehyung in his arms.

"Koooookk! Seriously, put me down!" Taehyung smacked his back and yelled, but Jungkook just laughed it off.

"At least have breakfast, Jungkook..."

"We're gonna be late!" Jungkook retorted, grinning at the maid who opened the front door and watched them with an affectionate smile, clearly used to their antics.

He finally let Taehyung down when they reached his car. Taehyung playfully hit his head. "You're such an idiot! Listen to your hyung..."

"I still can't believe you're two years older than me," Jungkook muttered before opening the car door for Taehyung, who got in with a smile.

Jungkook took the driver's seat and they headed to university for the first day of their final year.

~JUNGKOOK's look BEFORE and AFTER the time skip-

~TAEHYUNG'S look BEFORE and AFTER the time skip~

___

Jungkook drove them to the university, nodding and giving short replies to Taehyung's usual chatter about everything under the sun. Once they arrived and parked, Taehyung hopped out of the car, with Jungkook trailing behind.

"Let's head in." Jungkook stated as he locked the car. Taehyung suddenly burst into laughter, leaving Jungkook puzzled. "Your hair..." Taehyung pointed out Jungkook's hair, shaking his head as he fixed it.

"That's why I wanted to dry my hair." Ignoring Jungkook's complain, Taehyung continued to set his hair. "All set. Let's go now," He said with a pat on top of his head once he was done.

Jungkook quickly ran his fingers through his hair before following Taehyung into their block.

"They are already here!" Taehyung said, and Jungkook followed his sight to spot Eunwoo and Yugyeom talking near their lockers, probably waiting for them."

"Heyyy!!" Taehyung ran over to them, yelling to catch their attention with a big grin on his face. Jungkook strolled behind casually, hands in his pockets.

Yugyeom greeted him with a quiet 'Hi' and Eunwoo couldn't contain his excitement, flashing a big, goofy smile at Taehyung. "Hyung!!!" He eagerly screamed while making his way towards Taehyung with his arms open, ready to crush the other in a hug.

Jungkook frowned before widening his eyes, a bit slow to catch on, rushed over, surpassing Taehyung.

"Back off!" Jungkook said sharply as he blocked Taehyung and nudged Eunwoo away, with an irritated scowl on his face. Eunwoo pouted giving a questioning look.

"How many time should I tell you? Don't be childish. I-Uh--I mean... Y-you'll make him uncomfortable."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and slapped his shoulder. "I am not uncomfortable. He is the only one who calls me Hyung. Unlike you."

Jungkook shook his head and walked towards his locker, not before glaring at Eunwoo, daring him to do it again.

Eunwoo gulped before looking back at Taehyung and  greeted him with a wave. "Hi Eunwoo!!" Taehyung said cheerfully, messing up Eunwoo's hair as they kicked off their usual lively chat. Jungkook was pulling out his books from his locker when Yugyeom came over.

"You know Woo is just joking around, right?" Yugyeom pointed out, observing Jungkook attentively.

"Like I said, I don't want Taehyung to feel uneasy or uncomfortable."

"He seems pretty at ease to me," Yugyeom remarked, nodding toward the pair. Jungkook looked towards Taehyung, who was energetically explaining something to Eunwoo.

"He's not like us. He's too pure. I'm just keeping an eye out, okay?"

"Just keeping an eye out, huh... Alright, if you say so." Jungkook didn't pay much attention to Yugyeom's comments as he continued to watch Taehyung laughing and playfully hitting Eunwoo's arm over something he had said.

Jungkook unknowingly smiled, looking at the other being so happy. "Just look at him. That smile could light up everyone's world around him. He is very special. I'm glad I met him," he mused before taking a content breath.

"I'm glad you met him too. He is indeed special." Yugyeom replied, giving Jungkook a reassuring smile and a shoulder squeeze as they closed their lockers.

"Looks like Jin is MIA. Is he running late?" Taehyung inquired. "You guys made it just in time. Classes are about to start. Do you really think Jin would wait for your lazy asses?" Yugyeom teased, arms folded across his chest.

"Hey! Blame Kookie... He was still asleep when I got to his place."

All eyes turned to Jungkook for an explanation, but he remained unapologetic.  "Well, we made it on time. That's what counts." He reasoned.

"Can you tell us why you woke up late?" Eunwoo chimed in with a mischievous grin.

"I stayed up late." Jungkook simply replied, brushing off Eunwoo's attempt to dig deeper into the matter.

Eunwoo raised an eyebrow, "I know that part. I want to know the reason. The juicy details."

Jungkook and Yugyeom exchanged a look before quickly looking away to avoid any suspicions.

"Probably partying or having fun with his 'friends'.'' Taehyung said rolling his eyes.

"Ya, had a blast." Jungkook playfully responded with a smirk and a wink, causing Taehyung to fake gag while scrunching his nose.

Jungkook rolled his eyes at that action. "Oh, please... Your virgin self can't relate to it." All the playfulness and the teasing expressions disappeared from Taehyung's face at his words. Not noticing the shift in mood, Jungkook continued, "I mean... you are the Mr. Saving myself for marriage kind of guy... So, you wouldn't understand. Am I wrong?"

"No." Taehyung whispered with a weak smile. 'You are not wrong. I was indeed that foolish person who dared to wish for a fairytale,' he thought, lost in contemplation.

Taehyung flinched when Jungkook casually threw his arm around his shoulder. "We've got the first class together. Let's go." He said, unaware of Taehyung's inner turmoil.

Taehyung nodded with a grin, putting aside any negative feelings, and gently placed his hand around Jungkook's waist, paying no mind to the usual glances they received since they became friends.

When they walked into their class, Taehyung was about to sit next to Jin when Jungkook suggested. " Why don't you sit with me? You have other classes with Jin anyway."

Taehyung glanced at Jin and then back at Jungkook, before agreeing with a smile. He couldn't help but roll his eyes when he noticed Jungkook dozing off in the middle of the lecture, choosing not to wake him up as he was accustomed to their professors favoring his friend.

After the class ended, Taehyung woke Jungkook up and hurried to his next class in a different block to avoid being late.

By the time the third class started, Jungkook received a message from Taehyung, which was out of the ordinary since they usually met up during lunch.

Tae:

Which class are you in?

Kookie:

4A. Why?

Seen

Taehyung left him on seen, and Jungkook waited for a few minutes for him to reply before he shrugged his shoulders and locked his phone. 

Later, when Jungkook left class, he was surprised to see Taehyung out of his class Taehyung all sweaty and panting like he just ran a marathon. Which he technically did.

"Hey... What are you doing here? Are you alright?"

"Oh kookie... I am okay." He replied all smiley and out of breath.  "Wait..." He took the bag off his shoulder and rummaged through it before taking out a wrapped sandwich and flavored milk.

"You didn't have your breakfast. Have this. We still have two classes before lunch." He said, shoving it into Jungkook's hand, who stood in his place stunned but took them robotically nonetheless.

"You went all the way to the cafeteria from your block and came here?" He asked, staring at Taehyung with a shocked face.

Taehyung nodded as he zipped up his bag. "Okay, I need to go. I'll be late for my class. See you at lunch."

Taehyung turned around to leave, but Jungkook was quick to wrap his hand around his wrist to stop him. Taehyung looked at him and blinked his eyes, waiting for Jungkook to speak. "Thank you." He smiled gratefully.

Taehyung just casually shrugged with a smile, said thanks, and playfully flicked Jungkook's forehead before running off to class.

Taehyung smiled, stepped closer to Jungkook, and flicked his forehead playfully. "You didn't have to do that to Eunwoo. You are still my number one." 

Jungkook rubbed his forehead while scrunching his nose and shook his head with a smile as he watched Taehyung wave at him and run away, while whining about how he was going to be late to class.

Jungkook glanced at the sandwich and drink in his hand and smiled, taking a deep breath. As he glanced up, he noticed students whispering but a quick glare from him silenced them immediately.

During lunch, they met at the cafeteria like they planned to. It became an unexpected daily meeting spot for Jungkook, causing a stir amongst the students in the university as he normally avoided eating or socializing there.

Thanks to Taehyung, people witnessed this unfamiliar sight. Jungkook was never the one to eat at a place like the campus cafeteria.

Not once, in his almost three years of studying at the university, did he encourage the thought of eating there. He strongly avoiding the place.

And boom! Enter the storm named Taehyung, who turned his life upside down. He somehow had a way of changing Jungkook's perspective in more than one aspect.

Initially reluctant, Jungkook eventually succumbed to the charm of Taehyung's persistence and pout that grew on him, as their friendship blossomed over time.

Their friendship blossomed organically every day, as if destiny had a hand in it. Well... maybe Taehyung deserves a little credit for helping Jungkook become immune to his chattering and introverted side.

And let's not forget Taehyung's persistent and stubborn nature. Jungkook stood as the biggest proof of that, considering how he managed to turn this scary human being to a whole different person, though it was confined within their circle of friends. Their friendship has definitely come a long way. Something they contributed to, together.

Taehyung never failed to keep the group entertained with his lively conversations, often accompanied by Jin, and sneaking bites of Jungkook's food from time to time.

Jungkook grew accustomed to this, knowing well that Taehyung's undeniable passion for food is a defining trait. Apart from that, Jungkook would say Taehyung is very unpredictable. Like fireworks - he can't predict when or where they'll pop exactly, but when they do, it'll surely be bright and beautiful.

Everyone at the table went quiet when Taehyung's phone started ringing. With a frown, he wiped his oily hands on Jungkook's pants before searching for his phone. When Jungkook gave him a disbelieving look, Taehyung realized his mistake and whispered an apology before answering the call.

Jungkook, used to Taehyung's clumsiness, shook his head and tried to clean the stains with tissues. Taehyung's nickname of 'Clumsy' seemed more fitting than ever.

"Yes? Uh... Is everything alright?" Taehyung's serious tone made Jungkook frown, sensing the gravity of the situation.

"Is he okay? ... Alright, I'll be there, Miss Kang. Thank you." Taehyung said, hastily packing his things into his bag after ending the call.

"Sorry, guys, I have to go. Something urgent came up. I'll catch you later." Everyone was puzzled but agreed, picking up on the urgency in Taehyung's voice. "What's going on? Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.

"It's nothing. I'll fill you in later."

"Tae..." Jungkook warned him, looking serious and pressing for an answer. Taehyung sighed deeply, knowing Jungkook wouldn't drop until he speaks up.

"It's Yongie's school. He got into a fight."

"What?! Yoyo got into a fight?! That's so unlike him."

Taehyung nodded, acknowledging the surprise, and said, "I'm heading to his school. I'll catch up with you later."

Jungkook immediately stood up without hesitation and declared, "Let's go. I'm coming with you."

"No, I'll—" Taehyung tried to protest, but Jungkook was already walking away, signaling for him to follow. Taehyung exchanged a nod with their group before trailing behind Jungkook.

Jungkook sensed Taehyung's nerves and placed a comforting hand on his, focusing on the road as he drove.

Taehyung glanced at him and sighed. "He never gets into fights. This is the first time."

"I know. It'll be okay," Jungkook said, giving him an assuring look and squeezing his hand.

End of Chapter 20

💚💜

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

64.1K 1K 23
Sadie Merlyn decides to move to Central City to leave her past in Starling City when she gets in an accident after the particle accelerator explodes...
218K 5.1K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
2.4K 86 12
In his previous life , Tantai Jin was the number one handsome beauty in the Beijing circle, but after his family's decline, he was dedicated to the r...
104K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 π›πšπœπ€ 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐨π₯ , π€πšπ₯𝐒𝐲𝐚𝐑 𝐒𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐑 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐑𝐒π₯𝐞 𝐬𝐑𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐑...