The Birlas' - BHAVANA

By man1sh0

This is Part - 3 of a story that takes off from where it ended in The Birlas' - PARINAMA. It traces the life... More

DISCLAIMER
INTRODUCING THE BIRLA CLAN
INTRODUCING OTHER MAJOR CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - A)
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - B)
Chapter - 2: True Friend (Part - A)
Chapter - 2 : True Friend (Part - B)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - A)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - B)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - A)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - B)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - A)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - B)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - A)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - B)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - A)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - B)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - A)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - B)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - A)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - B)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - A)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - B)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - A)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - B)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - A)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - C)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - A)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - B)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - A)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - B)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - A)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - B)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - A)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - B)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - A)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - B)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - A)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - B)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - A)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - B)
Chapter - 21: Poppy And Ru (PART - A)
Chapter - 21: Motherly Face - Off (Part - B)
Chapter - 22: Aradhna and Neil (Part - A)
Chapter - 22: Aradhna and Neil (Part - B)
Chapter - 23: Kind of Confession (PART - A)
Chapter - 23: Kind of Confession (PART - B)
Chapter 24: Difficult Discussions (PART - A)
Chapter 24: Difficult Discussions (PART - B)
Chapter - 25: Point To Be Proven (PART - A)
Chapter - 25: Point To Be Proven (PART - B)
EPILOGUE
Suggestions!!!
New Book!

Chapter - 13: Motherly Concern (Part - A)

453 41 21
By man1sh0

Whoever didn't get the notification for the earlier chapter, kindly check it out before you read this.

Please vote for that if you haven't already. 

That has been a very interesting chapter to write and the song has been one of my favourites for a long time. Please listen to it if you haven't.

This Chapter has 3 parts. Very deep. Very heavy. Veru crucial. It answers a lot of questions. 

Happy reading!

Next part after a decent response.

Thank you!

In Manjari's Room:

Manjari Birla is the HEART of the Birla household and the sole reason why the Birlas have the lifestyle that they do. She had relentlessly catered to all their needs without a single complaint. In the age of sitting back and relaxing, she had to run the house again and shoulder responsibilities at a time when they had a sizeable financial crunch. 

Starting from scratch after reaching a significant stage in career, comes at a price that often transcends from professional to personal life. Manjari has been rather simple all her life, but she had a privileged lifestyle always. Being simple was her choice and never a necessity until then. 

When times of necessity knocked the door, she stood there firm and made sure that managing the house in comparatively limited funds never became an issue to worry. She gave Abhimanyu the time and cushion to find his feet and turn the tide in his favour which he eventually did. A lot of credit has to go to Manjari for that. 

Instead of enjoying the perks of being a grandmother, she had to take care of Roohi and parent her in Abhimanyu's absence due to professional commitments. Manjari did all of that willingly and out of choice, care and love defying the challenges that came with age and generation gap. 

But all of that required a lot of effort and she put in her 100 percent and even more at times, without caring for herself. Only after the kids really grew up, she found the leisure time that she enjoys today. 

Manjari's efforts can't be explained in words. They are much beyond that. Trying to encapsulate them will be an insult to her contribution. But the catch here is, even if she didn't do any of the above, the respect her kids had for her wouldn't reduce even by an ounce. That's the beauty of the Birla boys and how they are wired. 

Manjari was also very aware of the fact that she had nothing to prove to her sons. They have accepted her after biggest of her follies that created a mayhem in their lives, but they still stood by her and help her rebuild. Her kids became instrumental in her having her love story at such a juncture of life. 

Both her kids didn't judge her or her decision to be with Harsh after all the efforts he had put in. All they wanted was her happiness and they held back their resentment for her. They gave her all the respect, care and loved her to moon and back. Her boys knew how exactly to treat a woman right. She was extremely proud of the men they have become

But, if they turned out any different, any less caring and less accepting, she would still love them the same. Her love for her kids is unconditional and that germ has passed on to Abhimanyu as a part of inheritance. 

Neil hated that fact and made it known to everyone every once in a while. He was the reality check both Abhimanyu and Manjari needed in life. That's the bond the trio shared.

Abhimanyu and Neil were standing in front of Manjari who refused to even spare them a glance. They hung their heads low and were extremely grateful that they had no audience. They would have still done the same in the presence of audience, but they were more comfortable this way.

They were genuinely apologetic about not taking her opinion before taking such a big decision. No matter who was in charge, every one's opinion mattered in the Birla House. If it was their mother's, it happened to matter a little more. Right now, they needed some support from Mahadev to coax their angry mother. 

Her anger was the softest anger they ever witnessed. She neither fell silent nor screamed. She would just let things be until the other person realizes, regrets and repents. It gets really difficult to make her talk normally when she is in that zone. 

Only Abhimanyu managed to handle her earlier but Harsh was quite a quick learner. He acquired the skill with time, and it was a life saver for him now. Neil nudged Abhimanyu to go and do what only he can do. Abhimanyu stealthily moved towards Manjari and hugged her from behind, but Manjari refused to look at him. 

"Sorry Maa. Hum Roohi ko batanewale the per aise nahin. Woh jab uska gaana suna, aur use rote dekha toh humse ruka nahi gaya aur humne boldiya. Hum donon SORRY hain

Humein aapse discuss kare bagair aisa koi decision nahi lena chahiye tha. Agar liya bhi toh Roohi ko aapse pehle nahi batana chahiye tha. Ab galti hogayi hain. Maan rahe hain hum. Maaf kardo please." Abhimanyu apologized heartfully. 

Tears flowed from Manjari's eyes and Neil reached her to wipe her tears. She let him do as he pleased but didn't respond. She wasn't giving in. Not for the wrong reasons at least. The lack of response from Manjari, Abhimanyu's mind on an over drive. 

He was thinking as a son, but he had to look at it from a parent's point of view. That approach always worked with Manjari and that is exactly why only he managed to make her talk. Finding right reasons was the trick. 

Neil was busy coaxing her with his cute antics and puppy eyes which normally worked wonders on his mother but not today. Not when she was angry for something really serious. Neil gave a helpless look to Abhimanyu who responded with a smile. 

That only meant one thing. He found the right reasons and he always had the right words at his disposal. So, Neil relaxed and took a step back. He was famished for the day anyway.

"Maa! Kyun itna pareshan ho rahe ho? Hum sab hain na. Hum sab milke sambhal lenge Roohi ko. Hum sabke hote hue koi uska kuch nahi bigad payega." 

Abhimanyu directly addressed her fears. Manjari glared at him and Neil was thankful for the response. As long as it wasn't him at the receiving end, he was fine with anything.

"Maa! Main jaanta hoon ki aap concerned hain aur aapko bahut gussa aa raha hain ki humne iss baat keliye haami kaise bhardi. Kaise hum use Akshara ke aas paas bhi jaane de sakte hain. 

Main samajhta hoon aapka dar. Mujhe bhi yehi dar laga but hum us wajah se Roohi ke sapnon ko ignore nahi kar sakte na." Abhimanyu was putting up his case when Manjari interrupted. 

"Kaise sapne Abhi? Wahi sapne jo usne humhare samjhane pe ignore kar chuki thi? Woh maan gayi thi na ki use reality show nahi karna hain. Agar hum mana karenge toh aaj bhi woh maan jayegi. Uski baaton mein aaker itna bada faisla kaise leliya tune?" She scolded Abhimanyu.

"Maa! Woh maan jati but woh bahut regret karti. Agar woh audition nahi deti toh alag baat thi. Ab audition deke, select hoke phir opportunity chodna, bahut mushkil hain Maa. Bachi hain. Use bahut zyada bura lagta." He explained. 

"Hurt hogi woh agar mana karenge. Maanti hoon. Per Akshara ko, jise woh apni Maa samajhti hain, usse anjaan banke rehne se, kya kam hurt hogi woh?

Uska man nahi karega Akshara se baat karne ka, usse sawaal karne ka ki usne jo kiya kyun kiya? Tab kya karenge hum? Rok payenge use?" Manjari questioned. 

"Maa! Use Akshara ko jaan ne ka ek mauka chahiye. Roohi ne khud kaha hain ki ek professional setting mein, itne logon ke saamne use face karna, Roohi keliye bhi comfortable hoga. Humein bhi woh sabse best tareeka lagta hain.

Woh prepared hain Akshara se deal karne keliye. Agar woh hurt hogi bhi toh hum hain na. Use yeh sabak apne aap hi seekhna hoga Maa." Neil chipped in. 

"Tu kabse Abhi ki tarah bolne lag gaya? Akshara ki baat nikalti hain toh iski samajhdaari ghaas charne jaati hain. Tujhe kya hua? Use samjhane ki jagah tu khud iske side se bol raha hain" Manjari berated Neil. 

Neil looked down unable to meet her eye. She was right because they have always been on the same side until he suddenly decided to flip sides unbeknownst to her. He felt bad for not taking her in the loop but not for the decision they made.

"Aap Akshara se nafrat karti hain kyunki usne meri feelings ki kadar nahi ki. Abhir ki feelings ki kadr nahi ki aur Abhir ko humse door rakha. Per aap chahti hain ki usi Akshara ki wajah se main apni Bachi ki feelings ki care na karoon? 

Unhe undekha kardoon? Jabki Akshara ko uski Maa ka audaa denewala main tha. Meri galti thi ki maine us aurat mein Roohi ko apni Maa dhoondne diya. 

Agar aaj Roohi apni Maa ka rejection face kar rahi hain, uske peeche ki wajah mera decision hain. Agar us Bachi ki zindagi mein ek Maa ki kami hain toh woh meri wajah se. 

Akshara ko apne saath rok nahi paya aur main kisi aur ko apni zindagi mein nahi aane de paya. Agar woh chahti hain ki use ek mauka mile apne aap Akshara ke baare mein opinion banane ka....toh main mana nahi karpaya Maa." 

Abhimanyu spoke at once and took a deep breath. He looked at Manjari and spoke honestly,

"Roohi ne kabhi is bare mein koi tantrums nahi kiye. Kabhi itne sawaal nahi kiye ki main jawaab de na paun. Zid nahi ki. Humein hurt nahi kiya. Kabhi mujhe mehsoos nahi hone diya ki main uskeliye as a parent kafi nahi hoon. 

Uske dil mein jab bhi koi baat aayi bhi thi toh usne ignore kardiya. Itni pyaari hain Maa woh aur itna pyaar karti hain mujhse. Jabki maine uski zindagi mess up kardi Akshara ko involve karke. Apni wehem ke chalte use itna hurt hone diya aur kabhi realize bhi nahi kiya.

Choti si Bachi hain meri aur akele ne itna sab dil mein dabaliya. Itni choti umar mein itna sochliya usne. Ab jaake agar woh mujhse kuch maang rahi hain, for right reasons, toh mujhe bhi uski baat maan na hi sahi laga. 

Agar iss bahane use Akshara ki sachai pata lag gayi aur woh khud peeche hatna chahegi toh isse achi baat kya hosakti hain? Uski confusion bhi khatam hojayegi na hamesha keliye." Abhimanyu strongly advocated and Manjari was kind of on the edge about this. 

"Uper se poore desh mein se Top 15 mein uska selection hua hain. Itni badi baat hain Maa. Use celebrate na karein hum? Usse uska achievement cheenle hum?" 

Abhimanyu questioned Manjari back. Manjari became defensive and said, 

"Tu baaton mein mujhe mat phasa Abhi. Roohi ka reality show mein selection hona bahut badi baat hain. Sabse zyada main hi khush hui aur use badhayi bhi maine di. 

Per yeh Akshara ko jaan ne wali baat bhi uske dimag mein kaise aayi? Aur tu use badhawa kyun de raha hain?

Manjari was relentless. Neil got irritated by his mother constantly hinting at ignoring Roohi's feelings for her betterment. It brought back certain memories he never wanted to remember because of how insensitive people have been towards his sentiments.

"Toh kya karna chahiye Bhai ko? Roohi ko Aksharaji se door rehne keliye majboor kardein woh? Ya phir usse uski Maa ko jaan ne ka haq cheenlein kyunki aapko lagta hain ki wohi sahi hain? 

Aur woh karenge kaise? Apne pyaar ka, jaan ka vasta deke ya uski pyaar ko challenge karke? Kyunki logical reason toh kuch mila nahi humein." 

Neil angrily questioned her, and his tone had an accusation hidden in it. Manjari was taken aback by Neil's words and Neil himself didn't understand what made him say all that out loud. It was a trigger may be. He wasn't sure. He was stuck in those thoughts.

When he didn't hear Neil apologize promptly and his mother taking it wordlessly, Abhimanyu glared at Neil and scolded him, 

"Neil! Zabaan sambhaal apni. Kahan ki baat kahan le jaa raha hain? Tu bhi toh yahi sab bol raha tha na. Agar patience nahi hain aur toh bahar jaa. Main baat karlunga Maa se." 

Abhimanyu didn't disagree entirely with what Neil said but the way he said it wasn't something he would tolerate ever. No past instances can push him to disrespect their mother in the present scenario. Not after she moved mountains to make it up to them.

Abhimanyu's voice got him out of his haze. Neil realized that he got carried away by the past happenings and snapped. That wasn't required. Because it was all sorted ling back. So, he immediately apologized,

"Maa! I am sorry. Pata nahi kyun aisa react kargaya. Bahut exhaust hogaya hoon main. Shayad isliye kuch bhi bolgaya. Please dil pe mat lo. I am really sorry."

Neil's words exuded honesty and Manjari couldn't hold back. She pulled Neil to her heart and caressed him fondly. 

"Koi baat nahin Beta. Hota hain kabhi kabhi. Tu pareshan mat ho. Theek hain. Maine bura nahi maana bilkul bhi. Tu jaake aaram kar. Hum baad mein baat karenge." 

She gently cajoled Neil because she knew that her Neil would never do that intentionally. Neil glanced at his Bhaiyya from the corner of the eye to see if he was still angry at him. To his surprise, Abhimanyu didn't look furious.

Manjari and Neil shared a look and Manjari understood his worry. She pecked his crown and caressed his cheek, "Koi gussa nahi hain tujhse. Jaake aaram kar. Kisine kuch kaha toh mujhe batade tu. Theek hain." Manjari assured him while giving a look to Abhimanyu who didn't react. Neil nodded gratefully and left from there before he dug more trouble. 

Soon Manjari's face fell. Seeing that, Abhimanyu firmed his voice and spoke, as soon as Neil walked out. Those words startled Manjari a bit. He said,

"Kuch baatein dil ke kisi kone mein aise bas jaati hain ki unpe hamara bas nahi chalta. Phir hum kitna bhi koshish kar le, ek waqt ke baad, use daba nahi pate." 

To Be Continued........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 7.8K 6
#A Redemption Tale โShe's been through hell & came out, an Angel. You didn't break her, darling. You don't own that kind of power!...โž Ayushi's life...
97.1K 6.5K 44
Premraj Khanna, a father who broke his own children and family apart. He disowned his daughter in the name of protecting his family name. Priyanka Kh...
9.7K 938 14
"What Happens Now" was what had ๐—roubled the Roy Choudhary's when Aniruddh ๐—๐–บ๐–ฝ brought Manorama as his second wife. "What Happens Now" that Anir...
16.8K 1K 12
Sequel of I Promise: Echoes Of Sufferings You have to read previous one before reading this Or you can just read this one if you want. _____________...