Shards: Moonwatcher Evil au W...

By Moonseabeam

Moon was and is to perfect. She was able to handle all the voices in her head without going insane, she is sh... More

Please Read
First Unofficial Day. 7/10
Start of Day 2. Going okay.
The middle of the day. Good.
Almost the end of the day. Weird.....
End of day. 10/10 I think?
Half of 3rd day! 7/10. Nothing bad- Okay, I take that back.
Beginning of fourth day... Hell. 0/10
End of day 4. 8.7/10. Pretty good, not including Sora feeling insanely guilty.
Start of day 5. Scheming. No comment.
Sorry......

Middle of 4th day. 8/10! *gasps*

92 3 10
By Moonseabeam

Moon tried to stand up, but stumbled down. She hissed in pain, and looked at her shoulder to see a seed pod.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!" A dragon that wandered near that area said before dashing off to call the teachers and staff.

'Tamarin. Kinkajou. Qibli. Winter. Sora. SORA!!' Names flooded into her mind, reminding Moon that they might have got injured in the explosion, and she shot up, but then swayed back and forth.

She took a step forward, but stumbled forward in the process. Worry shot into Moon. 

'They might be dead. They can be dead. They ARE dead.' Moon thought falling down again, the vision still fresh in her mind.

 Calm down. That's not your worry, It's just everyone elses. Focus on my voice. Don't fall in. Darkstalker's voice said, trying to sooth Moon. Their fine. Kinkajou's okay. Tamarin is not dead. Qibli and Winter are okay. Sora is okay physically.

Moon's eyebrows scrunched up at the smoke as she stood up. 'What is that supposed to mean?'

Oh, your listening. That's good. Keep listening. Darkstalker said, continuing to wispear soothing things into her mind.

Kinkajou gasped with worry. "TAMARIN!!!" and rushed to the edge of the hole from the explosion. 

"What was that?!" Qibli said, coughing though the smoke.

"An explosion. On propose." Winter hissed, as he brushed some rocks off of him.

"CLEAR THE WAY!!!" Peril yelled, rushing into the room.

Everyone backed up.

She dove into the fire, and stayed there for a bit before coming out, dragging a dragon behind her.

Clay ran into the room, and also dove into the fire to fish out the dragons still in the pit. He came out of the fire dragging a black corpse, and also had Tamarin on his back.

Sunny ran a full speed into the room, and her eyes widened.

"TAMARIN!!" Kinkajou ran over to her body with tears in her eyes as Clay put her carefully on the ground. "Don't you dare die on me!!! If you die, then I'll throw blue frogs all over you!!" She shook Tamarin's body, hoping to wake her up.

Sunny shed some tears, and thought, 'Why. Why. Why!! Why is this is happening!!! What did we do to deserve this!?!!?!?'

Tsunami ran in, followed by Glory and Nerium, and gasped at the sight.

Tsunami ran to Sunny to comfort her.

Clay checked the black corpse's pulse, which Moon now recognized as Carnelian, which he just looked away at, and thought, 'Two loses. This is horrible.'

"Are there any more people in there?" Winter asked Clay, who shook his head.

"Me and Peril did a full sweep. No one else is in there." 

Winter nodded, and let out a burst of frostbreath, which instantly put out the fire.

The school nurse ran into the room, and ran over to Tamarin, seeing that the other two were obviously dead.

"We need to get her to an underground lake." They said urgently, their scales shifting to a grassy green. "Get her to the nearest as fast as possible, get some bandages, the bottle in my office with the label, 'Aloe vera', and some rainwing darts in case she wakes up."

Glory and Nerium nodded, and dashed off.

"I can carry her." Clay volunteered, and went out of the room with the nurse and Nerium.

"CLASS IS CANCLED FOR TODAY, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GO INTO THE WING, AND NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GO TO THE LAKE FOR SWIMMING!!" A voice rang. Moon recognized the voice as Fatespeaker.

Winter grabbed Moon's talon, making her yelp at contact with his cold scales. He then began to drag her into away from the room with the crater.

"Hey Winter, what are you going!! Let go of Moon!!" Kinkajou hissed.

"Yeah, let her go!!" Qibli said.

Moon tried to get out of his grasp, but failed.

Their going to question you on how you knew about the explosion. Darkstalker said. Start thinking of a good excuse.

He kept dragging her away, despite her winglets' objections, and the dragged her into a classroom that was empty. 

After the other members of the winglet came into the room to continue to object, he hissed, "How the fuck did you know that would happen?"

The rest of the winglet froze at that.

'He's right- how did she-' Qibli thought.

"Did you set it?" Winter hissed, interrupting Qibli's thoughts..

Moon shook her head. "No, I didn't." She said truthly, and looked at Kinkajou who was averting her eyes. Kinkajou, being Kinkajou, somehow got Moon to admit that she could see the future, but luckily, not was able to get her to admit that she could read minds. Moon also got Kinkajou to never tell anyone about that without her permission, sense it was her biggest secret, and that Kinkajou was the only person that knew.

"Then how. Did. You. Know!" Winter hissed. When Moon didn't answer, he hissed, "By tomorrow, if you don't tell me how you know, then I will tell everyone that you did it." And then walked out.

Everyone didn't say a word, not wanting to break the silence. 

Qibli's mind raced through all the possibilities, including the truth, but kept shying away from it.

It seems that he wasn't the first to connect all the dots, because Turtle said, "Oh my god." Making everyone look at him. "You can see the future, can't you? You have one of the Nightwing powers."

Everyone except Kinkajou turned to Moon for an answer. 

Moon adverted her eyes, and said, "Yes." 

"Can you read minds too?" Qibli asked. 'If she can...'

Moon's mind raced. If she told them, they might hate her, especially Kinkajou considering she's known me her whole life, but she would be telling the truth. But if she didn't, then they might act weird around her, but probably not hate her, but if they found out that she could in the future, then they would hate her even more then they would now.

Deciding on her answer, she shook her head, and said, "No, I can only see the future."

"Can all Nightwings see the future?"

"As far as I know, I'm the only one that has powers." Moon said quietly, looking down at her talons. "Please don't tell anyone."

Qibli's mind started to race with Sandwing secrets that she might have gotten if she could read minds, even though she had never heard him think about the secrets.

'I know that Moon tried to stop anyone to get hurt, but Tamarin...' Kinkajou thought, turning away. "I-I'm going to go check up on Tamarin." She said, before scurrying off.

"I also need to go." Qibli said, going in the direction Kinkajou went in, thinking, 'Why didn't she tell us? I need to think.'

Moon had her tail wrap around her as she thought about the explosion.

"Come on." Turtle said, startling Moon a bit. "Let's go to the cave. You have a seed stuck in your shoulder."

Moon looked at her shoulder, which was bleeding out, and nodded.

The two went outside of the school, flying to the cave, not saying a word.

'I hope that Qibli and Turtle don't hate me now.' Moon thought, worriedly, glancing at Turtle. 'I feel bad not telling them that I can read minds.'

You made the right choice. Darkstalker said. If you has told them, then they would have stopped being friends with you, and 40% of the futures in that scenario, they tell everyone else that you can read minds, and that you can see the future.

Turtle dived through a waterfall, and Moon followed, getting wet. 

Moon shook her wings to get the water off of her. She looked in the direction they put Dawn, and she was still asleep.

The two didn't say anything, until Turtle said, "You can read minds, can't you?"

Moon flinched back. She then nodded, averting her eyes from Turtle.

"Don't worry." Turtle said, turning to the lake. "I don't blame you for not telling anyone, and lying. I mean, who shares their deepest secrets to some kids the met 3 days ago?"

Moon kept silent for a second, before saying, "Kinkajou."

"Really?" Turtle raised his eyebrows.

Moon chuckled. "Yeah. I don't think that there is even one secret in that bubble of excitement." 'About her, anyway.'

"Well, do you want me to take out the seed?" Turtle offered.

"Thanks." Moon smiled.

Turtle nodded before saying, "I suggest you get in the water. It will hurt a lot, and the blood with be cleaned up easily."

Moon shook her head. "No, it's alright. Besides, I could get an infection from going into the water. Also, I have another reason you don't want to know."

Turtle raised an eyebrow. "Does it involve poison in any form?"

Moon stared at him for a second before looking away. "Yes..."

He rolled his eyes, before getting a bowl and some bandages. "You and your gory stuff." Turtle went over to Moon, and put the bowl under her shoulder. 

"Alright." He then ripped out the seed, making her shriek lightly. More blood leaked out, and landed into the bowl. 

"No warning I see." Moon winced, observing her wound, tooking a lemon, and rubbed it on her wound. It was very painful, but nothing she hasn't dealt with before.

"Nope." 

Moon took the bandages, and wrapped it around her shoulder. She grabbed one of the ends with her teeth, and pulled to make a not.

There was another awkward silence, what was it with awkward silences tosay?

"So I guess you know my secret." Turtle said quietly, gazing at the ripples in the lake.

"No." Moon interrupted, making Turtle look at her. "I don't know why, but for some reason, I can't read your mind." She was curious now, but Moon didn't want to betray her friend's trust.

"............Huh." Turtle said. "Well I'm, not that interesting anyway."

Moon raised an eyebrow. "Sure." She said sarcastically.

"What?! I'm not!!" Turtle defended.

"If you say so." Moon said, not convinced.

Turtle pushed Moon into the water.

"What was that for?!"

"You know why." Turtle snapped.

They both stay quiet before laughing.

"Oh yeah." Moon said seriously. "I think I know who set the bomb."

"Who?"

Moon stayed quiet, looking away.

"..............Oh." Turtle said, realising. "What makes you think that? And why would she do that?"

"Well, I heard her thoughts after the explosion, and they worried about if anyone got injured or hurt, but she also thought something along the lines, "Why weren't you in there?!? Why were they in there?!" Moon explained nervously. "I think she's targeting one person, and got people not involved instead. I honestly can't think of who and why she would want to kill someone."

"Hmmmm..." Turtle looked as he was thinking. "Oh yeah, she did once get a scroll from the library about Icewing formation. From what I know, she doesn't like those kind of scrolls."

Moon thought back to that day, and remembered her thinking about Icicle and someone named Crane. "I do remember her thinking about some dragons named Icicle, and Crane. I think that Crane is dead."

"Do you think Sora's targeting Icicle?" Turtle asked.

Moon closed her eyes. "I wouldn't know, but probably. But why?" Moon opened her eyes. "Anyway, I think that she must have a good reason for doing so."

"I hope she's alright..."

They stayed quiet.

"Sora's coming." Moon said suddenly, sensing her mind. 

Turtle nodded, and went over to his favorite ledge to "read".

Moon went over to her bowl of blood, and put a cover onto it.

Sora flew in through the waterfall.

"Sora!" Moon said, running over to her. "Are you okay? The cave-"

"Yeah, I'm okay." Sora said calmly. 'LIKE HELL, I FUCKING BLEW UP THE HISTORY CLASS AND KILLED TWO DRAGONS!!!!'

Moon smiled. "That's good..." She went over to her bowl, made sure it was secure, and put it into a hole filled with water to refrigerate the blood so it wouldn't spoil. (She is not going to drink it, I just couldn't find a better word)

They all stayed quiet for a minute.

"Uh." Turtle began, making the other two look at him. "Sora, we know."

Sora's eyes widened. "About what?" She took a step back.

"That you set the bomb." Moon said. "But don't worry!! We won't tell, and we don't blame you."

Dawn looked back and forth between the two.

"Uh, wow did you know?" Sora asked.

"U-Uh..." Moon stuttered. "W-Well, Icanreadmindscanwestillbefriends??" She said quickly.

Sora looked shocked. "I thought that Nightwings didn't have powers."

"W-Well, uh, I do, and as far as I know, I'm the only one that does." Moon said.

Dawn looked at Sora.

Sora stayed quiet.

"Please don't tell." Moon begged.

"I won't, but why won't you tell on me?" Sora asked.

Turtle sighed. "Your going after Icicle, right?"

Sora's eyebrows raised, and looked at Moon.

Dawn looked at Moon.

"I didn't have any part of that!" She defended, making the two chuckle.

Dawn looked at Turtle.

"But, if you are trying to kill someone, then you must have a good reason to do so." Turtle said.

"O-Oh." Sora said, looking at the ground. 

Dawn looked at Sora.

"Well, the reason is that, Icicle killed my sister, Crane. And also, we are clawmates, and one night, I heard her mumble in her sleep, "Killing is easy enough, so I thought she was going to continue killing, maybe me, Clay, Pheasant, or Umber." she said quietly. "I wanted to end her to get revenge, and to make sure she doesn't kill again."

Turtle and Moon stayed silent.

"Well, if you need any poison-" 

Turtle hit Moon on the head. 

Sora laughed, wiping a tear of both sadness and happiness. "Thanks a lot guys." She hugged them. "It means a lot." She said quietly.

Moon and Turtle hugged back. 

Sora broke out of the hug, and said, "Wait, why are you both dealing with me trying to kill someone so calmly?"

Dawn looked at Moon.

"I literally just kept a lot of blood that just came out of my body." Moon said calmly, pointing to the hole. "And I also have some skulls, skin, bones, and blood, from some animals I ate."

Sora had minor disgust showing on her face, as she imagined all of that.

Dawn looked at Turtle.

The two looked at Turtle.

"I have no idea, so don't look at me." Turtle said.

They all looked at Dawn, who yelped in return.

"So you guys really won't tell on me? Sora asked.

"No, of course not!! Besides, I just gave you blackmail to use if we decide to tell someone." Moon pointed out.

"Thanks a lot." 

"As I was saying:" Moon began. "If you need any poison or something, just ask me or Turtle!"

"Did the poison part have to be added?" Turtle asked.

"Yes." Sora and Moon said.

Dawn yelped.

"Thanks Dawn for the support." Sora said.

"So-" Turtle began. "Wait........" 

The three turned to Dawn.

"How long have you been awake?!" Turtle asked.

Dawn looked as if she had a smug grin on.

Sora approached Dawn.

Dawn growled, and got into a defencive stance, despite her leg.

Sora backed up, and Dawn stopped growling.

Moon grabbed the hare she caught that morning, and held it out to Dawn.

Dawn sniffed the hare before snatching up the hare, and chowing it down, having the hare blood leaking out onto the ground and her fur.

Moon didn't mind, but Turtle and Sora scrunched up their nose at the sight.

Moon smiled at the wolf.

"Wow, she's really friendly." Turtle said, surprised.

Sora nodded. "I'm honestly surprised she's not more hostile, considering that our kind eat her's." She reached out to pet Dawn.

Sawn, surprisingly, wagged her tail, and pressed her head into Sora's claw.

Moon smiled again. "I guess Dawn likes you."

Sora ran her claw down Dawn's back, and petted her. Sora smiled. "She's cute. Well, except for the blood on her."

Turtle nodded.

Moon decided to not say anything that showed that she agreed or disagreed.

"Are you going to try and-" Turtle ran a talon across his throat. "Again?"

Sora paused for a moment. 'Yea.'  Sora nodded.

"What are you going to do?" Moon asked.

"I don't know." Sora shook her head as she stracted under Dawn's chin.

Dawn wagged her tail. Moon sensed happiness coming from her.

Turtle approached Dawn, and she growled. He backed up.

"So Turtle." Sora said, turning to look at him. "Do you have any secrets that you would like to share?"

Turtle shifted uncomfortably.

Moon raised an eyebrow. "Before I could tell him that I couldn't read his mind for whatever reason, he said, 'I guess you know my secret.'"

Sora turned to Moon. "He can block your mindreading?"

"Yep. Well, not block, for me it's just empty, like a black, empty, room." Moon explained.

"Well uh." Turtle said, looking away. "I uh......"

"You have free blackmail on us for if we tell someone." Sora pointed out. "And I'd rather not have everyone in the school knowing that I'm trying to kill someone."

Moon nodded in agreement.

"Well, uh. I maybebeananimusthatnooneknowsaboutandevenmykingdomdoesntknow?" Turtle said quickly.

Moon tilted her head in confusion.

"He said, 'I maybe be an animus that no one knows about and even my kingdom doesn't know?'" Sora translated.

"Oh."Moon's expression didn't fase for a second, but then she laughed and said, "I KNEW IT!!"

"What? How?" Turtle tilted his head. "I thought you said you can't read my mind!"

"You don't need to read minds to tell that their had to be something special about you." Sora said as if it were obvious.

Turtle blushed a bit.

"Now that I think about it, it feels like we have know each other for a while now, but we don't really know much about each other." Moon pointed out.

"Your right!" Sora said.

"Uh, I guess let's learn about each other?" Turtle said.

The three sat down, and just talked about random things that happened in the past.

Sora once got splashed with mud by her sibling, and she had to go out to war all muddy.

Turtle, he once enchanted a piece of kelp to make him go a bit faster in the water, and he lost it after having it for 5 days. 

Moon told them about how she once tried to fly when she was little, but ended up in the infirmary.

They continued to share stories for a while, and Dawn seamed to get more comfortable with Turtle and Moon.

The trio decided to tell stories as they make the library, and surprisingly, Dawn even helped dig out some holes!

"And so I fell, and landed in a river." Sora explained. "But, the river was full of giant crocodiles. And I got out of the river of course, but afterward, one of my siblings convinced me to swing across the river, and I got stuck. After I got free though, lets just say that sibling did not sleep that night."

Turtle and Moon laughed at the story.

"Just how?" Moon said, wiping a tear.

"Oh, look." Turtle said, pointing outside.

Moon turned, and saw the orange light seeping through the waterfall.

"I guess we lost track of time." Moon said. "We should probably head back."

Sora and Turtle nodded, and they made sure that Dawn wasn't going anywhere before leaving for Jade mountain.

Word count: 3,063

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.4K 84
Imagine reading your favorite book series when you're suddenly transported into it. That's what happend to Daniel Lorence when he is transported into...
5.4K 19 21
New summary Winter is strugging with keeping his abuse a secret and his love life. He has feelings for Moon, but when he tries dating her but he feel...
138K 2K 38
//COMPLETED// //edited 2021// The Jade Mountain Academy certainly wasn't shaping up to be what Winter expected. He was always surrounded by dragons...
599K 8.9K 200
Exactly what the title says. Truths or Dares chosen by YOU! the reader. Got a Dare idea for Clay, Tsunami, Glory, Starflight, Sunny, Peril, Riptide...