The Way I Loved You

By MayaHart07

Maya Hart is broken. She got left by her dad as a kid. Her mom is never around. The only joy in her life is h... More

Maya
Lucas
Maya
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Maya/Lucas
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Maya
Lucas
Epilogue: Maya
New Book

Lucas

3.7K 98 2
By MayaHart07

When the subway stops, I notice Maya get off. Where is she going? Then I look at the station. 25 avenue. The stop for school. Right. I must have lost track of time thinking about Maya. I can't help it. She's just so unique. She's brave, yet I can sense fear. Strong, yet I can tell she has some weakness. Edgy, but so kind. It's like she's wearing a mask twenty - four seven. 

As we step out onto the streets, I notice Maya shiver and wrap her little arms around herself to keep warm. Doesn't she have a jacket? I want to give her mine. I really do. But if I did, she wouldn't accept it being who she is. She constantly has to be brave. No one can take care of her. But oh how I wish I could. I would take such good care of her that she wouldn't even need to wear a mask around me. I would be her anything.

When we get to school, Maya heads towards her locker, but stops halfway. As she turns around, I hide behind a trash can. No need for her to think I was following her. She walks off towards history, unaware of my hiding spot as she walks by. I let out my breath I didn't know I was holding and look behind me. I see a poster. It says:

Masquerade ball, November 26. From 8 -12 p.m. Come in your best dress or suit and tie. Masks are required.

I don't why, but I get excited. Maybe. Maybe for this one night, I can finally dance with her. I can tell her I love her. I can't wait! "When is it again?" I ask myself in my mind. November 26. I read. November 26.....that's today! I need to convince Maya to go to the dance! But how? I can't just ask her. She would think I'm crazy and won't go. What if I ask everyone. At lunch. I can subtly tell Farkle, Riley, and Maya about it and say we should all go. But Maya can't know it's me. I just need to think. 

As I think, I see the hallway is empty. I look at my phone. 8:03. Crap! Class started 18 minutes ago!!! Mr. Matthews is going to kill me! Beep beep! My phone vibrates. It's a text from Riley.

"Hey Lucas :) I'm in California for a week because I'm going to...... Disney Land!!! See you next week! Anything you want from Cali?"

"Have fun Riley! Take a picture of Mickey Mouse for me! :)"

"Sure thing! :) Ttyl!"

"Bye :)"

Well that's one friend I can't introduce the dance thing to.... Wait I've got it!!! Plan in action! Now I have to wait until lunch!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.1K 24
What if Riley Matthews missed the train with Maya? What if Lucas Friar didn't meet them that morning? What if he met Lexi Minkus first? What if he di...
17.3K 427 31
Maya Hart. Age 15. Abusive father. Scared little brother. Mother is missing. *Trigger warning*
13.6K 443 28
Maya Hart left New York to live with her father when she was 16.She wanted a fresh start and to get to know Kermitt a bit more. Riley,Farkle and Luca...
19.9K 634 35
Maya hart is 15, and she's battling her own thoughts. Her suicidal thoughts. She doesn't believe that her mother, or Riely, or any one else, truly c...