The Troublemaker And The Mast...

By cyan_butterfly2205

Kaneko Sumire is a free-spirited person and a troublemaker. Be it bringing a cat to class or fawning over Ko... More

OC Introduction
The Bus Incident
My Crazy Best Friend
Suspicious Kaneko With Her Suspicious Bag
Cat Chaos
Introductions
Koenji-sama
Warmth
Cup Noodles and Ice Cream
Number 1 Tool
A New Friend
Fluffy First Times
Just 'Our' Things
Not-Roommate-Roommate
The S-System Explanation
Club Fair
Basketball Club
Swimming Class

Invitation

907 56 4
By cyan_butterfly2205

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

On the second day of school, even though it was technically the first day of classes, the majority of the day was spent going over policies and rules. Many of the students had their expectations completely blown away by how nice and friendly the teachers were. Having already made a big commotion the other day, Sudou was left alone as he slept like a log during class. The teachers noticed him sleeping, but no one made an indication as to stop him.

After all, deciding to listen to the lesson or not is our choice, so the teacher wasn't concerned. Is this how teachers interact with students that are no longer part of compulsory education?

Sumire also saw him sleeping and seemed as if she was going to wake him up but ultimately decided not to. She probably thought that she was going to explain the situation later anyways.

In this relaxed atmosphere, it soon became lunchtime. Getting up from their seats, the students started to go out to eat lunch with their acquaintances. I looked towards Sumire and saw her getting up. She turned towards me and smiled. I also got up from my seat. But then, we saw Sudou still sleeping.

Sumire put her index finger on her lips indicating for me to keep quiet. She then turned towards Sudou and leaned close to his ear. She took a deep inhale and shouted.

"Sudou-kun!"

Sudou was now on the floor, having been startled so badly that he fell off the chair.

Sumire started laughing.

"Hahahaha! Sudou-kun, you should've seen your face!"

Sudou was red in the face.

"Sumire-san! Please don't do this."

"Aww! I'm sorry. But seriously though, you've been sleeping through all the classes till now. It's lunchtime already. Get up now and let's go eat lunch!"

She then turned towards me.

"C'mon Kiyo-chan."

I felt nice knowing that I also had friends that I could go to lunch with. And I didn't just have to look at other people do that and get taunts from Horikita.

I went towards the both of them.

"Oh! Ayanokouji."

"Hello, Sudou-kun."

We were going to go but a voice spoke up.

"I was thinking of going to eat, does anyone want to come with me?"

Hirata said as he stood up.

With that kind of thinking, he looks like a real riajuu.

"I'm going too~!" "Me too me too!"

Feeling a bit lonely from the lack of other boys, Hirata looked around the room.

Then, his eyes settled on our little group.

He probably wanted to invite us too. We had two boys and even though Sumire was a girl, she still was well-known in the class because of something.

"Umm, Ayanoko------"

Hirata tried to call my name, but at that moment,

"Hirata-kun, hurry up!"

The girls took a hold of Hirata's arms.

Hirata's gaze was stolen by the girls. Afterwards, he and the girls exited the classroom.

Poor Hirata-kun.

"C'mon already!"

Sumire took both of our wrists and dragged us towards the cafeteria.

On our way towards the cafeteria, we were suddenly stopped by Kushida.

"Sumire-chan! And you're Ayanokouji-kun and Sudou-kun, right?"

Sudou was red in the face again.

"Y-yeah."

"Yes."

"Kushida-chan! What's up?"

"Actually... I would like to ask you something Ayanokouji-kun. It's a short question, but by any chance, are you on good terms with Horikita-san?"

Sumire's brows furrowed.

"We're not particularly close. Just acquaintances. Did she do something?"

"Oh, I see. Weren't you getting along on the first day of school though? I was asking everyone one by one for their contact info, but... Horikita refused to tell me. Also, on the day of the entrance ceremony, weren't you two talking to each other in front of the school?"

Sumire's brows furrowed even more at this.

Considering we were also on the same bus together, it's not surprising that she saw the two of us together.

"What kind of personality does Horikita have? Is she the type to only speak her mind to her close friends?"

Sumire's eyebrow started twitching and her smile became tense. Sudou sweatdropped while looking at Sumire. After all, he was with us when he saw Sumire and Horikita's confrontation. It looked like Sumire was gonna say some things to Kushida if she continued to talk about Horikta, even though she is Sumire's first friend in the school.

"I think she's not very good at interacting with others. Why do you want to know about Horikita?"

"During the self introductions, Horikita-san walked out of the room, right? It looked like she didn't talk to anybody, so I was worried about her."

She did say that she wanted to get along with with everyone in her introduction.

"I understand, but I only met her yesterday, so I can't really help."

"Fuun... so that's how it was. I thought you two were friends before coming to high school. Sorry for asking you a weird question out of the blue!"

"No, it's fine."

I needed to hurry this up. I could hear Sumire's foot tapping on the floor impatiently.

"Once again, let's get along well, Ayanokouji-kun! You too, Sudou-kun!"

Although I felt a bit perplexed by her outstretched hand, I wiped my hands on my pants and then shook her hand.

Sudou shook her hand after me.

"Nice to meet you too..."

"See you later, Sumire-chan!"

Sumire waved at her tensely.

When Kushida was out of our line of sight, Sudou and I both sighed. Sudou quickly turned towards Sumire.

"Sumire-san, please calm down!"

"I. Am. Calm."

Sumire had a frozen smile on her face and a dark look in her eyes.

"Aahhh! Ayanokouji! Hold her arms! Don't let her get way!"

Well, it did look like Sumire was going to go on a rampage but then she chuckled and then cackled.

"Pfft... hahahahaHAHAHAHAHA! Sudou-kun!! Hahaha!"

I sighed again. Sudou really needs to stop falling for Sumire's pranks.

"Ahh~ c'mon, I am hungry!"

And we continued making our way to the cafeteria.

We all bought bentos and made our way to an empty table.

I saw some familiar faces in the cafeteria. Namely Hirata's group, which was probably the biggest one in the cafeteria, and a few others.

We sat down in the chairs and opened up our bentos. They all looked delecious.

As we were eating, Sumire started to talk about the things that we knew, to Sudou.

"Sudou-kun, from now on, don't sleep in the classroom."

"Huh?"

"It's not just about being tardy, but some other things as well."

Sudou was intently listening to her.

"Yesterday, we found out some things about this school that are gonna blow your mind. Well, they did mine. Anyway. So, we found out that our behaviour is going to affect our monthly allowance."

Now, Sudou was really bewildered.

"You're not joking again, Sumire-san, are you?"

"No, no, this is not a joke. If you don't believe me, you can ask Kiyo-chan."

Sudou looked at me and I nodded.

"It's true, Sudou. Didn't you think something was weird with what the upperclassmen said yesterday?"

Sudou folded his arms and closed his eyes, thinking about yesterday's confrontation with the senpais. He then looked at us again.

"About class D facing hell?"

This time, Sumire spoke up.

"Yeah. After some thinking we came to the conclusion that this school has a heirarchy sytsem. Class D is full of students with some sort of issues and class A is full of elites."

"What?!"

Sudou, we are literally in the cafeteria. Why are you shouting?

Sumire whisper-shouted to him.

"Sudou-kun, calm down!"

"Sorry, Sumire-san."

"Well, as I was saying before, our behaviour can affect our monthly allowance and the allotment of our class. So, we need to be on our best behaviour."

Sudou's eyes widened.

"Like how you got your points deducted because of the cat?"

"Yes!"

Sudou's mouth formed an 'o'.

"Okay! I'll try my best!"

Sumire beamed at him.

"I'm gonna tell this to the class as well later."

Sudou nodded.

Just then, music started to play out of the speakers.

"Today, at 5 pm in gymnasium number 1, there will be a club fair. For those of you with an interest in clubs, please come to gymnasium number 1. I repeat, today------"

A girl with a cute voice made an announcement over the PA.

Clubs, huh. I've never been in a club before.

"Oh, yeah! Yesterday, when I went to ask about the clubs, they said that there was gonna be a club fair today."

Sudou told us that and then brightened up.

"Hey, guys! Would you go to the club fair with me? I'm gonna be in the basketball club, though you already knew that."

Sudou became embarrassed after he said that.

"Of course, we'll go. I also wanna check out the club fair. Maybe, one will catch my eye. Right, Kiyo-chan?"

I wanted to check out the club fair as well, anyways.

"Sure, I'll go."

"Yay! Sudou-kun, now that we're friends, make sure to invite us to go with you just like now, okay?"

Even though Sudou was still a little embarrassed, he looked happy.

"Yeah."

Yeah... I have friends now to go with. I won't have to go there alone. Then, I'll also make an effort to invite them if I wanna go somewhere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 10K 125
Y/N is the daughter of the villain Dabi, and is determined to move past her father's expectations. She runs away from her abusive father, and finds...
1.5M 46.6K 20
(Y/N) has known Kageyama Tobio for almost her entire life, because they've been next door neighbors and best friends since elementary school. Now tha...
603K 18.5K 123
Abandoned story and account. End Genocide and War, I don't care what all a country or territory has done, civilians should never be slaughtered as a...
667K 13.8K 87
[COMPLETED] Mila Wilson is quiet, anxious and a little bit of a mess. When she finally starts college despite her mental health issues, she meets the...