Rebirth of the Female Antagon...

By AnaS28653

THIS IS NOT MY STORY..... WHEN I WAS READING IT .....I SEARCH FOR EVERY CHAPTER IN DIFFRENT WEBSITE... SO I T... More

1-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9-10
11-13
14-15
16-18
19-20
21-22
23-24
25-26
27-30
31-33
34-35
36-37
38-39
40-41
42-44
45-48
49-51
52-54
55-57
58-60
61-64
65-67
68-72
73-77
78-81
82-84
89-91
92-94
95-97
98-100
101-105

85-88

152 2 2
By AnaS28653

85_Essence

"Urgh..."

XuanRong raised her hand and rubbed her forehead. It was throbbing hard and it was painful. She could not help but close her eyes.

"XiaoJie? Thank the gods! XiaoJie, you are already awake!"

XuanRong opened her eyes and squinted, trying to adjust her eyesight. XuanRong focused her eyes on the person who was sitting beside her, she saw YuYing's face.

"What.. What happened?"

XuanRong once again rubbed her head. The last time she remembered, she was trying to go outside but she fainted after opening the door.

"XiaoJie, you were very stubborn! You did not allow us, your servants, to accompany you yesterday night. When we say you, you were already lying on the cold ground at the front of the door. XiaoJie! You really made this servant worry! YuShen Jiejie was very worried too! Even master An Wei was very anxious when we found you! You could have called us, your maidservants, if you needed help. How could XiaoJie act recklessly! Ai.. You really scared this servant to death."

Being reprimanded by YuYing, XuanRong could not help but feel ashamed a little bit.

*cough*

*cough*

"I'm sorry. I promise, I will not do it again. Ahh... that's right.. did—"

Before finishing her words, XuanRong suddenly stopped. She stared at the ceiling and smiled painfully.

'Nah.. It must have been my imagination. Nevermind..."

"XiaoJie? Is there something wrong? Are you still in pain?"

XuanRong shook her head and spoke slowly.

"No.. I am... I am just tired. I want to rest.."

"Then this servant will leave. This servant will inform YuShen Jiejie and the rest that you are already awake. They had been waiting for you to wake up."

"Mmm.. tell them that I am already okay... no need to fret."

"Yes, this servant understands."

YuYing placed the wet cloth into the small basin and cleaned the table. She then carefully covered XuanRong with thick blanket before turning around.

"Ah... YuYing..."

YuYing stopped her tracks. Her hand that was already on the door once again retracted.

"Yes, XiaoJie? Does XiaoJie needs something? Please instruction this servant."

XuanRong sighed. She wanted to ask YuYing if she saw her benefactor yesterday night but she could not utter a word. She wanted to know if what she heard was a hallucination or not.

"Did.. did something happen last night? Did.. did someone...."

XuanRong averted her eyes as she asked YuYing. Her voice were still hoarse but one could still hear the hopefulness in her voice.

When YuYing heard XuanRong's question, she inwardly clenched her hand. Trying to hide her shaking, YuYing smiled and shook her head.

"Everything was fine, XiaoJie. Yesterday night, nothing unusual happened. No one visited or tried to sneak inside the courtyard. Rest assure, nothing is wrong."

".....is that so? ... thank you for answering my question."

XuanRong's eyes dimmed a little but she was not even aware of it.

"YuYing, tell YuShen that today, she must visit Shu Er today and bring back the golden ant. My hands are itching to try it out. Master forbid me to use the golden ant since it would harm the man's sexuality and orientation that was why I was not able to see its actual effect. I was a good disciple and was only planning to raise it but who would expect that Baili Chen wholeheartedly offered himself as my test subject. Hahaha."

"....."

'What good disciple ah? XiaoJie, you were clearly itching to use it but you just lack a test subject. Now that Baili Chen had offended you, you were happy to retaliate and use it against him.'

YuYing inwardly rolled her eyes. Although she was scolding XuanRong in her heart, she was glad that her XiaoJie was back to normal. She did not like the depressed aura that was surrounding her XiaoJie few minutes ago, it was suffocating her.

"Yes, This servant will make sure that YuShen Jiejie will not forget XiaoJie's order."

"Mmm... Go. I am tired."

---------

"Why are we hiding it from XiaoJie? I can't understand both of you.. Master An Wei... YuShen Jiejie... Why can't XiaoJie know that someone tried to sneak inside the courtyard? That man who was wearing a golden mask was clearly aiming for XiaoJie. I think we should tell her!"

"Nonsense! You saw it yourself. That man is dangerous! Have you forgotten that even when we combined our forces, we were unable to defeat him?YuShang, that man is nothing but trouble! He was the one who abducted XiaoJie when we return home from visiting Chen family's residence. Although XiaoJie did not say anything regarding to what happened that night, and only saying that she was not harmed and was brought back safely, I can't put it to rest! How can someone help a stranger without harboring intentions? I know that he helped XiaoJie because he wanted something from her, and my guest was correct! That man returned yesterday night and almost killed us all. What was his purpose? He was clearly aiming for XiaoJie! No! I know that hiding this matter to XiaoJie is a grave offense, but I would rather sacrifice myself than let XiaoJie be worried. She was still weak. I'm afraid that she would definitely move against that man once she finds out. It would only harm her. Besides, we saw it. That man fainted and might be suffering from an illness or something. I bet it will take time before he comes back."

YuShanf sighed. She was very uncomfortable every time she thought that she was hiding something from XuanRong but YuShang knew that YuShen was only thinking for their XiaoJie's well-being.

*creak*

When YuShang and YuShen turned their head, they saw YuYing entered the threshold.

"YuYing jiejie, you are back? How's XiaoJie?"

"XiaoJie is already awake but she once again returned to sleeping. She is okay but she lost a lot of blood. Her face was very pale. I have to go to the kitchen and tell them to prepare for a blood nourishing soup later. That's right, YuShen Jiejie, XiaoJie wanted you to fetch the golden ant from Shu Er's place."

"Ah??...ohh.. okay.. but.. don't tell me, XiaoJie is planning to.."

"Yes... she wants to use it tonight.."

'Baili Chen, I pray for your soul.'

YuShen could only sigh.

---------

"XiaoJie, the golden ant is here."

YuShen placed a small silver box on the table. XuanRong extended her arm and slowly pulled the lid. There, as small golden ant was running uncontrollably.

"My, my.. it seems like this little guy is quite energetic! Hahaha.."

XuanRong laughed as she returned the lid and close the box. She pulled a small dagger from her inner sleeve and pulled the cover.

"XiaoJie!" YuShen could not help but be anxious when she saw that XuanRong pulled a small dagger.

"Why are you so anxious? Relax ah! Just a small drop will do." Without looking at YuShen's pale face, XuanRong slashed her palm.

*drip*

*drip*

*drip*

Black blood was slowly dripping as XuanRong placed the dagger on the table. Few seconds later, XuanRong saw a tiny golden bug crawling from her wound. It was the female Gu that was currently residing on her body. Feeling the pain on her hand, XuanRong could not help but bite her lips. Using 'command', XuanRong ordered the female Gu to give her essence. The female Gu crawled at the edge of her palm where the blood was flowing and excrete a bluish liquid. Combined with XuanRong's black blood, the bluish liquid coming from the female Gu turned dark green. Without saying anything, YuShen immediately grabbed a small bottle and carefully placed it under XuanRong's palm, catching the essence.

One everything was done, XuanRong securely bandaged her wound and grabbed the small bottle. She once again opened he lid and bit by bit, poured all five drops of it inside the box.

"Ha..."

XuanRong's body swayed and she almost fell off the chair.

"XiaoJie!! Are you okay?"

YuShen immediately supported XuanRong. Looking at her XiaoJie's pale countenance, YuShen could not help but worry. Master Xiao Xiao already told them that the Gu art must not be used excessively. It would only bring harm to the practitioner. She even repeatedly pointed out that the art must only be used when one was in danger or if one greatly need its help.

"I am fine. I only need to catch a few breaths. Go, tell YuYing and the rest that we will visit Baili Chen later."

---------

"Ahhh! Ahh!! Enn~ Ahh!! Ahh!! AAAAHHHH!!! Faster~ Young Master Baili, move faster~ AHH!! AH!!! AHHHH!!EENNN~~"

"You like thisha?!! HA! I'll fuck you to death!! URGHH!!

XuanRong and the rest were currently spying on Baili Chen at the brothel where he was currently staying. Looking at the man who was moving like a pig in heat, XuanRong's eyes darkened.

'Baili Chen... make sure to thoroughly enjoy yourself... after this, the perverted Baili Chen who loves women will cease to exist.. Heh.. you love pressing other people under your body, what would you do once the situation got reversed? Will you still scream to fuck someone to death, or will you scream to be fucked to death? Heeeh.I can't wait.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

86_Coming of age

"Ah~ Young Master Baili, don't ah~ Ahh~ Ah~~ Nnnm~"

XuanRong turned her head and saw YuYing and her other two maidservants blushing intensely due to the sensual exercise that was currently happening below the room. YuYing and YuShang were staring at the two bodies on the bed foolishly. YuShang was even covering her face but failed to include her eyes as XuanRong could see the intensity of her stare. Only YuShen remained calm although her cheeks and ears were slightly red.

"You like that eh? You like sucking This Young Master's crotch? Fine!! I'll poke you to death!!"

"Ahh~ Ahh~ gentler, Ahhh!! Ahhh!! Hieee~"

Hearing those lewd noises, XuanRong could tell that Baili Chen was thoroughly enjoying himself.

"AHAHAHA!! You lowly whore!! Spread your legs more! Let This Young Master properly fill you up!"

Looking at the disgusting man who was mercilessly gripping one of the prostitute's legs upward, pressing his whole weight on her while thrusting roughly, XuanRong could not help but recall that tragic night. She remembered that she was also forced to take that position while begging for mercy. Looking at the prostitute who was moaning loudly as she was being forced by Baili Chen, XuanRong's disgust towards herself increased. She was no different than that prostitute beneath Baili Chen.

'Ha. How laughable. The more I look, the more I feel sick. XuanRong ah. Look... look at that woman... isn't her fate quite similar to the previous you, being forced to serve different men?'

*crack* *crack*

When XuanRong recalled her disgrace, she subconsciously gripped the tiles on the roof, making a cracking sound. The more hate she felt, the stronger her grip. An Wei noticed XuanRong's unusual expression and could not help but call her name.

"Young Miss.." An Wei whispered. He lightly jumped and land beside XuanRong, lightly tugging her arm. When XuanRong felt that someone was pulling her sleeves, she was able to snap out of trance.

"An Wei..." XuanRong shook her head to clear her thoughts. She looked at her hand and found out that the wound once again reopened due to the force she exerted while gripping the tiles.

"Are you okay, Young Miss?"

XuanRong looked at An Wei's face that was being covered with a veil. Even though she could not see his countenance, XuanRong knew that he was worried for her. She was still weak after the full moon, but she still insisted to use the essence of the female Gu to control the golden ant, making An Wei and the rest worry for her health.

'That's right.. What happened in the past will remain in the past. I am not alone anymore.'

"No need to fret. I am fine. I am just a little bit tired."

"Do you need to rest? We can still postpone this---"

"No. Now's the right time to follow our plan. Baili Chen is still outside Baili Fu. Once he goes back to the Baili residence, it will be difficult for us to move freely inside the residence. Since his carriage was broken, he would definitely get punished and might be grounded for a couple of months before he can go out of the residence. I cannot wait that long. For every moment that he was well and alive, I, XuanRong, felt suffocated and disgusted."

XuanRong could not contain the hatred in her voice. Her eyes went sharp as she uttered those words.

"AHHHH!! AHHH!!! AHHHH!! I'm cumming~ I'm cumming! Young Master~"

"Shut up! Cum for This Young Master!"

XuanRong's hand that was holding the silver box tightened. The situation below was beyond any young lady's imagination. The entire time, XuanRong could only hear lewd noises coming from Baili Chen and that prostitute. Once the two was done with their strenuous exercise, Baili Chen harrumphed and mercilessly stood up, pulling the woman out of the bed, pushing her to the connecting door where a small bathroom was placed.

"Get up! This Young Master feels very sticky and want to wash myself. Go! Prepare my bath and assist me!"

The prostitute was very tired after being tossed and turned a couple of times, but she still weakly tried to support herself and bowed to Baili Chen.

"Mei Ling will then leave and prepare for Young Master's bath. Please stay here and make yourself comfortable. Mei Ling will call for Young Master once Mei Ling is done with preparing the bath."

Without putting any clothes, the prostitute named Mei Ling entered the connecting door and left Baili Chen alone inside the room. Few minutes later, Mei Ling came out from the connecting door and told Bail Chen that the bath had already been prepared. Baili Chen stood up and followed Mei Ling. After few more minutes, loud moans and grunts could be heard from the next small room.

Looking at the empty bed and the clothes that were scattered around the room, XuanRong knew that the this was the right time. She opened the silver box and used the 'command' to influence the golden ant.

*zztt*

The golden ant spread its wings and slowly flew towards Baili Chen's inner garments on the floor. Looking at the small insect, XuanRong felt satisfied in her heart. The golden ant was a special type of ant. It was a red fire ant queen that had been fed with poison for one long year. The poison was extracted from a golden poisonous frog's back. After being fed with poison for a year, its color changed from fiery red to golden yellow, turning it into a golden ant that was well known for being a 'reverse poison' which can only be used for males. Once a male got bitten by the golden ant, he would lose all the drive to have sex with any females, making him impotent. His third leg would never rise up again no matter what he does. The only way to cure the poison was to have sex with men for five consecutive months. The man would need the Yang essence[1] of the other men to counter the Yin essence[2] from the golden ant to balance both energy.

"Let's return to the residence." Giving one last look to the room, XuanRong stood up and left.

'Baili Chen... this is just the beginning. Heheh.. what would you feel once you find out you're your third leg could no longer stand?'

---------

Two days had passed after XuanRong visited Baili Chen. After staying at the brothel for a couple of days, Baili Chen returned to the Baili residence. Like what XuanRong had guessed, Baili Chen was heavily reprimanded by his eldest sao and was punished severely. He was sent to the ancestral hall to reflect his sins and was not allowed to leave and see no one. XuanRong was not in a hurry to make Bali Chen realize that he was no longer a man. The next plot she was planning would involve the deep friendship between him and Li Jung Li.

'on what extent to their friendship amount?'

"Jiejie, what are you thinking? Can you share it with Fei'er?"

XuanRong was snapped out of her daze. She looked at XuanFei who was smiling at her. XuanRong had the urge to slap her face but was able to hold back herself.

"*cough* Nothing... Jiejie was only thinking of something..." XuanRong grabbed the tea cup and placed it on her lips, sipping the chrysanthemum tea slowly.

She was currently at the residence hall together with XuanFei, Xiao Lou and the three concubines of XuanLi. They were having a small conversation since Xiao Lou called everyone who were present in the Fu. If what XuanRong was thinking was correct, the reason why Xiao Lou called them was because of her coming of age ceremony that would be held next month. In her previous lifetime, since her reputation got worst due to the rumor of her chastity being taken when she was nearly assassinated, XuanLi almost refused to celebrate her coming of age ceremony. If not because of the pressure coming from her maternal family, XuanLi would never allow her to show her face in the public.

At that time, the ceremony was supposed to be simple, only consisting of her maternal and paternal family but because she cried in front of her maternal grandfather, insisting that she wanted to have a grand and luxurious ceremony, Great General Chen used his name and invited many noble families to attend her coming of age ceremony. Although her reputation was darker than the night itself, those people still attended her coming of age ceremony for the sake of giving face to her maternal grandfather. Even the royal family sent the Crown Prince, Xu Ji An to attend her ceremony.

"Fei'er.. please stop bothering your big sister. Rong'er just recovered from a minor illness. Do not exhaust her." Xiao Lou sighed and continued speaking. "Please forgive your younger sister for behaving like that."

"Mother!"

'Hush! Do not make me angry. Behave yourself. You are already thirteen, two years from now, you will have your own coming of age ceremony."

"Jie~ is Fei'er disturbing you? Is Fei'er annoying?" XuanFei did not listen to Xiao Lou and turned her head to ask XuanFei.

XuanRong inwardly rolled her eyes. She wanted to say 'yes' but she managed herself to smile and say, "No, you are not. Jiejie likes talking with Meimei."

Hearing XuanRong's reply, XuanFei exhaled in relief.

"Fei'er only wants to talk with Jiejie because it has been a while since we had a deep conversation. After the banquet, Jiejie seldom leaves your courtyard. Fei'er wanted to visit you a couple of times because Fei'er noticed that Jiejie never once visited mother to offer a morning greeting[3] after arriving at the capital."

Although XuanFei's words were full of worry, XuanRong knew that her words were implying that she, the Eldest Di daughter, did not show any respect to Xiao Lou who was her second mother and the Xuan Furen of the XiangFu.

XuanRong inwardly raised her eyebrow. She placed the tea cup on the table and sigh. Face full of regret, XuanRong began wiping her eyes.

"Indeed... Jiejie was unable to visit Er Niang because Jiejie was sick. Ai. Jiejie should have visited Er Niang even if Jiejie had to crawl on the ground. Ahhh... Jiejie is sorry... Meimei, don't worry... even if I am at the death's door, I will still not fail on visiting Er Niang's courtyard and offer a morning greeting to her.."

Looking at the weak and pitiful XuanRong, Xiao Lou felt a sudden headache. Comparing the two, XuanFei appeared narrow minded, forcing XuanRong to offer a morning greeting even if she was sick. Xiao Lou glared at XuanFei, signaling her to shut up.

"Nonsense! You were sick.. It's fine not to give mother a morning greeting. Your younger was thoughtless. She did not mean anything. She was only very concerned with you."

"Yes, Er Niang. Rong'er knows."

"Mmm.. that's right. I called all of you here to discuss Rong'er's coming of age ceremony next month. I am planning to prepare a banquet and invite the noble families here in the capital. Rong'er, do you have anything you want to request?"

XuanRong smiled and shook her head. "Nothing, Er Niang... I will leave the entire preparation to you."

"Mmm.. good! If that is your wish... "

After half a shichen, they were able to finish planning XuanRong's coming of age ceremony.

"All of you may return to your respective courtyards. I am a bit tired."

"Rong'er bids farewell to Er Niang."

XuanRong and the rest saluted before leaving... She walked away without paying attention to the three concubines behind her. When she was already far away from the residence hall, XuanRong heard someone calling her.

"Da XiaoJie!!!"

XuanRong turned and saw Feng-shi running forward. Feng-shi was the third concubine of her father and had the lowest birth among the three. She was only a tongfang yatou[4] before her status was raised as a low level concubine after giving birth to XuanLi's youngest daughter, the fourth young miss.

"Feng YiNiang, what can Rong'er help you?"

Feng-shi looked left and right before she moved closer to XuanRong.

"D-Da XiaoJie... please open your eyes and see the truth. Don't trust other people easily."

After saying her piece, Feng-shi immediately left without turning back, leaving the puzzled XuanRong.

--------

"How's Zhen's imperial younger brother?"

"Reporting to the Emperor, this humble physician was able to stabilize His Highness' body. This humble physician already prescribed something to lower His Highness' fever. Although this humble physician tried his best, this humble physician was unable to cure His Highness' illness and could only help him alleviate his pain. May the Emperor punish this humble physician."

"No need. Zhen knows you did your best. You may leave."

"This humble physician bids farewell to the Emperor."

Xu Ji Mo sat on the chair next to the bed where Xu Fei Yi was sleeping.

Xu Fei Yi was very pale, and his complexion was not good. He suddenly uttered, "W-wife Jie...J-Jiejie... don't... d-don't leave Yi'er... urghh.." as his head kept turning left and right as if he was having a nightmare.

Hearing Xu Fei Yi's incoherent words, Xu Ji Mo could not help but ask Mu Qing.

"Mu Qing."

"Yes, Your Majesty..."

"Who is this Wife Jiejie Yi'er was calling?"

Mu Qing fell silent. Few seconds later, he opened his mouth and slowly narrated everything to the Emperor.

After few hours, Xu Ji Mo returned to the palace while in deep thought. Suddenly, a very wonderful idea appeared on his mind. If his plan succeeded, it would be killing three birds in one stone.

---------

[1]. 'Yang'- refers to the masculine energies in life. Giving is an action of our divine masculine.

[2]. 'Yin'- refers to the feminine energies in life. Receiving is an action of our divine feminine

[3]. Children and Concubines were obliged to follow the custom of greeting the matriarch of the family every morning. Since XuanLi's mother is already dead, Xiao Lou had the highest authority.

[4]. Bed maid- a maid whose primary work is to satisfy her master's needs in bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

87_Imperial Edict

A week passed and XuanRong was lazily eating and sleeping inside her courtyard. Since Xiao Lou hired people for the preparation of her birthday, XuanRong did not have anything to do. Although she had a hunch that Xiao Lou was planning something during her coming of age ceremony, she was not afraid of it. Maybe because her reputation did not turn worst when she was in Lu Shan, Xiao Lou might be preparing for something big.

Since Baili Chen was still locked in their ancestral hall, XuanRong could only wait before she could proceed to her next plan. While the time was ticking for the upcoming imperial banquet, the Golden Phoenix head ornament had already been finished by Shu Liu. When Empress Wei saw the head ornament, she immediately fell in love with it so XuanRong was now able to rest without thinking anything.

XuanRong was also not in a hurry to retaliate with the Xiao family since as long as Xiao Lou was still alive and powerful, Xiao family would never perish. She had also sent Shu Yi to the Chen residence and told him to disguise himself as a servant. XuanRong did not want others to know that she sent someone to take good care of her Fourth JiuMu's[1] pregnancy. She felt that the death of her Fourth JiuMu and her biaodi[2] was not as simple as it seemed. It was better to be safe than sorry. If their deaths were really because of a person's malicious intent, she, XuanRong vowed to make that person's life miserable, living a life that was worst that death.

As XuanRong did not have anything to do during those idle days, she could not help but sometimes stare at the distance and think of her previous lifetime. It was almost her coming of age ceremony in less than a month. In the past, although the ceremony was very extravagant and luxurious, due to her bad reputation, nobles who came to celebrate were only celebrating in the surface for the sake of her maternal grandfather's face but deep inside, they were secretly mocking him for having a disgraceful maternal granddaughter. She remembered the hushed tones of those Furens and Young Ladies as they talked secretly behind her back. XuanRong was still young that time and only cared for her own happiness, not minding of other people's views on her. Since she was arrogant, she thought that the sun revolved around her.

When she fell in love at first sight with Xu Ji An, XuanFei told her that in order to stop other maidens from coveting Xu Ji An, she had to give them a fair warning, thus, before her coming of age ceremony ended, XuanRong boldly announced her sovereignty over him, stating that she was the most suitable woman for the crown prince.

The entire banquet became the talk of the town and she, XuanRong, had become a shameless woman, making her the very example of being unvirtuous. The situation reached the Emperor's ear, making him restless. He was not only wary of his own subordinates, but he was also wary of his on sons, fearing that they would rebel and usurp the throne, forcefully taking the crown in his hand. That was why the Emperor always keep in check those noble families in the capital, making sure that none of them would have the guts to team up with an imperial prince. Unfortunately, the Emperor could not stop Chen Zi Tao's increasing power due to the worship of the common people. The Emperor had been feeling paranoid ever since her maternal grandfather returned to the capital after her maternal grandmother died. The relationship of the four countries had been good for many years, thus, the entire continent was peaceful. Since there was no need for her maternal grandfather to return to the border, the Emperor could not send him away from the capital. He had no choice but to find other ways to suppress the Chen family's growing military power. In order to tie down the Chen family to the imperial household, the Emperor planned to bring XuanRong inside the palace, bestowing her the title of a Huang GuiFei[3], the highest rank among the five Imperial Concubines, one rank lower than the Empress of the country.

During the Emperor's birthday banquet, he saw XuanRong and found out that the rumors about her were indeed true. She was an arrogant and ill-mannered person which made him reluctant to announce his plan on making her his Huang GuiFei. The Emperor was currently in dilemma whether to announce his plan or not when one of the officials of the imperial court made a joke of Xu Ji An and XuanRong, saying that they were match made in heaven, one was a 'virtuous' woman while the other was a 'wise' man, making them compatible with each other. The Emperor was enlightened and immediately consulted Chen Zi Tao. Although Chen Zi Tao was deeply against it, he was still loyal to Xu Ji Mo and to the imperial family, thus he could only tacitly refuse the Emperor, saying that he wished to postpone the Emperor's proposal because he could not bear to see XuanRong marry someone. Chen Zi Tao and XuanRong's reaction were very different with each other. While Chen Zi Tao was able to calm himself and be rational, not showing his anger, XuanRong's dissatisfaction was clearly written on her face. She arrogantly declined the Emperor in front of the entire guests, saying that she did not want to marry a man who was like a child, making Xu Ji Mo erupt in anger. Being sandwiched between the Emperor and his beloved granddaughter, Chen Zi Tao was forced to pick a side and had chosen to side with his beloved granddaughter. Only XuanLi and the Xuan family were the ones who were very happy to grab a golden branch. Although Xu Fei Yi was incompetent and had a mind of a child, he was still a high-ranking prince and the only living imperial sibling of the current Emperor. Being in-laws with the imperial family would give them many benefits. Too bad, XuanLi was unable to convince XuanRong.

"XiaoJie?"

"Ah?"

XuanRong was startled when YuShang called her name.

"Umm... XiaoJie.. this servant... this servant wants to tell something to XiaoJie.."

As YuShang was speaking she kept on looking at the door. YuYing was currently with Zou mama while YuShen was supervising the servants in the courtyard. Only YuShang was left to take care of XuanRong.

XuanRong noticed the uneasiness in YuShang's face. She observed that after the full moon, YuShang had been anxious and would always look towards her with guilt in her eyes. It made XuanRong curious. She deeply trusted all her three maidservants and she knew that they would never betray her. She was curious to know the reason why YuShang was looking very guilty.

Did she do something bad?

"Mmm? What is it?"

"Uhh.. XiaoJie... the truth is..."

---------

"Your Highness, please do not sit, just remain lying on the bed. Exerting too much energy and moving frequently would definitely harm you. Please, listen to the imperial physician. The imperial physician said that you should rest well in order to recuperate properly."

Mu Qing tried to dissuade Xu Fei Yi from sitting up, but he stubbornly refused to follow Mu Qing and propelled himself until he was able to sit on the bed.

"Your Highness!"

"Mu Qing, Fei'er is hungry... Please tell the kitchen to prepare food~ Wu Li is here to accompany me."

Without any choice, Mu Qing left the room and went to the kitchen in order to fetch Xu Fei Yi's food, leaving only Zhang Wu Li and Xu Fei Yi alone in the room.

After Mu Qing left, the entire room suddenly went cold. Zhang Wu Li could feel the chill on his skin. He knew, Xu Fei Yi was very angry at the moment. Without saying anything, Zhang Wu Li went forward and kneeled on front of Xu Fei Yi.

"Please punish this servant. This servant does not deserve to live anymore. This servant was unable to protect His Highness, making His Highness went into comma for more than five days. Please punish this servant for failing his duty."

Zhang Wu Li lowered his head and did not dare to look at Xu Fei Yi's eyes. Preparing himself, Zhang Wu Li closed his eyes and waited for his punishment.

Few minutes had passed but Xu Fei Yi remained unmoved, not saying anything as if he was treating Zhang Wu Li like an air.

"Your Highness..."

"... Starting tomorrow, you will be relieved to your duty as the chief commander of the Dark Palace, you will tell Mu Qing that you will visit your family for two months. You will be confined at the dark tower and face your punishment for insubordination. Do not return to my side and stay at the Dark Palace. Your new task is to train everyone in the Dark Palace since you are no longer qualified to serve me. I do not need people like you. You are dismissed."

Hearing Xu Fei Yi's merciless words, Zhang Wu Li's face turned pale. His eyes dimmed as he stared at the floor, brokenhearted and devastated. Since young, he vowed to dedicate his life in serving Xu Fei Yi. Now that he no longer had the opportunity to remain by his side, what was the use of being alive? Zhang Wu Li felt that he no longer had any meaning in this world. Sill, Zhang Wu Li forced himself to stand up.

"This servant understood."

Leaving the room, Zhang Wu Li felt that his heart was thorn into pieces.

'Why? This servant only wants to accompany His Highness and stay at His Highness side. This servant thinks that Young Miss Xuan will only bring harm to His Highness. Was I wrong to object and hinder His Highness' decision? Why can't His Highness understand my concern?'

----------

"Uhh.. XiaoJie... the truth is..."

Before YuShang could finish her sentence, YuShen arrived and entered the room.

"XiaoJie, Laoye[4] is calling you. An Imperial decree arrived at the manor. Laoye is calling all the family members to receive the imperial decree at the center hall."

'Imperial decree?'

XuanRong was puzzled. Why would the Emperor send an imperial decree?For what reason? In her previous lifetime, the Emperor did not send any imperial decree to the XiangFu. XuanRong suddenly felt curious.

'What could it be? Nevermind. I will know it later.'

"YuShang, help me prepare a dress."

"Yes, this servant understands."

Few minutes later, XuanRong arrived at the center hall, there, XuanRong saw XuanLi, XuanFei, XuanRong, their fourth sister, Xuan Yao Ling and XuanLi's concubines including Feng YiNiniang were anxiously waiting inside.

A few seconds after XuanRong arrived at the center hall, an old eunuch entered, carrying a golden scroll.

"Long live the Emperor! May the Emperor have a thousand years of peace!"

All the Xuan family members kneeled, including XuanRong. Although she only half-kneeled and her knees did not touch the ground.

"Rise!"

"Thanking the Emperor's grace!"

"Eldest Di Daughter of the Xuan family, XuanRong, come forward and receive the imperial edict bestowed by His Majesty, the Emperor."

Hearing her name, XuanRong did not have any choice but to move forward and kneel once again. The eunuch opened the scroll and read the imperial edict.

"By the powered bestowed upon This Emperor as the Son of heaven, ruler of the earth, This Emperor will grant an imperial marriage between the Eldest Di Daughter of the Xuan family and Xu QinWang-----"

Hearing the contents of the imperial edict, XuanRong felt like her ears were ringing and she could not hear everything properly..

'W—what?!'

-------

[1]. Your Maternal Uncle's Wife

[2]. Younger maternal male-cousin

[3]. Imperial Noble Concubine

[4]. Master (Master of the House)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88_Acceptance

"....."

"....."

"....."

When the eunuch finished reading the entire imperial edict, XuanLi and the rest of the Xuan family were all dumbfounded. They foolishly stared at the eunuch in front of them who was holding the imperial edict.

*cough* *cough* *cough*

"...Prime Minister Xuan... Prime Minister..."

Looking at XuanLi and the other members of the family who were still kneeling on the floor, the eunuch could only cough a couple of times and call his name in order to catch XuanLi's attention.

Hearing the eunuch call his name, XuanLi snapped out of daze. When the imperial edict arrived, he only thought that it might be related to the Jing country's request, but he did not expect that it was for his eldest daughter's royal marriage. His thoughts were swirling inside his head. He could not understand why the emperor sent a royal decree, bestowing marriage between his daughter, XuanRong and His Majesty's younger brother, Xu QinWang. XuanLi knew that his eldest daughter's social standing was quite sensitive since her maternal grandfather, Chen Zi Tao, deeply pampered XuanRong since she was the only granddaughter in her generation and she was also the only memento left by Chen Zi Tao's beloved daughter, Chen Yi. XuanLi knew that XuanRong was the great general's reverse scale but at the same time, she was also his weakness.

Many people covet the military power the Chen family held, especially those princes eyeing on the throne or those high ranking noble who wanted to get closer to Chen Zi Tao, but since the Chen family was very difficult to pull because their stand remained neutral for years, those people did not have any choice but to use 'marriage' as a bind in order to tie the Chen family. Unfortunately, the Chen family did not produce any females for many generations. After Chen Yi, XuanRong was the only female who had a blood relationship with the Chen family, making her the sole target of their schemes. Too bad, her reputation when she was small was not good, making those people reconsider their plan.

XuanLi was aware of those things that was why even though he did not like XuanRong because she was unruly, arrogant and stupid, he could neither do anything to her nor harm her. He even regretted that he punished XuanRong and sent her to the suburbs, forcing her to live in Lu Shan for five long years, making Chen Zi Tao hate him and even targeted him a couple of times during their weekly session in the court. Although he was afraid of his previous father-in-law's anger, he was still one of the Prime Ministers of the country. He also had his own pride and he would be deemed as a coward once he showed his fear towards Chen Zi Tao and the Chen Family. That was the main reason why in the past five years, he did not allow XuanRong to return to the capital. It could be said that he was using XuanRong as a shield against Chen Zi Tao.

For XuanLi, XuanRong was only a daughter. A daughter was akin to a spilled milk, once she marries someone, she would no longer be connected to the Xuan family, thus, XuanLi did not really care of XuanRong's matter... but... being in-laws with the royal family was different. He could get a huge benefit. Since his third daughter and most beloved child was already the future Empress, it would also be good if his eldest daughter would be married to a QinWang, making her a QinWang Fei. Although the emperor did not like the idiot prince, Xu Fei Yi, on the surface, he would have to show his love towards his younger brother. How could XuanLi miss the opportunity to use XuanRong? Once the emperor decided to end the idiot prince's life, including XuanRong as his wife, XuanLi could not care less. At most, he could just 'mourn' for a couple of days as a 'father'.

"Many thanks for the Emperor's grace! May the Emperor live thousands of years!"

After sorting his thoughts, XuanLi exclaimed and happily responded on behalf of XuanRong who was frozen on the floor.

Since XuanLi already expressed his gratitude, the rest of the family members immediately kowtowed and followed his lead. Only XuanRong did not show any reaction. Sensing XuanRong's lack of response, XuanLi could only glare at her secretly.

"Head Eunuch, please forgive my daughter for her lack of manners. She was shocked due to happiness when she heard that she would be marrying His Highness, Xu Fei Yi. Please do not take her action into your heart."

XuanLi looked at the housekeeper, signaling him to give the pocket he already prepared beforehand.

"Head Eunuch, please accept this small token of or appreciation."

"Mmm.. no worries... since Prime Minister Xuan insists, Nucai[1] will accept this gift."

--------

When XuanRong returned to her senses, she was already sitting on the bed inside her inner room. Recalling what happened few minutes ago, XuanRong felt that she was still dreaming. When the eunuch announced the engagement between her and Xu Fei Yi, she was very surprised that she was not able to respond immediately. She could not help but recall her previous lifetime and compare it with the recent one.

XuanRong noticed that although the major events were still the same, there were minor changes that had occurred in the past few years. XuanRong realized that, when she tried to change her destiny, the will of the heavens was also adapting to the changes she created. Because of her interference, there were minor changes in the flow of the incidents, making her extra careful and mindful of her own plans. Not knowing the future because of the changes she created would be a great disadvantage for her upcoming revenge. That was why XuanRong decided to spare Fei Bai Zou because he had a very important role in the war for the throne.

Ever since then, XuanRong made sure to avoid changing other people's life that might affect her plan. Unfortunately, XuanRong was totally baffled as to how the emperor got the idea of bestowing marriage between her and Xu Fei Yi.

Who told the emperor?

Was the one who told him in this lifetime the same person in the previous one?

How did it change?

No matter what she thought, XuanRong could not answer her own questions. She sighed. It was already too late... She even planned to harass the official who would jokingly tell the emperor to pair her and Xu Fei Yi in order to avoid being betrothed to the idiot prince but now, it was too late.

XuanRong did not want to commit the same mistake and force her maternal grandfather to choose a side between her and the emperor. Because of it, the emperor's desire to suppress the Chen family increased, harming them in the process. Right now, she could only accept the decree since she was not yet done with her preparations. She had to make sure that before she was done with her plan, the emperor would not have any reason to sentence the Chen family to death. Besides, she had a hunch that Xu Fei Yi was her master's long-lost son. If her guess was correct and Xu Fei Yi was really the 'Fei Yi' her master was looking for, XuanRong knew that finding the male Gu would be easier.

'Well, I would rather marry someone who was simple minded and has a mind of a child than repeat the history and try to be with that bastard, Xu Ji An.'

XuanRong took a deep breath. It seems like she could only accept her marriage with Xu Fe Yi. Since she already vowed that she would take good care of her master's son and treat him like her own sibling, marrying Xu Fei Yi would be the best course. She could take good care of him and would not let other people bully him. She would love him unconditionally like what she did with XuanFei in her previous lifetime. Marrying Xu Fei Yi was not as bad as it seemed.

'Marriage ah...'

Suddenly, a sharp profile of a young man wearing a golden masked appeared on XuanRong's mind. XuanRong immediately shook her head a couple of times in order to erase that man's appearance.

'Wh-Why did I suddenly think of him?'

XuanRong felt a small pang of pain inside her heart when she remembered that it had been few days since the last time she saw her benefactor.

'What are you thinking? Why would he waste his precious time for a lowly woman like you?' XuanRong smiled deprecatingly.

She suddenly missed being inside her master's embrace and forget everything.

'Ah... Master... This disciple misses you.."

-------

"HAHAHAHA!! This is truly wonderful!! Truly wonderful!!" Xiao Lou laughed happily as she clutched her stomach while wriggling in pain due to laughing nonstop.

"Mother... please, lower your voice.." XuanFei sighed and signaled one of the servants to guard the outside in order to make sure that no one was listening to their conversation.

"Fei'er ah... Mother was just happy. That bitch XuanRong stole your opportunity to shine during your birthday banquet and even seduced the crown prince. Now that the emperor already bestowed an imperial marriage between her and that stupid prince, she could no longer flirt with His Highness, Xu Ji An.. You don't have to worry that she will steal His Highness from you. The crown prince will marry you and make you the crown princess and once he ascends to the throne, you will become the mother of the country and the master of the harem. You will be the Empress of Qian Zou!"

"Mother.. how could you say those things..."

XuanFei blushed as she cupped her cheeks with both hands. She shyly lowered her head, not looking at Xiao Lou.

"What are you saying ah? Don't worry, mother already have a plan. But before that, we must punish that bitch first!"

-------

[1]. 'This servant'- how male servants refer themselves

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 65 6
Alice was a normal girl in 1492. Her life was perfect. She was the daughter of a king, engaged to the love of her life. But then her suppose best fri...
71.2K 591 63
Shen Yan is the ex-girlfriend of the villain in the novel. She broke up with the villain for the sake of 'prospect'. After the villain became rich, s...
342K 9.7K 102
Fourteen-year-old Su Bei almost died when she caught a high fever, got transmigrated into another world, and finally figured out a shocking truth-it...
1K 70 20
Synopsis: Once notorious for his ruthlessness, Prince Pei Yuan of the Fourth Prince's residence fell from grace and transformed into a paralyzed inva...