Serendipity-Phase 1

By Lugo108

(Undergoing some much needed editing!) Sasha Williams is NOT your stereotypical rich girl who struts about t... More

Author's Note
Phase 1 | Basketball & Baes
Chapter 1 | Nightmares & Clichés
Chapter 2 | The New Guy
Chapter 3 | "Date" Night
Chapter 4 | Fast Feelings For a Certain Someone
Chapter 5 | Too soon to like?
Chapter 7(Part 1)| New School, New Beginnings(Matthew's POV)
Chapter 7(Part 2)| New School,New Beginnings(Matthew's POV)
Chapter 8 | Apologises & Additions to the Lunch table
Chapter 9 | Shocking Crushes & Open flirting
Chapter 10 | Texting, The Conversation & Thinking about Carpooling
Chapter 11 | The Group Lunch
Chapter 12 | The Party
Chapter 13 | Hangover & The bully returns
Chapter 14 | Too many compliments for little ol' me.
Chapter 15 | Introspection & My 3-G's Journal
Chapter 16 | Mortifying Memories through Mad Libs?
Chapter 17 | The new couple & The neglected team
Chapter 18 | Can this day get any more worse?
Chapter 19 | The Model Ex & Insecurities
Chapter 20 | Spiralling Downwards
Chapter 21 | Detention & Dribbling
Chapter 22 | Dealing with first hand embarrassment
Chapter 23 | Another Admirer
Chapter 24 | The inevitable tears
Chapter 25(Part 1) | Getting Closer
Chapter 25(Part 2) | Getting Closer
Chapter 25(Part 3) | Getting Closer
Chapter 26 | Invites & Mood swings
Chapter 27 | Party 02...Halloween Edition
Chapter 28 | Twisted curveballs
Chapter 29 | The Aftermath
Chapter 30 | Now I Know...
Chapter 31 | The day after the party
Chapter 32 | Everything goes wrong on a Monday

Chapter 6 | You should take a chance, when you can.

32 6 16
By Lugo108

"The board is making plans to bring in a younger CEO and it's making stuff hard for us. I mean, you know how this company is important to me and while the board has a fair amount of control, the CEO is the face of the company and he/she must be trustworthy for me to give my company to them."My Dad says as he drinks some OJ.

After the little embarrassing incident that took place yesterday, I felt really bad that I did not spend time with my dad and so I took it upon myself to make up for that. So here I am, on a Sunday morning, flipping golden brown pancakes and slicing strawberries.

We are having breakfast together, just like old times.

My dad and I got to talking about the status of his company, Williams Financials.

I loved the fact that he asked me my opinions and often complemented my viewpoint on certain topics, even if they were wrong or crazy.

"Why don't you decide based on merit? There must be some employee of the company who must be invested in the company's growth and they could make an incredible CEO" I say and shrug.

My dad clicks his tongue and shakes his head, "Trust. Trust, is what I'm looking for muffin" he says.

"Everybody now has enough brains to make it. I mean all you need is a business degree and some connections. That's not the problem. I need someone who has the best interest of the company at heart and maintains non-corrupt management. Our firm is successful because of the trust that our clients have in us and once the position and power of a CEO goes to head, many often forget the true goal."

I nod my head in understanding. Managing a very reputed NBFC(Non-Banking Financial Company) is a matter of trust and Williams Financials is a major player in the lending sector. The company has a clean history and I do understand my father's concern with choosing a perfect CEO but there is nothing much I can do to help, so I just sit and listen to him.

"I understand," I say and nod.

"Good. Always remember that trust is an underrated virtue. "

"Oh my god, he is the cutest... I can't believe that I'm going on a date with Jacob, I never thought this day would come. I have fantasized, yes. But I never thought that it would happen" Anne said dreamily, with a faint blush on her cheeks.

Anne, Sam, and I are on our weekly face-timing session, and for the past hour, the topic of Jacob has resurfaced at least ten times. Thanks to Anne.

Sam and I are incredibly happy but let's be real, out of the three of us, two are single AF.

I mean it'd be great if she brought the gushing to a minimum, but I'm not gonna say that to her. I'll sound like a terrible friend.

"Alright, you little love bird... We get that you found your Chandler or so... better your Jim...Sasha and I will come over today and we'll get you all dolled up." Sam says clapping her hands rapidly.

I nod my head and smile encouragingly. Anne just smiles at us and the gratefulness in her face makes us happy. We talk more and when it's lunch time I head down to eat up the delicious lasagna prepared by Georgina.

My dad had to leave for the office to settle some paperwork and I am slightly sad about it because I was hoping we'd spend some time together. But I understand and I was anyways going to leave for Anne's apartment, to help her get ready, so it's not a big deal.

I sit on the kitchen island and Georgina hands me the plate. I request her to eat with me cause she's a nice company and she accepts my request like the wonderful person she is.

I begin eating and my mind is filled with the incidents that happened yesterday. After I rushed out of Sam's house, I saw Matt leave the house right when I was going to leave in my car and he ran towards me but I just sped away like the bitch I am. I didn't want to see him cause then I'd be surrendering to my heart.

"What's on your mind sweetheart?" Georgina asks me while she's cutting the lasagna and putting it into her mouth.

"Nothing much..." I say but leave the statement hanging.

"But?" she asks looking at me expectantly.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course sweetie"

"Okay so, I like this guy from school... his name is Matthew and I'm feeling things that are hinting towards attraction but I also like spending time with him. He just joined the school two days ago and ever since I have liked him. He's sweet, handsome and polite Georgina...But, I'm starting to make haste decisions and I'm letting go of my own emotions when I'm around him. Ever since Mom's death, the... I have never been this emotional... This is happy and loving. You know what I mean? What should I do Georgina? Should I just let go of whatever I'm feeling or should I just be with him and see where that takes me?" I ask her but I'm still trying to figure out what I said.

I just produced a word vomit right there.

She doesn't respond so I look up to see her give me a sweet smile.

"I think you should give it a chance." She says and shrugs.

"What?" I say because I never thought that this would be her answer. I know this was the answer I secretly hoped for but it still felt foreign when hearing it from a second person.

"Yeah, I think you should. I mean you like him. You said so yourself...so try it" she says simply and she resumes eating.

"So that's it... what if I get hurt again?" I ask.

"Ahh... But what if you don't?"

We hear the doorbell ring and Anne shouts so loud that I am pretty sure my eardrums burst.

"Calm the fuck down! He's not a monster" I whisper shout to Anne.

It's been a couple hours after the conversation with Georgina and I'm really happy to have listened to her advice. I am still confused but I realised that at some point, maybe, I'm going to give me and Matthew a chance. If the opportunity ever presents itself.

I'm not making any plans, I'm just preparing for a possible scenario.

I hope he's not mad at me for abandoning him like that yesterday

I haven't talked to the girls about this yet because after I reached Anne's house, she was so nervous about the date that we had to prioritize her first and I know that my dilemma can wait to be addressed.

Sam runs to the front door of Anne's little apartment and opens the door with a flourish.

"Why hello, Mr. Jacob... You look like a fine man. Our friend is currently having cold feet for your date but she will be joining you shortly. Please come in and make yourself comfortable" she says as she moves away from the door to let Jacob come inside.

"Wow...Uhm thanks, Samantha, for the warm welcome. Could I have a glass of water? Please?" He asks as he settles down on the couch.

"Get one yourself asshole," she says while chuckling and running up the stairs.

"Knew it," he says and makes his way to the water jug and pours some water.

"You excited?" I ask while making myself comfortable in the armchair.

"I am... Wait, is she?" Jacob asks, looking very tense.

That's cute

"Meh," I say and shrug.

"Sasha, come on.." Jacob says while narrowing his eyes at me.

"She's very excited Jacob... She's been making our life a living hell this past hour... We had to switch between 12 blue dresses because apparently, that's the color you like." I say while rolling my eyes and huffing.

That really happened.

He gives a sweet smile as he looks up the stairs to see if Anne is coming. But she didn't come down yet.

She's so nervous.

"Whatcha doing today?" I ask.

"Oh, Uhmm..Okay.. so, I thought I'd take her to the carnival.. that's nice, right? She likes the carnival?"

"Oh god... The carnival? She hates rides, cotton candy, oh and also uhm kids..." I say but try to control my laughing.

"What?" he asks sounding genuinely scared.

"Please tell me you're joking... I don't have a fucking backup plan" he says while rubbing his forehead in frustration.

"Okay, so the lady of the hour is here" Sam announces as she comes down the stairs

I hear Sam mutter an "ow", after Anne discreetly kicks her in the back slightly, reprimanding Sam's dramatics.

Anne walks in wearing a really pretty pastel blue dress that I own(she can thank me later!), it's a little lose on her but she pulls it off much better than I ever can. She pairs the dress with matching butterfly accessories. Her auburn hair was in a messy bun with some curls on the side to frame her beautiful face.

She looks really beautiful.

She looks at Jacob and gives a pretty smile, " Hey...Ya ready?" She asks, looking much calmer than the panicked Jacob.

She notices his face and her face immediately contorts into confusion and then sadness. She looks over at me and Sam and I can see her hurt face.

I feel really bad for what I did.

"Jacob is everything okay? Maybe we can do this some other time yeah?" she asks but I can see the disappointment.

"No, no, absolutely not.... I'll manage it, I'll think of something... you look extremely beautiful by the way... sorry for the weirdness... I just messed up a little" Jacob says and he walks over to Anne puts his hand between her shoulder blades and guides her towards the door.

"What do you mean to manage? What did you mess up?" Anne asks and I am instantly regretting pulling a prank on Jacob.

Oh no

"Okay don't be mad but.. I kinda thought that you'd love the carnival so I bought us tickets for that...But Sasha told me you hate the carnival, so I messed up...Big time." He says while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly

"What did Sasha say? I love the carnival... Wait.." Anne says but turns towards me and suddenly all of them are looking at me with murderous eyes.

"Gotcha," I say nervously only to have a small purse thrown my way, by Anne.

"Why the hell would you say that? You have no idea how much you scared me, Sasha..." Jacob says but he doesn't look that mad. He looks really relieved.

"Sorry," I say sheepishly.

"Alright... Okay, you guys should get going.., I'll have a nice chat with Sasha over here" Sam says while giving me a sinister look.

Jacob soon pulls Anne by her hand and they are soon out of the apartment.

"Why. Would. You. Do.that?" Sam asks while hitting me with a rather heavy pillow.

"I said I'm sorry! I was just messing around" I say defensively.

"Oh, you little bitch, your gonna pay!" Sam says and starts tickling me.

I laugh like a maniac and beg her to stop. After a couple of minutes, Sam stops and we are both laughing like idiots.

"Well that was the most cruel punishment ever", I say and lie down comfortably on the futon.

"Served you right," Sam says playfully and lays her head on my lap.

"What are we gonna do, until her date gets over? Would she come back? " I ask while wriggling my eyebrows.

Sam just lightly slaps my face and shrugs, indicating she does not know.

"Hey.. do you think I'd ever have that?" Sam asks suddenly, as she turns her head to look up at me.

I look at her in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Uhmm.. you know.. what Jacob and Anne have?"

"you mean love?"

She nods her head and looks straight into my eyes.

"Of course, why would you even doubt that?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"It's just.. uhm... forget it," she says and starts shifting her head so she can get up.

"No, tell me" I persist

"I just want to be in love. I know it's a stupid dream and I probably sound like a thirteen-year-old but I always want to be in a relationship with someone I love, and I thought I had that with Tim. But both of us know how that went to hell... ", she chuckles, "All I'm saying is when I looked at Anne while she was getting ready, she was blushing and was so happy, I want that as well. I don't sound like a bad friend right?" Sam asks me with so much vulnerability that I want to cry.

I think I am on the verge of getting my period. I have been wanting to cry all day today.

TMI?

"Sam, you wanting to be in love is not silly at all. And I know for a fact that you will find love. Hell, you won't have to go far to look. It'll come right to you. I can promise you that. And soon. Very soon." I say and give her a reassuring smile.

God, I'm like the Georgina for Sam.

What do you think of Sam's confession? Lmk your ideas and views

Love you ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113 23 12
Sasha has always had a crush on her best friend Kodi, but how could he like her they've been best friends since 7th grade. Then they are assigned as...
85.3K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
16.2K 1.8K 48
❝ Until then, you won't see your future.❝ 〔✿〕 Having a lot to figure out as a young adult, Sasha Blue can't be bothe...
2.6M 89.7K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...