"Dilemma Of Faith"

Av AnabFatima

Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purit... Mer

Info
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26

Chapter-8

339 39 18
Av AnabFatima

"Author's POV"

The first time when she took her hijab unintentionally made that day of her the best day throughout the whole semester.

"Haha.. Cheers! " ji-ho and yuri take a sip of their glasses while Millie drinks the whole in one go. She laughs.

"You're definitely my chili Millie! ", ji-ho pinches her cheeks, chucking While gripping her phone. She flattens.

" well admitted that you're something irresistible, jiho! " Yuri says with a smirk.

Ji-ho laughs in amusement, "I told you guys! Be consistent and you'll see the results. That chick has taken her so called cover. What she said on that first day,.. Uh.. Yeah... Expensive things are always covered. Blah blah... " she imitates fatima's tone.

The other two burst out laughing. They are chit chatting while ji-ho is scrolling her Instagram, checking her friend suggestions, " who is he? "

She opens an account named 'Lee yejun?. Yuri checks the account as ji-ho shows her, "he? He's our senior, I saw him coming uni because of his thesis. Not on a daily basis but.. Yeah".

Ji-ho nods as she sees his posts, Millie's eyes sparkle, " he is hot and cute at the same time, omo! ".

Yuri scoffs, " not again, you drool over each guy you see"

"Each hot and sexy one, ok? " Millie rolls her eyes.

Ji-ho chuckles.
All three of them are having dinner at some fancy restaurant. They were having conversation when a middle aged waiter approaches their table, he clears his throat as his eyes are lowered, " mam! Are you satisfied with our service? Anything else you need".

They pay their attention to that man, jiho Narrows her eyes, looks at the man's chest, at which the name badge is chipped, "M. ya-qoob? This name seems familiar" she says in her mind.

Millie smirks and says in a mocking way, "is this restaurant run out of pretty handsome men, so they started hiring old cheap machines? "

Yuri laughs. They are used to roast insult each human being they see.

That man is no other but fatima's father Muhammad Yaqoob.

He stays silent in response to their mocks. Ji-ho, after throwing questioning stares, finally speaks, " our bill? "

"Yes mam! " he places the bill book on table. She checks the bill, then looks back at him, takes out the cash from her bag and places the notebook back. Then she places 10,000 wons over the notebook, with a smirk she says arrogantly, "your tip mister! "

Mister Yaqoob looks at the tip money then back to ji-ho. He immediately drops his eyes but his heart aches seeing that rudeness.

In South Korea, giving tip to waiters is considered bad, it's an indirect insult to waiters. As their income is good enough, but giving tips means you're looking down on them.

Mr. Yaqoob with a heavy heart takes the notebook, turns and leaves them but he can hear their laughing sounds. He looks up at the ceiling and prays under his breath, "sukhr alhamdulillah that I taught my daughters respect and kindness. Ya yahhu ya qayyom!
(یا حیی یاقیوم) !! Protect my daughters from falling in any bad company". And he leaves back to his work.

.....

The next week is exams, Fatima thought a lot about her wears then she took it lightly, cause there is nothing similar in her house and her campus. So she can wear different things in different places. There was too much study pressure on her so in order to skip those mocks or differ from her uni life, she removed the barrier. So just as the first day, she started hanging her scarf in her neck, then put on the hijab of that scarf, leaving for home. And her life became smooth. No worries, no mocks, no judgments, just a normal life.

Currently she's studying in the library, unlike jiho and her group, she still is a brilliant one. While others spend time in other activities, she studies in library. After all it is her dream and her father's struggle, she won't let them get wasted in any way. And that's basically the purpose of taking off her hijab so she can focus on her studies instead of attires.

Her hair tied in a braid, with two clips beautifying her front side and loose light yellow shirt with white jeans is her outfit. When she came from covering herself to revealing her hair ,is now a bare minimum for her.
She is so dug in studies to even notice her surroundings. "Umm." She's making notes when she gets up from her seat, searching for some book. She searched the whole shelf of anatomy. But couldn't find it.

She sighs and goes to the library consultant, she asks," excuse me miss! "

"How can I help you? " the consultant replies.

"I have been finding book no.57 in a human anatomical shelf but still not finding it. Can you please check that book for me?"

" Yeah ! Sure mam! " she checks her computer screen, " can you please tell me the name of the book? "

"The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations. 94' Version. " Fatima replies.

"Uh.. Sorry mam! That book is already borrowed by someone".

" wait.. What!? I need that book urgently, don't you think there's any copy of it? " Fatima shows her worries.

"I'm sorry mam! These books are official and only one original piece is available. "

"Do you know who borrowed it?"

"Yes" she checks her computer screen, "it's borrowed by a PhD student. His name is Lee Ye-jun"

"Now who is he? " she says in a frustrated tone, " where can I find him? "

"In an anatomical lab, as thesis on, all PhD students are busy in labs these days, you can find him there". The consultant suggests.

Fatima nods, " thanks " she turns and sits back at the table, checking her notes,"I really need those notes". She gets up, covers her things, and makes her way to the lab.

She opens the door and sees inside, but there's no one. "Should I enter or not? " she was about to get back when her eyes fall on the book of her interest laying on the table. She smiles and that step which was going back is now moved forward. She enters In and grabs the book, checks it thoroughly then looks up and sees a centrifuge machine for blood separation on work mode.

She frowns and moves closer to that machine and sees a note on it. Written "plasma separation!?"

"What are you doing here?"

A strict male voice startles her as she gets back to her senses, she turns around and look at him and her eyes widened, the same guy she bumped Into, the same guy who took the book for her, "you look different from others"

He is wearing a white lab coat, seeing her, he frowns, "you? " he then chuckles as his frowns changes Into surprised brows, "I almost hadn't recognized you".

Fatima's heart skips a beat as she realizes he has recognized her even without hijab in bare and coincidental meetings. "Umm.. I.. I'm. Sorry I.. Entered without permission. I just needed this book!". She shows the book in her hand.

" you need human anatomy? Isn't your subject is biotechnology? "

"How.. How do you know? ", Fatima raises her eyebrows.

" haha. Your card which shows that you're a master's student. And you were studying the marine life encyclopedia for the chemical nature of fishes probably, the other day, which means you're a biotech student. It's one of their early courses. So isn't it clear? " he says confidently.

Fatima gets taken aback by his sharp and active mind. I'll call it his common sense. She nods, "you're right, I'm a biotech student. But... You're not as smart as you seem? "

His smile fades, "means? "

She looks back at the centrifuge machine, "you're separating plasma from the blood sample through sst tube? what's the point of using this? "

He frowns in confusion and then explains, "The whole point of using a pst or sst tube is avoiding the time and usage of the pipette. Just pop the top and pour the plasma in the pour off tube after spinning. "

"You're right but studies show that labs can be affected by using such tubes. Even a simple red top tube can be the best for plasma separators so use them instead.".

"Wow! " he involuntarily says as he's impressed by her knowledge. He then looks at the book in her hand, "now I understand why you need this". He realizes that Fatima is interested in gaining knowledge beyond her subject.

"Myself Lee Ye-jun! " he raises his hand for a handshake.

She looks at his hand and nods, "Fatima.. Fatima yaqoob! " she doesn't shake hands.

He smiles and gets his hand back, "I'm sorry I forgot. You told me not to get close. Anyway, you can keep that book till tomorrow"

"Tomorrow? This is a very less time, I'm making an assignment and I need a lot of words from it can't u give me it for a little more.".

He tilts his head, "ok you can keep it but I need your help in plasma detection. Since you understand chemicals better than me"

She nods as yes. And he smiles.

...

She stays the next few minutes with him, adding chemicals in test tubes with blood samples, regardless of gender distinction, they are focused on their work.

After a few minutes, Fatima checks the plasma results in the microscope, finally a whitish matter appears, "look it's moving, " she excitedly says. He quickly gets close to check the results. But a mere closeness they meet, she looks in his eyes and finds him staring at her already. The upper surface of her hair touches his face and he sniffs the smell. Both get an intimate closeness and get nervous. He quickly gets back and she looks away. Blood rushes to her cheeks and they become pinkish.

"Uh..thank you.". He says in a little hesitation.

" umm.. I.. Need.. " she is more nervous than him.

Ye-jun chuckles, "don't hesitate, say what you need?? "

"I need your help in my assignment. I heard you're making thesis so if you can.. "

"I'll.. "

She smiles. "Tomorrow we will discuss it"

"Better", he takes a deep breath and smiles. She smiles as well and then leaves, while him staring at her going.

....

She then wears her hijab and abaya. Then goes to her respective bus, sits on a two sitter seat, places her bag on the seat, all students are getting up on bus, just because she's wearing a hijab now, no one dares to sit next to her.

Just when the uni bus was about to start, a guy rushes in the bus. Lee ye-jun enters in, paying for rent, he looks in and his eyes meets her. This time seeing her in hijab once again, he narrows his eyes.

Fatima quickly looks away, outside the window. His upper lip turns to a meek smile in amusement. He moves forward and stands next to her seat, holding the pole. Fatima knows that ye-jun is standing next to her, she gets nervous and keeps staring outside the window.

" can I sit here? " he asks gently.

She snaps and looks at him, chucking, "ye-yeahh... Yeah.. " she makes her bag a barrier between her and him as he sits. Even though both are sitting at a distance, still they can feel each other's heat. Both stay silent the whole way, but this silence screams louder than scream itself..

Finally near Rumi's school, she gets up, he respectfully gives her the space to leave.
As routine she picks Rumi from school and in another public bus, they get back home.

.....

At night while studying, she rethinks all the moments she shared with ye-jun. How she bumped into him , how he took the book for her, how gently gave her way , how they got close to each other. She blushes while just thinking, "no no Fatima! What are you thinking, you can't develop any feelings. He is a non Muslim. Remember you just need his help. " her inner self scolds her and she focuses her mind on studies again.

The next day,

They both are sitting in front of each other, he is on his laptop, writing his thesis , while she is busy in exploring that encyclopedia. He keeps on stealing glances at her. From time to time, when needs help, she asks and he clears her concept. Once she looks up, she catches him staring at her, she raises her brows in question,?

He senses, "Fatima! Can I ask a question? "

"Yes? "

"You used to wear that long cloth covering head to toe, earlier. And now you don't wear it usually but yesterday you were wearing it again on the bus? Ever worn, ever taken off? Why? "

His words feel daggered in her heart, she looks down, she's finding words to defend her point of view but it's difficult to make herself understandable in front of everyone.

Yejun notices her avoiding eye contact and not replying, he understands that there's something wrong.
He gives her a gentle smile, " for me you're different, no matter what you wear you'll always look beautiful ".

She gets lost in his smile and the words set her soul at peace and her heart on fire.

Perhaps she's losing herself to find and experience something new.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

( a guy can captivate women's eyes but a gentleman captivates her heart) .

.....................

💌

To all readers!

Don't forget to vote y'all and please follow me as well, till the next part, Allah Hafiz.

Your Nabi 🦋

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

132K 26.2K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
40.7K 3K 49
☆ AMAAN ULLAH ZAMAN ☆ 27 year old ex-marine who is now looking for some meaning in his life. After his father remarried he doesn't have a family to c...
44.9K 1.4K 56
Y/N is as usual breathtaking beautiful girl. She is a very sensitive girl. She used to love a person with all her heart. Allah had also given her the...
906 60 9
Wherein Kim Taehyung is The most wanted heartthrob of the university, and every person loves that boy but He is not approachable and far up in the sk...