Promise (Revali x Reader) (Re...

By mantafailure

(Y/N), the young prince(ss) and leader of the town of Zon'Hirith, has been chosen to be the fifth champion. O... More

A/N
🍃Vah-Windre🍃
🍃The Ceremony🍃
🍃Training🍃
🍃Music🍃
🍃I Won't Say🍃
🍃Not Outloud🍃
🍃Still Not Ready🍃
🍃Sleep Tight🍃
🔥The Calamity🔥
⛈️Dark Ending: Spirits⛈️
FOR READERS OF THE OG
🍃Good Ending: Future and Past🍃
🍃A Bow and an Accordion🍃
🍃The Shore🍃
🍃The Bazaar🍃
🍃The Secret Stone🍃
🍃Snowflakes🍃
A/N: Sorry for the wait
🍃Jealous🍃
🍃The Eye🍃
Help me with ideas pls

🍃Morning to Dawn🍃

22 1 1
By mantafailure

-Revali's POV-

"Hmm..." I grunted as I jolted awake, feeling something very soft wrapped around me. Of course, it was (Y/N). Their soft embrace keeping me close to them. "Oh. Right..."

I tried to get their arms to unwrap from me, but they hugged me surprisingly tight. "Don't tell me I'm stuck..."

How is it that I can take down any amount of monsters with just a bow, but can't escape from (Y/N)'s embrace?! I mean... they're strong, but I'm stronger!

I tried to shake him awake for a while, but gave up soon after starting. Guess I'll have to wait for them to wake up...

But I admit... I may not mind this. As much as I find love sickening, this isn't as bad as I thought...

After what felt like ages, (Y/N) finally woke up.

"Yawn..." They adorably looked at me with a dumb smile on their face. "Morning."

"Oh, you're finally awake." I sighed. "Let go of me this instant!"

"Huh? Oh." (Y/N) giggled, finally letting go of me. "Sorry, guess I get clingy when I sleep..."

As much as I wanna be mad at them... I can't bring myself to say anything mean. "I... It's fine."

We stayed in bed for a few extra minutes, just enjoying the comfortable silence between us. I had realized that my braids had come undone in my sleep. It's a real pain to tie them up alone...

"Ugh..." I sat up and reached over to the extra clips I had in case something like this happened. "My greatest enemy... tidying up my feathers."

"Stupid braids!" Why is it so hard to do this?!

"Hey, need help with that?" (Y/N) smiled. I guess I may have been struggling a bit too much...

"No. I can do this by myself. I don't need help." This should be easy! I don't need help to do my own feathers. I don't need help for anything!

"You sure...?" (Y/N) moved closer to me. "You know I'm here for you, love."

They really just had to play the 'calling me a cute nickname to convince me' card...

"... fine." I just can't say no to them. "Just don't make me look like a Horriblin..."

"Don't worry." They said as they started fiddling with my loose feathers. "You know you look really pretty without your braids too, right?"

"You... you think so?" I wasn't expecting that kind of compliment from anyone... I'm not the most confident of how I look without my braids or armor. Some have said my feathers are too long for a male... but (Y/N)'s the first to tell me anything positive about them.

"Mhm! Well, you always look pretty." I just woke up and (Y/N) has already made me blush...

"Hm... I know."

"There's the Revali I know and love."

"Aaand... done!" (Y/N) clapped their hands. "You have a mirror around here?"

"I have a few, I suppose..." In reality, I had a lot of mirrors. Why? Well... perfecting my appearance takes time, okay?

I reached over for one of the mirrors nearby to take a look at myself. Surprisingly enough, my braids were perfect! "Hm... not bad."

"Guess all those years of doing my own hair worked for something."

"I suppose I have to thank you..."

"No problem, love." (Y/N) hugged me tightly.

Immediately, I melted into the embrace. I just can't help myself with (Y/N). I really love them...

But soon, we were rudely interrupted by the sound of the princess' voice.

"Revali? Are you over there?" She sounded weirdly not as energetic as she usually was.

(Y/N) turned to me with confusion. What did the princess want?

"Yes, I'm here! What is it you need, princess?" I yelled back. I couldn't come down to talk with her for obvious reasons... the main ones being I'm not in a presentable outfit.

"We need all the champions to start training as soon as possible. You'll be paired with Link today. If you see (Y/N), please tell them about this, and that Daruk is waiting for them at Death Mountain." She sighed, and the sound of her footsteps getting away left me and (Y/N) in the clear.

"Guess we should get going..." (Y/N) said, getting up and reaching for their armor. I went to do the same, but... the silence wasn't as comfortable as it was a few moments ago.

"Okay, I'll say it... Why was Zelda so sad today?" (Y/N) abruptly asked as we stepped out of my hut.

"No idea... but I'm sure it's nothing." I shrugged it off. "She's probably just worried about the calamity nearing, is all."

"Maybe..." (Y/N) seemed to ponder about the situation as we walked down the stairs. When we finally made it to main land, we both went our separate ways. I was a tad sad that I couldn't spend more time with (Y/N), and extremely annoyed to have to spend time with that stupid Hylian and his stupid darkness sealing sword. Oh well...

-(Y/N)'s POV-

The day flew by quickly, and Daruk and I found ourselves relaxing in one of the infamous hot springs around Death Mountain.

I haven't mentioned this to anyone, but... with the calamity approaching quickly and my abilities still remaining unmastered, I was a bit stressed to say the least. Daruk noticed this and suggested we head down to one of the infamous hot springs around Death Mountain.

"Didn't I tell ya this would help?" Daruk chimed as we sat inside the hot spring.

"It is nice..."

I don't know how long we've been here, but I don't wanna ever get out. My long hair soaked in the warm water, which felt really good.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. But as I started to get lost in thought...

"Daruk! (Y/N)! Where are you?!"

I know that voice... that overly smug voice...

"Revali?"

Indeed it was him, accompanied by Link.

"Ah there you are! See, Hylian? I told you we would find them way sooner my way-"

He stopped right in his tracks when he turned his gaze at me.

Meanwhile, in Revali's head:

"Holy ravioli..."

His face went a little red.

"Oh, I think I know what's happening..."

"Hey! Is everything okay?" Daruk asked, getting out from the hot spring. I followed him.

"I... uh..." Revali kept staring at me, a small blush growing on his face.

"Revali, you okay?" I asked, looking down at him.

He didn't respond... until Link nudged him.

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah." He shook his head, managing to take a hold of himself. "We got a message from the princess. We have to go to Lanayru Promenade for some reason..." He grunts.

"Lanayru Promenade, huh?" Daruk scratched his head. "It's a long way from here, isn't it? We should get going!"

Before anyone else could get a word in, Daruk pulled Link onto his shoulder. "On we go!"

Revali grunted again, and we both followed the big Goron.

We walked through the fields and forest, Daruk and Link engaged in conversation, while Revali and I stayed right behind them.

Maybe I should talk with him about... y'know...

"Ahem..." I nudged him and slowed down the pace so we had a bit more distance from the other two champions.

"What is it now?" Revali asked.

"What was with you earlier?" I raised and eyebrow, my ears tilting along. "You were all weird and... flustered."

"Oh, uh..." He looks away. "I'm sorry, I-... It's just..." he sighed. "I don't know what got over me."

"Hey, it's okay, birdie." I grinned. "It's just... I thought you wanted to keep it secret, right?"

"I do! I know it was a mistake, and it won't happen again. I swear." He sounded serious. "... Also stop calling me that."

"Okay. One, no need to worry about it. It was really cute to see you all flustered... and two, 'birdie' is staying!"

He groaned. "Alright fine... I guess I'll allow it." The blush on his face came back for a few seconds. "Let's catch up, we don't wanna be left behind."

"Right. I forgot how fast Daruk is..." I chuckled and upped the pace, holding Revali's hand (or wing? I dunno) in mine.

A/N: Okay so Im gonna clarify some stuff.

1. I am NOT basing the future chapters on Age of Calamity cuz holy shit its too much lore

2. I got writers block while writing this so sorry if its kinda bad :(

3. WE'RE NEAR THE NEW STUFF LES GOOOOOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 720 12
Mirio x Tanaki Oneshots I'll try my best to check my grammar... Cover not by me.
211K 6.8K 27
Iida creates a chatroom for his fellow classmates but it doesn't go according to plan....
8K 249 7
Wallace wells from Scott pilgrim vs the world x male reader (or any reader.) Scott's friend moves back into Toronto where Scott invites him over. The...
247K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...