Undertale: Reason to Live

By narvaezmontoy

In this AU, Frisk is suicidally depressed, and it's up to Sans and Papyrus to restore his will to live. Just... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter: 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter 97

33 2 1
By narvaezmontoy

Napstablook wiped a few angry tears away and stared at his phone in disbelief for a second. He couldn't believe what he had just done. He had just told off his cousin. Surely now, Napstablook would be all alone…

The ghost's thoughts were interrupted when he felt Frisk giving him a side hug. Napstablook looked down through his angry tears to see the human child looking back up at him. Frisk gave Napstablook a knowing look of sympathy and continued hugging him as the latter tightly hugged him back. He wasn't alone anymore.

"Move forward with the plan," Napstablook said.

"Hell, yes," Calibri whispered hoarsely.

"Vengeance shall be ours," River added giving his son a high five.

"I'm already excited," Burgerpants replied. "What do we do first?"

"OUR PLAN IS CALLED OPERATION HUMILIATION," Calibri signed.

"What do you mean?" Frisk asked.

"FRISK, WE'VE BEEN WATCHING YOUR SHOW," Calibri signed. "THE AUDIENCE ABSOLUTELY ADORES YOU. THEY CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU. THEY LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT THEY STARTED TURNING ON METTATON JUST FOR GIVING YOU A HARD TIME ABOUT THAT RAGTIME PIECE. SO, WHAT IF WE DID SOMETHING TO PUSH METTATON COMPLETELY OFF THE RAILS?"

"Are you crazy?" Frisk replied. "He'll send me to an asylum!"

"No, he won't," Alphys finally spoke up. "Because he'll be dealing with a public relations disaster."

"How?" Frisk asked confusedly.

"I'm with the kid on this one," Burgerpants replied.

"To put it simply, we're going to subject Mettaton to the humiliation of his life," River said patiently. "Dr. Alphys is going to add a covert video surveillance app into your phone. After that, we are going to perform a song that offends Mettaton so much that he snaps and has no choice but to intervene. Then when he does, the app will live stream Mettaton's cruelty to everyone in the studio and those who subscribe to any of his streaming content."

"Understand now?" Alphys asked.

Frisk smiled and said, "Hell, yes! That sounds amazing! And you'll go on stage with me to do it? Even if you get in trouble?"

"Of course," River said. "Don't worry. We aren't just doing it for you. You're not the only who has had it with Mettaton, Frisk."

"YEAH," Calibri signed. "I'VE WANTED TO GET BACK AT HIM FOR YEARS."

"You have only worked with Mettaton for 11 months, Calibri," River retorted.

"IT FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY, DAD," Calibri replied. "TRUST ME."

Frisk's smile disappeared when he remembered Alphys. Mettaton was her greatest creation. He meant so much to her, and Frisk was about to mess all that up.

"Alphys?" Frisk asked. "Are you sure you're okay with this? Uh…Sans told me how important Mettaton was to you and…"

Alphys held her hand up, gave Frisk an understanding smile, and said, "It's fine, Frisk. I can build another one. I'll be okay. Honestly, I will be. After talking to Napstablook, I have realized that someone helping you out doesn't give them the right to be a jerk. I have let Mettaton push me around for too long. I won't put up with it anymore."

Frisk looked at Alphys curiously. Something told him that she understood more of where he was coming from than she let on. When he didn't break his stare, Alphys gave Frisk an awkward wink that only confused him more.

"Anyway," Alphys said. "Give me your phone, Frisk."

"Oh, yeah," Frisk said reaching into his pocket and handing his phone to Alphys. "Here, you go."

"It'll just be a few minutes," Alphys said pressing a bunch of buttons while walking away from the group to concentrate on what she was doing.

"Alrighty then," Burgerpants said triumphantly lighting a cigarette. "Now, what song do we perform?"

Frisk's smiled disappeared.

"Oh, shit," Frisk said. "I have no idea where to begin. It has to be something super offensive, but I don't know which one to choose. All the songs I've chosen have been super-offensive so far, but not enough to piss off Mettaton."

"We could just choose a song from one of Calibri's playlists," River said as Calibri pulled out his phone. "I know you'll find some offensive songs in there. I've memorized most of them by this point. He used to play them at full blast when he was 'doing his homework.' You'd think he was deaf."

"LOVE YOU TOO, DAD," Calibri signed as he scrolled through his list.

"Oh, crap," Frisk said. "That's another problem. I probably won't know any of these songs. I can use my determination to remember songs I've performed in the past, but I can't learn something new this quickly and you guys won't know any of the songs from the surface that I do. So, I'd have to perform by myself and just make the audience love me more. This isn't going to work."

"Don't say that, Frisk," Napstablook said. "Putting his hand on Frisk's shoulder. You got this far. Besides, a good deal of music from the surface has made its way down here. You'll probably recognize more than you think. As long as it's something politically-incorrect and not family-friendly in the slightest, it'll be sure to offend my cousin."

"That's all it takes to offend him?" Burgerpants asked with a smirk after taking a puff of his cigarette. "This'll be a piece of cake."

"ALRIGHT," Calibri signed handing his phone to his father so he could sign. "WE ALL NEED TO SIT DOWN AND PICK SOMETHING OUT. FRISK, DID YOUR PARENTS EVER TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY METAL?"

"My parents preferred grunge, but there were some 90's metal bands that they liked enough to teach me their songs," Frisk replied. "Do you know any 90's metal bands?"

"He knows every metal band ever made," River said sarcastically as he handed his son his phone back.

"Well, almost," Calibri whispered hoarsely. "Let's see."

The five of them sat down and watched Calibri scroll through band names.

"I don't recognize any of these bands," Burgerpants complained.

"OF COURSE, YOU DON'T, YA NORMIE," Calibri signed with one hand while scrolling with the other.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Burgerpants asked.

"Oh, I know that one," Napstablook said pointing to the screen.

"I don't," Frisk said. "I don't recognize a single band…Wait! My parents loved Nine Inch Nails."

"Really?" Napstablook asked in surprise.

"Well, they wouldn't let me listen to a lot of their music," Frisk said. "They said it was 'inappropriate.' I'm not sure why. They would listen to it to help them concentrate when they were having wrestling matches in their room."

"Wrestling matches?" River asked.

"Yeah, some nights, every week or so, they would have naked wrestling matches under their sheets, and they never let me participate," Frisk said in annoyance. "I don't know why. They sounded like they were having fun."

There was an awkward silence in the group for a second as everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Frisk.

"What?" Frisk asked.

"MOVING ON," Calibri signed to change the subject. "NINE INCH NAILS HAS SOME EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE SONGS. WE CAN'T USE THEM."

"But isn't that what we're looking for?" Frisk asked confusedly.

Calibri paused awkwardly searching for an explanation before Napstablook mercifully interrupted, "But you said you didn't learn to play any of those. They wouldn't work anyway."

"Yeah," Frisk said allowing the group to breathe a subconscious sigh of relief. "I guess that's true…Wait! Stop! Was that Tool?"

"YEAH," Calibri signed. "YOU KNOW TOOL?"

"Oh, yeah," Frisk said. "My parents loved them, not as much as Pearl Jam or Nirvana, but enough to teach me several of their songs. I didn't know they were a metal band."

"WHAT DID YOU THINK THEY WERE?" Calibri signed.

"I don't know," Frisk retorted. "Alternative?"

"Such a newb," Calibri said as he facepalmed.

"Be nice," River chided.

"ANYWAY," Calibri signed. "WHICH SONGS DID YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU?"

"Well," Frisk replied. "I remember 'Sweat.'"

"That one's not edgy enough," Napstablook surprisingly replied.

"YOU KNOW TOOL?" Calibri signed.

"I dabbled in metal a bit in high school," Napstablook replied.

"Prison Sex?" Frisk read from the phone.

"NO!" everyone said at once.

"Alright, geez," Frisk said in annoyance as he continued reading from the list. "How about 'Sober?' I did learn that one, well, the censored version."

"That one's good, but you already sang a song about alcoholism," Napstablook replied. "Didn't you? You don't want to be redundant."

"Who cares if it's redundant if it's effective?" Frisk asked before he finally saw the perfect song on the list. "Guys, I've found the perfect one!"

"THAT ONE?" Calibri signed selecting the song for everyone to listen to.

"Yeah," Frisk said. "My parents taught me the censored version of this one, too."

The others were skeptical as they listened to the beginning, but as soon as the chorus began, their faces all lit up in devious smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.5K 35
Sans has had an interesting past. A past that even his beloved brother barely even knows of. A past that he wishes could remain a secret. But when th...
25.2K 627 29
You are saved from being physically abused in public by a skeleton walking by. He helps you but your journey isn't over. From having a sex addict boy...
19.3K 465 13
~~~ [COMPLETE] After being set free from Frisk, Chara finds herself shoved into a new life that she didn't ask for. She's cold and distant for days...
1.1K 29 20
Having escaped their cruel imprisonment within Mount Ebott, monsters have settled on the surface for six years now. Their human savior, Frisk, now st...