The Birlas' - BHAVANA

By man1sh0

This is Part - 3 of a story that takes off from where it ended in The Birlas' - PARINAMA. It traces the life... More

DISCLAIMER
INTRODUCING THE BIRLA CLAN
INTRODUCING OTHER MAJOR CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - A)
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - B)
Chapter - 2: True Friend (Part - A)
Chapter - 2 : True Friend (Part - B)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - A)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - B)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - A)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - B)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - A)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - B)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - A)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - B)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - A)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - B)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - A)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - B)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - A)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - B)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - A)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - B)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - A)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - B)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Motherly Concern (Part - A)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - C)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - A)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - B)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - A)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - B)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - A)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - B)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - A)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - B)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - A)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - B)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - A)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - B)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - A)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - B)
Chapter - 21: Poppy And Ru (PART - A)
Chapter - 21: Motherly Face - Off (Part - B)
Chapter - 22: Aradhna and Neil (Part - A)
Chapter - 22: Aradhna and Neil (Part - B)
Chapter - 23: Kind of Confession (PART - A)
Chapter - 23: Kind of Confession (PART - B)
Chapter 24: Difficult Discussions (PART - A)
Chapter 24: Difficult Discussions (PART - B)
Chapter - 25: Point To Be Proven (PART - A)
Chapter - 25: Point To Be Proven (PART - B)
EPILOGUE

Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - A)

324 42 29
By man1sh0

Sorry for the delay guys! But I made the chapter longer!!

Please give me feedback. It is rather helpful!!

At The Pool Area, Birla House:

Roohi was on a phone call with Soha for the past 40 minutes and she was feeling much better after that. Soha found her stand correct and Roohi took it as a positive sign. She really hoped that her Chachu would come around and give in to her request. But until he says something, she can't even make an educated guess. 

Initially she wanted to go meet him and try convincing him again because she hated the waiting game but stopped herself when she saw him enter her father's room. She was getting worked up, so she called up Soha and her best friend helped her ease out.

Roohi rushed into her room right after the call and pulled out her favourite guitar which was gifted by her father. She remembered taking his autograph on it before her first big performance on stage during school days because he was going to miss the performance. 

There was a critical transplant surgery scheduled and he had no way out of it. Roohi was disappointed and she even threw a tantrum. She refused to perform if he failed to attend her function. Abhimanyu had to grovel, plead and coax her for hours to convince her of the importance of his presence during the surgery and explain her how important his part in it was. 

He made it a point to remind her how saving a life should always be prioritized come what may. Roohi knew it all, but she just didn't have the heart to perform with that disappointment. It was her first performance for heaven's sake. Abhimanyu understood her state and he approved of her disappointment which is why he put in those hours patiently to appease her.

Roohi saw how sad her father was to miss her first stage show. So, she eventually came around and only then he presented her with the gift he got for her first performance. Abhimanyu was strictly against the concept of bribing the kids to get them to comply. 

Abhimanyu believed that bribing encourages the give and take concept in kids. Without them understanding the depth of it, he refused to expose them to a complicated concept like that. It was complicated at least in his mind.

When children resort to making deals with parents, the parents are always at an advantage. It can never be a level playing field and the kids will be tricked into doing the bidding against their wish more often than not, in the hope to get something they want.  He found that unfair.

That was the law of nature, but the intention didn't echo with Abhimanyu's philosophy about a parent-child dynamic. He wouldn't approve his kids trying to cut deals instead of arguing, reasoning out or trying to convince him, every time they want something. Not when it starts looking like an easier and fool proof alternative. There shouldn't be a shortcut to it. This was not business after all. 

He would rather have his children succumb to love and emotions over succumbing to better prospects when they end up adhering his words. They shouldn't be needing an incentive to do that. The trust they have on their father, to know what is best for them, much better than them should be the driving factor.  

Not the scope of getting a compensation for complying.  

Abhimanyu would definitely find a way to reward them for their understanding and acceptance but would never let them know what made that possible. Not until they grew up enough to understand why the give and take policy can be tricky.

Once they get a hang of it, then two can play the game in a level playing field. But till then, he never disclosed the reason for surprises out of nowhere. Timing was the key to keep the mystery intact. Also, he never had to give explanation for pampering his kids without a reason. That is his right as father. Isn't it?

Roohi was reliving all the past memories she had with this lovely gift she got that day. It was the best guitar available in Udaipur with her initials engraved on it.  From the looks of it, she knew it was pre-planned. Her compliance didn't earn her that. The love her father had for her did. 

Roohi could sense how much, her getting convinced, meant to her father. Because he has been relentless in his efforts and too patient with her tantrums unlike his usual self. Roohi didn't like the frown on his face. She pecked her father's cheek to bring a smile on his face and that worked like magic.

Abhimanyu sweetly requested her to keep it close to her throughout the performance so that he can feel himself closer to her and be a part of the show in some kindRoohi obliged and made him sign the guitar to make the guitar extra special for her.  Abhimanyu didn't want to, but Roohi didn't let him say No.

Roohi caressed the guitar lovingly because she happened to share a lot of experiences and emotions with that guitar in her hands. She always felt her Poppy's presence around whenever she played that guitar

She chuckled at that thought and chided herself for being so melodramatic. She assumed all of that to be some kind of trickery carried out by her mind. The fact that she always leaned towards this guitar whenever her Poppy managed to miss her performance, may be a byproduct of the same trickery. Roohi tuned her guitar and struck a few chords absent mindedly. She naturally resorted to sing to calm herself down. 

In Abhimanyu's Room:

On the other hand, Neil came to Abhimanyu to tell him his decision and seek his opinion on it. Just because he was asked to decide, he would never discount valuable suggestions and ignore all their experience he can rely on. That would be arrogant and super foolish. 

But here, he also wanted to discuss with Abhimanyu about how he planned on handling himself in a situation, where he might have to face Akshara Sharma. Neil didn't want to take a chance with his Bhaiyya's healing. That would be his priority any given day. 

He even called up Rohan to ask him if he can take Abhimanyu's counsellor's opinion on Abhimanyu facing his past. They wanted to know from her if that would be a good move for Abhimanyu in this state. If she responded negatively, then he would do anything to keep his Bhaiyya away from that woman at any cost. He was determined.

With that determination, he was sitting there, waiting for Abhimanyu to finish his call. That's when he got Rohan's call. He immediately answered it and spoke, 

"Haan Bhai! Bolo. Aapki baat ho payi hain kya? Kya kahan unhone?" Neil was getting impatient.

"Calm down Neil. Haan meri baat hui hain unse. Unhone kaha hain ki sab Bhai ke uper hi hain. Agar Bhai ko sach mein lagta hain ki woh yeh kar sakte hain toh he should proceed with it. 

She believes that Bhai is too strong willed, and a survivor. Agar unhone tayi karliya kuch toh woh kar ke hi rahenge. Especially because Roohi involved hain, he wouldn't want to be the one pulling her back. 

So, chances are high that.......... he might actually bring his A- game on. Ultimately it all depends on his will power and willingness." Rohan conveyed what the counsellor happened to tell him. 

"Bhai! Yeh toh humein bhi pata hain na..... Kya aapne un se poocha...... ki unhe kya lagta hain? Is Bhai ready for all this? From her perspective? Did she answer that straight or she just gave an ambiguous answer like all the counsellors?" 

Neil asked condescendingly. He wasn't content with the answer she gave, and his tone made it very, very evident. "Neil!" Rohan admonished. 

"Woh antaryaami nahi hain. Counsellors are not gods to predict stuff. She is doing her job, and she has done really good so far. She was kind enough to respond so promptly and she doesn't deserve this attitude even behind her back." 

Rohan's tone was stern, and Neil backed off. "I am sorry. Main..." Neil apologized and Rohan immediately gentled his tone. 

"It's ok Neil. Hota hain. I understand. Jab pehli baar maine Hospital related koi decision liya tha na...mujhe bhi aisa hi feel hua tha. So, chill. It's fine." 

Rohan tried to assure Neil. Neil nodded as if Rohan could see him and stayed silent. "Neil!" Rohan called him and Neil was alert.

"Divyanka ne kaha tha ki, according to her, Bhai has always been ready and in fact over prepared for a situation like this. He has imagined and lived that moment and a whole lot of worst outcomes that it led to in his mind over and over again. 

He also, had managed to put them behind and go on with life like nothing happened. So, she doesn't doubt Bhai's capacity to face her or handle Akshara Sharma at all. Unki maane toh yeh ek tareeke se acha hi hoga Bhai keliye. 

Kam se kam woh iske bare mein overthink karke, worst cheezein assume karke, hurt toh nahi honge tab. He will only react to the situation and only deal with it instead of worrying about thousand other probable outcomes. 

Humein unki dil ki baatein ya woh kya soch rahe hain, yeh pata nahi chalega. He is too seasoned at masking his feelings. Itna try kiya hain itne saalon se ki naturally hojata hain ab toh. Unhe pata bhi nahi chalta hoga ab. Itni aadat ho chuki hain chupane ki.

Per is baar jo bhi hoga, actual mein hoga aur sabke saamne hoga. Obviously humein pata chalega. Hum unhe sambhal sakte hain. It is a great opportunity. Going by her words, it won't be such a big trouble." 

Rohan managed to present her point of view finally and Neil heaved a sigh of relief. He even felt guilty for talking like that about her. She was genuinely good at her job and her words gave him exactly what he was looking for. 

"Bura lag raha hain?" Rohan asked, breaking the silence. 

"Koi baat nahi. Tera aur counsellors ka chattees ka aankda raha hain hamesha se. Jab Bhai ne tujhe counsellor ke paas bhejne ki koshish ki, tu ne kya kya karname kiye aur kitni daant aur maar khayi hain. Main kabhi bhool hi nahi sakta. 

Woh toh jab se Abhir ko better hote dekha, tera nazriya thoda badal gaya unkeliye. Warna tujhe toh unke hone se hi problem hoti thi. You hated them and their profession with all your heart." Rohan teased him in a bid to lighten the mood.

"Ab woh sab kyun yaad karna hain aapko? Aapko mazaa aata tha na jab mujhe maar padti thi. Isliye itne ache se yaad hain aapko." Neil scoffed at him. 

Rohan chuckled and said, "Haan Beta bilkul. Maine kahan tujhe kabhi bachaya hain? Bhai ko kabhi distract nahi kiya maine cases ke bahane de kar. Tu toh khud ba khud bach nikalta tha. Hain na?" The taunt hit home. 

"Kya karta main bechara? Unko na taras hi nahi aata tha mujh per." Neil whined remembering all those incidents. 

"Abey chup kar. Bhai ko patience keliye Nobel prize dena chahiye. Tujh jaise dheet ko unhone jaise sambhala na..... itne pyaar se, koi nahin karta. Tu jaan ke gadbad karta tha aur lakh baar pyaar se samjhane ke baad bhi nahi samajhta tha. Kya karte woh?" 

Rohan came to Abhimanyu's defence and Neil frowned. "Maar maine khaye, bachaya aapne mujhe hain aur side le rahe ho Bhai ki. Aapka mental state toh theek hain na?" Neil remarked sarcastically. 

"Haan Beta! Ekdum theek hain. Wahan nahin hoon warna teri bhi chutkiyon mein theek kardeta. Rahi baat Bhai ko support karne ki aur tujhe un se bachane ki....toh sun meri baat. 

Tujhe jitna dard hua hoga na, us se kahi zyada dard unhe hota tha. Unko teri ankhon mein aansoon bardaash nahi they aur tu roz roz koi naya kaand karta tha. Woh bhi aisewale jinhe nazar andaaz kiya gaya toh tera hi nuksaan hota. 

Phir rokne se kahan rukta tha tu? Maar khake hi maanta tha aur rota tha. Dil toot hi jaata tha unka tujhe aise dekh kar." Rohan's tone was back to being admonishing.

Neil bit his tongue for driving the conversation in that direction. He knew that he had put all of them through a lot because of his antics and they all put up with him out of love. No matter how many times ever, he got chided for his acts, it was still less. By his own admission. So, Neil will always take it lying down. Neil's silence made Rohan stop with his rant.

"Acha chal jaane de. Teri class kisi aur din lunga main. Aise door se woh feel nahi aati. Teri pyaari si shakal bhi toh nahi dikh raha aise. Toh aaj rehne dete hain. Abhi tu mujhe bol ki kya decide kiya tu ne?" Rohan diverted the topic.

"Aapke bolne se pehle bhi maine yahi socha tha ki Roohi ki request galat nahi hain. Agar use is age mein clarity nahi milegi toh aagey bahut disturb ho sakti hain woh. Agar hurt bhi hogi toh hum sambhal lenge. Girke hi seekehegi na...Chachu pe gayi hain.

Neil's tone was even but there was some sadness. Rohan felt the shift in his tone and decided to put a stop on it right away before it manifested into something big. He did just that.

"Phir toh tension hi nahi hain. Agar tujhpe gayi hain aur tere raste chal rahi hain, toh woh ayegi lautke hamare hi paas na. Jaise tu aaya hain." 

Rohan kept it crisp but precise. Neil understood what that meant and responded, "Main ekdum theek hoon. Meri chinta chodo...Roohi ka socho." Rohan sighed but shifted focus.

Roohi bahut pyaari hain aur bahut pyaar karti hain. Uska tension nahi hain mujhe. Bhai keliye toh bahut long overdue tha. Ek baar mein baat khatam hojaye toh best hain. Baki ka baad mein dekhlenge. 

Lekin Abhir kaisa react karega?" Rohan's voice was full of concern. 

"Sabse zyada kareeb se Akshara ko aur unki manipulaton ko Abhir ne hi dekha hain. He will be the toughest nut to crack for her. Mujhe nahi lagta he is interested in having a bond with her. Usmein sirf gussa hain filhaal. 

Agar usne ek step liya bhi unki taraf toh galat nahi hoga na. Kabhi na kabhi toh hoga hi..." Neil was cut off by Rohan, "

Yeh tu keh raha hain Neil? Yeh chamatkaar kaise hua?" Rohan was amused. 

"Aisa kuch nahi hain. I am just prepared for everything Bhai. I am confident also that...... agar woh unki taraf agey kadam badhayega toh bhi hum se door nahi hoga. Ek kadam se kya hi hojayega? I don't think we will have to stop him, because I believe that he will not even put us in that spot." Neil spoke honestly. 

"Then go for it my Sher. Hum sab hain tere saath. Bas Bhai se ek baar baat karle. Hmm!" Rohan assured him for the nth time, and he was grateful for all the encouragement.

"Bhai! Aap Anu ko leke aajao na raat ko dinner ke liye. Sab milke Roohi ki participation celebrate karenge. Aap bhi mil lo us se. Jab se usne aapko sari baat batayi, aap mile nahi us se. Acha lagega use bhi." Neil suggested and Rohan obliged. 

"Done. Main cake lete aaunga. Maa ko boldena mere favourites banwaye. Bye" Rohan cut the call and Neil couldn't help the smile on his face. 

To Be Continued.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 5.5K 44
Premraj Khanna, a father who broke his own children and family apart. He disowned his daughter in the name of protecting his family name. Priyanka Kh...
1.9K 241 6
"I HATE YOU" "And it kills me, that I can never stop loving you" How had they gotten so close? The fire of rage, hurt, love and longing, burning in t...
8K 785 14
"What Happens Now" was what had 𝗍roubled the Roy Choudhary's when Aniruddh 𝗁𝖺𝖽 brought Manorama as his second wife. "What Happens Now" that Anir...
1.9M 86.2K 56
This story needs to be edited. Highly edited. Read it on your own risk, there are numerous grammatical errors. Love y'all! "What the hell that is no...