It will always be you (OC x A...

By princesssukuna

Being a superhero definitely had its perk. Saving people, being admired, and being the best role model for th... More

Michelle Yagi - Volten
Do I have to?
I should have stayed back
Now What?
Class in session
I tried
I'm Sorry
Take Two
Sports Festivals
Break time
Peace of Mind
First Date
One Step At A Time
Just friends?
do you trust me?
Golden

no matter what

8 0 0
By princesssukuna

⚡︎24 years ago⚡︎

Michelle - 6 years old

I was dragging my feet towards my front door. Exhausted mentally and physically from yet another long day of training with the hero commission. This was the first time my training ran super late. I'm not even sure what time it was, but the stars and the moon were shining bright up in the sky, and the streets were quiet. I grabbed on to my door knob and looked over at my best friend's apartment door. "I'm sorry I missed another playdate with you. I hope you can forgive me, Shouta." I whispered as guilt built up in me. I winced as I turned the knob. My fingers, hand, arm, hell my whole body just ached from such intense training. I never wanted to start training. I never cared about my quirk, but seeing how happy Toshinori got when I got the offer to train as a pro-hero so early made me sad. He was quirkless, but determined to find a way to always help people.I felt guilty. A boy who wished for a quirk and a girl who didn't want hers.

I walked in expecting a dark, quiet house. To my surprise I see a dimmed light shining over our small dinner table. My slightly older brother was sleeping on it.

Toshinori abruptly woke up when I closed the door behind me. "You're home!" He smiled as he quickly stood up and ran into the kitchen. "Why are you still up? It's really late." I dropped my backpack and took off my shoes as quietly as I could. Our dad fell ill a few days ago, so it has only been Toshinori and I taking care of one another. Another reason why I agree to continue my training. I overheard that the hero commission would be giving our dad a weekly stipend depending on my improvement. The more obedient I was, the more money he would get. "I needed to make sure you arrived safely. I made you some curry, so I hope you like it!" As he sat the hot plate on the table, tears started to form as I pouted. I wasn't sure if I was tearing up because my brother cooked me a meal, stayed up late, dad being sick, or the pain I was feeling in my bones. I was overwhelmed with emotions and I just needed to let it out. I want to quit, but how can I think that when it kept a roof over our heads, food on the table, and my brother cheering me on. "What's wrong Mims?". His face softened as I cried quietly behind my bandaid hands. It all felt so much.

Toshinori grabs my trembling hands and inspects them carefully. Looking puzzled, almost like he didn't know how to react. I can't make him worry. I can't. "T-t-thank you..f-for dinner." I sniffled out as I forced a smile. "Michelle.." He wipes a tear from my face, "I know times are tough right now, but I believe in you. You will become the best pro-hero ever. I will always be your number one fan and will always be supporting you the whole way. I will be there no matter what. Don't give up."

⚡︎present day⚡︎

"Are you ready?" I was in my new spacious office. It had a beautiful view of the city, which meant I had lots of natural light. I look up to Hawks as he flops on the couch that was in the middle of my office."I am, but suddenly I'm nervous. Is that normal?" I asked, as I gathered the files and my laptop. "Of course it is, but what are you so nervous about? Your plan is perfect." He gets up as he follows behind me leaving my office. "I know, but I think some people might not agree on some things." We walked into the elevator and I pressed the button to the floor where the meeting was taking place. I had just come up with a rescue plan to get Bakugo back from the League of Villains and it involves a lot of police officers, and pro-heroes. "Who would get mad at your plan?" It's like the universe wants to punish me even more. Just when he said that, the elevator door opened and there he was.

Aizawa locked eyes with me the second the door opened, and quickly looked over at Hawks who was standing right behind me. We both moved to the side, allowing him and Kan, also known as Vlad King. The homeroom teacher for class 2-A. Hawks and I nod at them as they walk in. Hawks leans over my shoulder, "Whoever doesn't agree with your plan, they're simply a moron and don't understand your intelligence." I slightly elbowed him in his stomach so he could shut his mouth. "So the rumors are true," We turn to face Vlad King who is looking down at us with an arched eyebrow. "You work for the Hero Commission now, Volten?". Relief washed down my body. "Yes she is! She was selected by no other than Madam President herself! She knows Volten is such a talented pro-hero that she knew she could take on any responsibility!" He gave them both a smirk as he laid his arms on my shoulder. The doors finally open, and I shrug his hands off of me. Walking out first from the elevator to get away from the awkwardness, only to be stopped by All Might.

He stood in front of me with his arms crossed his chest, looking down on me irritated. "So, accepting this position also gave you a personal assistant?" I follow his eyes and see Hawks once again standing right behind who is now following me around like a puppy. "He's not my personal assistant. He's a colleague just like everyone else is in this building." I furrow my eyebrows. I'm too exhausted and I need to leave this situation before it gets ugly. "You're choosing the wrong path. You should -" "I asked for All Might, not for a fake savior. You either go into the meeting room right now or I'm taking you off this mission." His face softened at my quick reaction and his arms unfolded. He turned around and walked away. I thought getting rid of him would help me relax, but now I feel even worse. I barely slashed out on him.

"So he was one of the readers that read that article?" I face Hawks with a confused face. Waiting for him to elaborate . "The article." He pulls up his phone and shows me the article that Toshinori showed me about a possible romance between me and Hawks. "I got told by one of my assistants the minute it got published. I knew it was something you didn't want people to see, so I wiped it down from the internet. No trace at all. Just this screenshot that I have." It makes sense now why none of my friends texted me about it. They never saw it. I really do hope no one else I know saw it. "Thank you for that. I didn't know you knew about it." Hawks smile at me. "Now go show them what you can do. Let me know if you need me at all." He leaves as I make my way inside the meeting room.

It was already full of all the pro-heros I have called in for today, a few of the police officers including detective Tsukauchi who was in the front waiting for me with principle Nezu. I make my way through, avoiding eye contact as I set up quickly and start the meeting. "I want to thank everyone who showed up today. We all know what we're here for and that is to save one of UA's students Bakugo Katsuki and put an end to the League of Villains. Each and everyone one of you will have an important role for this mission, so I need everyone's cooperation no matter what." I look around and I see everyone nodding in agreement. I can feel my hands starting to sweat, but I couldn't just ask for encouragement. Breath Michelle. Breath. You got this. You will prove to everyone that you can do this. "Now this is what will happen."

⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎

The meeting went a lot better than expected. No one really questioned me, which was a surprise, because I was at least expecting Endeavor to give me a hard time, but he didn't. The only one who flinched was Aizawa when I asked him, Vlad King, and principle Nezu to do a press conference right after the meeting to calm down the public about the kidnapping of Bakugo. I know he has always hated the media, but no one else knows Bakugo more than his own homeroom teacher. He may not talk to me for another few days, but right now I keep reminding myself that it shouldn't be my main concern. I didn't get to see the conference on TV, but I was able to hear it over the radio as I was finishing up gathering everything we needed for this exact moment.

Tsukauchi and I were standing outside where the League of Villains hideout was tracked. Everything was going just as I planned, but it's just too smooth. A huge explosion came from the top of the building. "What's happening?!" Tsukauchi yelled over his radio communicator. "Everyone vanished! Including Bakugo!" All Might yelled. I felt my body run cold. This couldn't be. We have both places covered. How? I locked eyes with Tsukauchi who looked stressed out just like me. Wait. Both places. "The second hideout! They transporter to-" my radio communicator got kicked out of my hand from a Nomu that just appeared next to me. I quickly dodge its punch and jump up to kick him down with an electric kick. I look around and we're surrounded by a bunch of Nomus that emerged from the ground. I look up and see All Might flying out. I wanted to follow too, but I couldn't let the police officers handle all these monsters by themselves. I took off my trench coat and started to help take down the Nomus one by one. Even though I wasn't in my hero suit, I still decided to wear some khaki pants and a sleeveless black turtle shirt, giving me room to fight. "Volten!" The detective yelled at me, "Head over to All Might! No one is answering back on what's happening!" I took down one more Nomu by electrocuting it. "Are you sure?" I was worried, they weren't going to handle them. "We got this covered! Just go!" He yelled back.

I ran towards the second hideout, hoping I wasn't too late. When I arrived my eyes widened at the scene that was unfolding. The area was wiped out and everything was destroyed down to the ground. I spotted All Might with Gran Torino and when I saw their opponent, my heart dropped. All for one. Seeing this fight was giving me major Deja Vu. The day that not only did he take our mentor but someone who was a mom to us. Nana. All Might and Gran Torino looked very beat up. I can tell All Might was starting to lose his stamina, and I was getting anxious that his true form was about to be revealed. All for one threw a huge attack, causing a huge quake. I got down to the floor covering my face from the impact. I looked up as the dust was clearing up. What I was seeing wasn't All Might anymore, it was his true form. "Toshinori!" I yelled out for him. I started hyperventilating. The world has now seen his true form, and here I was just frozen on the floor, watching everything unfold in front of me. Move Michelle. You idiot. Be useful for once in your life!

I blink making everything go slow in my vision. I look up again and notice AFO is about to attack again. I need to help. I can't fail my own brother. I felt the electricity running through my body. I pushed myself up and ran towards the fight. I transferred all my power into my fist. "All for one!" I yelled, throwing my electric punch towards him who was levitating from the floor. He turned to face me and our punches collided causing another huge explosion. "Volten. So nice for you to join us. I was worried that you were going to stay hiding in the shadows." He grabbed my fist and jolted it up, making my grunt in pain as I'm hanging down. "You think you can save your precious brother? The one who was forced to be stuck with you? Do you not understand that he felt pity towards you? An unwanted child, thrown into a house where they didn't want her either. Abandoned by your mother and your father doubting that you were his until his last breath. Are you sure you are wanted, Michelle? " Anger filled me up. The way he knew me so well scared me and I felt right into his trap. He lifted me up more into the air and threw me with a strong force down. It was just so fast, that next thing I knew I landed on my back and threw out blood from my mouth.

"Michelle! What are you doing here?" Gran Torino helped me get up. " I- I need to help Toshinori." I said as I got up again and wiped the blood out of my mouth. "This isn't your fight, Michelle." "The hell it is! Toshinori has always been there for me even when I pushed him away. I know we were in a dumb stupid fight, but this is serious! I can't let him continue like this!" I ran towards him again, but Torino grabbed me before I could get closer. "Michelle! You need to let him do this on his own!" He yelled at me as he held me down. I look up and I see Toshinori's arm purple. Tears started to roll down my face and I fell to my knees. "Torino, please" I cried. "He's my big brother. Please. I can't lose him from my life. I-I-I still need to apologize. There's too much I need to tell him! Please! Please Torino. Please." He held on to me closer. I see my brother throw one last punch. The impact caused one last explosion and my heart was racing. Anxious as the dust was clearing out. I covered my mouth as I saw All Might standing up with his fist up. He made it. He survived. He won.

All Might quickly turned into his human form and pointed straight behind him. This is Deja Vu. "Now. It's your turn." he said. The exact words what Nana told him before she died. Now, I knew exactly who those words were meant for. He dropped his arm, and Torino finally let me go. I ran towards him. He turned around with a smile on his face. The same smile he will always give me. The smile that brought comfort for me. A smile that showed me that I am wanted. I cried as I hugged him. Feeling his thin and weak body. It was obvious he was seriously injured, but holding him was a whole different narrative."Toshi..I'm.-" He hugged me back and I could feel his body shaking. "Michelle.." I heard him sniffling. "I'm so glad you are alive! I couldn't have asked for a better sister. No matter what, I will always look forward to living knowing my little sister is in my life. Thank you." We held on to each other as we cried. Grateful that we still have each other. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 68 12
Mina Ashido knew one thing about her friendship with Izuku Midoriya-that she could get hurt. A friendly, popular guy with a girlfriend taking a likin...
5K 181 30
Despite not having the best quirk for hero work you decide to apply to U.A anyway and unknowingly become the one and only candidate to inherit One Fo...
252K 7.4K 30
Welcome to Book 2 of How You Became A Hero! Read on as you continue to get stronger alongside Izuku and your friends. New friends and enemies will be...
849K 33.2K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...