Through Life, Through Death:...

By 221b_blogger101

When his death took you from him, it was only fair for your death brought him back to you. Through life, thro... More

Chapter 1 - Return
Chapter 2 - The Sweetest
Chapter 3 - The Brooklyn Bridge
Chapter 4 - New Tricks
Chapter 5 - Eggs
Chapter 6 - Cannibal Town
Chapter 7 - Rosie
Chapter 8 - Big Boss
Chapter 9 - Paimon
Chapter 10 - Secret Exhibit
Chapter 11 - The Bar
Chapter 12 - Dear friend
Chapter 13 - A little help
Chapter 14 - The Expedition
Chapter 15 - Palace on the hill
Chapter 16 - Business or boredom?
Chapter 17 - Endless Maze
Chapter 18 - Alone
Chapter 19 - Fireflies and butterflies
Chapter 20 - A Romantic Scene
Chapter 21 - Suggestions
Chapter 23 - Blind Pig
Chapter 24 - Long, long time
Chapter 25 - Late night visit
Chapter 26 - Shotgun Fun
Chapter 27 - Carnage
Chapter 28 - Clean Up
Chapter 29 - Proof and Denial
Chapter 30 - Footage
Chapter 31 - Death retold
Chapter 32 - Intruders
Chapter 33 - The Blade
Epilogue

Chapter 22 - Glimmering Ruby

2.6K 136 54
By 221b_blogger101

Alastor stood pacing at his door, checking his watch as the time ticked closer to half past seven. Just a few more seconds, and that would be it. Tick... tick... tick!

7:30

He swings the door open, crossing the hall to knock at your door. It was rhythmic and hurried, though he didn't mean to sound as so. A gentle "come in" was heard. "Always on time,"

"It wouldn't be very gentleman-like of me to be late, now would it?" He closed the door behind him, watching your reflection in your vanity. Just as earlier, you sat there with a warm smile, gesturing him closer. "Mind helping a gal out?" In your held-out palm, you present him with a very familiar ruby necklace.

"Y/n?" Alastor called out from your front door, waiting and hearing no answer to his relief. He puts the two hairpins away and pushes your door wide open, walking in and then kicking it shut.

It was your birthday, and you had been much too busy to think about any date except the museum's deadline. Alastor knew this, so he took it upon himself to set up the very best surprise he could put together all by himself.

Of course, since this was for you, he went above and beyond what he would usually bother with. Balloons, a fresh cake, presents, colourful candles, streamers and a banner. All were placed correctly and ready for your arrival just as you reached your doorstep. The sound of the door unlocking made Alastor quickly strike a match and light all the candles.

Even with the current rough spot in the economy, your dear friend Alastor had curated something beyond anything you would have ever expected.

Your eyes were weary, trained on the ground as you slumped against your door and tossed your purse to the side. "Why can't people just do their jobs?" Your complaint echoes from the front, unknowingly hitting listening ears. Shoes tucked back into their spot by the door as you lay your coat over the couch.

"Surprise!" Alastor pulls at a party popper. With every right, you let out a quick shriek and end up stumbling back against the couch before toppling over. "Y/n??"

"Ow..." you groan, laying against the floor with one hand massaging a sore spot on your head.

"Oh, dear," he rushes to the freezer for some ice, bringing it over and placing it on the sore spot. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," you couldn't help but laugh, "you scared the absolute life out of me!" You smack the towel he wrapped the ice in against his arm.

"I didn't mean to!" He counters apologetically, laughing along with you. "I'll be sure to lay off on the surprises," Alastor places a gentle kiss on the spot you had accidentally bumped.

"What's the surprise anyway?" You slowly get back to your feet, finding your answer right in front of you.

Scattering the ceiling, colourful balloons floated about, a few stuck on either side of the banner taped to the cupboards in the kitchen. Upon the counter was a classic chocolate cake with 'Happy Birthday' inscribed in red icing and a few candles placed around. Not to mention, the three gifts settled beside the cake, all wrapped by Alastor. He did try his best. But it was more than just perfect.

"Oh, Alastor..." your hands rested against your chest, your rapid heart beats roughly against your chest, a multitude of emotions rushing over like a tsunami.

"I hope you like it,"

"I love it," you turn and give him a big hug, the hold so sweet and warm, you could feel yourself melting. With the candles slowly burning, you spent no time hastily making your way over and looking up at him. "Please don't sing happy birthday, I never quite know what to do,"

Alastor chuckles, walking over and taking one hand, "Happy birthday to you," he sings softly, pulling you closer to his chest, "Happy birthday to you," he sways from one side to the other, "Happy birthday, my gorgeous, darling Y/n..." under his control, you spun around in a trance, his words echoing in your chest like your racing heart, bouncing off each string like the tug at a harp. "Happy birthday to you,"

The candles went out the second you got the chance to. This wasn't about cake or balloons; it was about the time you had now with a man who had no idea how terribly in love you were with him.

You finally face Alastor, regaining composure after realising exactly how close you both were. While one hand held your waist, the other now had a present held up. "You didn't have to,"

"But I wanted to," he says as you quickly unwrap and reveal an antique emerald velvet box. Inside was a Victorian-style necklace with the vision of a perfect Ruby dangling by a chain. "Happy birthday, my sweet Y/n," a kiss placed gently on your cheek, so painfully close to your lips you just wished he'd take the chance.

"You kept it? All these years?" He takes it into his hold, letting the cold metal carefully lay on your neck.

"Only for the most special occasions," you place a hand over the gem. "Can't have a hellbent sinner try to come after it,"

He laughs, finally clasping the necklace together and resting both hands on your shoulders, "You look stunning, my dear; I may have to change," he places a kiss on your cheek, "shall we?"

Slightly taken aback, you nod in agreement while cat got your tongue. You take his arm, finally feeling that sense of somewhat normality from life returning as you both start a causal conversation while walking down the hall. If it weren't for the change in looks, it would seem as though you were both making your way to a speakeasy like every other Saturday afternoon.

"Oh. My. God." Charlie drew all attention to you and Al, who were much more dressed up than usual.

"How are you not working off a hangover?" Angel rubs his head, "I know it's like seven at night, but either you two got some freaky 1920s magic to stop it or-"

"Or we just know how to deal with it," you counter.

"Either of you want a pre-bar drink?" Husk cleans up two glasses and places them on the counter.

"I would mind one, would you?" Alastor looks for a nod before he lets you guide him to the bar. "My usual, good man,"

"Gin Rickey, for me," you conjure cash and place it on the counter, "keep the change," you muse teasingly.

"Charming," Husk rolls his eyes, taking the cash and stuffing it in his pocket.

"It's only fair, considering you'll be paying all night," you lean your elbow on the counter, directing it to Alastor.

"Will I now?" He asks bemusedly, taking his drink from Husk.

"Don't you usually?" You give a quick 'thank you' to Husk before you and Alastor cheers and down half the drinks in an instant.

When you put down the glass, the light hits the necklace, making Nifty verbally awe at its shine. "Pretty!" She scurries up and raises both hands in an attempt to hold it. While it wasn't a large and chunky necklace it still would catch the eye of most.

"Why thank you, sweetie," you chuckle, conjuring a mimic of the necklace which would disappear as soon as it turned midnight. Yes, like Cinderella. You still hadn't quite figured out longevity of some of your magic.

"My precious," her giggle turns to a cackle as she scampers away.

"What an odd and twisted little mind," you hum, turning back to Alastor who held a closed-mouth smile. One which evidently freaked everyone out but you, "what is it now?" You tease.

"Nothing," he dismisses, finishing his drink quickly, wanting nothing more than to dance the night away, listen to jazz, empty a bar, and be surrounded by enough chatter to keep moral high and glasses even higher. "Shall we?"

As the both of you were in your own little bubble, it didn't stop everyone around from staring, completely speechless.

"Oh they're totally going to fuck," Angel hums casually, as if it were prophetic.

~~~

Vox at our wedding <3 (no Anna cameo because I'm wife-ing this man tf up)

- Anna ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.9K 2.4K 22
❝𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘦𝘵-𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘊𝘭𝘺𝘥𝘦 ❞ You both went through it all, from being childhood best friends, partners in crime to b...
663K 19K 42
⚠️WARNING⚠️: This story was written and published before the first season was fully released! Details and revelations after the pilot episode were no...
253K 10.4K 44
(𝔜𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔢! ℌ𝔞𝔷𝔟𝔦𝔫 ℌ𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔩 𝔵 𝔉𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔫 𝔄𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩! ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯) ♥︎♥︎♥︎ "𝕀 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚...
50.6K 1.1K 33
Swore her loyalty, sold her soul was the two first things she regret doing when falling into hell. To make sure she couldn't run away, they took away...