It's a Lengthy Exposition on...

By LestatDesade

not just posting but also explaining the meaning and techniques and inspiration behind it, since I always fe... More

Notes on Supplies
2019 works
sad pretty goth boys with complex sex lives
i have sex dreams of Taylor Swift
god is dead and i replaced him
nasx and gay hell appropriation
time for cat
obsessive contagious disorder
its pride month
thin privilege
the ballad of Dr Kale
feline fine
its a pomegranate not a disease
color
found old fanfic drafts
surgeons cut #1
surgeons cut #2
1000 ways to die i guess
the asylum
oh no its all awful
Vintage Free Use Images

illustration technique with marker

1 0 0
By LestatDesade

This was a small experiment I did. I used markers to do an "underpainting", then used colored pencils on top of it. I guess the main theory was that when you use the pencils, even when you blend like a maniac, it does show underneath. Which is why using a gray paper makes it look so nice. So I wanted to use the warm from the bright tones of the marker to make the shading look less flat.

Ok. So this was layer #1

It looks like ass though admittedly I do like her nose even though I typically try to make less cartoons faces by adding more details.

Ok here do here you can see it with the pencil on top.

I added more dark on the line work.

Tbqh when I started writing this I kinda remembered hating that drawing but looking back to it, it's not quite as dismal as I recall. Tho I will say that the undertones did absolutely fuck all, as far as I can tell. Except maybe like, kill an hour of my time and waste ink.

This is another one where I just used like, a gray scale undertone. I'm not sure the undertones actually does anything. I came in here wanting to be like, man fuck that, it doesn't do anything! But now, idk. I will say that I need to do it again.yknow, just incase.

Idk sometimes when I work with pencils I feel like I never really blend out that white 100% yet when I did this I kinda feel like it made no difference even though, logically, filling the paper with an underlying color SHOULD be doing more.

Also I kinda fumbled it a bit with the snow on the cardinal, BUT a family member wanted it so I guess it can't be that bad of a drawing.

Colored pencils to me almost feel like, a kids toy in that when I use them I am always worried that my art will look too juvenile so in my head I'm like, I gotta ELEVATE that colored pencil. Lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603 68 29
This is my 1st story so don't judge me
7.3K 685 200
The first poem i wrote for creative writing. The rest is my life and what I feel or what I think, so please don't judge. Thanks!
284 38 52
„Memoir" (french: memory) //unfortunately, I can't turn off the swirling thoughts and memories in my head, but at the same time there is so much I n...
250 100 100
⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️ if any of the tagged things are sensitive to read about or makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not read! I'd hate to be the r...