The Birlas' - BHAVANA

By man1sh0

This is Part - 3 of a story that takes off from where it ended in The Birlas' - PARINAMA. It traces the life... More

DISCLAIMER
INTRODUCING THE BIRLA CLAN
INTRODUCING OTHER MAJOR CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - A)
Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - B)
Chapter - 2: True Friend (Part - A)
Chapter - 2 : True Friend (Part - B)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - A)
Chapter - 3: Truth Revealed (Part - B)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - A)
Chapter - 4 : Plan Of Action (Part - B)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - A)
Chapter - 5 : All Is Good In The Hood (Part - B)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - A)
Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - B)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - A)
Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - B)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - A)
Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - B)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - A)
Chapter - 9 : Head On (Part - B)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - A)
Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - B)
Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - A)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - A)
Chapter - 12: Is That A Green Signal? (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Motherly Concern (Part - A)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - B)
Chapter - 13: Mother's Concern (Part - C)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - A)
Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - B)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - A)
Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - B)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - A)
Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - B)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - A)
Chapter - 17 : Stockholm Syndrome (Part - B)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - A)
Chapter - 18: Victim (PART - B)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - A)
Chapter - 19: It's Finally Time (PART - B)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - A)
Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - B)
Chapter - 21: Poppy And Ru (PART - A)
Chapter - 21: Motherly Face - Off (Part - B)
Chapter - 22: Aradhna and Neil (Part - A)

Chapter - 11: Roohi's Reasons (Part - B)

282 40 90
By man1sh0

Next part only after a decent response. Till then, enjoy reading this.

Best
Manisha Krishna

In Abhir's Room:

Roohi continued....

"But jab cheezein mind mein crowded hogayi and Poppy ne meri musical career ke liye haan kardi, he cleared a lot of things that were bothering me, and he told me it was okay to follow the same route as my mother. He has no issues with it........

I was relieved to say the least after a long struggle with my emotions. After that, I was blaming myself for being stupid enough to not share them with my personal healer." She pointed to Abhimanyu and he gave a faint smile. 

"But itne mein it so happened that main Abhir se jealous ho gayi. Phir se. It was just a fleeting thought, but I didn't like it. Per iss baar maine same galti repeat nahi ki. Maine Poppy se confess kiya and he helped me out of it. 

Poppy told me that I wasn't the reason his marriage broke and apologized for not being able to stop her. But I already knew that it wasn't his fault because he can do anything for us. It must be her who backed out." Roohi looked at Abhimanyu while saying this.

"That's why Bhai shared about Aksharaji and his past with you?" Neil joined the dots and Roohi nodded. 

"Mujhe bhi bahut kuch tabhi pata chala tha. Aapki wajah se. Thanks Di. Warna abhi tak cheezein chupake hi rakhte mujhse." Abhir taunted Abhimanyu despite his drowsiness.

Abhimanyu gave a helpless look to his son. He knew for a fact that his son will taunt him about this for eternity and he couldn't even complain about it. 

"Even I hated her for what she did to Poppy but......" She took a deep breathe and continued.

"Phir bhi jab waqt aaya, I got carried away. Main gayi thi...... to ask her to retract the interview per wahan jaake mere ander hopes jaag gaye. I had too many expectations and they crashed badly." Roohi's tone expressed her disappointment. 

"Then why are you insisting on being in the same situation again Roohi? Aren't we supposed to learn from our mistakes just like you mentioned?" Neil questioned. 

"I am learning Chachu. I am. Main ab unke saamne ek weak, under confident, someone who was seeking acceptance and someone who has expectations.... banke khadi nahi rahungi. I want to show her who I really am. 

I want to prove it to her that it is her loss, not mine, that she left me behind to never turn around and check on me ever. I want to give it back to her for treating me badly and hurting my sentiments. I want to make my own opinion of her, and I want to face her without inhibition.

I want a CLOSURE Chachu." 

Roohi almost snapped unintentionally but quickly composed herself. She mouthed a sorry and paused for a minute. Then she mustered her voice from deep within, once again and tried,

Isse zyada mujhe kuch nahi kehna hain. Mujhe yeh bhi nahi pata if I conveyed my point clearly. But I said what I felt. Aagey aap jo bologe woh hoga. I won't try to convince you again. 

Kyunki aap mujhse toh better hi jaante ho ki ...... what's right for me. I mean it.

Roohi declared honestly and walked out of the room. She did her bit and now it's upto the ones she trusted with her life, to decide.

At The Pool Side:

Roohi went to the pool side and sat there dipping her feet in the cool water of the pool. The water in the pool and their gentle movements always soothed her. She was just thinking of everything she spoke and was trying to decode what the boys must be thinking right now. 

No matter how badly she wanted to take part in the show, she had decided to leave the ball in their court. She would not ditch them again for that woman. Not in this lifetime at least. 

But she also couldn't help thinking about the reasons she left UNSAID. She really wanted to show Akshara how happy they are, as a family, without her. 

All her life, ever since Akshara has become a celebrity, Roohi has only seen her happy face and her lovely media interactions when everybody praised her and her achievements. She never managed to see her downside while on the other end, all Roohi showed Akshara was her vulnerability. 

She didn't miss the smirk on Akshara's face when she accepted that she had come to the audition alone. She so badly wanted to wipe that smirk off her face with choicest of words, but she couldn't. 

Roohi weaponized her music to unsettle her already and when Akshara had praised her, right after getting insulted by her, Roohi felt a different high. She was content with that. She loved how powerful she felt then and her hurt kind of took a back seat for some time. 

Roohi understood that very moment that her happiness and her success would do a number on Akshara. That's when she thought, how will Akshara potentially deal with so much happiness and cheer when she gets to see the entire Birla family together, cheering for her. Right in front of her eyes. 

She desperately wanted Akshara to regret leaving them behind. That would soothe her heart to a great extent. She also decided not to leave an opportunity to express how happy she is, how amazing her family is and how happening her life is. She wanted to see Akshara's reaction, and she was sure that she wouldn't appreciate it much. 

Roohi didn't want to miss out on returning all the love Akshara showered on her family. She wished to give her a return gift which will be the real success for her.

Roohi had lot of thoughts swirling in her mind, but she knew that if she even said one of them aloud, her family won't let her go ahead with it. Her father especially is not a believer in all this stuff. So, she tried her best to not reveal these reasons which are also a part of why she wants to take part in the show. 

She was anxiously awaiting the response and was hoping that it would be in her favour. Otherwise, all her plans would fall flat, and she will lose the only opportunity to get back at Akshara Sharma

In The Lounge:

On the other side, Neil just slumped on the couch and palmed his face. Roohi's revelations disturbed him. Problem intensified because he didn't find her wrong at all. He would have reacted that way too. The fact that she just gave her reasons and left everything on them to decide was worrying him.

Roohi wasn't the one to give up easily until she was convinced otherwise and here, she walked out even before he could try convincing her. He was very sure about how badly she wanted to take part in it, and he was on the edge. He wanted to give in, but something was holding him back. Roohi's behaviour didn't help either. 

Roohi usually rallied her forces and here, she took on him head on and just spoke. She didn't try to involve Abhir even after knowing that he was on her side. His Bhai looked like an easier one to convince but she chose to talk it out with him. Her determination put him in a spot. 

He could feel his Bhai caress his hair and he immediately snuggled to his midriff. "Kya soch raha hain Neil?" Abhimanyu's voice was very soft. 

"Pata nahi Bhai. Aapki Beti ne mera dimag ka dahi kardiya. Yeh bahut ajeeb behave karke gayi hain. Abhir ki tarah logically baat karke gayi hain. Like a baby lawyer." Neil complained and Abhimanyu chuckled. Neil pulled back and glared at him. 

"Kyun has rahe ho aap? Maine joke maara?" Neil scoffed. 

"Oops. I am sorry. Bas dekh raha tha teri expressions and bahut cute laga tu aise. All worked up." Abhimanyu said playfully pulling Neil's cheek. Neil looked away annoyed. 

"Aap bhi apni Beti ki tarah hi annoying ho gaye ho. Ek Champ hi hain mera sahi saathi." Neil said dramatically. 

"Roohi teri crime partner hain na. Abhir toh bechara boring hain mere jaise. Tu hi bolta tha na. Aaj achanak palat kaise gaya? Acha hain woh so raha hain pain killer ki wajah se warna shock mein chala jaata teri baatein sunke." Abhimanyu sounded very cheerful, and Neil gave him a suspicious look.

"Aap itne khush kyun ho? Aap pareshan nahi ho Roohi keliye? She is expecting a decision from us and main apne decision keliye koi logic nahi dhoondh paa raha hoon." Neil asked and he was very irritated. 

"Pehli baat, decision banake uskeliye logic nahi dhoondhne baith te hain. Logics ke hisab se decision pe aatey hain. So, try doing it the right way. So, help hojaye." Abhimanyu suggested. 

"Nahi ho raha hain. Aap help kardo meri. Uski logics bilkul sahi lage but uska decision galat laga mujhe." Neil whined. 

"Well! Maine decide karliya hain ki kuch maamlon mein mera jitna kam interference hoga utna better hoga. Mere saare hi Bache matured hain aur tu sabse zyada. 

Especially in matters involving Akshara. Jab tak main apne bias ko, trauma ko handle karna seekh nahi jaata, I wouldn't want to decide on these things. 

Roohi bhi kitni samajhdaar hain. Use pata hain ki tu maana, toh sab maan jayenge and she spoke to you only." 

Neil interrupted and said, "Per Bhai! Main kaise?

Abhimanyu cut him off gently and spoke, "Main bhi yahi chahta hoon ki tu soch samajh ke decide kar ki humein kya karna chahiye. Tu jo bhi decide karega, I am with you. No questions asked.

Logics apni jagah hain per teri instincts bhi important hain. Don't ignore them. Consider everything and come to a conclusion. 

Rahi baat Roohi ko batane ki ya samjhane ki, I will handle that part. Uski tension mat le. Just think and do what you think is best for us. 

I TRUST YOU BACHA." Abhimanyu gave him all the confidence, trust and assurance he needed. Neil nodded. 

It was time Neil took the responsibility because he was the most levelheaded when matters about Akshara are concerned. Abhimanyu left him to ponder upon. After which, Neil has been at it for a couple of hours. The fact that he was the one deciding was weighing heavy on him. He realized how tough it must have been for Abhimanyu to shoulder so many responsibilities at such a young age.

At least Neil was 30 now. Back then, Abhimanyu had so much pressure on him from all ends and he shined through so beautifully. Abhimanyu shaped lives, careers and personalities impeccably with his right decision-making skills

That very man has entrusted him with a responsibility and Neil didn't want to falter. He knew that no one would blame him for anything and his Bhaiyya will stand by him no matter what, but he still didn't want to mess it up. His Bhaiyya was sharing some responsibility after so long, he didn't want him regretting it. 

He recalled all the conversation and still he couldn't put a finger on why he should stop Roohi from embracing such a nice opportunity. He googled the details about the show and the panel boasted of such distinguished personalities, literal greats of music industry. People would do anything to meet them once but here, his Roohi was getting a chance to showcase her skill in front of these amazing musicians. 

She might get to learn so much in the process. He couldn't ignore that. He then came across articles which said that Ashwini Aiyer, the legendary singer met with an accident and had to be replaced by Akshara Sharma in the last moment. He then understood how her credentials made her a part of such a fantastic jury. 

She is a celebrity, a big one but all the others were all time greats in their respected spheres. She didn't stand a chance in front of them with respect to craft and connections. But she definitely will have a slight edge with the popularity because she interacted more and was connected to the youth more. 

Neil went through the details about how big the show is being mounted and how sought after the contestants of the show will be. That did the trick for him. The fact that Akshara was one of the panelists and all the others were definitely more accomplished than her, calmed him. He was worried about her manipulative tactics and didn't want Roohi to fall prey to them. He didn't want her losing confidence so early on in her career. 

But the other panelists were too experienced for Akshara to be able to override them or manipulate them. That was a silver lining for Neil. 

Neil also didn't want to prove Akshara right regarding the 'WASTE OF TIME' comment. His Roohi doesn't deserve that. If Roohi backed out, Akshara would be hailed for her foresightedness and judgement skills. 

That woman had the worst judging skills and Neil could vouch for it. He, just like Roohi, didn't want Akshara to have the upper hand. He even considered the fact that, after their interaction at the audition, anything Akshara spoke against Roohi would be used against Akshara. 

He knew how the media handled such issues. It was always on the side of the underdog. That will force Akshara to watch her words. Everything from security and privacy, terms and conditions in the contract can all be managed. He had no qualms with this half of the argument.

He was ready to let her take part in the show. But what was still bothering him was the personal aspect. He was also considering Abhir and Abhimanyu. Roohi taking part in the show would mean that Abhir and Abhimanyu will have to face Akshara by default at some point of time. He didn't know how to think about that possibility but after giving it a fair thought, he made a decision. He didn't know appealing it was, but he felt confident about it.

IT WAS DECIDED!!

What do you think of Roohi and Neil's argument? 

Did you like Abhimanyu letting Neil take the centre stage? 

Do you think Abhimanyu was right about Neil being the best one to decide? 

Do you second Roohi's reasons? 

What do you have to say about Neil's analysis? 

What did he decide? 

How will it be received? 

Well! Let's wait and see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 2.1K 44
What if Abhimanyu learns of a secret buried deep in time - one not even his family knows about? The secret of SURYAPUTRA KARNA What would happen whe...
30.7K 2.1K 13
COMPLETED Story of Abhira 2.0 | Abhimanyu x Akshara ♡♡♡ Story of Abhira's separation and what lies beyond... ♡♡♡ #1 in HC (as on 4/12/22) #1 in PR (a...
107K 9.1K 45
Akshara Singhania, the girl born with golden spoon. A princess who has everything at her feet. Her brother's pampered princess. A business woman, wit...
53.5K 2.2K 26
Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, a misogamist, finds himself getting attracted to Akshara Goenka, Kartik and Naira's daughter. Despite facing many hardships and...