Altruism | Part One : Trust

由 ScarlettSinger

"Let me be your light at the end of the tunnel" - Ana Cabrera Ana Cabrera is a Cuban immigrant. She lives in... 更多

Cast - Season One
Episode One
Episode Two
Episode Three
Episode Four
Episode Six
Episode Seven
Episode Eight
Episode Nine
Episode Ten
Episode Eleven
Episode Twelve
Episode Thirteen
Episode Fourteen
Episode Fifteen
Episode Sixteen
Episode Seventeen
Episode Eighteen
Episode Nineteen
Episode Twenty

Episode Five

2.3K 68 7
由 ScarlettSinger

"y pensar que no querías un perro." Carmen says, entering Ana's bedroom. Curled up next to Ana is their new dog, he's a rescue and his name is Moose. (and to think that you didn't want a dog.)

"no te burles de mí, abuela" Ana whines.(don't tease me, abuela)

She is working with Sergeant Grey today at the station, so she doesn't have to get up quite as early as she normally does.

Of course she's still at roll call early and she is not disappointed when she finds out she's missing out on some sort of competition. Ana has never been competitive and seeing how excited Bradford is, she is more than happy to let Lucy have him for the day.

After roll call, Grey gestures for her to follow him.

"I made a mistake yesterday and I need you to fix it" Grey admits.

"of course, sir, what mistake did you make?" Ana asks, softly.

"I told Nolan to organize the evidence room" Grey explains.

"oh" Ana says, softly.

"yeah, 'oh', and out of you and West and Chen, I decided that you'll organize the evidence room" Grey says, leading her to the evidence room.

"yes, sir" Ana replies, softly. "is it already semi-organized so I'll know where things go or do you want me to use an existing organization system that might not be in place at the moment?"

"neither, our evidence room guy quit six months ago and as you can imagine... it's a jungle now" Grey responds, stopping in front of the door and handing her a clipboard.

"use whatever organization system you want, just don't tell Bradford or anyone that I stuck you in here, they all think I'm taking you out on patrol" Grey says.

"yes, sir" Ana answers, softly, opening the door to the evidence room and realizing it's going to be a long day.

It's around 10 am when Ana finds it. She's going through old cold cases and organizing by date and then by alphabet.

She's not reading the files, but as she's putting an organized box up, a piece of paper slips out. Ana frowns and puts the box down before kneeling down to pick up the piece of paper.

It's the record for a testimony. Ana doesn't think anything of it, her eyes naturally skimming the words on the page. Ana gets too wrapped up in reading the paper that she runs into the ladder she was using, ending up with a huge red mark on her forehead.

But Ana is too wrapped up in the testimony to care. She searches and finds the case that the testimony is from. After going through the case, Ana scrounges around for her phone. Finally, she grabs it and calls Bradford.

"hey, you said that felony arrests are seven points right?" Ana asks over the phone when Bradford answers her call.

Ana ends up drawing Lucy and Bradford away from a DUI. Bradford quite literally speeds to the station and Ana is waiting for him in the garage. Lucy stays in the car while Bradford comes running over.

"Five felony arrests if you can get all of them" Ana says, showing him the file.

It's a cold case about five men who allegedly was stealing cars. There wasn't enough evidence at the time to prosecute the men.

"I found footage of one of the cars stolen being driven around five days ago and it stopped at a car lot, guess who reported a robbery an hour later?" Ana smiles.

"damn, boot" Bradford says. "knew you were my favorite."

Ana giggles as he rushes back to the car and drives away, in a rush to get 35 points in one fell swoop.

Ana returns back to the evidence room and spends the rest of her day organizing it. It goes well into the night and Ana texts her grandparents that she'll be home late. She's in the middle of putting a box of files up on the shelf when two people enter the evidence room.

"you good, boot?" Bradford asks.

Ana turns, seeing both Anderson and Bradford standing there.

"yes, sir, sorry" Ana replies, softly, putting the box of files on the shelf and climbing back down the ladders

"so, Officer Bradford tells me that you were responsible for five felony arrests today?" Anderson starts.

"um yes, ma'am" Ana says, softly.

"you know, boot, you could've easily given those over to a detective or me and we would've commended you and you might've found a one way ticket up the chain of command when you graduate to P2" Anderson continues.

"I know, ma'am" Ana replies, softly.

"yet, you chose to give said information to your training officer because you knew that a game he was playing out on the streets was important to him" Anderson finishes.

"well... yes, ma'am" Ana responds, softly, not sure where this is going.

Anderson nods, before leaving. Ana is left confused and she turns back to Anderson.

"that's her way of saying she's proud of you" Bradford explains, glancing at the still quite messy room.

"go home for the night, I'll have Chen work on it in the morning" Bradford instructs.

"yes, sir, thank you" Ana replies, grabbing her bag.

Bradford walks her to her car and watches her drive away before walking to his own truck, shaking his head with a grin on his face.

Ana gets home around 11 pm and she's just making herself some dinner when there is a knock at the door. Ana puts down the sad grilled cheese she was trying to make and walks to the door and answers it.

"I need you to stop trying so hard" Lucy says, immediately.

"what?" Ana asks, softly, stepping aside so Lucy can come in.

"that tip you gave Bradford today, he wouldn't stop talking about it and gave me three Tim Tests to see if I was "as smart as Ana", I need you to stop" Lucy responds.

"oh" Ana murmurs, softly.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to help him win the game, I thought that if y'all won the game, that he would reward you" Ana frowns.

"no, don't apologize, I'm being silly" Lucy huffs. "I'm getting jealous over you doing a good job when I can barely do my own."

"Hey, you're doing a good job, I know that much" Ana says, softly.

"Really? Because right now it feels like everything in my life is shitty" Lucy says.

"You and Nolan broke up?" Ana guesses, softly.

"how did you know that we were dating?" Lucy asks.

"it was pretty obvious" Ana admits, softly.

"shit" Lucy curses.

"but, trust me, it was the right move" Ana says, softly.

"Angela was talking to me the other day and told me to not ever date a cop because it won't affect the guy but it'll ruin our reputation for the rest of our career" Ana continues, softly.

"I know, that's what Talia told me" Lucy sighs.

"but it still hurts?" Ana guesses, softly.

"yeah, it still hurts... a lot, he was my person" Lucy groans.

"and I just-... Tim is being an ass and Jackson doesn't know we've broken up yet and it just feels..."

"like it's all falling apart?" Ana finishes, softly.

"yes, and then I came to your apartment in the middle of the night, sounding like a jealous bitch" Lucy complains, rubbing her hands down her face.

"well first of all, you didn't sound like a jealous bitch at all, if you had been completely serious then I would've started being awful to make you look good. second of all, yeah... Tim is an ass but he's there to push you and he knows what he's doing, it's hard but it's not impossible and third of all, you don't need to feel apologetic or anything for breaking up with Nolan, allow yourself to just feel and if that means taking a break from the trio of friendship you have, then that's what you should do" Ana murmurs.

Lucy looks up at Ana. "really?"

"really" Ana smiles. "do you want something to drink or eat?"

"um... some water would be nice" Lucy smiles, weakly.

"coming right up" Ana says, softly, grabbing a glass and starting to fill it with water.

Moose comes prancing into the living area, immediately going over to Lucy and sniffing her.

"you got a dog too?" Ana guesses, softly, seeing how Moose is all over Lucy.

"yeah, a little pitbull named Kojo" Lucy responds, smiling and petting Moose.

"well, that's Moose, he's a new addition to the Cabrera household but he might just be the best" Ana giggles.

"Moose?" Lucy asks, looking up at her.

"don't insult my name giving abilities" Ana pouts.

"okay, okay, I won't" Lucy laughs. "Moose is a great name"

"thank you" Ana smiles.

"hey... you know, I know that it kinda feels like we're competing with each other because of Tim, but we don't have to be" Lucy responds.

"are you suggesting what I think you are?" Ana giggles.

"late night study sesh?" Lucy proposes.

"let's do it" Ana smiles.

The next morning after an all nighter, Lucy and Ana are jogging next to each other, with their dogs on leashes in front of them.

Maybe getting a dog wasn't the worst thing in the world.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

16K 637 37
"Just like a shadow. I'll be beside you. I'll be your comfort. And let it guide you home. I will provide you a place of shelter....If I could be your...
14.9K 223 37
Lucy and Tim's relationship is put to the test as they have to navigate this new adventure... together. Through thick and thin, the ups and downs, ca...
8.9K 324 8
ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 real and fake becomes hard to tell apart ᡣ𐭩 •。❪ fem!oc 𝒙 tim bradford ❫ ꪆৎ ˚❪ started. 11.02.24 ❫ 5th on #cops 6th on #lapd ...
337K 11.7K 43
Life doesn't abide by the rules of a child. Sixteen-year-old Ramona knows this. She's seen it throughout her entire life, from the way she was treat...