Starburst

De Ghostwriter0411

Cressida Kormos never really expected much to happen in her senior year, but things seemed to be looking up f... Mais

Season 1
Chapter 1: First Day of School
Chapter 2: Lunch Break
Chapter 3: The Triple Troy-Outs
Chapter 4: Here Comes the Rejected Love Interest
Chapter 5: After Class Livestream
Chapter 6: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Bomb Shelter
Chapter 7: Self Control, Where Are You?
Chapter 8: A Billion Sorries & A Trillion Regrets
Chapter 9: Basketballs, I Choose You!
Chapter 10: Rehearsals and Rogue Rodents
Chapter 11: Sleepovers
Chapter 12: Settle for Me
Chapter 13: The Kormos Clan
Chapter 15: It's Nice to Have A Friend
Chapter 16: I Got You (And You Got Me Too)
Chapter 17: Poster Photoshoots and Workshopping

Chapter 14: Night of Nights

49 1 41
De Ghostwriter0411

Welp I have been anticipating writing/posting this chapter since the first chapter, so this is when all the chaos hits the ceiling, I hope it delivers. Also below is a Picrew image I made of Cress and Ten in their homecoming outfits. This one's also a 3k chapter, whoo!

Warning: Ricky Bowen Bashing (most of em are from Cress's side). There will be a lot more swearing too

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — —

Upon arriving at East High, Cress and Ten spotted EJ Caswell. But what they didn't expect was seeing the girl he had invited as his date.

"When did this happen?" Cress raised her eyebrows when she spotted Gina standing next to EJ.

"What's he up to this time?" Ten murmured under his breath.

"I'll say, I would've made a way better looking arm candy." Cress joked back, earning a tiny smile from Ten.

"Hey E! Good evening, Gina." Cress plastered a polite smile and went over to EJ and his new date.

EJ's skeptical face melted into a warm smile when he saw his best friends.

"Cress, are you wearing contacts?" EJ teased his friend.

"Yup, just for tonight. Gotta look dazzling in front of the cameras, y'know." Cress winked at EJ. She usually wears glasses, but on occasions she'd switch for contact lenses.

"Gina, you look very nice in the dress." Ten commented. Despite his reluctance, he still tries to keep a polite front.

"Why thank you Ten." Gina smiled back at the compliment.

"What are you doing with Caswell here?" Ten asked.

"He's taking me to Homecoming." Gina responded.

Welp, that ain't vibing well with the fact EJ had just broken up with Nini and coming with someone else.

"How...lovely." Ten played it subtle.

"For some reason, it was difficult getting Ten out of the house. He kept saying he needed to pick up his best dancing shoes." Cress told EJ, nudging Ten by the shoulder.

"Yes, sure. Shoes." Ten nodded stiffly. EJ saw the look on his best friend's face and got the drill.

[ Reality: Ten spent a few minutes shoving Jeonghan out of his house from the behind door all to prevent the chances of Jeonghan running into Cress. ]

Mr Mazarra was holding the counter registering homecoming attendees.

"Last name Caswell, first name is EJ. There should be two tickets." Gina spoke.

"Found it." Mr Mazarra looked down at the list, before noticing the last minute switch-up, "Wait, when did you become Nini?"

"Good lord..." EJ rolled his eyes in annoyance, hating to explain to his teacher that he and Nini had broken up a few days prior.

"There's been a last minute cast change." Gina explained vaguely.

"Whatever." Mr Mazarra rolled his eyes, too tired to give a damn about his students' personal lives. "Looks like you're at Table 10 with the other theater kids."

"Snap a photo on the way in." Mr Mazarra handed EJ his ticket, before calling out for the next in line. "Next!"

"Last name Kormos, first name Cressida. 2 tickets." Cress informed her teacher. She actually left her homecoming date's name unknown since she had been contemplating who to bring over.

"Ah yes, you two." He looked up, sighing at Cress and Ten respectively. "Same table as Mr. Caswell."

"Wow Ten at Table 10." Cress snickered to herself at the irony, Ten rolled his eyes at the remark playfully.

"Enjoy homecoming," Mr Mazarra deadpanned, before he called for the next couple in line.

"Sure will!" Cress waved cheerfully, as she and Ten went inside with EJ and Gina.

"Hey Gina? Could I talk to Caswell for a moment? I just have to remind him about my ride home." Ten quirked an eyebrow in EJ's direction and smiled politely. That was his "We need to Talk" look, one EJ's been familiar with for 10 years.

While Ten is 'discussing' with EJ about his ride back, Cress distracted Gina by complimenting her outfit.

"Gina, I love the dress, it's so colorful and sparkly! You look like a Disco queen." Cress switched the subject, paying Gina a compliment.

"Cress, you look great too." Gina felt slightly overwhelmed by Cress' enthusiasm, but still appreciated the flattery.

"I like your nails." Gina commented, trying to make small talk.

"Aww thanks, my brother's friend Elise did it for me." Cress smiled back, showing off her manicured nails. "She should be about your age."

Cress and Gina did not see the alarmed exchanged glances between EJ and Ten.

— — — — — — — — — —

"Woah, epic!" Cress gushed at the gym decorated with balloons, before looking at her freshly manicured sharp nails. "Hey Ten, do you think I can pop these balloons all in one go?"

"No, stay away from the balloons." Ten instinctively pulled his destructive best friend away.

Gina can't help but feel rather surprised by EJ's friends. So far, she has yet to interact with them that much. From what she's observed, getting acquainted with EJ Caswell and his two best friends are a shoo-in for becoming popular. Out of the three Seniors, Cress seems the most approachable.

"C'mon, let's pose for the photos." Gina suddenly dragged EJ out to take some pictures at the photo booth.

"I didn't agree to photos!" EJ protested.

"Relax, it's all part of the plan." Gina assured him. "Less talking, more nodding."

Much to the taller teen's reluctance, they went over to take some couple-y photos together.

"My turn E, let's take some pics!" Cress gleefully called out, already looping her arms around Ten and EJ's and dragging them off to the photo booth with her inhumane strength.

"Fine, only for you." EJ didn't seem pleased, but a tiny smile formed on his lips.

"No, she's gonna choose weird dynamic poses for us." Ten jokingly whined in dismay.

"I sure as heck do!" Cress grinned, before showing a squad pose she had on her phone.

"Smile for the camera~!" Cress called out, before she and her two friends posed for a picture.

— — — — —

Table 10

— — — — —

The four teens were walking towards their designated table. Cress could also see some of her friends and classmates having fun at the dance.

Ashlyn and Carlos taking a selfie together at the table.

Kennidee and Kaden slowdancing in the corner of the gym; Kenni's brother Kitt was eagerly taking pictures of the homecoming (this being his first high school dance)

Marisol and Amelia were just sneaking back into the gym from wherever they had been making out previously.

Marissa and her date Anthony were flirting with each other nonstop (and considering the lipstick stain on his lips, they may have been doing more than just flirting).

Marina and her date/friend Sean Seabury were just enjoying the food and atmosphere.

Lumi Song and a few of the dancers were recreating Kpop dance routines on the dance floor, Ten was honestly impressed by their moves.

Meanwhile, Ricky exclaimed in annoyance as he showed Big Red his phone.

"I don't believe this! This dude steals my girlfriend. And 12 seconds after they break up, he's already playing the field." He shows an instagram post EJ had just posted of himself and Gina.

'Waterpolotheaterguy posted: Surprise! When you know, you know. <3 @GinaPorter'

Considering EJ has the most followers in school, his recent post gained a lot of likes and comments.

"You have GOT to be kidding me." Cress silently scowled when she spotted a familiar be-loathed club member.

"Cress, calm down." Ten knew this was a disaster waiting to happen, but he just wasn't sure when it would hit the ceiling.

"Excuse us, are these seats taken?" Gina and EJ approached Table 10.

Ten was holding Cress back from snarling at Ricky Bowen.

Gina and EJ's appearance as Homecoming dates greatly surprised the rest of their peers. Ashlyn shook her head and gestured to the empty seats near them. Ten gave an 'I'll explain later' look to Ashlyn.

Ashlyn shook her head before Gina took one of the vacant seats.

"Cress!" Carlos exclaimed in delight. "That dress with those earrings? Gorgeous!"

"Did Phy work on your skirt tulle?" Ashlyn recognized her friend's handiwork, Cress nodding her head proudly in response.

"He sure did. And I love the pantsuit, it's very chic." Cress nodded approvingly at Ashlyn's outfit.

— — — — —

An hour later...

— — — — —

Cress had posted a separate picture of herself with Ten and EJ on instagram.

'CressChaosKormos posted: Fill the void up with celluloid. Take a picture, I'm with the Boys. @waterpolotheaterguy @TENLeechaipornkul_0227 #homecoming2019'

"Did you just quote 'Primadonna' lyrics for your caption?" EJ remarked, after reading her caption.

"Marina and the Diamonds is one of my favorite artists." Cress smirked in response. "Besides, you and Ten both vetoed my other caption idea: 'Me and my D!_k Pics'!"

Everyone else who overheard that remark spat out their drink. Sean Seabury and Marina Martinez cackled so hard they fell off their chairs.

"For good reasons!" Ten exclaimed.

"...Why you gotta make it weird, Cressie?" EJ was struggling not to laugh.

"This is why we know and love her, Caswell." Ten responded, a mildly amused grin on his face.

Everyone was having a blast at the dance...save for Carlos who looked crestfallen and upset that Seb might be standing him up.

"Maybe he was caught up in traffic?" Ashlyn suggested kindly.

"We live in Salt Lake City, there hasn't been any traffic since the 2002 Winter Olympics." Carlos replied in a dejected tone.

"Seb will come, trust me." Ten spoke up, comforting the younger teen, "He was really excited about coming here."

"You really think so?" Carlos asked in a hopeful tone.

"I'm sure of it." Ten nodded, giving Carlos a tiny smile to reassure him.

"Carlos, Seb's family and mine go way back, and trust me, he's got reasons to be held up. He usually helps out at his family business," Cress added. "But trust me: he'll be here."

Carlos seemed rather skeptical but still was hopeful by the two Seniors' reassurance.

She doesn't wish to give away too much about Seb's home life, but Carlos deserves to know that Seb has a lot going on at his home.

— — — — — — — — — —

Kaison and his friends eventually went over to Table Ten where they saw the rest of their classmates and peers.

"Wow, Cress, you look great!" Kaison's eyes lit up when he noticed her. EJ and Ten didn't miss out on the way Kaison seemed to blush around her.

"Thanks, I aim to look glamorous at all times." Cress grinned in response, doing a little twirl to show off her dress. "I got class, I got sass, I can kick you in the a–"

"Can you get us some punch, babe?" Gina placed an arm on EJ's shoulder and cut off Cress's comment.

"Sure thing, babe." EJ agreed, still confused but willing to go along with Gina.

This may actually be the only time EJ is ever grateful for Gina's plan.

The moment EJ had left to get some punch for Gina, the Rod-I mean Ricky Bowen slipped into the vacant seat to talk to Gina.

"Sorry to intrude on date night, but you can do better than EJ. That guy, he's bad news."

"You're not exactly one to give relationship advice, Ricky." Gina refuted, looking annoyed, "And when I want your opinion, I'll ask."

"Well I'm giving it anyway. I thought you were classier than this. But maybe you really are what people say..." Ricky kept dragging his words.

"A little too ambitious for your own good, or for anyone else's actually." Ricky ended his sentence, before taking a sip of his drink.

And the rodent keeps finding ways to lower her expectations.

Gina scoffed and got up. Ten tried to reach for her hand but she shrugged it off and left the table.

"Great move, Ricky!" Ten glared at the younger teen, "You didn't have to say it like that."

Cress's hands were shaking with unbridled rage, she felt Ten holding onto her hand to cool her. She felt a bit thankful for his touch, it's like an anchor guiding her through her worst storms.

"Really?" Ricky turned to look at Ten, "how would you have said it then?"

"I wouldn't have said anything." Ten bit his tongue to refrain himself from saying something he'd regret.

"There are things better left unmentioned." Ten said carefully. Leave it to Tenny to master the art of subtle passive aggressiveness.

"What he said." Cress nodded along. She's biting her tongue and keeping her temper as subtle as possible.

"Well, you need to stop meddling in everyone's business!" Ricky fired, "You shouldn't even be defending EJ if you knew what he did."

"Ricky..." Big Red interjected, trying to stop his friend. But it seemed fruitless.

"You are just afraid to admit that you don't have any other friends here so you'd just take his side with everything like the coward you are."

Ricky regretted his words the moment it slipped out of his mouth. Everyone else at the table stared at him in shock, knowing that he had just crossed the line.

And just like that, Richard Timothy Bowen just lost whatever remains of Cress's (already lack of) respect towards him.

"Uh oh." Ashlyn muttered in shock.

"What the F!CK did you just insinuate about my friends?" Cress's voice chimed in a saccharine tone. If Ten squinted, he could see literal murder in Cress's eyes.

"And you!" Ricky stuttered, now looking at Cress. Ah, looks like it's Cress's turn to get the third-degree burn.

Cress had a defiant look on her face that challenged him to finish his sentence.

"You're just always going along with EJ's words because you're their needy side chick when he's available." He finished his sentence.

That's it! He's dead!

Cress got up and slammed her hands on the table...and her fist flew from the table and punched Ricky Bowen right in the gut in retaliation.

A cruel smirk curled upward her lips as she watched him wince in pain.

"Oh buzz off, Bowen! You know nothing about me, EJ or Ten. So stop judging our friendship when you don't even know us!" She pulled him by the collar of his shirt and roared at him. She ignored the throbbing pain in her fist. Ugh, and she just got her nails done too!

"Fool with us again, and you'll have a front row demonstration why I'm called 'The Dwarfstar' by the Wrestling Club." Cress's voice lowered with a threatening tone, taking great delight in watching Ricky Bowen's face paling in fear.

She was aware she's making a scene, but nobody gets to mess with her friends like that and get away with it.

"Cress, I want to go back." Ten gently tugged the hem of her dress, his voice a hushed whisper. His voice somehow guided her back to her senses.

"I got you, Tenny." Cress nodded, releasing her grip on the collar of Ricky's shirt, "Wanna get EJ so we can blow up this popsicle stand?"

"Bowen, I may not know everything but as you said, EJ is my best friend. I have my reasons to stay by him." Ten turned his head and spoke to Ricky.

"Also I'm Aromantic! Get your facts right, you SH!T-HAIRED LICE-INFESTED RODENT!" Cress looked over her shoulder towards Ricky, before flipping the bird in his direction and walking away.

"Ignore that jerk, he has no right to judge you or EJ or us." Cress placed her hand on Ten's shoulder, comforting him.

From a distance, they saw an ugly confrontation of sorts going on. It ended with Gina dousing a glass of punch at EJ before she stormed off.

— — — — — — — — — —

A few minutes later, a car arrived outside of East High to pick up the trio.

Due to the sheer business and emotional drama Ten and EJ have experienced separately within the same evening, they completely forget the inevitable meeting between their two most mischievous best friends.

"Hey Ten, what brings you to come back so soon–?" Jeonghan greeted them as Ten took the front seat but immediately recognized the third passenger. "Cressie, you know EJ Caswell?"

"Eric, you're Ten's ride?" Cress's face was a mix of confusion and happiness.

"Hold up, you two know each other?" Ten gaped in shock. EJ was mostly silent but even he's blanching in horror.

"She's my Homecoming date." Jeonghan supplied.

"He was supposed to be my Plus One." Cress gestured to the front seat. "EJ, Tenny, meet Eric. He's the mystery guy I've been telling you about."

"Aww, you tell them about me?" Jeonghan looked rather flattered.

"Eyes on the road!" EJ ushered his friend to focus on driving.

"Normally I would react, but I've had a horrible night to process that you two have finally met." Ten mumbled out loud, burying his face in his hands.

"What do you mean Finally?!" Cress raised an eyebrow.

"This is a big city!" Jeonghan nodded his head.

"Clearly not big enough when our social circle is that wide." EJ was still moping about how Homecoming night had transpired.

"Caswell, Cressie is the biggest social butterfly we know. It was only a matter of time!" Ten deadpanned.

"We need to talk about this tomorrow." EJ raised a hand and stated.

"I second that motion." Ten groaned out loud.

"I'll say, you two owe the both of us explanations!" Cress shook her head.

"Yeah, you knew this lovely lady all the while and never introduced me to her? She's exactly my type." Jeonghan nodded along Cress's comment.

'MORE REASONS TO NOT HAVE YOU BOTH IN THE SAME PLACE!' EJ kept it to himself.

Jeonghan ended up dropping Cress at her place first before he dropped EJ and Ten at their houses. This was a decision made by EJ and Ten respectively because they don't think those two Gremlins should be left alone in the same vehicle without supervision.

Later that night, the Gremlins Watch Alert rang for the first time in years. You can hear the entire Salt Lake City population screaming in peril.

— — — — — — — — — —

And we're officially in the Homecoming Meltdown scene! It's been on my writing list for months and I hope it serves.

Chapter Talk: -

(1.) There's a couple of background events going on, I want to add/mention the Dance Crew and Senior Squad (the Martinez Triplets, Amelia, Sean, Anthony) because they also deserve some attention.

(2.) Ok so Ricky's a bigger scumbag in my version. Most of his dislike is towards EJ (for being Nini's very recent ex), and his sole impression of Ten and Cress is strictly just 'His Love Rival's Friends'. He's going through some stuff at the moment (family divorce, lots of life changes) that he's lashing out of spite has landed himself as Cress's Number 1 Enemy.

(3.) I tried imagining what's the worst insult Ricky could give Cress, which would probably be the 'EJ's female best friend is the Final Love Interest' idea. Cress gets very ticked if you make bad assumptions about her friendship with EJ and Ten. She'd throw hands for her favorite guys, no questions asked. Ricky is out of the loop and unfortunately mistook Cress being involved with EJ and/or Ten. Boy was wrong.

(4.) My version of Salt Lake City has a Gremlins Watch Alert. It's an inside joke zealous_light and I made about the idea of the entire city, respective families, and school board agreeing to keep Jeonghan and Cress as far apart as possible up til they eventually met somehow.

That's all for now. Next chapter will be an Original Chapter based on Weightless' chapter 7 (Friendship Centric Chapter), so see you next month. Thanks for reading and have a splendid day.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

54.1K 2.3K 46
Trying to regain EJ Caswell's heart, Bianca Sweeney auditions for the role of Gabriella, but something stands in her way. "..What could go wrong?" B...
14.1K 476 52
Gina Porter loved living in Salt Lake City. Her best friend was right next door and she had two loving parents. When her dad died in a freak accident...
175K 3K 37
•JUST FOR A MOMENT• collection of one-shots about ricky and nini from high school musical: the musical: the series! !! some may be OOC !! sadly, i d...
63.3K 1.8K 29
𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝙗𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙-𝙥𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙤 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡, 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙡𝙖𝙯𝙖𝙧-𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙨 ...