π‡πžπšπ«π­π₯𝐞𝐬𝐬? | rafe ca...

By slyboys

π‘»π’‰π’†π’š π’˜π’†π’“π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’‚π’Žπ’†. Whether Rafe or Aria liked it or not.. Aria comes from a very rich kook fa... More

introduction οΏΌ
synopsis
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟏
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟐
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ‘
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ’
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ“
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ”
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ•
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ–
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟏𝟎
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟏𝟏
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟏𝟐
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ‘
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ’
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ“
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ”
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ•
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ–
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ—
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟐𝟎
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟐𝟏
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« 𝟐𝟐
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ‘
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ’
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ“
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ”
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ•
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ–
π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸπŸ—

π‚π‘πšπ©π­πžπ« πŸ—

2.6K 35 86
By slyboys

RAFE CAMERON'S POV.

꧁❧꧂

I tighten my grip on the steering wheel of my car, my breaths harsh, my eyes pondering out onto the dark road.

My thoughts completely filled with one person.

One fucking person.

I slap my hand against the steering wheel, irritated with myself and her. Her.

Graves. That irritating fucking woman.

God.

I steer with one hand, running my other shaky hand through my short hair, shaking my head, letting out a breathy chuckle into the deadly silence of my car.

Fuck.

I fucking hate her, I hate how she's invading my thoughts, making me loose my goddamn mind.

I hate her.

I blow out harsh breaths through my nose, my knee bouncing up and down rapidly, I lean back in the driver seat, spreading my legs open, running my hand over my knee.

I can't do this. I can't get why she won't leave my head, I can't.

And that day at the boneyard, I tried, I really fucking tried to keep my hands off her but all I fucking wanted was her closer, so much closer.

And it's making me loose my fucking mind.

It's making me loose my shit that she's so fucking stunning, so.. so fucking gorgeous as she tilts her head to the side, biting her plump lower lip as her dark curls fall to the side.

How her chocolate brown eyes shine in the sun, making her more unbelievably gorgeous, so fucking gorgeous I can't think straight.

My eyes roll back for a moment before I manage to focus back on the road, slamming my hand back on the steering wheel.

What's wrong with me?

I clench my jaw, my clutched teeth pushing together harshly.

I couldn't stop myself from touching my lips to her ear at the boneyard, she looked so fucking stunning.

She smelt even fucking better, I can still smell the vanilla from her.

I unclench my jaw, biting my lower lip harshly until I feel the thin layer of skin break, blood trickles into my mouth.

I lick my bottom lip.

Shit.

I rub my thumb against my bottom lip, rubbing the blood off as I keep my eyes on the dark road ahead of me, heading to figure eight.

I want to see her, I— I need to see her, I need to feel her, taste her. Know what makes her happy, smile, what makes her tingle, what makes her gorgeous dimples show so widely.

Her dimples.

Those damn dimples.

Those dimples that make me forget to speak, that make me want to kiss her so fucking hard that she gasps for air.

Those fucking dimples make me want to kiss her so fucking deeply, just feel her pretty plump lips on mine.

It's so fucking infuriating, she makes me so fucking mad, so mad I want to kiss the hate out of her that she has for me.

I swerve on the road, my hands twitching as I focus back onto the dark road, finally driving straight.

The moonlight is shining down bright, my headlights shining so brightly it's giving me a fucking headache.

I clasp my hand around my knee, my other hand tightens around the steering wheel.

Graves.

I can't do this, I can't fucking pretend I hate her, It makes my heart fucking ache so hard. I don't want her to think I hate her, I fucking don't even know if I do, but she hates me.

I don't know what.. I can fucking do.

I just want to run my fingers on her jaw, drop kisses to her precious little shiny neck.

I want to feel her against my chest.

I can't, I have to pretend. I fucking have to.

I have to act like I hate her so she'll at least fucking make a side comment at me that makes my cock harden in my shorts.

I groan loudly at the thought, tilting my head back against the seat, keeping my eyes on the road.

Her pretty lips sneering at me making me almost kiss those fucking hatful lips.

She hates me.

And if I have to fucking pretend to hate her to get her to even glance at me with those gorgeous brown eyes of hers I fucking will.

God she's so fucking precious, so fucking stunning.

Her eyes.

Her smile, those goddamn dimples.

Her laugh.

Her.

Her

Her.

I run my fingers through my hair, so fucking frustrated.

I didn't see her at dinner tonight, it was the only fucking reason I went.

The only reason I want to.

My dad would have made me either way, but god the only reason I wanted to attend them is to see her.

I haven't seen her since the boneyard, after I fucking told her I was pretending to hate her.

She ran. She fucking turned on her heal, and ran in the sand to get away from me.

I didn't want that to happen, I didn't mean to tell her.

But every time I'm near her something so incredibly stupid comes out of my mouth.

Fuck.

And I'm fucking positive that's why she didn't come to the dinner we've been having sense we were fucking twelve.

My hand twitches against the steering wheel of my jeep, strands of my short hair falling onto my forehead.

I hate that she makes me this way. I fucking hate it. I hate her.

God I don't know what I feel.

I pull my jeep smoothly onto the side of the dark back roads, darkness crowding me except for my bright headlights.

I unbuckle my seatbelt, yanking it off me as I lean forward, resting my forehead against the top of the steering wheel, my eyes rolling back as the coke I did at Barry's finally kicked in through my bloodstream.

I snorted a line, a thick line.

I shake my head back and forth against the steering wheel.

"Oh.. shit." I groaned under my breath, the coke making adrenaline rush through me, a high I fucking love.

After dinner with the Graves I got the fuck out of there, speeding to Barry's.

Though my dad didn't give a fuck, he just cared if I fucking attended that god awful dinner.

As always.

'Do this, do fucking that.'

It's always, Sarah.

It's always about fucking Sarah.

I do what I can for him, I try to do everything right for him, just so he will fucking appreciate me, appreciate what I do more, anything.

I wrap my hands around the steering wheel on each sides of my head, my knuckles turning white from how hard I'm gripping it.

Fuck it.

I don't bother to put my seatbelt back on as I put my jeep back in drive, leaning back as I spread my knees back open, my eyes wide on the road.

Adrenaline rushing through my veins.

My heart beats rapidly against my chest.

I lay my hand wide on my thigh, as my hand follows the wheel, I take a sharp right turn, heading to figure eight.

Fuck.

What am I fucking doing with myself.

I hate her, right? It's not pretend, right?

I fucking have to hate her, right?

༻✧༇

ARIA GRAVE'S POV.

༻✧༇

I managed to climb back up my balcony which I thankfully left my french inspired doors unlocked, I open the doors, sliding through, quietly.

God, I bleeding hope they don't wake up.

I ease the two doors shut behind me, locking it quickly as I stand on my tiptoes, pulling down my white see through curtains over the doors.

I blow out a breath, putting my feet back down as I kick my converses off beside my bed, along with my socks as I ruffle my hand through my curls, sighing.

I pull my phone from my back pocket, throwing it onto my pillow, along with my keys on my bedside table.

I was planning on staying at John b's but I had no clothes left over there and I was not sleeping in these blue jeans and bathing suit, so I decided to come home.

Home. Reluctantly.

I bite my inside cheek as I tiptoe past my room, pushing my bathroom door open quietly, flickering my light on, I stand in front of my mirror, groaning lowly before grabbing one of my hair ties of the counter, pushing my hair back into a low messy bun.

I unbutton my— JJ's flannel off, throwing it into my bathroom hamper, as I stand in front of my mirror, letting the cool air of my bathroom brush over me.

I grab my vibrating tooth brush and my toothpaste off the bathroom counter, applying toothpaste before quickly brushing my teeth.

I fucking hope John b's okay, after finding that I would be out of my head thinking so many things, and to be completely honest, I am. Big John was a father figure to me, and JJ.

I shake my head, as I rinse my mouth with mouthwash before putting my things back, groaning as I flick my bathroom light off, I step back into my bedroom, opening my closet door.

I walk inside, opening my drawer, pulling out a white T-shirt, matching bra and black lace panties, along with black shorts.

I slide out of my closet, closing the door as I slip into my bedroom, quickly discarding my clothes on my frame and putting on my clean ones.

I finish, slipping my head through the hole of my white T-shirt, strands of my curls falling out of my messy bun and onto my forehead.

My mind is running wild today, well more tonight then earlier.

We had guns shot at us, and we fount Big Johns compass.

It's all so bloody mad.

It's bloody crazy.

I flop back onto my bed, laying on my white sheets as I pull my comforter on me, before grabbing my phone from my pillow as I lay my head there comfortably.

I snuggle deeper into my bed, holding my phone out in front of me as I scroll.

But I come to a complete stop once I hear knocking on my balcony doors, my phone dropping beside me.

I look over, squinting my eyes to look through my see through curtains.

Blond fucking hair.

Of course, JJ.

He shows up almost every time I come home Instead of staying at John b's.

I let out a small chuckle, shaking my head as I pull my comforter off me, slipping out of bed.

My feet on the cold floor as I walk over the to my french doors.

He has a key, I gave him one years ago.

My face hardens once I see his face, broken, he has tears in his eyes that he probably thinks I don't notice.

I take a few deep breaths.

I reach my hand out, unlocking the doors, opening them fully.

Wind blows on me, so warmly.

I tilt my head to the side at him, my eyebrows scrunched together as I watch him run his fingers through his hair.

His blue eyes stay on me, so warmly.

I take a step forward, grabbing him by his hand and pulling him into me, I pull him closely to my chest, as he bends down to lay his head in my shoulder.

"Mae mae.." JJ whispers into my shoulder, his voice so low.

I know he's trying to keep his composure.

I hum lowly in response, rubbing his back softly as he nuzzles his face into my shoulder.

I feel his breath fanning my neck as he wraps his arms around my torso. I run my fingers up his back, to his neck and in his dirty blond hair, running my fingers though it.

I rub my fingers on his scalp, comfortingly.

He hums lowly.

"What's wrong, J?" I ask, my voice low.

My parents, I hope they don't hear.

He shakes his head in my shoulder, "I just don't want to be without you tonight, or ever really." he sighed, letting out a small sad chuckle.

I didn't either.

I nod, my chin resting on his shoulder.

"I don't either." I soothed, as I feel him tighten his arms around my torso. "Are you coming?" I continued, lowly.

I nod my head slightly to my bed, I was honestly so tired, and I knew he was staying.

He pulls his head out of my shoulder, tilting his head to the side with a small sad smile, making my lips pull down slightly.

He keeps his arms loose around my waist.

I hate seeing him this way. Fuck.

I really fucking hate it. It makes me hurt, it makes me want to take that sadness away.

"What kind of question is that, baby? Of fucking course I'm staying." he professed, squinting to look at my face in my dark room.

He drew light circles on my side, making my skin crawl.

I swallow harshly as I nod, "J, tell me what's wrong first. Please?" I asked, my voice gloomy.

Come on, J. I need to make this better. Some fucking how.

JJ tightened his lips, scrunching his nose up. "I just thought I almost lost you today, and that fucking broke me, Mae mae." he confessed to me, clenching his jaw as he squeezed my sides.

He turned his head away for a moment before looking back at me.

I blow out a harsh breath through my nose, my lips pursing.

I thought I was going to lose him too.

He had the nerve to try and protect me with his body, no. Fucking never.

Never.

I let my arms dangle by my side, grazing his hands, "I thought I was going to loose you too, J. I mean seriously." I told him, keeping my tone low.

His jaw tightened again, he let my waist go as he ran his fingers though his hair.

"I can't be sorry, I'm not sorry. Don't be mad at me, please." he started, running his fingers though his blond hair. "That shit was fucking crazy, and I didn't give it a second thought when I pulled you down. I never will, you are my Mae mae." he continued, his voice not one bit sorrow.

I can't be mad, because I would do the same, I did do the same. We always do. We always protect each other.

Always.

I cross my arms over my chest, tilting my head to the side with a nod, "I'm not mad, but I was so fucking scared you were going to get hurt, J. What would I do without you? Huh?" I expressed, keeping my voice a whisper.

He paused his fingers in his hair, letting his arms dangle by his side before he grips my jaw in both of his hands, pushing me more back into my room, making my heart thump loudly against my chest.

My hooded brown eyes pierce into his gorgeous blue ones.

He hesitated for a moment, searching my eyes as he parted his plump lips, "No, Mae mae. What would I do without you?" he went on, "There is no point in even being here, in this life, if not with you. You— god you light up my whole mood when you're with me, you make me happy, smile, want to be anywhere, as long as I'm with you. I mean honestly, do you think I care about anything, fucking anyone, but you?" he breathed out, his hands loosening on my jaw.

I blink.

My heart aching.

I purse my lips, tears behind my eyes but I don't let them show.

His words sink into my heart, filling cracks I didn't know were there.

And this. His words. It was a peaceful thing. The feeling. Knowing that he loved me, flaws and all. I never had to try and pretend to be lovable, not with him- I just was. And JJ always made sure I felt loved, felt happy, and I know that I will always need him with me, and I love him always.

I bring my hand up, cupping his cheek as I rub it softly, "I love you, J. So much, so fucking much. You are my person. And you always have and will be." I sighed contently, my voice thick with emotion.

He's always been my person.

He rubs his thumb in circular motions on my cheek, his other hand falling off my jaw and loosely by his side.

He squints his eye down at me, running his tongue over his teeth slightly. "You're my person too, Mae, you have been my person sense we were one. And I'm most definitely positive I love you more." he whispered, letting out a thick laugh.

I let out a small chuckle, a slight smile forming on my face as he brushes a strand of my curl from my eyes, pushing it behind my ear.

His blue eyes staring so deeply in mine. A smile forming on his frown once he sees my smile.

I let my hand fall off his cheek, pointing at his chest with my index finger, "Go change, you still have some of your clothes here. Bcause you are not sleeping in that." I noted, letting my eyes travel down his tall frame, he was wearing a grey sleeveless T-shirt with beige cargo shorts.

And I had to lighten up the mood, I didn't want to see him sad, or anything but happy.

He snorts, lightning up a bit as he lets go of my jaw, pushing my shoulder, "Don't tell me what to do. And by the way, I look handsome." he points out, sliding past me to do as I told him anyways.

I give him my middle finger once his back is turned to me, letting out a small laugh once he opens my closet, slipping inside to grab his clothes as he shook his head.

"Yeah, more like a oaf." I tell him under my breath, as I take my hair tie out, slipping the tie onto my wrist, letting my hair fall onto my back.

I hear him let out a chuckle as he shuffled around in my closet. "That hurt, but I'm so glad I know what that means now. You've been calling me that for fucking ages and I had no clue till you told me." he said.

I hold back my laughter, I remember every time I called him that he would just look at me so confused and shrug, until his fifteen birthday when I finally told him, and he just stood there, his mouth open with a vanilla cupcake stuffed inside that I got him.

"It was your birthday wish, I had too." I grumble, rolling my eyes as I crawl onto my bed, pulling my comforter on me as I pushed my head back on the pillows.

Every birthday we have we always tell each other our birthday wishes, it another rule we have, we've been doing it sense we could remember, and of course JJ made that rule up.

I shake my head at the thought.

"Whatever, it was the only way you would've told me." he mumbles, sarcasm laced his tone. I could practically hear his eye roll.

He's not lying.

I laugh, moving to lay on my side, facing the other way from my closet. "Can you hurry? I'm tired." I change the subject, keeping my voice low but loud enough for him to hear.

I hear him hum lowly in response, I listen closely as I hear him leave my closet, his footsteps low on my floor.

I shift around to lay on my back, as he stood at the foot of my bed, a grin on his face.

He was wearing no shirt as always, and a pair of black tracksuit bottoms. His blond hair messy on his head.

I smile at him so softly, "You should really clean your closet, I swear there might be a mouse under that pile of cloth—"

Before he could finish I grab my pillow under my head, my head dropping onto the bed as I throw the pillow at him, a laugh falling from my lips.

It's not that messy..

He catches it with ease, his grin spreading wider as he holds the pillow to his bare chest, crossing his arms around it. "I definitely have to be extra cautious next time I walk in there." he so thoughtfully continues, shaking his head as he scrunches his face up.

My mouth parts as I lean up on my elbows, tilting my head to the side, my curls following. "How dare you? There is no such thing in there." I hissed at him, narrowing my eyes.

He shrugs a shoulder, uncrossing his arms from the pillow and throwing it beside my head, his plump lips bright with a smile.

"I know what I heard." he purses his lips. Oaf.

I give him my middle finger before leaning over and grabbing the pillow, laying my head down on it.

He snickers under his breath before crawling on his knees beside me, laying down on his back, he pulls the comforter over his body, letting out a sigh.

I turn to my side, facing him as I scoot down a little, laying my head on his chest as I drape an arm over his torso. "You see? This is why you are an oaf." I murmur to him, as I shake my head against his chest.

Bleeding J.

He groans under his breath, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, pressing me more against him, making my skin crawl. "Yeah, but I'm your oaf." he states. And I can practically hear his smile as he shrugs a shoulder under my side carelessly.

That. That made my heart throb.

I slap his side softly, "Yeah, yeah you are." I nod against his chest, a smile bright on my lips.

He hums lowly, sheepishly, "But you are my Mae mae too.." his low voice trails off.

I scrunch my eyebrows up, his words making me squeeze him closer as I turn my head, putting my chin on his chest as I glance at his face.

He's asleep, and he looks so peaceful, I tilt my head with a sigh, before laying my head back on his chest, pulling the comforter more over us with my hand that's draped over his waist.

"Goodnight, J.." I mumble, so tiredly. As I feel my eyes close shut.

༻✧༇

"I'm just saying." I put my hands up defensively, turning my body to lounge in the corner between the van door and the actual seat, my fingers toying with the loose threads of one of JJ's bracelets that lay snuggly on my tanned wrist.

John b groaned in despair as me and JJ mentioned Kiara once again, making me let out a low laugh.

We've been nagging him all morning, he still hasn't come to terms with at least trying with Kiara.

JJ and I left my house early, more because of my parents, JJ knows what happens with my da, and he knows I don't like staying there more then I have too. If I do it's for my brother.

I miss him.

I want to come home more to see him, but I know if I do I will most likely be smacked or left with another bruise.

When I told JJ about my da, he was fuming, though it was anger, but it was also sadness for me, he was completely broken, he cried in my arms telling me everything would be okay, I believed him, because I thought it would be too.

My da doesn't always leave bruises, it's more red marks, but when he's completely gone mad at me I go to my brother or leave with a bruised eye or cheek.

I think I've bled from my lip once, it was probably the worst hit he's done on me.

Though the hits don't hurt me as much anymore, it's almost as if I've become immune to them.

But I've told him, my da, multiple times I'm sorry for whatever I did, and I'm sorry for not being the daughter he had in mind. I only ever wanted to make him proud.

I knock myself out of thought, as JJ brushed his hand over my knee, I turned to look at him as he gave me a curious look.

I shake my head, "I zoned out." I mouth to him slowly. Tears behind my eyes at the thought but I don't let them show, nor fall. I will never cry because of my da again.

JJ gives me a slow nod before staring into my brown eyes, tilting his head to the side before he reluctantly pulls his eyes from mine, looking towards John b.

"I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara." JJ finished for me. He was sat in between mine and John b's seat, his legs pulled almost to his chest whilst they were spread.

"She clearly likes you." I spoke after a moment in such confidence, my words even more powerful after we seen the way they acted after the 'cheek' kiss.

I turn my head to look at JJ, watching as he nods, agreeing with me. "She like, 'Oh John b.'" JJ faked a high-pitched moan, a poor attempt at imitating Kiara. His head pushed back which naturally arched his spine, lifting him off the ground for a few moments.

That did not sound like her, at all. And that expression made me laugh, as I tilted my head back on the seat, my lips parted as I take a deep breath to control my laughter, before briefly turning my head to look at John b.

JJ snickers under his breath.

John b turns his head for a moment to glance at me and JJ, "Is that what she does?" he furrowed his eyebrows as he asked the question.

That impression was terrible, and the message he was conveying was very exaggerating, making me lean over slightly and flick the bottom up his hat.

"She's sketching about you diving, then kissed you." JJ stated factually, we both actually believed he was a twit for not going for Kiara.

I still haven't talked to her about them, I plan on doing it today, because I'm almost positive she likes him, but I don't know a hundred percent yet, but I'm sure John b likes her bleeding either.

I sigh, propping my hand up on the passenger side door.

JJ shoots me a playful glare from the corner of his eye before bringing his hand to his hat and pushing it down, shaking his head as John b let out a scoff which was barley audible.

I lean my head against the window my hand rested against my cheek, as I switched my gaze between John b and JJ.

"She kissed me on the cheek." John b corrected my best friend, trying to make it seem less of a big deal then we have been making it.

It lingered, for at least more then ten seconds. It was definitely more then just a 'cheek' kiss.

JJ and I roll our eyes at the same time, I'm sure John b notices because he groans, "It's not like we were making out or something." John b tried to defend himself.

My best friend and I shake our head in unison, disapprovingly.

"Low hanging fruit, bro." JJ sighed, throwing his hands up before dropping them to his knees.

I knew if this was any other girl on the island John b would have already swooped in on his opportunity already. But it's Kie, so I understand indefinitely.

I nod towards JJ, "Don't pretend you don't notice, I can see it in your eyes." I widen my eyes, bringing my middle and index finger to point at my eye sockets.

JJ let out a laugh, as I let my hand drop to my lap, smiling softly.

John b shook his head, rolling his eyes at us briefly.

"You're like, 'I kinda like that,' and you start blushing and shit." JJ nods, I watch as his eyes wonder to the severely wrecked homes that we have been driving past.

Storm Agatha did damage, it was pretty bonkers.

"I blush? Really?" John b says cockily, turning his head briefly to look at JJ and I, smirking.

I scrunch my eyebrows together with a laugh, "Yeah." JJ and I say in union.

I shake my head, my lips curling up at the corners. I lean my head off the window.

John b let out a amused chuckle as he shook his head, making me turn my head towards him, my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"What?" I asked bluntly, arching a singular brow at him, thought his eyes are on the road.

JJ laid his hand on my knee, making my breath hitch for a moment, "What's so funny?" JJ asked, sounding genuinely confused as me.

John b shrugged a shoulder lazily, "Nothing... I just don't think you guys should be giving me relationship advice when neither of you have actually gone out with anyone sense forever." he turned his head to give us a glance, a satisfied grin on his lips.

I open my mouth, then close it.

I haven't. I don't think I have sense I was fifteen or something. And I can not even remember JJ ever having a girlfriend.

I lean over JJ's head, smacking the back of John b's head harshly, "Whatever, you bleeding arsehole." I hiss, irritated that he even said that.

I graze JJ's hat with my hand as I lean back in my seat once again.

John b steered with on hand as he brung his other hand to the spot where I slapped him, rubbing it, "That hurt. I was just kidding Mae mae." he groaned, glancing over at me for a brief moment.

I give him my middle finger in response, making him blow me a kiss with the hand that was rubbing his head.

My face rolls up, "Oh, shove off, will you?" I asked him, not waiting for a answer as I look down at my blond best friend who was already looking at me.

He coughed into his hand to suppress his laughter, which he failed, making me roll my eyes and push his hand off my knee.

JJ put his hand I pushed off back on my knee, rubbing soothing circles, I sigh.

"J, you know he was talking about you to, right?" I noted, briefly glancing at John b before looking back at JJ.

JJ kept his gorgeous blue eyes on mine, as he shrugged, "He can't even really talk, he noticeably likes Kiara but won't make a move." he commented, a grin placed on his lips but was immediately gone and into a small pout as John b smacked his head.

JJ hissed under his breath as I bite my lower lip, holding back my laughter.

I turn my head to look at John b as he let's out a chuckle, keeping his eyes on the road with a massive grin.

JJ's hand tightens a little on my knee, "Douche." he muttered, gaining a low laugh from me.

JJ used his other hand and shoved John b's shoulder lightly before I follow as his eyes pounder to the bronzed compass that was laying flat on the dashboard.

I reach my hand out, leaning forward as I clasp it in my hand, I turn my head to the side as John b lunges for it in my hand, but before he can grab it JJ pushes him back by his chest, pushing him back onto the driver seat.

"Dude, don't lunge at her." JJ said, oddly protectively as he crossed his arms over his knees, giving John b a glare from the corner of his eyes.

John b huffed, putting both of his hands on the steering wheel.

I clutch it in my hand and lean more back into the seat, "Mate, I'm just looking at it." I couldn't help grin as I look at the compass in my hand.

Big John.

John b nodded at me slightly, "I'm sorry, Mae mae, I thought your hand was JJ's for a moment." he told me, snickering as JJ unfolded his arms and pushed his shoulder once again.

I shook my head with a sigh, my eyes grazing over the carved imprint on the compass.

"I got to admit, your fathers compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky." JJ confessed, his hooded eyes on the compass in my hand.

John b nodded with me, keeping his eyes on the road, "Yeah. That's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana's, to figure this whole thing out." he told us, taking his hat off and slinging it onto the dashboard.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, as I flip the compass around in my hand, "I'm sure she would just love to talk to us. It's not like her husband just drowned or anything." I shook my head, sarcasm laced my tone.

༻✧༇

We soon arrived at Ms. Lana's. Her house wasn't what I thought I'd be after seeing the Grady-White, and the safe full of money.

It was red, small, and looked a lot like the Chateau.

I scrunch my eyebrows together as I pull the passenger door to the twinkie open. My feet land on the ground as I keep the door open for JJ to come out of.

I squinted my eyes as the sun-rays invaded my eyes, blinding me as I listened to the seabirds cawing.

I shake my head lowly as I turn, facing the door as JJ crawls on his knees onto the seat, huffing loudly as he steps out of the van with a loud rustling on the grass.

He fixes his hat, his gorgeous blue eyes on me.

He shuts the door close with his back.

I blow out a laugh as I sling my arm over his shoulder pulling him to my side as he wraps his arm loosely around my torso, we walk on the dry mud, in front of the van.

"You know what this place looks like?" I asked rhetorically, gesturing with my free hand to the property. "Whoever lives here smokes to much weed." I pursed my lips.

John b makes a swift move in front of me, standing on the other side of me as he throws his arm over my shoulder, I wrap my arm around his waist.

John b brings his other hand to his lips, pressing his index and thumb together, demonstrating as if he was smoking a blunt.

I shake my head with a laugh.

I glance at JJ from the corner of my eye who is shaking his head, "It takes one to know one, Mae mae." JJ muttered, scrunching his nose up.

John b and I laugh, as they both sandwich me in between them.

I push JJ's shoulder with mine, leaning more into him as he tightens his arm around my torso.

My heart warms.

They both keep my in between them as we slowly start approaching closer to Ms. Lana's house, my stomach swirls.

I loosen my arm around JJ's shoulder, my eyes squinting on the oddly red house.

We start walking closer to the house, when there was a sudden loud nose of glass smashing, and it sounded like stuff being thrown around.

JJ and John b tighten there arms around me, as we start walking slower.

The glass breaking got louder, "Bullshit!" I hear a man yell, his voice harsh. He sounded like he was at least forty.

My lips pull into a thin line as I fiddle with the collar of JJ's blue shirt anxiously, my stomach dropping.

I turn my gaze to JJ as his eyes are already on me, his eyes soft. "Maybe we should come back." JJ spoke up after a moment of silence between us. "It's a little to soon.." he continued nervously, I could practically feel his heart thumping rapidly against his chest. 

I blow out a unnoticeable breath.

John b shakes his head on the other side of me, "No, no, shut up, JJ." he hissed, keeping his eyes on the red house, as we walked closer.

I bite the inside of my cheek, rolling my eyes at my daft brunette mate.

JJ takes his hat off with his other hand, slipping it into his back pocket, as he shook his head, his messy blond hair falling into his eyes.

I turn my head slightly to look at John b, "Jb, come on. I hear blokes in there shouting." I sighed, agreeing with JJ, as my hooded eyes darted back to the red house.

JJ suddenly shoves me more into his side as John b does the same, making me extremely squashed between them.

I blow out a deep breath.

There was more crashing that made its way to my ear from that house, my eyebrows raise.

"Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up."  the same man says, I could hear the anger in his voice as Lana gasps.

I stop in my tracks making my two mates stop with me, as I shake my head. "No bleeding way." I whisper to them, scrunching my face up.

JJ nods his head towards me, eyeing John b down with a glare, "You heard Mae mae, let's go. Do you not hear that?" JJ says, motioning his free arm to the red house.

The glass breaking, things hitting the wall, that's are cue to get to bleeding hell out of here.

John b groans, pulling me with them making me walk, as they continue dragging me along, well, John b.

JJ sighs, darting his eyes from me and the red house. He pulls me closer to him, if that is even possible, we are hip to hip.

John b's hand was loosen around my shoulders.

"J— Just come on, please A, I have to see what she knows about the compass." John b pleaded, glancing at me for a moment, his eyes full of emotion.

Shit, this is going to be bad.

I groan lowly, nodding reluctantly. I want to know too, need to know.

"Bullshit! I'll sink you in the fucking—" the mans voice echoing from the house gets cut of by Ms. Lana pleading, "You're hurting me!" she gasps loud enough for us to hear.

We all duck low at the loud crash that comes after her voice, my heart pounding.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"I—"

"Shut up. Come on." John b interrupts JJ, pointing his index finger at us with his other hand, his eyes glaring holes into us.

I hiss under my breath, clenching my jaw as John b tugs us closer to Ms. Lana's red house, "Where the fuck is it, you bitch?" the man shouts once's again, as another crashing sound hits my ears, making me tighten my arm that's over JJ's shoulders.

JJ runs his tongue over his bottom lip, wetting it as I feel his eyes burning the side of my face.

We crouch down lower, walking slowly under a big tree close to her window, my heart thumping, and I can feel JJ's pulse on my arm, thumping just as fast as mine.

"I don't know!" Ms. Lana tells the man, her voice cracking with desperation.

I bite the inside of my cheek as my eyes wonder over to the windows, catching a glance of the man's back, we all sprint past the tree, but John b let's go of my shoulder, sprinting past us as he peeks through the window.

I curse under my breath as I pull myself from JJ's grip who tries to pull me back but I pull my arm from his grip, sprinting in front of John b and tugging him down low below the window once I see the man peaking out just an inch.

JJ stumbles on the other side of John b, his breathing rapid.

I push John b's head, glaring at him for his stupidity, "You—"

"Shut up." John b cuts me off, whispering under his breath. He puts his finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet.

I sigh under my breath, as I shove his shoulder with mine, our heads just below the window where that man was. Shit.

"Still think we should stay?" I ask John b under my breath, whist he just stares ahead, flinching as we hear more crashing, and Ms. Lana sobbing.

My breathing becomes harsh, I lay my head back on the red wall.

I watch from the corner of my eye as JJ tries to come to my side, his face hard. But John b puts his arm in front of him, pulling him back against the wall.

I hear JJ curse under his breath.

"The compass wasn't in the boat!" another man yells, his voice harsh.

Wait. Compass? What the bleeding hell.

I twist my ring on my finger rapidly, my lips tightened.

"Don't listen, J." I mutter to him, my head pushed back hard against the red wall.

I hear him blow out a deep breath from beside Jb.

I can't get to him, I need to. But the man is right by the bleeding window.

Another crash comes from inside, knocking white pecks of something onto all three of our heads.

I lean my head down, as JJ does the same. I shake my head a little, trying to get whatever the hell that was out of my curls.

I run my fingers through my hair as I bring my head back up, "Is that bleeding paint?" I questioned my friends in a whisper once I get a good look at the white paint laying in my hands.

JJ hums, "I don't know, I think." he murmurs, his tone frustrated.

I wipe my hands together, patting the paint off.

I groan under my breath as John b nods, my eyes darting between the both of them, "Yes it's paint." he nods, his eyebrows pulled together.

My face flinches back as I hear Ms. Lana plead again.

"Let's get the hell out of here, man."

I blow out a breath of relief at the man's words, my lower lip pulled into my mouth.

I hear JJ and John b breathing heavy beside me.

Fuck.

"We should go. He's got smuggler..."  John b cuts me off, once again, as we continue walking to the end of the wall, "Mae, just come on." he says lowly.

I shake my head, "He's got smuggler written all over him." I say harshly under my breath, ignoring his words.

I look behind John b for a moment, seeing JJ nod to my words, agreeing.

I twist my ring.

We all bend down slightly as we all peer are heads over the end of the wall, John b behind me, as JJ peers over his shoulder.

I see the man walking out, and he looks oddly familiar.

John b pulls me back with him, as we hide our body's against the red wall.

I huff a breath out of my nose as we peer over again, barley, I see another man walking behind him, as they walk off, fast.

Then, then it bleeding clicks.

I clench my teeth together, "Mates, those were the people that shot at us." I hiss under my breath, anger heating up my face.

I turn my head to look at John b and JJ who nod rapidly, "Shit, they are." JJ nods, as white paint falls from his hair.

I almost laugh, but I don't, I shake my head as John b grabs my upper arm lightly, pulling me back with them, "Go back, go back." he mutters as JJ scoots back against the wall.

We look over at the two men who shot as us, whilst they get into there boat, there engine roaring to life as they drive away on the water.

JJ immediately reaches over John b once the men drive away, he interlocks my fingers with his and tugs me back with him, I follow, standing beside him as John b leads us past overgrown grass to her porch.

I rub circles on the back of JJ's hand to sooth him, "You're okay, J." I tell him, my voice low.

He nods, "Just don't leave my side, please." he mumbles, running his free hand into his blond hair.

My face softens as I nod, "Never." I say, softly.

I watch as he visibly swallows harshly, I tighten my hand with his as we walk fully onto Ms. Lana's porch, John b leading us.

JJ and I take big steps on the porch to follow John b, Ms. Lana's door was already wide open.

I bite my lower lip as we walk inside, through her living room, "Ms. Lana?" JJ calls out from beside me.

He tightens his hand with mine.

My eyes peer over her house, everything— almost everything was broken, shattered.

My heart aches.

My head turns slightly and I see her in the bathroom, on the floor whilst she sat on a towel, her face wet with tears as she sobbed.

Fuck.

John b rushes to her, kneeling on one knee by the bathroom door, barley touching her shoulder, "Hey, are you okay?" John b questioned, his voice laced with worry.

This is mad.

I let out a deep breath as I analyze her terrified face.

I pull JJ's side closer to mine with my hand, as we reach behind John b slightly.

My eyes pounder between Ms. Lana and John b.

She had her arms crossed, her eyes bloodshot red as John b tried to comfort her, but she pulled away, "It's okay, it's okay." he told her, though she looked nothing but okay.

I shook my head, as JJ grazed his hand over John b's shoulder, "Dude, she's tweaking." JJ cautioned.

I nod my head to JJ, something isn't right.

John b ignored JJ. "Do you need a doctor?" he asked her. But she continued to sob, looking at all three of us terrified.

I shake my head, taking a cautious step back, pulling JJ with me by his hand, and he followed.

John b turned to look at us for a moment, "Mae, call the sheriffs department." he tells me, his face unreadable as his long brown hair fell into his eyes.

I reach my free hand to my back pocket as I start to slip my phone Ms.Lana cries out, "No cops, please." her teary eyes pounder over the three of us.

I immediately slip my phone fully back into my back pocket, "Mm." I hummed, "That's not good. Come on, mate. Let's just go." I whispered to John b, putting my free hand on his shoulder as I tried to pull him back with us.

He pulled his shoulder from my arm, looking at me with as he shook his head before he turned his head back to Ms.Lana.

I bite my lip anxiously as I turn my head to look at JJ, his blue eyes pierce into mine, his face rolled up slightly.

He pulls my side back to him by my hand, "John b, let's go. Mae's right." he told our friend, trying to convince him to leave.

I wanted to help, but she clearly didn't want it, she didn't want the cops called, and she didn't want the ambulance called.

"You shouldn't be here," she sobbed.

I exchanged glances between JJ and John b, "That's enough for me. Come on." I shake my head, pulling John b's shoulder once again. But he pulls my hand back to him.

JJ reaches his free hand over, pulling my hand from John b's grip, "John b, let's go." he tells him, his tone low.

His breathing was harsh.

I let my hand that he grabbed from John b's fall from his, dangling by my side.

I rest my head on JJ's shoulder lazily, as I bit my lower lip. He lays his head on mine, as I continue to rub circles on the back of his hand.

"Wait, wait." John b pleaded to us, then he turned his face back to Ms.Lana, "What do you know about those guys?" he asked.

Ms.Lana sniffled, resting her head against the wall. "They were looking for something." she breathed out.

The compass, but why is that making her so hysterical?

John b quickly slipped his hand into his pocket, bringing out the bronzed compass. "Does it have anything to do with this?" he questions.

The woman's face fell and her whimpers ceased when she caught a glance at the compass. She began to shake her head, as if she wished she never saw the damned thing.

"Do you know anything about this?" he asked, "This is my fathers, Scooter had it. Why?" he continued. The look of pure terror was enough for both JJ and I.

"Scooter didn't have it, okay?" she choked out, "Don't tell anyone you have it!" she warned.

I take my head off JJ's shoulder as we both start to pull John b up with our free hands, as I shook my head. "Come on." I pleaded to John b.

Shit this is bad.

John b stood up, letting us drag him back a little. "Why?" he continued to Ms.Lana.

"They can't know!" she yelled incoherently. "You got to get out of here!" she continued to plead.

I turn my head to JJ, his eyes already on me, wide. "John b, we gotta go man." JJ said as he turned his head back to face John b, patting his shoulder as we both pulled him back with us.

I keep my free hand interlocked with JJ's, his hand tightening with mine.

꧁✧꧂

I love this so much.

Okay, any thoughts on Rafe's Pov? I loved that too, so, so, so much.

I hope you like this.

Comment and vote if you want.

💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 403 39
I don't know what to do, it unbelievable, and I don't how to get over, get over, someone as dangerous, tainted and flawed as you. Moving to an unknow...
12K 156 5
πˆππ…π„π‘ππŽ ━━━ . . . β‡’ ˗ˏˋ Love is my deadliest weapon and your my favourite victim ࿐ྂ "I wanna kill you." "Im 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴." she was a mirror...
228K 3.3K 72
Aspen Ross is as Pogue as they come. Ever since her Dad left and her Mom went away on business, it's been just her and her brother. Aspen, along with...