Painting the Sky (M×M)

By WhitePetal_015

Noah Howarthhorn is having a peaceful life as a queen of the mortal realm. He has a powerful mate, lovely kid... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Peaceful Life
Chapter 2: Panic
Chapter 3: Worries
Chapter 4: Latenight Talks
Chapter 5: Tiger Shifters
Chapter 6: Meeting
Chapter 7: Petals and Fire
Chapter 8: Invitation
Chapter 9: Annual Crystal Gala
Chapter 10: Aftermath
Chapter 11: Drowning
Chapter 12: Who?
Chapter 14: Under the Moonlight
Chapter 15: Conversations
Chapter 16: Leisure Times But....
Chapter 17: A Chaos
Chapter 18: Fire Against Fire
Chapter 19: Are You An Angel?
Chapter 20: Warmth
Chapter 21: Are They Really...?
Chapter 22: Gruesome Gift
Chapter 23: Manor in the Woods

Chapter 13: Welcome Feast

1 0 0
By WhitePetal_015

The room was silent, accepting heavy breathing. It couldn't be. Couldn't.

Two angels sat on opposite ends of the table and stared at each other. Cerulean orbs bored to the molten golden ones, trying to figure out what was going on in the other's mind. Whatever it was, it could be the same thing since both of them just said the same thing.

"No way? Demons?"

Alliana was the first one to break the silence. Her eyes widened, and her face was filled with different emotions. Surprise, disbelief, worry, and fear. Others around the table weren't different. All of them couldn't believe what they had heard.

"If the Mortal and Angel Relam both destroy, the only one that could get benefits is daemons."

Jace completed his mate's thoughts. How could he not have considered that possibility before? Well, he didn't think this attack would evolve into such a big thing.

"But demons?" Maro still couldn't believe this. "Isn't the underworld sealed after the last war?"

"Yes, my father sealed it after the last war."

Percival confirmed with furrow.

Jace felt his mate shudder suddenly, but when he looked at him, he seemed okay. Well, it can be okay in this situation. Noah's fingers tightened around Jace's, and he was biting his lower lip. His eyebrows were knitted, and it seemed omega was thinking so hard.

But before he could voice his concern, Percival continued what he was saying.

"But it was many years ago. We don't know if the seal is still there. and there could be other ways to come out of the underworld."

"We don't know what was going on, surely." Jace let out a sigh. This was getting messier with time. "So, we can only now check about all the possibilities until we find clear confirmation."

"Jace is right." Noah agreed. "We should look for both original hunters and demons."

"Maro, you take some warriors and go check the seal of the underworld in Angel Realm." Percival instructed. Alliana, you take care of entrance into the mortal realm."

"I can join you with my warriors also." Yoongi offered.

"It will be great help Lord Yoongi." Alliana smiled at the commander of Midnight Warriors.

"Yoongi, Kara, increase the security of all entrances and public places." Jace instructed. "We couldn't risk another attack."

"Okay, Jace."

"Colin, interrogate Diana and those who help organize the ball." Noah added. "We need to find out who put drugs in drinks."

"Question everyone who is involved and find out who drugged Petal" Jace ordered in a stern voice. "It must be a guest of the gala."

"Yes, my king, my queen."

The meeting continued as Jace, Noah, and Percival assigned tasks for their next steps. Nathen and Rachel were going to look for any traces of the original hunters, while Taehyun and Ryan were going to care about omega trades and hunter matters. Yoongi and Alliana were going to check about the underworld entrance in the mortal realm, while Maro and Kad were going to check about the angel's realm. Kara and Alice were going to increase all the security so they could avoid another attack.

"Since that is all, let's end the meeting from here." After finalizing everything, Jace declared: "Welcome everyone to the welcome feast of Prince Percival and the Warriors."

It was a good thing Noah had been organized before. Otherwise, he wasn't going to be able to organize it while staying in bed. If they didn't welcome them properly, they were the ones going to lose their face.

"Oh, I thought you were going to skip feast with everything going on." Percival said with surprise.

"How could I not show a proper welcome to our honorable guest?" Jace also replied with the same tone. "My husband had been preparing this feast since a week ago since you said you were going to arrive then. So now we can finally use it. So, forget everything and enjoy yourself fully."

"Since it is the hard work of our queen, how can we let it go to waste?" Parcival's eyes moved to Noah. "So let's enjoy it."

Servants came, leading everyone to the dining room.

Except for council members and warriors, Jace had invited a few guests. Among them were Noah's children, Emily as the previous Luna, and Ryann's parents as previous advisors and commanders. Jace went to the ball hall with their guests, while Noah went to find his children, who had arrived earlier.

He went to the garden, knowing where everyone was.

"Mum!"

Loud voices echoed as he entered the garden. There were his brats running around playing after each other while Emily and Rayan's parents enjoyed tea silently. Esmin was sitting on the grass, staring with wide eyes at his sibling running around and playing. His sibling tried to add him to the game, but Esmin didn't want to. But he was participating, making small voices as his siblings chased after each other. At least that was something.

"Mama!"

Aryan was the first one to notice Noah. Everyone stopped playing and ran to their mother.

Noah crouched down on the ground, taking the running pups one by one and slowly scenting them.

"Mommy..."

A whimper echoed as Esmin whined to reach Noah. His chubby legs weren't long enough to run Noah fast, so Levi had to pick up his youngest sibling to avoid an accident.

"My cutie."

Noah stood up, reaching towards his eldest and youngest after putting Owen, who had scented, down. But before he took Esmin, he brushed his nose along Levi's neck, scenting him. With Esmin in his hands, Levi also responded by breathing deeply as his own ginger scent was covered up with various flowery aromas. Levi had now almost reached Noah's height. When did his son grow up this much? It wouldn't take much time to pass him up.

"Oh, come here, my puppy."

Noah cooed Esmin, who was whimpering and ready to cry because he was not getting his mother's attention. Noah lastly paid Esmin attention because he knew when his pup came to his hands he wasn't going to leave. So, he wanted to first pay attention to others before giving the rest of his time to Esmin.

As Noah predicted, as soon as he reached into his mother's arms, the little pup burrowed his face in Noah's scent gland, inhaling a deeply flowery aroma. He clenched Noah's shirt with a small fist, not intending to go. And Noah knew very well that the whole night Esmin was going to stay at his arms.

"Is it time?"

Emily asked, standing up.

"Yes, everyone was waiting for us at the dining hall."

Noah slowly stroked Esmin's back while greeting Rayan's parents.

"Hello aunty, hello uncle."

"We heard you got hurt yesterday; how are you now?"

Nina, Ryan's mother and former commander of the Midnight Warriors asked as they walked down the hallway.

"I'm okay now." Noah assured. "It's a little wound."

"Even a little, just be careful." Nina said with a smile.

It wasn't far from the garden to the dining hall. So, it didn't take much time for them to reach. The whole dining room was lit with large chandeliers and decorated elegantly with simple decorations.

The first one to see them was Jace, who had been chatting with Percival. The moment he saw his mate and child, his whole face lit up with a smile.

***

The feast hadn't started yet. But servants were serving champagne and wine as guests chatted around, getting acquainted with each other. Jace could see how Aliana and Yoongi were chatting about training and weapons while Ryan and Maro were in some serious discussion. No wonder they all hit it off, seeing their common interests. Alice was with Rachel and Kara, chattering about who knew what. Kad was with Taehyun and Nathen. And the way they were talking, Jace knew they were planning some silly prank. He should ask Noah to keep them on track before those three cause some trouble. Well, it wasn't the first time.

"My brother was talking really highly about you."

Jace turned to face Percival, who was now standing by his side with a glass of wine.

"Oh, we have been friends." Jace said, looking at others. Even though Jace had heard only good things about Percival after seeing how his mate had behaved, he had some doubts in his mind.

"He told me." Percival took a sip from his glass. "He had lots of praise for you. I could see why, finally."

Jace didn't like the way Percival was eyeing him.

"Your brother is also good." Jace took a sip of his own wine. "It was a shame he was too busy to visit."

"Yeah." Percival swelled the glass. "He also said that. He was saying he missed a chance to matchmake us. Otherwise, he could have some excuse to visit."

Jace choked on his own wine. He somehow managed to not spill everything out of his mouth. Oh, God. How could he have forgotten? Nayman had the idea of matching his younger brother with him. And that younger brother was Percival.

But before Jace could find words to form a reply, the doors of the hall opened, welcoming Noah and his children, his mother, and Ryan's parents. Thanks to God, at least he had a little bit of luck.

"Excuse me." Jace excused himself as politely as he could from going to his mate after placing a wine glass on his hand on the table.

"Daddy."

Twins greeted him first, followed by other children except Esmin, who was still attached to his mother's side.

"Hello, Mini, don't you want to greet your day?" Jace asked, rubbing the back of his youngest, who was still in his mother's arms, while others ran off to greet uncles and aunties.

Esmin raised his head from Noah's neck and glanced at him with large, clear eyes that resembled his mate before hiding behind Noah's neck.

"He is in a clingy mood." Noah rubbed his son's back, trying to soothe him down. He knew when Esmin was like that, he was easily distressed.

"I see." Jace said, peaking at Noah's honey-favored lips. "How are you?

"You saw me a few minutes before." Noah laughed as his antics continued. "I'm fine."

"But still." Jace pouted. "I'm worrying."

"Don't worry, my king, I'm good. Let's go; we have a feast to attend."

Noah said, knowing some eyes were on them.

"Well, okay then." Jace said it with a sigh. Why it was so hard to have time with his mate.

Noah laughed, knowing exactly what was on his mate's mind. But he took Jace's hand as alpha led him to the main table.

"This feast is to officially welcome Prince Percival, Lord Maro, Lady Alliana, Lady Alice, and Lord Kadmiel." Jace started the feast officially as everyone took their respective seats. "Hope our alliance will last long and these threats will be eliminated soon. For the future of Heaven and Earth."

Jace toasted.

"For the future of Heaven and Earth."

Others repeated it by raising their wine glasses.

Servants immediately began to fill the table with delicious dishes, serving Jace first, followed by Noah, and the others in order as the feast was starting.

Even after everyone had filled their plates, they all waited without touching their food. Even angels who were guests waited until the King took the first bite.

Jace slowly stirred the soup until it was slightly cold and held the spoon to Noah's lips.

Noah could hear the gasps coming from angels, but no one cared about them. Noah felt his cheeks burning as he accepted the soup. Even though Jace had done that many times, he still couldn't stop feeling shy every time. Noah glanced at those amber orbs that were filled with love and tenderness. He must be really lucky to have a mate like him.

"Stop being so lovely, dovely." Ryan muttered from his side, staring at the food.

"Let them be. It's young love." Emily commented.

"Yeah, focus on your own, mate." Kara gave a sinking eye to his mate, shutting down Ryan like a puppy.

Noah smiled at his friends' antics while keeping an eye on Owen, ready to help if he was needed. Owen, on the other hand, was now adept at handling his own food, even though he was still only four years old. Emily sat with the twins, so Noah knew she was keeping an eye on them.

Esmin was sitting on Noah's lap with his face on Noah's neck, refusing to eat despite Noah's gentle coaxing. So, Noah let him be, knowing he would let him be when he was huggable.

"Your youngest didn't seem to leave your arms, my queen." Alice asked from the other side of the table. "How old is he?"

"Ah, Esmin is a little shy. Sorry about him." Noah said, stroking the pup's back. "He is just two."

"Two?" Aliana asked with surprise. "But isn't he so smaller? Your other children are far more mature than their age. So why wasn't he? Is there something wrong?"

There was silence with her question. Esmin's birth was a very touchy topic, and everyone close to Noah and Jace knew how much the couple suffered during the pregnancy and birth with the constituent deteriorating health of Noah, and Jace was fearful about his mate's and pup's lives. So, they avoided reminding each other at that time, but always it had caught up with Esmin's weak health.

"I'm sorry if I asked something that offended you."

Alliana quickly apologized, sensing the sudden shift at the table. But her voice didn't seem to be much of an apology, and there was a cunning glint in her eyes. Noah was very familiar with them. She hadn't changed after all.

"It was a premature birth." Noah replied before Jace opened his mouth. There was a smile on his lips, but it hadn't reached his eyes. "So, there were some complications, but he was perfectly healthy. That was the only matter."

Noah's voice was clear; there was no chance for this topic. And taking a hint from his friend Taehyun he smoothly changed the subject.

"We have beautiful hot springs that say they have holy water. You should probably visit them."

"Really."

Kad and Alice's attention was easily picked up by that as Taehyun continued describing the beauty and legends around the hot spring. Noah could feel Aliana's and Percival's eyes on him, but he didn't mind them as he gently wiped away soup from the corner of Owen's mouth.

The feast continued with small chats with the servants bringing them to the next course. They served specially cut meat for children, so Noah didn't have to worry about it. Noah gently rocked Esmin while Jace cut his steak. Then Jace switched his plate with Noah's, on which he had already cut the steak into small, bite-sized pieces. Noah sent a grateful smile to his mate while taking small pieces.

The rest of the dinner was finished with small talk and exchanging things about both realms.

"How about some music?" Taehyun requested it loudly after they finished with the last dessert.

"Song Taehyun!" Colin hissed with a glare. "Your manners."

"What? What feast was complete without music?" Taehyun granted. "And I want to dance."

Before anyone protested, Taehyun put on some music, letting beautiful music fill the room.

"Yeah, let's dance."

Taehyun was the first one to go to the dance floor, dragging Colin with him. Even though Coiln blamed his mate for his childish manner, he soon gave up. Then followed Kara dragging Ryan and Rachel dragging Nathen. After a little while, Alice joined the dance field with Kad while Aliana dragged grumpy Maro, who was complaining about stupid dances.

Kayden, the twins, and Owen ran around playing and dancing with Nathen's three pups, Tom, Coner, and Mat. They were all having fun with life, chasing and playing.

"Would you like to dance, my queen?"

A voice called, breaking his glance from the running pups. There was Jace in front of him, holding a hand out to him. Noah smiled, looking at his mate. He would love to dance, but his glance moved the pup in his arms. Esmin hadn't moved from his position since the beginning of the feast. Even when Noah tried to get him to eat something or encourage him to play with some pups. Now he was dozing off with the soft music around them.

"Mom, I can take care of him."

Levi said, standing next to Noah. He had been chatting with his friend Max, Ryan's youngest brother, when he saw his father inviting his mother to dance.

"Are you sure?"

Noah felt guilty for dumping his pup on his eldest. He wanted to let all of his children enjoy the night without looking after the younger ones.

"It's okay. I can handle Esmin for a little while." Levi said it with a smile.

So, Noah handed the dozing pup to Levi, who immediately placed him at the crock of his neck so the familiar smell could calm him down. Esmin didn't protest much about changing arms. So, Noah thought he would be okay for a while.

With a smile Noah took Jace's offered hand, letting familiar warmth blanket him. Jace led him to the dance floor and wrapped arms around his slender waist, minding his injury, as Noah wrapped his arms around Alpha's neck. The world had faded away as the fated pair swayed slowly to music. Noah smiled as they moved elegantly and were spun around a couple of times.

Noah felt happy and floating as they danced on. It was like thousands of sparkles on their bodies, luring them to each other. He was happy, away from all worries and threats. He felt like he was falling in love with this wonderful person once again.

The whole dance and feast reminded him of the first time the same thing happened in this same hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 262 91
Erotic shots
2M 100K 37
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
284K 39.1K 20
လက်တွေ့ဘဝနှင့် နီးစပ်ချင်ယောင်ဆောင်ခြင်း
260K 10.2K 32
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚