SERENDIPITY 「KJB」

By DaeyeoLION

"There I was again tonight Forcing laughter, faking smiles Same old tired, lonely place Walls of insincerity... More

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 #FINAL
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1 : JUNG LEIA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #3 : KIM JIBEOM
SPECIAL CHAPTER #4 : CHOI SUNGYOON
SPECIAL CHAPTER #5 : THE LETTERS
SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN
SPECIAL CHAPTER #7 : BONG JAEHYUN & KIM HANNI
SPECIAL CHAPTER #8 : KIM AREUM

Epilogue

37 7 9
By DaeyeoLION

Song suggestion while reading :
"Bottom Of The Ocean" - Golden Child
"Enchanted" - Taylor Swift
"One Call Away" - Charlie Puth
"Love Story" - Taylor Swift
"I Love U Crazy!" - Golden Child
"Love Shaker" - Golden Child
"Story Of My Life" - One Direction
"Secret Love Song" - Little Mix, Jason Derulo
"A Whole New World" - Mena Massoud & Naomi Scott
"Just The Way You Are" - Bruno Mars

*   *   *

5 years later, in mid August,

"Areum, please call everyone to gather in 10 minutes!" Jibeom says.

"Okay!" 11-years-old Areum replies while showing him a thumbs up.

"Appa, can you please open this for me?" Yunseong runs to Jibeom and he gives a lollipop to Jibeom. Jibeom takes it and opens it straightaway.

"I know you like running but you don't have to run all the time, Kim Yunseong. Walk slowly. You can hurt yourself if you accidentally tripped on your shoes.." Jibeom says while opening the lollipop for Yunseong. Yunseong is just grinning, listening to Jibeom's nagging. After that, Jibeom gives the lollipop back to Yunseong.

"Thank you!" Yunseong says. He runs back to a group of friends who is currently playing with Areum. Jibeom is just shaking his head looking at his son.

"Jibeom, can you help me with the decoration?" Joochan asks. Jibeom looks at Joochan.

"Oh yeah sure" Jibeom says.

*   *   *

5 years has passed. All Serendipity members are gathering together at Joochan's main branch cafe in Seoul, to celebrate Minseo's 7th birthday today, as well as Aya's belated birthday because her and Minseo's birthday are just 4 days apart. At the same time, they can make a reunion party after a few years of not meeting some of others. It's been a long time since the last time they met each other. Everyone is busy with their own lives and family.

Jibeom and Leia's life has drastically improved after the birth of Yunseong 5 years ago, that has brought another light to their lives. They are unfortunately not planning to have more kids in future. When they had Yunseong, Leia was having a hard pregnancy and a traumatic birth experience back then so she was a bit traumatised to feel the same experience again and again. At the same time, Jibeom is grateful with a pair of kids he has now. Enough with 2, Jibeom says. Even these 2 are enough to give him hypertension sometimes. Now, 5-years-old Yunseong has entered kindergarten, the same place that Areum used to go for and still, Yunkyeong as his homeroom teacher. Oh, Miss Yunkyeong is now has turned to Mrs Yunkyeong. She has now married to a successful businessman, who is also a friend of her and best friend of the late Sungyoon during his study life. Leia and Bomin knew that man well. Besides, that man knew about Yunkyeong and Sungyoon's relationship in the past so he is okay with it if Yunkyeong is still remembering Sungyoon. He even allowed Yunkyeong to keep wearing the necklace Sungyoon gave her since Sungyoon was his best friend. He honoured him too.

Bomin is now a lecturer in one of Korea's public universities. In 5 years span, he finally finished his doctoral degree. He finished his studies a few months ago and he had just started his "teaching" career; just like Sungyoon did, at the same university as Sungyoon went for working. He admired Sungyoon a lot. Even after Sungyoon passed, he almost gave up on his studies but when Leia had always convinced him to continue, he finally got his bachelor degree after 4 years of studying. During his convocation, he claimed that he felt Sungyoon's presence somewhere to congratulate him for being able to get a degree; therefore it became the starting point of him to achieve his dream like Sungyoon did. So here he is now! Dr Choi Bomin!

Sungyoon's mom and Bomin's parent's lives are just remaining the same. They don't have much improvement. Just living their lives to the fullest. As their kids are growing older, they are just busy making their own lives so they can travel around the world the second they retire.

Dr Lee Daeyeol? He is now recently been promoted to a specialist in oncology. He's no longer a medical doctor yet he has joined a research team to do some research for local's national cancer institutes. However, his life has not really changed even after 5 years. He's still unmarried but he became good friends of Bomin, Jibeom and Leia. Areum and Yunseong are close to him too. They both even call Dr Daeyeol as "daddy". He treats them like his own children. Additionally, there are rumours that Dr Daeyeol is now 'acquaintance' with a woman that he met through the same research team. It comes another rumour that "lucky woman" has the same face and character as his late fiancée; like a doppelgänger same as Jibeom had Leia-Joo Ah, but Dr Daeyeol refuses to talk about it yet. Anyway, whatever happens, they're happy with everything Dr Daeyeol might choose for his future. He deserves to be happy.

Joochan and Aya. These two love birds are happy with every little thing they have. These two are madly in love with each other. Everyday, their loves are growing fonder and stronger; everyday is a honeymoon they say. Joochan is now a successful owner of his own cafes. His cafes are getting bigger and luxurious; and of course, well-known. Since Joochan has really 'spreading his wings' around South Korea, Aya has chosen to help running the cafe businesses with her husband, rebranding the "Beanery Cafe" to their very own empires, so that Joochan is no longer running a business for someone else; he runs his own business. Aya once again has forgotten her dream about being a painter. She realised that she loved to paint but she's more keen to help Joochan with his business. She was sad that she had to leave her dream behind, but she didn't regret anything about that. Joochan had always convinced her to achieve what she loved, but Joochan's happiness and Minseo's felicity are the main things she wants in life. Therefore now, Joochan occasionally asks her to teach him to paint, so at least she would still be encouraged to keep her dream 'alive'; since Joochan loves to paint too anyway. About their love life? They are only having Minseo as their son. It's not like they aren't planning to have another, but seems like they aren't yet fortunate to have more. Aya had miscarriages several times in 5 years span. There are some times they give up. Thus, they're grateful to have Minseo in their lives. Minseo has bring a lot of miracles in their lives. Minseo's birth has become their "lucky charm" since the past 8 years. Minseo is now almost 7 years old. Just 2 years older than Yunseong. Minseo sometimes does complain that he feels lonely when Aya and Joochan get to work, so Jibeom and Leia will always invites him to their home, so that Minseo can play with Areum and Yunseong. Influence from outsiders will always come with "when will Minseo have his own siblings?" But everyone knows, it's not easy. They're thinking that maybe they should focus more on Minseo, but if they're blessed with more kids, why not?

Donghyun and Chaerin have gotten married not long after the 'breakup incident' happened. A year after marriage, they've been blessed with a set of identical twin sons named Baekhyun and Taehyun, around mid August, in the same year as Jibeom and Leia had Yunseong; and recently they've welcomed their daughter named Harin early this year. They chose the name after Donghyun's last name for boys and Chaerin's last name for girls. Like other couples, their kids are their "lucky stars". Donghyun and Chaerin's lives also have improved after the birth of their sons. Donghyun has been promoted to a better position, and he got chosen to work with their partnered-company in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Donghyun didn't think long. Chaerin supported his work as well so he moved to Netherlands with his little family after that. Even their daughter was born in Netherlands. Chaerin worked as a freelancer after they moved to Netherlands. She did a lot of freelance job, especially modelling, as it's what she loved to be, a model. Just not a long time ago, they returned to Korea for summer break so they are now coming to celebrate Minseo's birthday together with the others.

Lastly from the couple who got married the last, Jaehyun and Hanni. After almost 5 years of getting married, they are still not having any Kevin Jr or mini Hanni. They are not yet planning on it. They wanna enjoy their duo lives first since both of them are busy people. Jaehyun is still being a pilot, and Hanni is slowly building her own career by becoming a director. She signed up a contract with Korea's well-known broadcast network company so both of them are rarely having time together. There are sometimes they don't even get to spend time together even though they live under the same roof. However, of course some pressures from people around them did affect their perception and performance. The most common question to be asked "when will you guys plan to have kids?", but Jaehyun convinces Hanni not to think a lot about that. They know that they aren't capable yet. They're affordable by money, but not with time. They've planned but they're still thinking about it. Maybe later.

*   *   *

Everyone gathers to celebrate Minseo's birthday. With the theme of dinosaurs; Minseo has chosen the theme himself because he is very keen on dinosaurs. Joochan and Aya invite Minseo's schoolmates and teachers, as well as their family members and Serendipity members to celebrate Minseo's birthday together. The party goes merrier than they expected. All kids are singing the birthday song for Minseo. After the song ends, Minseo blows out the candles and everyone cheers. Minseo is really happy to celebrate his 7th birthday together with the others.

*   *   *

After party, all Serendipity members are gathering to take their meals together with their kids.

"What do you wanna eat, darling?" Aya asks Minseo.

"I want.. chicken!" Minseo says.

"Wow, Minseo is really fond to chicken. He eats well too when he stays in our house.." Leia says. Aya smiles.

"Like his father.." Aya smirks. Joochan really loves chicken too, especially fried chicken. Joochan takes the chicken from Minseo's plate and starts to tear it apart to pieces so it's easier for Minseo to eat it.

"No! No Appa, I'm a big boy" Minseo says to Joochan; asking him not to help him out because he can do it himself.

"It's okay, it's easier for you to eat it" Joochan says.

"No no.. no!" Minseo says. He takes Joochan's hand away. Everyone giggles. Minseo takes the chicken and begins to eat it by himself.

"Wah.. you're really a big boy now.." Aya says. She smiles.

"Minseo, can you not to grow up faster? I'm not yet pleased to see you grow up.." Joochan says. Minseo giggles.

"I know right? Our kids grew up really well.. I can't believe that Areum is 11, Minseo is 7, Yunseong, Baekhyun and Taehyun are 5.. why are you growing up so fast?" Jibeom interrupts. All parents sigh.

"Guess that makes us realise that we're getting older too.." Donghyun says. Everyone nods and sighs.

* * *

All Serendipity members are staying at Joochan and Aya's penthouse after they both invite them for the reunion party. All members agree since it's been a long time for them not to gather together. It's a perfect time to initiate the reunion too because Donghyun and Chaerin are returning to Korea for summer break until Chuseok. That night, they're having some good talks after dinner in the living room while the kids are playing toys with each other at the second floor. Harin is currently sleeping in the cradle so Chaerin and Donghyun can have nice talks with Serendipity members; recalling their lives during Serendipity, discussing about their future and sharing their thoughts about life.

After a few hours of talking, Minseo comes down to the first floor and run towards Joochan.

"Minseo, why are you here alone? Have you done playing?" Joochan asks Minseo who's currently hugging him from behind.

"I'm bored" Minseo says.

"Why? Ain't all your friends are upstairs?" Joochan asks.

"Areum noona is playing cooking with Baekhyun. Yunseong is playing legos with Taehyun" Minseo says.

"Then, why don't you join them?" Joochan asks.

"I wanna play with my cars but no one wants to join me.." Minseo says while showing Joochan his toy cars.

"Ahh.. let's play with me then" Jaehyun interrupts. Minseo smiles widely and he jumps to Jaehyun's lap straightaway. Minseo gives Jaehyun one of his toy car and they begin to play together. All Serendipity members are just watching them playing; happily.

"You do love kids, don't you?" Jibeom says to Jaehyun.

"I do. Always do" Jaehyun replies.

"Oppa, if we will have kids in future, I want a son like Minseo. He's independent" Hanni says to Jaehyun. Jaehyun nods.

"I agreed. He's easily befriended with our kids when he stays at our house. He's very diligent too" Leia says, praising Minseo.

"Do you see how he approaches Baekhyun and Taehyun when we arrived? While it was the first time they met each other" Chaerin says. The twins were never meeting Minseo and other Serendipity members with their kids since birth. After Chaerin ends her postpartum care, they moved to Netherlands. They stayed for 5 years and occasionally went back to South Korea. Even if the Kim twins did return, they never met each other until today. But Minseo was happily greeted the Kim twins as if he had known them for a long time. Minseo became their friend in an instant.

Hong Minseo is like an opposite figure of his parents. Joochan is an introvert. He is hardly approaching people but he gets along well with them when he gets their trusts. Aya is an introvert too. She'd rather smile and react than approaching or talking with others about herself. These two are prone to let people approach them first but Hong Minseo is characteristically built different. He'd be the one who approaches others first.
All Serendipity members are happily watching Jaehyun, Hanni and Minseo playing. After a few minutes, Aya sighs.

"You must be feeling lonely, don't you? I'm sorry.." Aya says while looking at Minseo.

"Hun, it's not your fault. We promised not to talk about this again" Joochan says.

"I'm sorry.. I'm just.. pitying him.." Aya says. She's still blaming herself after having 3 miscarriages in 5 years. Saying that her body isn't 'fit' enough to carry another baby again. There was one time she had miscarriage because she was overtired. She passed out and had miscarriage not long after. She blamed her clumsiness for the reason she had miscarriage yet Joochan had never once blamed her. Joochan was very optimistic about that. Most of the time till now, Joochan tries to help Aya with the grief but sometimes Aya is 'falling' into the same pit again and again; a mother's love.

"It's okay, Aya. You both are lucky to have 3 angels waiting for you up there. They'll be your last saviours in afterlife. Don't be sad" Hanni says. Aya smiles.

"Thank you everyone, for loving Minseo since the beginning" Aya says while smiling.

*   *   *

The Hongs' storytelling
On the next day, all Serendipity members and their children have returned home; living their lives normally as it used to be. Minseo shows a bit dismal mood since the morning. He was contented when everyone stayed in their house last night but now everyone has left.

"Minseo, do you wanna unbox your presents now?" Seeing Minseo is feeling blue, Joochan straightaway tries to change the mood of his. Minseo nods when Joochan says that.

* * *

"Wow! A dinosaur lamp! And a dinosaur book!" Minseo cheers. He's delighted to receive the gifts from Donghyun's family.

"We can put this in your bedroom" Joochan says. Minseo nods.

"Where's omma? Why is she not coming here yet?" Minseo asks. He has been unboxing the gifts he received for his birthday only with Joochan because Aya claims that she doesn't feel good today. She feels dizzy and she keeps vomitting since last night. Therefore, Joochan asks her to just rest all day today.

"Omma isn't feeling well. Let her rest, okay? If she feels better, she'll come.." Joochan says.

"Okay.." Minseo says. He continues to unboxing the other gifts with Joochan.

* * *

An hour later,

"Hun, are you okay?" Joochan asks while entering the bedroom. Aya sees Joochan is approaching her. She puts a smile on her face but she doesn't have energy to get up. Joochan sits on the bed, next to Aya. He holds Aya's forehead. She does feverish a bit and she looks pale too. She also has nausea since last night.

"Hey, let's go to the hospital.. you look pale" Joochan says. Aya shakes her head.

"Perhaps I'm just too tired. It should be better after a few hours of sleep, I guess.." Aya says.

"Fine but if it doesn't get better until evening, we go to the hospital, deal?" Joochan says. Aya nods weakly.

"Omma.. are you okay?" Minseo who has just come to the scene asks about Aya's whereabouts. Aya smiles.

"I'm okay.." Aya says. She pulls Minseo closer so she can hug him.

"Have you done unboxing your gifts yet?" Aya asks Minseo. Minseo shakes his head.

"I wanna unbox with omma too.." Minseo says. Aya pouts.

"I'm sorry.. I'm not feeling really well today" Aya says.

"It's okay. We can unbox the rest later" Minseo humbly says. Aya smiles. She gently caresses Minseo's face.

"Minseo-ya, should we.. cook for omma today? Maybe omma will get better if she eats your cooking?" Joochan initiates an activity. Minseo nods enthusiastically. Aya smiles to see both father-son relationship.

"What do you wanna eat, omma?" Minseo asks Aya.

"I think.. I wanna eat Minseo's porridge.." Aya says.

"Okay let's make it now~" Joochan says. Minseo nods.

*   *   *

After a while, Joochan and Minseo bring a bowl of porridge and a glass of warm water for Aya. Joochan helps Minseo to make a chicken porridge for Aya. Aya gets to have a good nap but the nauseous is still there. Aya tries to get up but she'll throw up the next so Joochan is helping her to eat so she doesn't have to move around a lot. Unfortunately, Aya seems not being able to consume anything even in a form of liquid food because she will definitely throw up.

"Omma doesn't like Minseo's porridge?" Minseo looks at Joochan. Joochan pats on Minseo's head.

"No.. Omma is just.. not feeling well.." Joochan says. He puts the bowl of porridge on the desk then he comes to the bathroom to comfort the nauseous Aya. She looks much in pain.

"You aren't getting better. Let's go to the hospital now.." Joochan says. Aya is finally agreeing. She feels so uncomfortable with it. Joochan navigates Aya out of the bathroom.

"Minseo, can you help to take omma's purse? Let's bring omma to the hospital now.." Joochan says to Minseo.

"Okay appa" Minseo replies and he does everything as what Joochan asks him to do.

*   *   *

At the hospital, Joochan and Minseo are waiting for Aya outside of treatment room. There's no any other updates about Aya since the last 30 minutes. Yet Joochan is waiting patiently with Minseo is just being silent on his lap.

"Where's omma? Will omma be alright?" Minseo asks Joochan. Joochan hugs Minseo.

"She will, I hope so.." Joochan says. Honestly he feels worried, because Aya has rarely become sick. But today, she really looks awful. Is she having food poisoning? Or is she too tired? A lot of assumptions come into Joochan's mind.

5 minutes later, the doctor comes.

"How's my wife, Dr?" Joochan asks the doctor straightaway.

"She is fine, currently resting. She can be discharged this evening. I'll prescribe her some medication to lessen her nausea later. Please remind her to take it when needed.." the doctor says. Joochan exhales a relief sigh. Luckily it isn't something serious.

"What happened to her, doctor?" Joochan asks.

"Let's talk inside the ward.." the doctor says. Joochan and Minseo both enter Aya's ward.

*   *   *

The Bongs' storytelling
A week later, both Jaehyun and Hanni are going to Venice, Italy to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. Time flies so fast; it's now the 5th year of their marriage. As soon as they arrive to Venice, they go to their hotel to check-in.

Jaehyun reserves a premium suite hotel, specially requested for their anniversary celebration. Hanni is amazed by the decoration, with the rose petals on the bed with a bouquet of flowers, with a "happy 5th anniversary!" wish card.

"Oppa! Oh my God it's so beautiful!" Hanni says.

"Of course! Specially for my beautiful wife" Jaehyun says. Hanni looks at him with a sweet smile. She kisses Jaehyun's cheek.

* * *

At night, they both go out to find a cafe to take their dinner. Since they arrive, they haven't yet taken any meals because they are going straight to their hotel room at that time. After that, they take a rest. Both Jaehyun and Hanni are sleeping as soon as they arrive at hotel. Jet lag. While having a dinner, they have some talk.

"Venice.. is beautiful! Have you been here before, oppa?" Hanni asks.

"Not yet. It's my first time here too" Jaehyun says.

"What makes you wanna visit Venice, oppa?" Hanni asks because it's Jaehyun's idea to go to Venice.

"I wanna visit all the popular places for couples with you. We have visited Santorini, Paris, Lisbon, Maldives, Guam, Prague, Quebec, Vienna and Rome.. so here are we now! Venice!" Jaehyun says. Hanni nods. Since they got married, they have spent most of their holidays overseas. As what Jaehyun ever promised her before they got married, Hanni got to travel around the world when she was with Jaehyun.

"I wanna visit Switzerland soon.." Jaehyun says.

"When?" Hanni asks in amazement.

"Soon.. when we're three of us..." Jaehyun says. Hanni smiles. She holds Jaehyun's hand.

"Soon.." Hanni says.

* * *

Both Hanni and Jaehyun upload each other's pictures on their social media, appreciating each other for their 5th wedding anniversary.

__bongjaehyun__ :
Happy 5th anniversary, my dearest wife! Today marks another year of our extraordinary journey together—a journey filled with love, passion, and unwavering commitment. As we celebrate this special day, I find myself falling even deeper in love with you. Your beauty, both inside and out, captivates me every single day. Here's to our love story, which grows more enchanting with each passing year. I look forward to many more years of happiness, laughter, and love—and perhaps welcoming another family member into our lives in the future hehe♡ I am truly blessed to have you as my partner, my confidante, and my forever love. Here's to us, my darling, and to all the beautiful moments that lie ahead. I love you more than words can express♡

__hanni.kim12 :
Happy 5th anniversary to my amazing husband! With every passing year, my love for you deepens and grows stronger. You are my rock, my partner in crime, and my greatest supporter. Today, as we celebrate this milestone, I am reminded of all the wonderful memories we've created together—the laughter, the adventures, and the quiet moments of intimacy that bind us together. You are the love of my life, and I am endlessly grateful to have you by my side. Here's to us and to the many more beautiful years ahead. I love you more than words can convey♡

* * *

Hanni and Jaehyun both are having amazing "honeymoon-anniversary date" in Venice. They get to spend their time, explore the city and learn new cultures together in their a week date. Within their trip, Jaehyun confesses to Hanni that he has a desire to retire from his pilot career. It is because he wants to spend more time with Hanni in the future. He doesn't wanna go further, being separated from her for any longer time. Yet, he is currently attending interview to work with another local airline company, but this time as an engineer; since he came from aeronautical engineering programme during his degree. Hanni offers Jaehyun her 100% support. Whatever the best for him is the best for her too. Hanni will always be his backbone in everything he does. Another dream has been fulfilled and another bucket list has been made; they wanna travel around the world with their little family. They wanna stay together till whenever.

* * *

The Kims' (Donghyun-Chaerin) storytelling
Donghyun and his little family are going to have a short trip around South Korea. It is because their kids have never been able to travel around South Korea before since they moved out to Netherlands; even though the twins were born in Korea. Donghyun and Chaerin show them the beauty of Nami Island, that has become a hotspot for tourists to explore, because of the popular k-drama "Winter Sonata".

The trip to Nami Island in August is indeed a great experience. They can see the changing colours of the scenery from green to autumn colours, enough to show that the season is in changing process. All the orange-red leaves falling off of the trees, giving an absolute romantic vibe to the view. The twins are having their fun playing with the dried leaves that fall on the ground. They run around, they joke around and sometimes they explore the nearby florals together. Both Donghyun and Chaerin are just happily watching the twins having fun, with Harin in the stroller.

"It's been a while since the last time we came here.." Chaerin says to Donghyun. Donghyun nods.

"Yeah. But this place doesn't have any much difference.." Donghyun says. While having some talk, the twins run towards their parents; after a few moments of playing.

"Appa, omma.. why those people are talking differently from us?" Baekhyun points at a group of Korean who are talking to each other. After a few moments of hearing to their words, Donghyun and Chaerin notice that they're talking in Busan satoori, a dialect from Busan. Their dialect is a bit different from the main city of Seoul, that's why Baekhyun and Taehyun find it's weird, because they're not familiar with it.

"Oh.. they're talking in Busan's dialect.." Chaerin says.

"Busan's dialect? Why is it different from us? Where is Busan?" Taehyun asks.

"Busan is located at the southeast tip of South Korea. I'm not really sure why their dialect is different from us.." Chaerin says.

"Can omma and appa talk in Busan's dialect?" Taehyun asks. Both Chaerin and Donghyun shake their heads.

"We're not familiar with it" Donghyun says.

"Why omma and appa aren't familiar with it?" Baekhyun asks. Baekhyun's question has brought Donghyun and Chaerin to laugh.

"Because we aren't from Busan" Chaerin says.

"Who is familiar with it then?" Baekhyun asks.

"Oh I wanna learn it" Taehyun interrupts.

"By far I know, Jibeom samchon is familiar with it. Maybe you both can ask him.." Donghyun says.

"Is he from Busan?" Baekhyun asks.

"Yeah he is.." Donghyun says.

"Which part of Busan?" Baekhyun asks.

"Oh.. I don't.. know that much.." Donghyun says.

"Is everyone in Busan talking in Busan's dialect?" Taehyun asks.

"Majority of them" Chaerin says.

"By that means.. do cats in Busan talk in Busan's dialect?" Baekhyun asks. Both Donghyun and Chaerin are looking at each other; having no idea how they gonna respond to each question.

"I'm.. not sure.." Chaerin says.

"Why omma isn't sure?" Baekhyun asks.

"I'm not sure about that too.." Chaerin says. Wow, this chatterbox Baekhyun does.. ask a lot of higher order questions. Both Donghyun and Chaerin are sweating to reply to their questions.

"Ah.. before they ask more questions that require us to think about our past lives, let's.. go home now.." Donghyun 'cuts' the moment; giving up to answer the upcoming questions from the twins.

"Appa, I still have a lot of questions to ask.." Baekhyun says.

"Let's continue later.." Donghyun says.

*   *   *

At night, Donghyun, Chaerin and their kids are spending their time in Goyang, at Chaerin's parents' house. It's been a long time since the last time they came back home. The grandparents had already missed their grandchildren. Harin had never met her grandparents from both sides too. They decide that they'll spend their time in Goyang this week and they'll be back to Seoul to Donghyun's parents' house next week.

In the middle of the night, after all the children have already asleep, Chaerin comes to the balcony, to join Donghyun who is at that time having a time alone, looking at the night sky.

"What are you thinking about?" Chaerin asks while coming to the balcony. Donghyun smiles while looking at his wife.

"The sky tonight is beautiful, don't you feel that way?" Donghyun says. Chaerin takes a seat next to Donghyun. She leans her head on Donghyun's shoulder and she begins to stargaze with Donghyun.

"Yeah.." Chaerin says. Donghyun smiles. Chaerin looks at Donghyun.

"What do you have in mind huh? You must be thinking about something!" Chaerin says. Donghyun giggles.

"Nothing! I'm just recalling today's moments.." Donghyun says. Chaerin smirks.

"What else?" Chaerin asks. Donghyun laughs.

"Okay okay.. I'm just.. I'm just feeling grateful.. thinking about how beautiful my life that God have set for me.." Donghyun says.

"What makes you think that way, darling?" Chaerin asks.

"Yeah like.. a few years ago I broke up with my ex, I thought I was unlucky in love. Then I joined Serendipity and I failed, I was thinking that love was really not for me. But now, look at me. I have a beautiful wife.. and I'm a father of 3 amazing kids. Even if I have to face the same lifetime again and again, I'd willingly want to do it forever.." Donghyun says.

"Awh, oppa.. you don't know how I'm grateful to have a man like you in life too. I've always regretted that I didn't find you earlier. I've always regretted that I didn't fall in love with you since day 1.." Chaerin says.

"But now, are you grateful to be in this moment?" Donghyun looks at Chaerin. Now both of them are facing each other.

"Even if I die and reborn to another life, I'd still want to be born as Ha Chaerin. I'd still want to be Kim Donghyun's wife, as well as Kim Baekhyun, Kim Taehyun and Kim Harin's omma. I love you, oppa.. so much.. more than you ever known.." Chaerin says.

"And I love you very deeply.. more than you ever thought.." Donghyun says. Both of them share a sweet kiss, under a clear sky that full of stars.

"Omma and appa are flirting?" Suddenly a voice comes out of sudden, that leaves Donghyun and Chaerin a little heart attack. They look at the sliding door that has been opened. Baekhyun is standing there, staring at them both.

"When did you wake up?" Donghyun asks. Ah both Donghyun and Chaerin are literally blushing after their actions have been caught by their own kid. Baekhyun runs towards his parents, and sits between them.

"Appa can't kiss omma! Only Baekhyun can kiss omma" Baekhyun says. Chaerin laughs. Donghyun smirks. Aish this kid.. always becomes the "anti-romantic" one.

*   *   *

The Kims' (Jibeom-Leia) storytelling
2 months later, in early October weekend, Yunseong is currently 'digging' out the book shelf, searching for something he can read or maybe see. Yunseong is currently into reading, as he is slowly learning to read Korean alphabets, he is fond to books lately. While searching around the book shelf, Yunseong finds a dusty aluminium box under some stacks of books. He takes out the aluminium box safely as it has caught his eyes.

"Kim Yunseong, there's nothing you can read there. I will buy you suitable books later.." Jibeom says. Yunseong looks at Jibeom upon he hears his voice.

"Make sure you clean all the messes you make before mama gets mad.." Jibeom says to Yunseong.

"Appa, I found this.." Yunseong shows an aluminium box that he found just now; ignoring what Jibeom had just said to him.

"What is that?" Jibeom comes closer to take a look.

"Oh.. this is.. the box that mama had kept. Where did you find it?" Jibeom asks. Yunseong shows Jibeom the place he found the box.

"Boys, what are you doing? Kim Yunseong wasn't I tell you not to make a mess?" Leia comes to the living room with Areum.

"Mama.. what is this?" Yunseong asks about the aluminium box.

"Where did you find this?" Leia gently takes the aluminium box from Yunseong. Yunseong shows Leia the place he found the box. Leia nods. She opens the dusty aluminium box. Leia smiles. Jibeom, Yunseong and Areum take a look at what's inside the box. It's actually a box that the late Sungyoon has left them with, that holds thousands of memories of him. Leia puts everything related to Sungyoon in it. It hasn't been opened since 5 years ago so it's absolutely dusty. There are a lot of his pictures and photo albums in it.

"Who is this?" Yunseong asks.

"This is Sungyoon samchon" Areum says.

"Sungyoon samchon? Who is he?" Yunseong asks. Oh yeah.. Yunseong has never met Sungyoon. Sungyoon passed away before Yunseong was born.

*   *   *

Jibeom, Leia and Areum tell Yunseong about Sungyoon. They tell about Sungyoon's great personalities, his amazing stories and they even tell Yunseong that he was named after him.

"You heard the song "Fantasia" and "If I Were The Wind" that had been made for mama's book and mama's friend's book, right? Those two were sung by him.." Jibeom says.

"Wow.. he is such an amazing person.." Yunseong says while still looking at Sungyoon's photos.

"I ever saw him in my dream before.. but I don't know who he is.." Yunseong says.

"Really? How can you meet him in your dream?" Leia asks.

"I don't know.. but he came to me and he smiled. He said that he was someone that mama used to know. He patted on my head and said that he loved me so much. He said too that I am another version of him.. but then I woke up.." Yunseong enthusiastically told Jibeom and Leia about it. Areum is still looking for everything in the box that has been left by Sungyoon. Suddenly she finds a little envelope that writes "Jibeom & Leia's little one" on it.

"Mama, appa.. what is this?" Areum shows the white envelope to them. Leia takes it and she begins to look around it.

"I.. I forgot that Sungyoon oppa did left a letter for Yunseong.." Leia says to Jibeom.

"Really?" Jibeom says. He takes a look at it. Yeah, all Sungyoon's acquaintances have letters written by him before he passed away. Sungyoon did write a letter for his future nephew before his passing. How thoughtful of him.

"Yoon samchon wrote a letter for you before he passed away. He.. he's always.. glad to hear about your development when you were in my belly. He was excited to see you born.. but sadly he didn't make it.." Leia says to Yunseong.

"What is the letter telling about, mama?" Areum asks, eagerly to know about what Sungyoon has written for Yunseong.

"Can I read it for you, Yunseong?" Leia looks at Yunseong. Yunseong nods.

"I wanna know what he wrote for me too.." Yunseong says. Leia smiles. She opens the envelope and begins to read the letter. The letter has been kept too long in the envelope. The paper is a bit dirty and the ink is starting to fade but it's still readable.

*   *   *

Sungyoon's letter for Leia & Jibeom's baby
My Dearest future Niece/Nephew,

As I pen down these words, the world awaits your arrival, and my heart is both heavy with the weight of farewell and hopeful for the joy you will bring. Though we may never meet in this realm, I want you to know the profound impact you've had on my spirit even before taking your first breath.

Cancer may have claimed my days, but it cannot diminish the love and anticipation I feel for the new life about to bloom within our family. As you embark on the journey of existence, know that you were a beacon of hope in my final days, a symbol of the continuity of life and love.

In the absence of physical presence, I leave you this letter as a testament to the connection we share, transcending the boundaries of time. May your laughter be as infectious as the morning sun, and may your steps be guided by the wisdom and love woven into these words.

Embrace the world with curiosity, kindness, and a sense of wonder. Let the love that surrounds you be a constant reminder of the intricate tapestry of family bonds, even those forged across the dimensions of life and afterlife.

As you grow, remember that you carry a piece of me within you—a legacy of love and resilience. May your life be filled with joy, adventure, and the unwavering support of the family that eagerly awaits your arrival.

With eternal love,
Your samchon, Sungyoon

*   *   *

Leia cries as soon as she finishes reading the letter of Sungyoon for Yunseong. Jibeom and the kids hug Leia straightaway.

"Mama, I promise I will be a man like him.." Yunseong says. Leia smiles. She kisses Yunseong's head.

*   *   *

In the evening, Jibeom brings his family to visit Sungyoon's resting place; as well as Joo Ah's grave, since both graves are in the same location, but different sections.

Yunseong is aware that he and Areum are not coming from the same mother. Yunseong is aware that Joo Ah was Areum's real mother. Even though he never met Joo Ah, he addressed himself as the son of Joo Ah as well, so he would call Joo Ah as "Omma" when they talked about her. Leia is just fine with that. Not even once she felt jealous when sometimes Jibeom did cries by remembering her. She knows that Joo Ah is Jibeom's first love, and no one can replace that. Jibeom loves both Joo Ah and Leia equally; but Joo Ah will always have a special place in his heart as his first love, and Leia has never wanted to steal Joo Ah's place in Jibeom's heart.

*   *   *

"Isn't Yunseong looks like Yoon samchon a bit?" Areum asks her parents when she looks at Sungyoon's picture at his tombstone.

"They do resemble each other.." Jibeom says.

"I know right? Do you notice that Yunseong has almost the same face with Sungyoon samchon when he was a baby? Just.. Yunseong got appa's lips, right Areum?" Leia says. Areum nods agreeing. Jibeom laughs.

"So now.. what are we gonna do? Do you guys have any other places to go?" Jibeom asks.

"I'm hungry.." Yunseong says. Jibeom and Leia laugh.

"Okay okay.. let's find a place to eat now, shall we?" Jibeom says. Everyone nods. They get up and they begin to walk away, leaving Sungyoon's grave after a few minutes they paid a visit. Everyone is heading to the car, with Yunseong is holding Jibeom's hand, leaving the place. But Yunseong does turn his head around to look at Sungyoon's grave again; don't know why but he feels a little presence of someone there. He sees a figure that stays at Sungyoon's grave; a figure of Sungyoon standing and smiling very sweet towards him. Yunseong smiles back to Sungyoon that he sees. Sungyoon waves his hand to him before he fades away. Yunseong sighs in smiles. He was the sweetest man that ever lived in this earth.

*   *   *

At night, when Areum and Yunseong are already sleeping, Jibeom and Leia are having some talk together; cuddling while talking about their days at work as well as their lives. They both are having a great time expressing their feeling and gratitude for meeting each other in the lifetime.

"My life has been all perfect with your presence. Let's meet again in our next life.." Jibeom says to Leia. Leia nods.

"Of course, I'd still want to meet you again in my next life.. no matter how afterlife has held for us.." Leia says. Jibeom kisses Leia's forehead. Leia hugs Jibeom really tight.

Suddenly, both Jibeom and Leia's phone rings; showing that they got a message from their Serendipity's group chat that they created on KakaoTalk.

*   *   *

Kim Hanni :
Make a way everyone!

Bong Jaehyun :
Kevin Jr & mini Hanni is coming to meet you next year in June/July😉

Ha Chaerin :
OMG congratulations Hanni! Jaehyun!

Kim Donghyun :
Finally! All Serendipity members are parents now!

Hong Joochan :
Congratulations Kev! Hanni!

Jung Leia :
OMG! Congratulations! Can't wait to see Kevin & Hanni Jr!

Kim Jibeom :
Congratulations.

Jang Aya :
Congratulations Hanni & Jaehyun!
Take care always!

Kim Hanni :
Thank you everyone!
It's still in early pregnancy
Please pray for me and the baby are in good health

Ha Chaerin :
You'll be fine! Just follow everything your O&G has told you!

Jung Leia :
Yes!
How was the morning sickness? Is it bearable?

Kim Hanni :
Oh I don't have any
Jaehyun did😂

Bong Jaehyun :
Ugh I've been taking sick leave for two days already!

Kim Donghyun :
I feel you, Kev
Felt it twice🥴

Ha Chaerin :
Hahahahaha it's a win-win situation
The husbands have to feel it too

Kim Jibeom :
Luckily I don't.

Jung Leia :
Because I got it all😑

Kim Donghyun :
You're so selfish, Jibeom
You should share the pain together🤣

Kim Jibeom :
😕
What can I do?

Bong Jaehyun :
Probably you should have another little one and share the same burden

Kim Jibeom :
Oh no, sorry.
Enough with two.

Kim Donghyun :
Come on, Jibeom🤣

Kim Jibeom :
Thank you, next.

Jung Leia :
Good choice, Jibeom😂🩷

Kim Hanni :
Hahahahahahahaha

Hong Joochan :
I'm happy to see everyone is achieving their dreams
I'm so happy for you all!

Kim Hanni :
Oh no.. Joochan, Aya..
There's something better awaits for you both!

Jung Leia :
Don't be discouraged, Joochan and Aya!

Kim Jibeom :
We'll pray for you both.

Kim Donghyun :
You both can go through this

Hong Joochan :
Oh no you guys mistook me
That's not what I meant

Bong Jaehyun :
Oh no, we're afraid if we might be insensitive towards you both

Jang Aya :
Oh no! Please don't be!
You both deserve to tell everything you wanna tell here!
It's your right!

Kim Hanni :
I'm afraid if it gives awkward feelings

Hong Joochan :
Ahh not at all!
We actually have something to tell you guys too
Something we have been keeping secretly safe for a while

Kim Donghyun :
What is it?

Jang Aya :

Minseo is going to be a big brother in next year April☺️

Kim Hanni :
OMG AYA! JOOCHAN! CONGRATULATIONS!

Bong Jaehyun :
Yeah!!! Bro Minseo in the making!

Jung Leia :
OMG! Congrats you both!

Kim Jibeom :
Congratulations!
No wonder why Minseo has always told us that he's now a big brother.
We thought he was just addressing himself as "bro" to Yunseong😂

Hong Joochan :
He's really excited about it☺️

Ha Chaerin :
OMG! Aya! Joochan! Congratulations!
Are you currently in 2nd trimester?

Jang Aya :
Yes I am
We're planning to announce the pregnancy in the 2nd trimester
Just to make sure the pregnancy is strong enough to go
You know.. after several miscarriages.. of course we have big hopes on this one

Kim Donghyun :
Oh my God I'm so happy for you both!
Joochan! Please take care of Aya very well!

Bong Jaehyun :
If anything happens to her, you watch out!😡

Kim Jibeom :
Aya, tell us if Joochan isn't being good to you.
We'll teach him a lesson.

Jang Aya :
Does this mean that I have 3 big brothers now?😚

Ha Chaerin :
You have 3 big sisters too😉

Jung Leia :
I'm ready to slap Joochan if he's being unhelpful to you

Kim Hanni :
Joochan, you better take notes🤣

Hong Joochan :
What is this everyone?
Excuse me?😐

Kim Donghyun :
Hahahaahhaa

*   *   *

Finally, all Serendipity members are achieving one by one of their happiness and success. God's plan is indeed the best. From just a virtual dating program turned to a life-changing experience. Just like the program's name "Serendipity" that means good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries; these moments are very good fortunes that they don't ever imagine it would happen to them.

Way more years to count the blessings together!

-The End-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
Finally! Serendipity has come to its end!
Thank you for 7 months with Serendipity!
I have no other words than gratitude for your support during this time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 857 35
Rosé: "Oh come on Jiyun, what do you have to lose??" Jiyun: "Ya know what? Fuck it, you're right. How do I get started though?" Rosé smiled at her b...
21.3K 610 76
**Boys and girls compete in the first co-ed competition to become an idol in a coveted new K-pop Group.** Beom Giovanna, with her two million Instagr...
60.1K 1.2K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...
241K 12.5K 59
"Just like the stars in the night sky... Our love is infinite..." ----- Park Jimin is one of the most loved students in school. He's kind, and hand...