(ENG VER.) A L T A L U N E |...

By virtual-nerdie

Solo Leveling x Trash of the Count's Family Crossover . . . Ashborn's memory this time showed the silhouette... More

PROLOGUE
#1 - The Heartbeat of Black Heart
#2 - The Glorious Eyes has Stories
#3 - Tears for Them
#4 - To Begin Again
#5 - The Traveler Arrives
#7 - Light of Hope

#6 - The Reunion

746 46 6
By virtual-nerdie

Finally, the two travelers reached their destination.

.
.
.

My BIG THANKS always go to Nikki who helped me organize this story into something neat and worth reading 🥺🙏(❤'艸`❤)

And to my dear readers. THANK YOU so much for all votes, follows and sweet comments you've given to support this fic *bow (✿◡‿◡)❤❤❤✨✨✨

I hope this chapter can satisfy you all (Word : 10.9k)

[Raon Miru's POV]

To be honest, Raon was beginning to question whether he deserved the name his father had given him.

Raon Miru.

A joyful dragon.

Himself.

But, why was it only despair and sadness that he felt? He was not happy like his name.

His heart seemed to be taken away piece by piece as he watched age begin to take its toll on his family.

Starting with Lemon Grandpa.

Then Goldie Gramps.

Then the Henituse family.

And even Noona and his Hyung... all left with unpeaceful deaths. Restlessly haunted by the loss of their red heart, Cale Henituse. The thought of their beloved family trapped in the dark, alone, with the king of Velaris searching relentlessly, made all these companions spend the remainder of their lives searching for him. This ended up leaving Raon to a lonely eternity with only the powerful Choi Han.

"Raon-nim." Fighting back grief the dragon, in his teenage human form, tightly hugged the only family he had left.

He was unable to look at the civilization that had begun to change, either becoming ruined or alien, all so far away from him. Taking away the best parts of his memories and heart, leaving an empty shell that felt so hollow.

"Since when did everything go so wrong?" The Dragon Lord whispered softly.

"We just want to live in peace... why would anyone want us dead?"

"Where is the mistake?"

"Where?"

Silence.

Choi Han could only tighten his embrace. Making Raon even more hysterical in his crying.

That they had to leave their family and hometown. Which now has no place for their stories anymore.

*******

The Kingdom of Velaris is now only a ruined relic.

Raon stared blankly at the palace that once looked so luxurious and extraordinarily beautiful. The white marble walls shining in the sunlight, glowing at night, the roof rippling with silvery water, the star-spangled banners, the building standing out in its splendor.

Now, it has been destroyed, leaving only memories and history.

Since the last war ended with the departure of Mister Snow, father's lover, sacrificing many lives. The Kingdom of Velaris has lost its light, gradually becoming murky and fragile. Even the road to the continent covered itself, slowly sinking into the ocean. So King Alberu decided to help the citizens settle in the Roan Kingdom.

"Raon-nim." Turning his head, the dragon in his teenage human form saw Choi Han approaching. In the knight's hand, there were a handful of Silver Pelia flowers.

Grumpy, Raon accepted the flowers with a melancholy look.

"Let's sprinkle them on Princess Cassie and Lady Narcissia," whispered the soft and strong black-haired man, receiving a nod in return.

They walked through the palace gardens that were once so well-kept and looked like a paradise. Silver Pelia flowers still grew in some places, close to the building where they used to spend nights talking over tea and cake. Smiling a little, he was savoring the memories with every footstep.

"Ah, isn't that the tree that Cale-nim used to sleep under?" Choi Han pointed, smiling fondly. Raon chuckled, his eyes filled with longing.

"Then there's the table where Choi Han accompanied Cassie and Mother Frost to tea!" The man in question held back a grin. I don't know why the two girls' mothers were on a mission to drag him around.

"And we-" the slit blue eyes softened.

"Me, Noona and Hyung will be joining Father for a nap."

"Or annoy Mister Snow for liking Father so much," Raon giggled, feeling warmth flow through his heart at the memory of those good times.

Arriving at the cemetery where the Velaris family was laid to rest, the two fell into silence. Both Princess Cassiopeia and Lady Narcissia died in the war, along with Ashborn who went missing in search of Cale. Slit blue eyes glazed over, remembering the moment the citizens of the Velaris Kingdom became so devastated and heartbroken at the loss of the royal family.

Placing Silver Pelia flowers, Raon closed his eyes. Sending a million prayers and memories to the figure who once became their family.

"Already, Raon-nim?" Heavily but surely, the transformed black dragon nodded.

They were ready to say goodbye.

And ready to travel to save the 'heart' of their good memories, Cale Henituse. Together with his lover, Ashborn olíe Velaris.

"Let's go, strong Choi Han."

*******

Years passed without a clue.

They had passed through many worlds.

Faced many civilizations.

Seen many cultures. Races. Religions. Castes. Ideologies.

And they searched endlessly.

They passed through so many stories, until they reached the ending they were looking for.

Raon Miru and Choi Han did not give up.

And the legend about them lives all over the world.

*******

"They betrayed Father's Lover," murmured the dragon in his majestic adult form with a voice holding back anger. His blood boiled with a burning fire that was ready to destroy the world.

After hundreds of years passed, they arrived at the world that bore Ashborn's mark. However, what greeted them shattered all expectations. Currently, they reached the Monarch Realm, in the shadows watching the preparations for war by the Rulers who betrayed their Lord.

Raon's slit eyes shrank with intense emotions.

"WE MUST SAVE FATHER'S LOVER-!" Choi Han's hand rested on one of his nails. Leaking an aura of power to warn.

"Let's make them remember the fear first, Raon-nim," muttered the knight, eyes endlessly dark.

"They do not deserve an instant death." Black orbs like an abyss looked into cold slit blue eyes.

"Make them regret having lived."

*******

Ashborn simply disappeared. They couldn't even save his corpse!

And in such a short second, they failed to save the life of such a beautiful and wonderful man.

Once again, the two mourned in silent sorrow.

Ashborn had disappeared because he was still trying to fulfill the responsibility of his promise. No matter his eroding heart, or losing himself in the darkness, Ashborn still remembered his purpose.

To save Cale.

"Choi Han..." the dark-haired man nodded grimly.

"Let's go find them."

The two of them left.

Giving a cold shoulder to the destroyed Rulers Realm and the devastated Monarch Realm.

Leaving a deep fear in the minds of the two traitorous parties.

And the thought that someday, the Dragon Lord and the Black Knight would return.

To give them the death that was rightfully theirs.

*****

[A year later...]

"I can feel the presence of those bastards in Father's world, strong Choi Han," hissed the Dragon as they began to fly into the portal.

The rune that signaled the presence of his father, Cale Henituse, had been buzzing nonstop for an hour. It further convinced them that this world was the final destination of the circumvention.

Choi Han, who had already cleaned up, nodded. A cold, oppressive aura emanated from the immortal. His long hair had been forcibly trimmed, so as not to get in the way if a fight broke out.

"Of course our promise must be fulfilled, Raon-nim." Lips grinned sadistically.

"If we meet, they will die." Choi Han nodded without sympathy.

For a moment, Raon's heart, which had been beating aimlessly for a long time, now felt extremely invigorated and full of anticipation. Blue eyes softened with unspeakable longing, realizing that soon he would be reunited with his father, Cale Henituse.

"We... will meet with Cale-nim," Choi Han's whisper sounded out the same warbling longing as his current feelings.

"This time, we will protect them both, strong Choi Han." The black-haired knight nodded firmly. His face hardened with determination shining as hard as steel. The immortal then leaped onto Raon's head and prepared his stance. The cave that confined them disappeared like ashes with the beat of Raon's dragon wings.

Showing the world the final journey of the Dragon Lord and the Black Knight.

"Let's go, Raon-nim."

.
.
.

[Sung Jinwoo's POV]

Leaving Cale behind without his direct supervision was like swallowing bitter bile. He felt very uneasy, as if leaving Cale behind was a mistake. His instincts screamed to not let the red-haired young master escape from surveillance. Even Ashborn's presence that had faded in recent days felt a smoldering concern.

Igris then tried to send soothing feelings to their king, to no avail. His glowing purplish eyes stared hatefully at the city in front of him. Especially at the person who caused this trouble, leaving Jinho injured and separated from Cale.

The Scavenger Guild.

Hwa Dong Seok's younger brother, Hwa Dong Su.

This must be all their doing. Given that Jinwoo had killed Hwa Dongseok, his brother must have been waiting for him to come to America for a long time.

Anger almost blinded him, but was soon calmed by the Black Heart's mana. Ashborn sent a feeling to stay focused so that the problem would be solved quickly and they could return to Cale.

"Everyone, track the scent Cale left on Jinho." The scattered shadows gave obedient replies back.

It did not escape his notice how Cale left a strange 'mark' on Go Gunhee and Yoo Jinho. Cale's quasi-power that felt both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time glowed around these two people. As if providing protection.

And Jinwoo was even more convinced when the red-haired man appeared to be in pain, and then immediately asked to save Jinho.

After waiting for almost ten minutes, one of the shadows sent a signal. Jinwoo immediately performed a Shadow Exchange and hid his aura instantly as he found himself near an abandoned building. Silvery eyes that glowed with purplish light glanced at how far they were from the city center, then chuckled.

His hatred was rising.

They chose a place that distanced him from Cale, separating them much too far for his liking.

Footsteps echoed in the silence of the night.

Ahjin's robes fluttered to blend with the shadows.

Eyes shadowed by dark bangs, radiating an aura of power behind and a gaze so cold and oppressive.

Footsteps halted in front of the building's door.

Silent, as if not even breathing, at one with nature, Jinwoo let all shadows circle the building until it darkened without light.

The palpable panic made the young man grin a little.

"-tards! Who the hell are you! DON'T PLAY WITH ME-!" Jinwoo then let the aura he had been hiding behind come out in full force.

"Me?"

Tucking Jinho behind him using Shadow Exchange, Jinwoo almost smiled at how Cale's power had protected the younger man. Although he still ended up with a few scrapes and bruises, the tearful Jinho nodded his thanks while saying he was fine.

However, that smile soon faded.

The attack on Jinho regarding the protection Cale had provided, it hurt the red haired man unilaterally.

The cold returned to haunt the abandoned building.

The humans trapped in the darkness could feel thousands of eyes glowing in the darkness with a thirst for their blood, ready to hunt them down.

"You wait here, Jinho-ya." The eyes glowed with the promise of deep torture.

"I'll take care of the pests first."

.
.
.

[Thomas Andre's POV]

"How is the condition, Laura?"

"With the cooperation of the Hunter Bureau, we have analyzed Mr. Hwang's movement patterns in the past month." Thomas Andre's eyes twitched at the explanation of his interlocutor. A sense of dizziness haunted his mind. Completely realizing that his Hunter had now crossed the line and was not listening to his orders.

"There were a total of three instances where Mr. Hwang deviated from his daily schedule."

Thomas's golden brown eyes narrowed coldly.

"Send everyone these three positions, split teams in even numbers and treat each location with the same level of seriousness."

"Yes, Sir."

Before Laura hung up, Thomas realized the strangeness of their conversation.

"How did you manage to persuade the Hunter Bureau, Laura?" Anxiety shot through his cell phone as Laura was silent for a few seconds.

"...Mr. Sung Jinwoo-"

Thomas's eyes widened and glowed golden.

Oh no.

Stifling a yelp, Thomas quickly stood up from his seat.

"-Sir ?!"

I have to go!

"Laura! Just in case, bring Cale Henituse to the scene!" The woman on the other side of the phone was dumbfounded.

"-for what?"

"There's no more time! It's now or never!" Thomas hung up the phone forcefully, running hurriedly out of the building.

Hwang Dongsuk must have caused trouble and now Hunter Sung was responding immediately!

For the current situation, they needed Hunter Henituse to-his cell phone rang again and Laura's name was on it.

"What is it again?! Hurry up and find Hunter Henituse-!"

"I can't, sir!" the footsteps came to an abrupt halt.

"Why, what's going on?!"

"Barrier! The hotel where Hunter Henituse is located is now under an alien barrier! We can't get through it-!"

Shit! Now what the heck else is going on?!

*******

[Third Person's POV]

The shadow he glimpsed disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"... Beru?" the shadow chimera still looked very tense with its wings spread threateningly. Protecting Cale behind him along with the other two humans.

"Did you see that figure earlier?" The shadow nodded seriously.

"He's after you, Queen," Beru hissed with a strong murderous air. Suddenly, his sense of responsibility for the task the King had given him increased exponentially.

He was trusted by the Liege to guard the Queen.

He would protect him with his entire life!

"Can you break down the barriers surrounding this building, Beru?" asked Cale, looking at the translucent red wall with a calm face. Unconsciously giving off the aura of a commander analyzing a war situation.

A glance made Adam and Jinchul surprised to see this beautiful red-haired man so calmly collected.

They never expected those jewel-like eyes to look so cold and oppressive.

"I am not sure, my Queen. But, this lowly servant will try-!" Cale's hand shot up to calm the shadow.

"I think I can break it down," Cale muttered, feeling strange about the instinct he felt at the sight of the red barrier. There was something inside him that was struggling to break free and tear apart the alien force that had attacked him.

The thing inside him recognized the alien force as an enemy.

"Protect me, Beru." The shadow chimera ant's body gave off a purplish glow, the power it had been holding back was clamoring to be released.

"With my life, my Queen."

"W-what are you sure, Hunter Henituse?! You might get hurt!" exclaimed Jinchul, unable to imagine himself facing a Jinwoo filled with rage at the sight of his lover getting hurt. Perhaps, that Rank-S Hunter would go on a rampage and destroy half the world.

"Certainly not completely sure, Mr. Woo," Cale replied curtly. He was actually uneasy and restless. To see firsthand the power of an enemy he did not know, just to fulfill the call of the 'something' within him that was beginning to overwhelm him.

His self-defense without Ancient Power here was 0%!

If it wasn't for Beru's calming presence, perhaps Cale would have found another way to escape.

Better to survive than die in vain.

"But... why?" asked Adam in a broken voice. Cale gave the man a complicated look.

"...just keep the other guests away from the front yard. I'll go with Beru. Try to protect them and don't come out until I give the signal. Clear?" Overwhelmed at Cale's cold voice, the other two men could only nod. Without further ado, they immediately carried out his orders.

"Queen." Reddish brown eyes glanced at the shadow accompanying him.

"...my connection with the Liege is severed," growled the shadow warrior, truly unable to resist slaughtering all who severed his sacred connection with the Liege. Shibal Sekkiya!*¹

Cale's mind was churning with various emotions. It momentarily overwhelmed him, that this foreign enemy was not just any enemy that could sever the connection between the shadow and its master.

That was worrying.

Without realizing it, they arrived at the hotel's front yard. Cale gulped when he felt the tense red atmosphere around him.

"...it's this easy to make it out?" Cale and Beru stared intently at the presence that appeared in front of them in the blink of an eye.

The figure had wildly flowing reddish hair, with an aristocratic face, pale skin contrasting with slit red eyes that shone with power. The newcomer wore red silver armor with a high collar, paired with a reddish-brown tailcoat.

There was a smile on his face.

Cale, who looked into those eyes, felt his heart beat painfully fast.

"Hmm... so, this is what the lover Ashborn is always looking for looks like?" At this remark, Cale's eyes widened. He was tongue-tied, staring blankly at the gripping presence in front of him, who was now grinning widely.

"I see, no wonder Ashborn was so enamored as to constantly seek you out," the enemy whispered with arched eyes full of pride.

"For a human, you are very beautiful."

"SHUT UP! DON'T TEASE MY QUEEN-!" Beru was rendered speechless as an invisible force attacked him. It had a slight effect on him who was somewhat caught off guard, thus overwhelming the shadow chimera.

"And also, with the power within you, it no longer makes you fully human." Cale's eyes narrowed with a reproachful look. He did not want to be commented on like that when this enemy in front of him was one of the reasons Ashborn was betrayed and lost his true self.

"This way, I don't have to slaughter many disgusting humans to get him to fight with me, do I?" the taller bright red-haired man chuckled, walking towards the others with leisurely steps.

His hand raised up with the intent to touch the left side of Cale's face, however it was immediately swatted away by an invisible force, making a hiss like burning flesh.

"With just you, I can drive Ashborn crazy." The bastard started laughing out loud. At that moment, Cale could only give the man in front of him a cold stare.

"Do that-" Cale took a step forward. Boldly maintaining a calm face with eyes implied to be full of hatred for the man in front of him.

"-and I'll make you regret being alive, you bastard." That promise was like a keyword that unleashed the true power within Cale. Reddish-brown eyes flashed golden in a single blink, disappearing with a look as if the taller man was nothing more than a pest to him.

Making the newcomer refrain from grinning maniacally.

Ashborn's lover, shattering his expectations in the blink of a moment.

The figure he thought was so weak, a helpless and troublesome human like any other, a whore for seducing a great and majestic figure like the Dark Lord, Ashborn, had in an instant shattered that perception like glass.

Replacing it with a figure of cold, oppressive beauty, and a gaze which viewed him as if he did not deserve to be in his sight. The familiar power that surrounded him also felt like fire for his own strength.

Respect increased rapidly as the grin became a cold smile even as his eyes sparkled with interest.

"O Last Fragment of The Absolute One-"

"Allow me to Introduce-" the man with slit red eyes began to bow gracefully.

"-I am the King of Dragons-" Cale stiffened at this nickname. Raon's enemy.

"-Monarch of Destruction-" A chill ran through Cale's veins. Ashborn's enemy. Jinwoo's enemy.

The face then looked up, giving Cale a smile.

"-you can call me 'Antares'."

Right after saying that, the atmosphere suddenly fell very quiet and still.

Even the enemy, Antares, frowned at the strange feeling that swept around. Slit red eyes stared intently at the surroundings, making sure the barriers were still under his control-his eyes then widened.

In that deafeningly quiet second, the barrier suddenly began to crack.

Beru, who saw this as an opportunity, quickly led Cale away from his king's enemy.

Antares, on the other hand, began to feel his heart skip a beat.

Recognizing a familiar presence.

Which was slowly approaching them.

"Hahaha," laughed the Monarch, glancing at Cale with a disturbingly smug face.

"They're back." Cale's eyebrows rose slightly at that statement. They?

As he was about to question him, the ground around him shook with force.

Along with the reddish barrier having shattered, revealing a night sky that somehow suddenly looked very vast to Cale's eyes.

"My Queen...," Beru's whisper made Cale nearly faint at the sight in front of him. The dark sky in his eyes he saw was actually two pairs of wings spread wide, almost covering the area around them.

In the continuing silence, Cale saw a pair of slit blue orbs shining beautifully with power.

Then, the figure above the creature that merged with the night stood up with a sword that began to emit a familiar sparkling black aura.

Unconsciously, Cale took a step forward, stunned.

It was impossible to speak as his lips trembled, unable to utter a word.

The jeweled reddish-brown eyes that began to glaze over with recognition due to the familiar overwhelming existence in front of him, was now clearly materializing in his memories.

"... Choi Han...?" he whispered hopefully.

Cale's voice sounded very fragile.

It echoed in the silence between them.

Making the newcomer flinch.

"... Raon?"

And as the moonlight took over the darkness of the night, Cale witnessed two faces that he had not seen in hundreds of years, except for in the darkness of his own mind.

A smile gradually bloomed beautifully on the red-haired man's face.

"Cale-nim."

"Father."

.
.
.

[Sung Jinwoo's POV]

"S-sorry, we don't understand Korean-" the black-haired man chuckled. Head tilted with a cold, reproachful gaze.

"Once a fool, always remains a fool, right?" A mocking grin appeared on the handsome Asian-blooded face, making the two pitiful kroco in front of him show a face of restrained anger. Annoyed to the core, using his two shadows, he directly hit Hwang Dongsu's two subordinates.

"Stop it, Sung Jinwoo!" Glancing out of the corner of his eye, the newcomer entered. Dissatisfied but also unconcerned, Jinwoo simply threw Jinho's two kidnappers away.

Keeping an eye out with an increasingly murderous air, Hwang Dongsu asked.

"Did you kill my brother, Hwang Dongsuk?" Feeling like this conversation was a waste of his time, Jinwoo nodded indifferently.

"Yes. So what?" his interlocutor, who had heard Jinwoo's indifferent voice, clenched his fists tightly. At the same time a vein appeared on his forehead and a reddish aura emanated from his large body.

Without preamble, the larger man began to attack Jinwoo and was stopped in an instant by Korean Hunter's swift punch to his stomach. The simple strike had a huge impact, sending Hwang Dongsu's body flying far out of the building.

"-UGHF!" Eyes opened wide, ignoring the pain in his back, realizing Jinwoo's anger. Evident in the darkness that gradually crept into the night and merged with it.

"For now, you have two faults." An invisible force kept Hwang Dongsu from moving and speaking. Jinwoo's eyes, which had been glowing purplish, turned an eerie liquid silvery gray.

"One-" Jinwoo's hand shot up, along with Hwang Dongsu's left arm.

"-you kidnapped Jinho."

"ARGH!" The arm was broken just like that. Jinwoo tilted his face with a look of indifference.

"Two-" now it was Dongsu's leg's turn to get stuck.

"You're keeping me away from Cale."

"AARGHHHH!!!" The pain was intense as his right leg was broken.

"Ah, there seem to be three mistakes." The black-haired youth began to chuckle mockingly, along with the roar of the shadow soldiers laughing at the pitiful human under their King.

This time, Dongsu's neck was restrained by Jinwoo's invisible force.

"Third mistake-" a sense of satisfaction gradually enveloped Jinwoo's heart as he saw Hwang Dongsu begin to suffocate.

"-you hurt Cale-"

"STOP !" Jinwoo's hand movements came to a halt. His eyes twitched lightly, sensing the newcomer who was severely interrupting his 'pest removal' session.

"-I told you not to bother him. Still that bastard-" muttered the bully with a strength that was starting to show as well.

"Is he still alive, Hunter Sung?"

"...not dead." Thomas Andre gulped at the cold, oppressive voice. If he was too late, then the South Korean Hunter would not hesitate to kill Hwang Dongsu.

"There are more cons in your current actions, Hunter Sung. Let him go and we can talk this through-" Jinwoo couldn't help but laugh. Silvery gray eyes glanced up from the corner of his eye, with a mocking grin on his face.

"Talk, hm?" Thomas' lips twitched.

"If you let him go, I'll forget about this incident."

Silence.

There was no response from Sung Jinwoo.

Instead, the man stood up from his original crouched position in front of Hwang Dongsu then looked over his shoulder with a smirk on his face.

"If I refuse?" Thomas Andre's eyes widened, as his own strength increased.

"Then I-" Suddenly, Jinwoo's body straightened. His eyes that were originally sharpened with a cold intensity, widened in shock, with various emotions flashing through the eyes that looked so hollow and empty before. As the handsome face of the Korean-blooded man suddenly darkened.

"... disconnected?" The darkness around increased rapidly. Thomas subconsciously stepped backwards feeling an unfamiliar force roiling wildly in the air. Stifling a hiss, this must be related to Hunter Henituse who was stuck in the barrier.

Jinwoo on the other hand seemed to feel his own heart stop beating as he felt his bond with Beru being severed. From what he had learned during his acquisition of this shadow power was that no matter how far apart they were, the shadows would always be connected.

Jinwoo always knew where he was and what he was doing in the shadows.

But... this?

His eyes widened in the shadows of his jet black hair, with the cries of the shadows sounding deafening to his ears. Suddenly, everything he felt in the world did not feel right. The darkness that consumed him seemed so empty-

-Shadow Exchange! Rage almost blinded the young man, still holding on to the foolishness that he could change position in an instant to be with Cale.

Silver-gray eyes glanced coldly at Hwang Dongsu in front of him, the start of all the trouble that led to his separation from Cale. Then he'd also hurt Jinho in his unlucky plan. If only this bastard had not sought trouble with him...

... he wouldn't have gotten separated from Cale again.

How long had he been separated? Tens of years? Hundreds of years?

Damn!

Does love feel so disgusting to fate? For them to feel longing? Affection? Kindness?

Why destroy a world that is already destroyed?

Why?

WHY?

Quick as lightning and unexpectedly, Jinwoo broke Dongsu's neck and threw the body away and dared to predict the end of New York City. With the intention of leaving the corpse in ruins.

"HUNTER SUNG!" heads turned, shadowed by an eerie emptiness.

"I've tried to be patient so many times-" muttered the Korean Hunter, voice distorted with an unfamiliar sound. All the sanctioning eyes that arrived saw the power begin to ooze out of the Hunter's body as the tips of his hair began to turn white.

"-how much longer do they want to separate me from my Altalune?"

The Black Heart's mana was currently beating very fast. Ashborn's anger blurred and merged with Jinwoo's own.

It was all mixed up.

Right now, Jinwoo didn't even feel like himself.

He didn't know who he was now.

But that didn't matter.

Now there was only Cale Henituse occupying his mind and heart.

He had to save Cale.

His Altalune.

And make sure to preserve their union.

Not to be separated from him ever again.

.
.
.

[Third Person's POV]

The world that greeted them was a modern world that surprisingly had a high mana capacity. Dark black eyes sharpened sensing the irregularity that struck the earth this time. In the blink of an eye, he could scan the entire force and his hands were clenched. Sensing that this world would fall victim to the Rulers who aimed to defeat the Monarch and aim for the power of The Absolute One.

"Strong Choi Han," muttered Raon, the adult dragon still flying over the modern city. Feeling the fear that engulfed the settlers below with an indifferent look.

"Get on with it, Raon-nim," replied Choi Han, holding back his anger.

"Someone has come to harm Cale-nim." The Dragon stiffened, power slowly beginning to ooze from him, creating electrified stormy shocks with every flap of his wide wings.

"Looks like those bastards haven't been warned enough, huh."

Without further ado, the black Dragon then began to fly to the source of the power that was so disturbing, and frustratingly located alongside the presence that it had been longing for.

Choi Han felt his heart begin to beat very fast.

Finally... FINALLY!

They were going to meet Cale-nim !

Overwhelmed by the feelings of longing, enthusiasm, expectation, adoration, loyalty and love that were mixed in his mind, black eyes began to glisten and were again illuminated by the twinkle of life.

His mind had been filled with emptiness, resentment and darkness. His heart felt so empty and hollow like an endless void. However, everything seemed to be filling up again just by the thought of reuniting with the source of his life. His home.

Cale Henituse.

His Liege.

For the first time, after hundreds of years of wandering, Choi Han smiled sincerely. A gust of wind rustled his long black bangs, revealing to the world the relieved face of a Choi Han who was free from all his inner darkness.

Raon, on the other hand, did his best to hold back the tears that threatened to come out of his eyes.

You can't cry, Raon Miru!

He has grown up!

So mighty and great!

He is the Lord of all the Dragon Races in the various worlds!

... he can't cry. can't...

.... Father.

His human.

Finally... he could see his Human's face.

He can again bask in his warmth... and embrace him...

Human...

Father ....!

He continued to increase the speed of his flight until he arrived at a city with a night sky and a lively atmosphere. Feeling the brush of Choi Han's hand over his head, the dragon swooped down sharply, straight down from the sky and sent a flap of power-filled wind at the forces that had been holding back his father's presence.

The dragon grinned sharply as it sensed the panic engulfing the intruder, satisfied and purring at the sight of the red barrier cracking and shattering like glass.

With wings spread wide, he landed on the street in front of the high-rise building. Sending out a breeze of domineering power, it brought the souls living on this land to their knees in an instant. Unable to withstand the weight of the black scale-crowned Dragon Lord's power.

Without a signal, he used part of his power to mute the enemy, the pests who dared to show their faces to their sight.

Choi Han anticipated the black aura that began to emanate from the sword Cale had given him. It remained intact and unshattered as long as he breathed. Then-

"...Choi Han?"

Silence.

And froze.

Both Choi Han's and Raon's attention turned to the longed-for human figure.

They were choked with emotion.

Reddish hair that shines beautifully under the moonlight. Contrasting with the healthy pale skin tone and framing a beautiful face. Matching eyebrows, shaded a pair of glittering reddish-brown eyes that now looked back at them tearfully.

"...Raon?"

His frail voice was filled with hope.

Choi Han's heart broke hearing it.

Roan's heart swelled with a wealth of emotion.

Gradually, quivering smiles were etched on both of their faces.

Raon then lowered his head slowly. Making Choi Han move to go down, but with a force that defied gravity, he gently landed in front of the owner of the source of warmth in his life.

"Cale-nim." Overwhelmed, all Choi Han could do now was to look down. Shadowing Cale's features with his hair, eyes blurred by stifled tears.

The adult dragon, on the other hand, brought his face close to Choi Han's right side. He was tongue-tied, unable to utter a word because right now, there was only the urge to cry into the arms of the human figure who had contributed greatly to his great and mighty life.

"Father."

There was a moment of silence.

Then a small touch on the left shoulder and the right side of the Raon's lower lip.

They were tugged closer with a gentle caress-like motion, pulling them into Cale's indulgent semi-embrace that was so warm.

"Have you guys..."

His whisper and heartbeat almost sounded like a lullaby.

Oh, God.

How Choi Han and Raon were suffocated by the overwhelming longing for the owner of the throne of their hearts.

"... eaten?"

Silence.

Then laughter erupted, eyes wet with tears of happiness.

Almost as if he did not expect it, Cale then released his embrace. Looking at Choi Han's gaunt face and Raon's wrinkled form. He then touched their cheeks (though the tip of the dragon's lips for Raon) with a sullen and conflicted face.

"I'm seriously asking this. Why are you so skinny, Choi Han?"

"Raon? Even if you're a great and mighty dragon, why don't you eat regularly?"

The two, dragon and knight, let Cale's voice wash away the longing feeling that engulfed their hearts. Smiling at the sight of the red-haired human still commenting on and giving advice to maintain their diet.

"So, you guys-"

"Ah ah ah, such a heartwarming reunion," a voice interrupted and broke the tender moment in Raon and Choi Han's hearts.

"Well, there seems to be one bastard who forgot the promise I made a long time ago, don't you think?" Muttered Raon who slowly began to stand up straight. Covering Cale completely from the sight of Antares, one of the Monarchs he had defeated in the past.

Antares tilted his head with a smile.

"Promise? Hmmm, I don't remember, must I?" The Dragon Monarch laughed as he released Raon's power that had locked him down.

That movement made Choi Han alert. Sending a non-verbal signal to one of the Ashborn shadow warriors to protect Cale's back side.

"Well, that's normal. No wonder an ignorant creature like you can also be deaf or insane?" Raon retorted mockingly.

Antares burst into laughter, almost sounding cheerful.

"I can't wait!" The man exclaimed suddenly, beginning to walk casually in front of Raon. Who was still covering Ashborn's lover with his large body.

"For the battle ahead-" all present then turned to Antares' focus.

Raon and Choi Han also fell silent as they felt the familiar presence that slowly began to approach them.

It felt like the darkness of the night began to expand and cover the moon. Similarly, the presence approaching had an all-encompassing oppressively strong force.

Black.

It was the first thing they noticed.

Black hair.

A different face.

The figure of 'Ashborn' walked slowly, coming out of the circle of darkness, with echoing steps.

"-ah." Antares began to smile broadly.

"Welcome, Ashborn," greeted the Monarch in a polite, teasing, pleased voice.

"You're late to the party."

A pair of liquid silvery gray orbs shone brightly in the darkness.

Their gaze only fixated on the red-haired figure standing at Choi Han's side, in front of Beru and behind Raon.

Ignoring Antares' presence, their newcomer extended both hands.

The cold, oppressive face slowly softened. And a smile began to appear on the figure's handsome face.

"Altalune."

.
.
.

[Past]

Cale's reddish-brown eyes did not stop staring at the figure of the young man in front of him.

Seeing how his sturdy frame was illuminated by the moonlight, making his white hair glisten softly. The flutter of lashes on his cheeks, accentuated the soft side of an Adonis's handsome sculpted features, which also looked very solemn and bowed to the title of honor.

Currently, they were at the top of the Velaris Royal family shrine to perform the ritual Ashborn had spoken of earlier. Because the peak of the moon and thousands of stars would be lined up tightly in the center of their kingdom.

Cale, along with his three children and bodyguard, Choi Han, stood near the center of the round pond. It was surrounded by Silver Pelia flowers, reflecting the sparkling clear water.

Ashborn walked slowly forward, towards the center of the pond. While the King's mother, Lady Narcissia as well as Princess Cassiopeia stood on each side of the pond and faced Ashborn.

The young man in the center of the pond, Ashborn, who was originally looking down slowly, looked up to face the night sky that was clearly displayed. The architecture of the building that had an open roof made the moon look so clear and large.

Cale, who was usually not easily impressed, was stunned for a long time.

Then, Ashborn began to say a few words in a voice so soft and full of worship and devotion. The sight of the white-haired man unconsciously made Cale's heart beat erratically.

Ashborn slowly turned his body to face Cale. At the same time, the moon's reflection blended perfectly into the round pool. The water slowly shone, surrounding the King with the aura and whispers of nature.

Faintly, Cale could hear Raon, On and Hong gasp, making sounds of admiration at the sight. Choi Han seemed to be witnessing a miracle.

However, Cale only saw a pair of silvery gray eyes that were now focused on him.

Why was Ashborn looking at him with that face?

A face that... longed for him.

Cale's voice was choked.

He unconsciously took a step to approach the King who was now extending a hand towards him.

"Cale." Ashborn's voice whispered, like calling his name was some grand, precious, treasured secret. Making the red-haired youth smile a little.

"Ashborn."

The light in the pool water grew brighter, and began to enter Ashborn. Cale watched with fascination. Like tendrils of plants crawling over Ashborn's pale skin, sparkling as if sprinkled with glitter, slowly forming certain patterns around the King's body. The carved pattern stopped at the forehead, forming a symbol, which Cale believed to be the family crest of Velaris.

Power seemed to be at its peak as the tips of Ashborn's white hair began to float gently. Together with the alluring power of nature.

Ashborn, who had stayed where he was, now began to walk toward Cale, who stood at the edge of the pool. Two hands were now stretched out, asking for the redhead's reply in silence.

Cale on the one hand wanted to reject it. Because this ritual should be so sacred and intimate for the Velaris family. So, why did he who was a stranger, only known for half a year, deserve to receive that reaching hand?

Somewhat unsure, Cale looked back. Staring at the faces of the children one by one as well as Choi Han who nodded with smiles on their faces. Cale sighed for a moment. Restraining himself from snorting with dignity.

"What's going on, Ash-ya?" He asked out of pure curiosity. The master being asked just smiled. Making his form even more exotic and whoa, Cale was sure that face was comparable to the human form of dragons.

"Come with me for a moment, Cale." The redhead frowned.

".... shouldn't Princess Cassiopeia or Lady Narcissia be the proper ones? Not me?" Ashborn without hesitation shook his head.

"So?" Two hands were raised once, as a non-verbal reply. Furious and reluctant, Cale accepted. Ashborn's face grew smug and radiant.

He was led gently to the center of the pool with King Velaris.

His heart beat faster and faster. Fear and anticipation for what would happen next.

"Don't be afraid, Cale," Ashborn murmured, his voice so close to his ear. Making the younger man look like he was leaning on the top of his head.

"I just want to share this beauty with you-" Ashborn's forehead now rested on the top of his forehead. Making his liquid silvery gray eyes collide closely with his own reddish brown ones.

"-can you feel it?" At this question, Cale closed his eyes. Trying to feel what Ashborn was saying. Then gasped as he felt an unfamiliar, foreign power fill him.

His eyes opened in surprise, about to say something to Ashborn but stopped. The young man in front of him gave a small grin, bright and happy. Their foreheads were still together, making Ashborn's humming almost sound like a lullaby.

"That is, Cale-" his hand was raised to the King's lips.

"-my strength, my feelings, and my heart beating for you."

He kissed his hand gently.

Full of Adoration.

Devotion.

Loyalty.

Affection.

And... Love.

Cale froze.

Suddenly, all the behavior Ashborn had shown all this time made sense.

His interruptions in between his busy schedule to disturb Cale's sleep.

Joining them wherever they traveled to the city.

Buying Cale lots of quality pillows and blankets.

Presenting him many small flowers, then idly arranging them in Cale's hair while he slept.

Sometimes touching his waist, bringing him into an embrace, out of harm's way.

Eyes that were always closed, as if enjoying the moment of being able to kiss the top of his head.

The look in his eyes...

His smile...

And his joyful laughter...

Then all the worshipful gazes, even at the beginning before starting the ritual, the King's gaze was always on him.

"Altalune." Even a special nickname for him. Over the Moon.

For some reason, Cale's vision was suddenly a little blurry. Making Ashborn's visuals dreamy, with a beautiful sheen surrounding the white-haired man.

The hand that had been gently kissed, was now raised to his forehead.

The strongest King, bowed before Cale.

Completely devoted.

And said in a loud voice, echoing throughout the universe.

"I love you."

.
.
.

[Present]

Memories faded like paint in water.

Ashborn's moonlit figure was replaced with Jinwoo wrapped in darkness.

The night moon shining fiercely made the darkness thicker and stronger.

The young man of Korean blood appeared with a dark sheen that hypnotized the world, the tips of his hair were floating gently against gravity but rippling like water. And a pair of liquid silvery gray eyes stared at their enemy coldly.

Then they changed when that face turned towards Cale.

The coldness simply melted away.

It was replaced by a familiar expression, eyes sparkling with adoration, and devotion in the smile it gave.

Cale was stunned as Ashborn's memories alternated between overlaying reality with the form of Jinwoo extending two hands to him.

"Altalune."

Jinwoo called, unknowingly bringing Cale out of Beru, Choi Han and Raon's protective shell.

They let him.

Even Antares who watched from a distance.

In his steps, Cale's eyes could not look away from Jinwoo's appearance. Every inch of his handsome face, his eyebrows, nose, eyelashes, the sharp frame of his cheeks and chin. An Adonis's face worthy of God's most perfect creation.

However, that liquid silvery gray gaze was his focus.

He saw so much of Ashborn in Sung Jinwoo.

Cale's heart ached.

It was getting harder and harder for him to separate the two identities, when they seemed to form into one?

His footsteps halted.

Doubts crossed his mind and heart.

Over and over again he repeated to himself.

It was cruel to see Ashborn in Jinwoo. When the young man in front of him was clearly Sung Jinwoo.

No one likes to be compared to another person. Especially if it felt like being replaced.

Cale did not want to be a person with such evil thoughts.

And that thought was shattered when Jinwoo's hand began to touch his cheek. He gasped and looked up to say something, but stopped at Jinwoo's expression.

It was...

".... calm down, Cale," Jinwoo whispered.

"It's me," he said again. Flashes of various emotions flashed through his eyes.

"-and it will always be 'me' here," finally bringing Cale into his arms.

The redhead was confused.

What did Jinwoo mean by that?

That 'me' was always inside him?

"You." Jinwoo's voice lost its softness. Replaced with a low, cold and merciless tone. It was directed at the other burly redhead who grinned.

"Warn the others-" Choi Han began to take his place on Jinwoo's right, while Beru was on his left with the other shadow soldiers, and Raon towering behind them.

"-no more mercy if they are in my sight."

Antares was silent for a moment before nodding.

"That is my purpose for coming here, O Shadow Monarch, Ashborn," the Dragon Monarch said, confusing them for a moment with his strange demeanor.

"When the time comes, I will fight with you." His gaze then fell on Cale who was still in Jinwoo's arms.

"And gladly if blessed by the presence of your Altalune." Raon growled, rejecting and deeply displeased with the idea. Antares ignored him.

"The others will be here soon." His body began to disappear, but the grin was still there.

"I look forward to our next meeting, Shadow Monarch."

And just like that, Antares disappeared from their sight.

"I swear, that bastard is the strangest of them all," Raon grumbled above them with a displeased look. Choi Han also snorted at their side.

Then, both of them suddenly glanced at Cale who was still cozy in Jinwoo's arms. Suddenly embarrassed by the situation, Cale tried to extricate himself from the younger's embrace, shocked that he was not able to move an inch from his position.

"Jinwoo-ya," Cale whispered indignantly. Blushing at Choi Han and Raon's knowing smiles.

Their teasing attitude never changed!

"Let go of me-!"

"No way," Jinwoo replied directly, without hesitation, securing Cale's waist more snuggly within his arms. Hugging the older man from behind with his head slightly resting on the crown of the shorter mans head.

Beru, who had watched enough dramas, was now slowly returning to the Shadow Realm. Satisfaction embalmed his soul, setting the Queen-King's romance drama with the highest rating out of all the drama lists he knew!

"Jinwoo-ya!" Cale's voice almost sounded like a whine. Staying still in the sticky position with Jinwoo.

"Whoah, Father's Lover has black hair now."

Silence.

Everyone turned to glance at Raon who tilted his face with slit blue eyes shining with interest at Jinwoo.

Just about to say something, and-

"Kyaaaakkkk!!! THAT'S THE FREAKING DRAGON, FUCK !"

A shrill cry broke the atmosphere. Then there were other shouts, sounds of chaos, steps running here and there. Even black cars, tanks and helicopters could faintly be heard circling them.

Cale's face suddenly turned pale.

"Hmmm, the reaction is slower than the previous world, right, Raon-nim?"

Black Dragon let out an amused growl.

"The previous world?"

Jinwoo asked innocently. Making smug faces at both the knight and the dragon. Leaving Cale in a brief story session with the shadow soldiers who listened solemnly.

Hey...?

Aren't...

YOU GUYS TOO RELAXED RIGHT NOW?!

"Jinwoo-ya, let go of me! Otherwise, we'll be arrested!" Cale exclaimed in panic. Not wanting to go through the troublesome process of being interrogated or even blackmailed for destroying city property.

This is not South Korea!

"You guys-!" How dare he look at Cale as if he's a freak here?!

"GET ALL YOUR WEAPONS READY !"

Cale's face turned dramatically at the pile of weapons pointed at Raon. As well as the group of Hunters with various powers at their side.

"OUR TARGET IS A DRAGON-LEVEL DISASTER !"

"STOP, DAMN IT! STOP !!!"

Cale's voice, aided by the power of the wind, roared loudly.

The former Commander, who had never screamed like that in his life, was now panting tiredly in Jinwoo's arms. Ashamed of himself for looking ridiculous in the arms of the Korean Rank-S Hunter who was still reluctant to let go.

"STOP! CIVILIANS-WHOAAHH! DRAGONS ARE STARTING TO ATTACK!"

Raon, who saw his father's sudden exhaustion because of the other humans, began to get angry.

How dare they make his father, his dearest human, exhausted ?!

Its wings began to spread menacingly with the power of electrified storm winds.

"S... stop..." said Cale trembling pitifully. Jinwoo laughed in return at their ridiculous situation.

"Who do we need to exterminate first, Raon-nim-?"

"-no!"

"Buahahahaha!"

Cale looked fiercely at Jinwoo who was laughing out loud.

"Why are you laughing?! Damn it! Look at the situation! We're surrounded and could be labeled an international danger!"

"Ahahahaha! Oh my God! Jjinjja (Really)! So funny!"

"Father? Do I need to exterminate them?"

"How, Cale-nim?"

"ATTACK THE DRAGON-!"

"NO !"

.
.
.

[Sung Jinwoo's POV]

After a lengthy peace talking session, during which Cale's voice became hoarse as he explained, they finally reached the conclusion to discuss it in or after the international guild conference meeting. Then, the roar of the car made Jinwoo realize that they were currently on their way to another hotel at the insistence of the American Hunter Bureau.

The young Korean's gray eyes now turned to the small dragon on Cale's lap. For a moment, Jinwoo marveled at the power he felt through the blue-eyed dragon.

Its body size was larger than Khamish's. Its power was also very wild but at the same time controlled.

And he could keep it, hold it in such a small form ?

Well, seeing the smug smile of Cale who seemed content to hold him, made all the strangeness become normal for him.

Then, he turned to look at the black-robed knight, who was sitting across from him, a gaze that did not leave Cale.

Surprisingly, he was not wary?

That gaze did feel familiar. Like worship, devotion, and love. But it was so strongly platonic, that Jinwoo did not mind seeing that look in the man before him.

"Alright, everyone. Before we get to the hotel, I'll introduce you to the person who saved me," Cale's words took over their attention. The redhead smiled a tired, yet warm smile.

"This young man is Sung Jinwoo. You can call him Jinwoo." Cale pointed to him, who immediately bowed lightly and formally.

"Then, this man in front of us is Choi Han." Choi Han's smile, almost lighting up the entire room. Nodding sweetly and obediently to him.

"Also, this little dragon on my lap is Raon Miru." The introduced one then stood up, rubbing his cheek with Cale's while exclaiming,

"Call me the great and mighty Raon!"

... Jinwoo could hardly believe that this cute little adorable dragon was the same dragon with half a wing covering half of New York City.

"And lastly... he is Adam White, who serves as our guide while in America."

Ah. Jinwoo forgot the presence of the other man sitting beside Choi Han, facing him.

For a moment, he sympathized with the man. His face looked very pale looking at the little dragon on Cale's lap, trying to hold back his trembling. Although funny, he found himself saluting his willpower.

It was not easy to endure an atmosphere filled with pure power. Especially one as powerful and ancient as Choi Han and Raon Miru.

"Mr. White, can I ask you a favor after we arrive at the hotel?" Cale asked, drawing the attention of all the occupants of the car.

"Of course, Hunter Henituse." Adam held back a small sense of pride at having managed to keep his voice from trembling.

"Then, would you please help me prepare food and also some clothes that are the size of the young man beside you?" Choi Han suddenly tried to refuse, to which Cale immediately returned a sharp glare.

"You're not taking care of yourself properly, Choi Han. Let me take care of you and Raon this time."

The young man (his face looked very deceptive, btw) deflated in resignation and nodded. There was an embarrassed smile on the face of the man who had previously looked so fierce and oppressive.

"Father! Can I get lots of meat and Apple Pie?!" Jinwoo stifled a giggle as Adam White gasped at the little dragon's voice.

"Of course, Ra," replied the redhead, pampering the little dragon with a soft voice.

Letting Cale have his reunion with his two family members, Jinwoo's eyes now turned to Adam before him. Although pale, there was a serious expression on the American's face.

"Hunter Sung..." just from the call, the eldest Sung boy could guess what their topic was going to be.

"Hunter Andre has been waiting for you in front of the hotel," Adam said, looking annoyed. Jinwoo nodded casually.

Not feeling guilty about what he did to Hwang Dongsu.

"Then-" Adam's gray-blue eyes glanced anxiously at the dragon and knight.

"They will be discussed another time." The Shadow Monarch's gray eyes began to glow coldly with silvery flecks.

"Remember what the main purpose of this Conference is, Mr. White," Jinwoo murmured, glancing out the car window.

"When specifically will the meeting be held?" Adam glanced at the tablet in his lap.

"Due to the incident that occurred today, the Bureau has postponed it by one day. The meeting will be held the day after tomorrow," the man replied obediently. The young Korean man nodded again.

"What about Jinho?"

"Hunter Yoo is being treated by our best medical experts. With him, we have Mr. Woo accompanying us."

Satisfied with the temporary situation, Sung Jinwoo leaned back in his seat. His eyes were closed, with his mind wandering. Trying to sort out one by one the problems plaguing him now.

"Jinwoo-ya?" Cale's call snapped the master back to reality. He turned his head, smiling softly at the small worry painted in his reddish-brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" Cale asked in Roan, sending Adam an apologetic look for being excluded.

"I'm fine, Cale. Just... a lot of trouble," Jinwoo replied.

"There may have been a lot of trouble-" Raon said suddenly, standing up from his seat with a bright face.

"-but we're already here!" Slit blue eyes stared at Jinwoo, summoning a breeze of familiarity in his heart. Bringing a smile to the Ahjin Guild leader's handsome face.

"It's true what Raon-nim said, Jinwoo-nim." His eyes now turned to Choi Han, who smiled brightly at him. Although his face was marred with scratches and dirt, his shaggy, rumpled clothes and long hair did not manage to mask his cheerful aura that fell down looking... charming.

Jinwoo looked at the two newcomers back and forth, before giving his own genuine smile.

Both of them looked the same as in his memories.

"Then, I can breathe a sigh of relief for a moment? Having two great comrades like you guys," Jinwoo replied getting a sweet smile in response.

The little dragon then boldly sat on his lap, standing with two fore hands touching Jinwoo's cheeks.

"You really are Father's Lover!" He exclaims happily, giving Jinwoo the coziest, cutest hug he's ever experienced.

"That's right! Even if your face and hair are different, you really are, Ashborn-nim!" Choi Han said again, just as enthusiastically.

Suddenly, their reactions brought a look of confusion to Cale's face.

"But... he's Jinwoo?" Cale weakly protested, earning him a shake of Raon's head who was now flying lightly towards his father's lap.

"And also Father's Lover!"

About to say something, their car reached its destination.

Seen in front of the hotel, many reporters, hunters, as well as the most prominent one (a well-built man with wild blonde hair) were waiting on the front lawn. Jinwoo's originally relaxed face turned cold and stoic.

"Mr. White, please take Cale, Raon and Choi Han to the break room. I'll take care of it," Jinwoo ordered while sending Beru into Cale's shadow. He gave the dragon and the knight a meaningful look that was returned with a nod.

"Cale," Jinwoo called, his expression softening now.

"Get some rest, okay? I'll join you soon." With a smooth, caring gesture, he kissed the top of the sweet red head. Cale blushed slightly, but only nodded in response.

Cale must have been very tired. Jinwoo regretted it for a moment.

A lot had happened in just one day.

First, their departure to America.

Then Jinho being kidnapped.

Cale who was detained in the enemy's foreign barrier.

Jinwoo who had to deal with Hwang Dongsu and the Scavenger Guild.

The arrival of Raon Miru as well as Choi Han.

As well as a warning to their enemies.

As he was about to open the car door, Cale's hand stopped him. The youngest turned his head and froze as he felt a soft kiss on the left corner of his lips. Gray eyes widened, looking at Cale with awed eyes.

"Please be careful, Jinwoo-ya." Nodding absentmindedly, Jinwoo got out of the car. Distracting the crowd so that le's car could safely enter the hotel parking lot.

However, even though the riot disturbed the atmosphere, Jinwoo could still feel the calmness and sweetness of the brief peck Cale gave him.

Kajja.

Let's get this over with quickly.

So that he can give and receive a real kiss.

Sung Jinwoo faced the masses and Thomas Andre with a small grin.

"Well, what are you waiting for ?" muttered the man representing Korea as he tilted his head with a witty expression.

"I have my lover waiting for me."

.
.
.

[Cale Henituse's POV]

30 minutes passed since they arrived at the room. His heart was also relieved to hear that Jinho was in the hands of experts. The reddish brown eyes now glanced lovingly at Raon and Choi Han who were eating.

Choi Han's appearance had also improved. Perhaps he could ask Kyunghye-ahjumma for help in cutting Choi Han's hair better.

Then, with concern, he glanced at the overall appearance of the two. Undeniably, despite having grown very strong, both of them were unkempt. Choi Han's body frame was so thin, even Raon's little dragon form!

"...we're fine, Father," Raon murmured, able to sense Cale's anxiety. After so many years had passed, his human's demeanor was getting softer and softer. A very welcome change after becoming Ashborn's lover.

"I'm sorry." Raon and Choi Han suddenly looked up from their meal.

"No! Why are you apologizing, Cale-nim?" asked Choi Han with a sad face.

"There's nothing to apologize for. None of this is your fault, Cale-nim. Even as unnecessary as it is, I never expected your apology." Cale's reddish-brown eyes widened with stifled tears.

Of course... so many years had passed...

He could not imagine the two of them watching how one by one their family left. Bitterly watching everyone age while their bodies stopped at a young age.

Sensing his human's anxiety and sadness, Raon flew from his position to Cale's lap. The red-haired man's hand then moved to caress the little dragon's head.

"... how were the others doing? Before..." Cale's voice disappeared at the end. Not having the strength to continue. Choi Han smiled knowingly, laced with sadness but also acceptance.

Cale's heart ached to see it.

How many years had passed until the young man in front of him was able to smile like that?

"The news is all good, Cale-nim," replied the black-haired knight in a nostalgic voice. Raon on his lap nodded. Giving him a cheerful smile.

"Noona, Hyung, Cookie Prince and the others all send their regards to you, Father!" Chuckling but still sad, Cale nodded.

"Everyone also left with a smile. Nothing serious happened after the war," Choi Han continued again, now finishing his meal.

"So don't carry it around as a burden, Father," Raon whispered sweetly. Then, the little dragon's face looked up and his body suddenly glowed. Cale had yet to react when he felt another weight on his thigh.

There was the form of a child, about 7 years old. His hair was black with a mullet cut, framing an adorable sweet face with a pair of wide-slit blue eyes that looked at Cale with adoration and love.

"We all just missed you, Human." The voice was still the same but it was clearer and brighter.

Cale smiled wider. Raising both hands to pinch the dragon's chubby cheeks in front of him.

"What is this? Didn't the strong and mighty Raon Miru grow up?" teased the redhead earning a small frown from Raon as well as Choi Han's stifled laughter.

"I-I did grow up!"

"So?" Now Cale's two hands cupped Raon's face, bringing their foreheads together with a gentle grin. The Dragon Lord's heart swelled with warmth at the sight of his human's gentle gaze.

"I'm still a little dragon to you, Human," Raon murmured, not bothering to lower his ego a little. Getting a playful rub on his nose as well as a tight hug from his beloved human.

"Of course," Cale murmured. Giving a kiss on the top of the dragon-man's head, hoping to give the same to On and Hong.

"You will always be children in my eyes."

Choi Han smiled tearfully at the child-father moment in front of him. Sincerely dreaming that everyone who had left could see this beautiful moment for real.

.
.
.

[Sung Jinwoo's POV]

"Hunter Sung Jinwoo." He glanced out of the corner of his eye with a disinterested look.

Thomas Andre, along with a woman he did not recognize sat before him. Guild Leader Ahjin snorted for a moment.

"... do you know what will happen to you in the future?" Thomas asked in a cold voice. His green eyes shone with oppressive power, which did not affect the Korean Hunter in front of him.

"You've already violated some of Hunter's terms in some of these cases," rumbled the American Hunter, feeling his head throb painfully. Even to the extent that he gave this subtle threat, there was no significant reaction!

"Didn't I say not to kill Hwang Dongsu?" now, Jinwoo's face was turned fully toward Thomas.

"So?"

"Not only did you cause dissension between your Guild and the Scavenger Guild! But-"

"Even if Hwang Dongsu tried to kidnap and harm Yoo Jinho under my jurisdiction?" cut in Jinwoo sharply. Starting to feel like a waste of his time.

"...we regret that on the one hand. However, it still won't be a national dispute this time, Hunter Sung," Thomas explained, losing his temper. It could be seen from how his hair was starting to float with power. He really wanted to fight with him right now, but was restrained by the atmosphere of the hotel cafeteria and its furniture.

"Well, let's put it this way, Tommy Ashley-" his interlocutor's eyebrow twitched at the mispronunciation of the name.

"Let's think from my point of view." The dark-haired man began to lean forward, his open legs spread wide, with one hand supporting his cheek on his right knee and the other on his left knee. The head tilted to follow the armrest, making the black strands fall smoothly around his sharp jaw.

In an instant it looked very intimidating with just a mere glance.

"I don't think I did anything wrong," Jinwoo began, his voice sounding bored.

"All of this, started with Hwang Dongsu, who is your man, targeting me." A grin slowly began to appear on his handsome face.

"Even if you feel perfectly justified now, does that apply equally to the law of authority, hm?" Thomas' hands were tightly clenched and trembling. For some reason, Jinwoo's presence and strength had increased greatly since their encounter a few hours ago.

The hand that had been resting was removed, now falling over the right leg and intertwining with the left. The grin disappeared as silvery gray eyes stared intently at him.

"I came here at the request of the Americans themselves."

"I, as a guest, was then attacked by your Guild members."

"What should America do, hm?"

Inhuman eyes then glanced at the hotel window, which revealed the night view of New York.

"Also, I saved your city from the enemy," Jinwoo quipped with an unconcerned shrug.

"And-" The man then started to stand up from his seat. Making Thomas and the woman beside him flinch and take a step back.

"-my lover has a dragon in his hands." Both hands were stuffed into the pockets of the pants, draping Ahjin's Guild robes behind his back in a graceful motion.

"Of course you don't want to face the wrath of the Dragon Lord, do you?"

[In a distant place]

"You can see it, can't you?" muttered a voice in the darkness, glancing blankly at the tablet screen.

"Both of them are back," said another.

"The Dragon Lord and the Black Knight," grumbled the last voice.

Silence engulfed them for a moment.

"Antares has gone mad, hasn't he? He just faces the Shadow Monarch, then the Dragon Lord and his Knight!"

"But doesn't that mean he's giving us good info?"

"Huh? Like what? Don't you remember the last time we faced them?"

"We're stronger now," said the first voice, with gaze now focused on a certain red hair in the video in front of it.

"And it only takes a little sweetening to amplify our power."

The two companions gave identical grins to each other.

"The Last Fragment of the Creator."

"The Absolute One."

"Altalune. Cale Henituse."

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER :

♡ Editor notes (Nikki) :

For the English equivalent meaning of that phrase from Korean, when Beru notes the severed connection
*¹ - Shibal Sekkiya: (F***ing a**holes or motherf***ers)!

.
.
.

Honestly? I'm melting imagining the scene between Ashborn and Cale, oh my god it's so romantic, my heart can't handle so much adoration and love from Ashborn's eyes-ugh (;'༎ຶД༎ຶ')

PS. Small spoilers for the next chapter :
1. Sung Jinwoo drank a LOT of vinegar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2. KISS (✿◡‿◡)✌✨
3. Beru became the director for his Liege's romance drama lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 1K 11
Two worlds called him at the same time. Cale lamented about his lack of rest but chose one of them anyway. The world to offer him more benefits woul...
4.3K 219 21
My past doesn't define my future but what if it came back to haunt me? Can Jeongyeon and me braved through it together? Jeongyeon x gender neutral re...
19.1K 557 22
Fernan Caesar, the ruler of the North who came back from the war. The man, who was perfect in everything, was the only good memory of Ashmit's unhap...
2.3K 77 13
𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐒 (𝐑𝐞𝐰ðŦðĒ𝐭ðĒ𝐧𝐠) ══════◄â€Ēâ€Ē❀â€Ēâ€Ē▹══════ æ‚Šå―đå§ŦãŪį”ŸæķŊ / ė•…ëž„í•œ ęģĩėĢžė˜ ėƒí™œ What would you do,if the only person you care about suddenly passe...