Vampire Knight: The Kiryu's P...

By BloodDollRaven

Book 1: The Kiryu's Adopted Pureblood, Book 2: The Kiryu's Pureblood Lover Book cover created by me, Blood Do... More

1- The Alliance of Humans and Vampires
2- Discussions
3- Meeting The Association President
4- Dances, Talks, and a little Rivalry
5- A Moment To Rest
6- Happy Birthday My Love
7- Waiting For You
8- The Mismatching Eyes
8.5- Beasts in Human Form
9- Today We Meet
10- Confrontation
11- Kiyomi the Vampire Slayer
12- The Hunters Trap
14- Broken Systems

13- We Are In This Together

26 1 0
By BloodDollRaven

Kaito opens his eyes and turns his head to the side to see Alondra still next to him. The ringing in his ears quiets down as he reaches a hand to her back. She flinches at the touch.

"You're awake. Are you still... you?" Kaito questions her.

"I'm... me..." She mutters out weakly. Kaito looks up at the dark ceiling. The scent of blood is strong, and he's not sure how much longer Alondra will be sane. That she won't attack and drink up his blood.

Kaito jumps a bit as he hears Alondra shuffle and struggle to bring herself up to her knees. He clenches his hands and waits for the inevitable. She turns around and has blood staining around her mouth.

"Don't judge me... it's not a lot of blood, but it's enough to help me stay sane. I won't hurt a human." Kaito frowns in confusion at how she got blood. He moves his leg, but Alondra holds up a rat. "This place needs some patching up, but I'm glad it wasn't, or I wouldn't have gotten this..." Alondra gags and covers her mouth.

"Gross..." Kaito can't help but laugh. He chocks it up to the fact that the blood loss made him a bit dizzy and loopy.

"It is... at least it wasn't diseased. What a lucky break. Now we gotta break out." Alondra crawls to the wall and brings herself up.

"And how? You're barely able to stand." Kaito can't bring himself to lift his head.

"Saving the life of a friend gives me strength. You're in trouble, I won't let you die." Alondra looks to the cell bars.

"Don't even think about it. The cell bars will hurt your hands." Alondra doesn't listen to Kaito and grabs the cell bars. It immediately starts to zap up and down her arms, which makes her pull them back. "I told you."

Kaito hears some tearing and watches her wrap what's left of her jacket around her hands and goes again. The zapping still happens as she starts to shake two bars off.

"Freaks of nature, trying to break a cell with your bare hands." Kaito watches her go at it until his vision blurs. His eyes start to close.

"Ah! Yes!" Kaito startles awake as he hears metal clang. He sees that she had already pried off two bars. He looks to her hands at her sides. The jacket was burnt through, and her hands were severely burnt.

"Okay, I got it! Let's go, I need you to keep from having the traps trigger until I can use my powers!" Alondra rushes over to Kaito and pulls him to a sitting position.

"I'll... I'll give you an idea of where the traps are. So-"

"I'm not leaving you behind! If Yagari-sensei doesn't know you're in here, then that means you'd be left behind to die!" Alondra winces as she keeps pulling him up to his feet. Kaito has barely any strength to do so.

"I'm dead weight at this point." Kaito just wants to lie down and sleep. He doesn't have the strength to fight.

Alondra puts Kaito's arm around her shoulders. "Just use me as support."

"You know, I was a part of this. I knew the President had planned to harm you and didn't say anything. This team was intentionally designed to be against you and everything you are." Kaito says coldly. Alondra removes Kaito's arm and sets him against the wall. He leans against it and slowly slides down as Alondra walks away.

"This is for the best..." He starts to close his eyes again and drift off. He then feels himself be moved around and wrapped around with rope. "Huh?"

"I found rope, I'm gonna tie you to me and make my way out. Just guide me." Kaito grunts as Alondra ties him onto her back, even tying his legs around her waist. She wobbles as she settles his weight on him. "Ready!"

"You're so stupid..." Kaito mutters as he looks over her shoulder.

"I trust my gut! I won't abandon you! I'm gonna get us out of here and then make sure you don't die on me!" Alondra scolds him.

"Move forward fast or spikes will get you!" Alondra lunges forward and uses that burst and runs, following Kaito's directions. She is absolutely terrified but is becoming hyper focused. She can't tell, but her eyes are starting to flicker into a silver blue color.

Alarms start to blare in the building. Hunters start to look out for them. Some know what's going on, and others have no idea.

"President! The princess is escaping with Kaito Takamiya! He looks like he's in bad shape! She might be planning to devour him!" A hunter says to the President as they get up from their desk.

"Go get her!" They order the hunter. The hunter nods and goes to update other hunters.

Alondra looks to the sky as she sees her familiars waiting outside of hunter territory. Her powers come back the further she gets. Her eyes finally turn completely silver blue. Weapons start to shoot or fly at them.

"Careful! You're gonna hit Takamiya-san!" Someone yells out. Alondra glares as she keeps running on ahead. The wind finally reacts and works as a shield to blow away attacks from the both of them. Kaito finally collapses on Alondra, not caring if they make it or not.

Toga Yagari runs past hunters and gets to his vehicle. No one pays him much mind as they are all in a frenzy from the great escape of the pureblood princess with one of their hunters.

He drives out of the parking area for cars and tries to locate the driver that was sent out to get Zero and the recovering hunters. He looks to the GPS tracker on the console and splits his focus between the road and the screen.

"There!" Yagari speeds up to meet up with them halfway. He doesn't feel it is safe right now for Zero to be at the Association. He can hope that Ichiru hasn't noticed anything has gone wrong with Alondra's mission.

Alondra stumbles as the familiars become part of her body again. She panics a bit because she recognizes the familiar that had been using to keep Rido Kuran in Senri.

"I'm getting so tired. Kaito is starting to feel hot. He could have an infection. I need to clean up his wounds." Alondra looks around for a safe space she can set Kaito down in. She finds a small clearing and unties Kaito, putting him down gently.

Alondra looks around and starts to build up a shelter. She's barely able to get things together. She collapses, feeling dizzy as her hunger starts to come back.

"No, get it together! I can't lose myself now. I have to save Kaito!" She fights through the exhaustion and gets back up to finish getting things to keep Kaito safe and warm. She feels around for a river to get water and anything to hold that water in. Through sheer willpower, she manages to get everything she needs. Through that willpower, she also manages to keep her hunger away. It helped make her feel better when her familiars returned, but that effect is wearing off.

"Okay, this is the hard part... check on his wounds. To fight off the potential hunger that I'm going to feel at the sight of blood. I can do this... I promised him I would not let him die." Alondra takes in a shaky breath and goes up to Kaito. The scent of blood still lingers on him. Alondra looks at her torn clothes and takes a long piece from it to wrap and tie around her mouth tightly. She wants to make sure she is not tempted at all to bite Kaito.

Alondra starts with his shoulder and unwraps the cloth she put on him carefully. Her mouth starts to drool as the scent of blood wafts up. Her eyes turn crimson, but she keeps her focus on retaining her humanity. She cleans up Kaito's wound. It makes him wince and try to move away. Alondra keeps him in place.

"Mmm!" She can only call out in sounds under her cloth. Kaito opens his eyes and looks to Alondra's crimson eyes. He uses his good arm to push her face away and protect himself. Alondra grabs his wrist and tries to get him to focus, but she refuses to move the cloth wrapped tightly around her mouth like a gag.

Kaito's hazel eyes focus, and he's clearly able to see what Alondra had done to keep herself from attacking him. He stops his struggle and relaxes. She releases his wrist and goes back to cleaning the wound and the cloth to the best of her ability.

"It's so cold. I've lost a lot of blood. You should just -" Alondra presses on his wound, and he tries to keep from yelling in pain. He can't stop the way he catches his breath and lets it seep through his clenched teeth. "You won't be able to fight your hunger forever, and there's no way we are getting help now. You should get back to those two idiot twins..."

Alondra sits back, and a moment of clarity clicks as she thinks about Ichiru and Zero. She looks at her left palm and gets up. Kaito watches her rise and run away from him. He puts a hand out to her distancing figure. Suddenly, he feels afraid.

"W-wait... don't... don't leave me." He calls out weakly. His hand drops to the ground, and he clenches his hand on the dirt. "Niisan..." Kaito closes his eyes as he thinks about his brother for the first time in a long while.

"Mmm, mmm!" Kaito wakes up as Alondra is back, kneeling before him. He sees water dripping down her arms. He watches her use her other hand on her palm, and then she moves quickly to put her left hand over his mouth. Kaito's eyes widen as he feels something warm and thicker than water running down his mouth. He tries to turn away, but Alondra holds him in place. She pulls off the cloth on her mouth with her free hand with all her strength that is left.

"Don't fight it! I'm not gonna turn you! I remembered... I remembered that Ichiru's illness was helped by Shizuka when he drank her blood. This is our only way to heal your wounds and hopefully fight any infections..." Kaito stares at her, still not opening his mouth. "I get it, pureblood's have poisonous blood that not many can handle... but either way, you may die if I just leave you and not do anything. Please! Just drink! I can't afford to lose more blood either and lose what's left of my self-control! Kaito, please!"

Kaito squeezes, his eyes shut, and swallows the blood coming off Alondra's hand. She lets out a breath and watches over Kaito. She cleans him up and waits to see any kind of reaction from him. She watches his wound completely stop bleeding. She lets out a breath and sits back, and then collapses on her back.

"Whoa, I'm starting to hallucinate." Alondra thinks to herself as she looks up to see Kira standing over her. She starts to feel pain from the hunger she is starting to feel. Her eyes snap open as she finds herself being held up by Kira.

"Just getting into trouble wherever you go. Now look at you, you're starving." Kira says as he moves her hair back. She reaches her hand up towards his neck. Kira comes in closer and lets her bite into his neck to drink his blood. Just enough to heal her completely and get back some of her focus and sanity. "You fought hard to keep yourself from attacking this human. You did well."

"Kira-sama, I've performed first-aid to this human. We can move him and Alondra-sama to safety." Amelia puts away her kit as she finishes taking care of Kaito. He is unconscious again as Amelia picks him up. Kira nods and picks up Alondra, and he walks close to Amelia as the group is carried away by a flock of white owls.

~0~

Zero looks to the front of the car as the car he is in is blocked by another car. He manages to see Toga Yagari in the other car. He hops out and goes to meet with his teacher. The driver and two hunters follow suit to see what is happening.

"Sensei! Did something happen to Alondra and Kaito?!" Zero questions with desperation in his voice.

"I'm not entirely sure, but whatever happened, your princess ran off with Kaito looking half dead on her back. They tried to attack her, but she escaped with Kaito." Yagari informs Zero. Zero curses and clenches her hands.

"Damn it all! I should have trusted that bad feeling in my chest, but... she wouldn't have listened. Ichiru also wanted to stop her. I need to update him..." Zero grabs his phone, but Yagari grabs his wrist.

"Not like this. It should be better to do it face to face." Zero nods and puts his cellphone away.

"You two can head back to the hunters village. I have somewhere else to be." Zero looks back at the two hunters he went to pick up.

"Sir, isn't Ichiru Kiryu on our list of-"

"After the harm that the President is causing Alondra, do you think that my brother has committed any crimes as a vampire? He's paying for what he did as a human. He is innocent as a vampire." Zero interrupts the hunter. "Also, I will protect my brother. Take that what way you want. I'm leaving." Yagari and Zero go back to his car. Hakaku hops into the backseat just as they're about to pull off.

"Hakaku-san?" Zero questions surprised as he buckles up.

"I want to help. I also don't agree with what the President is doing. I'm pretty much all healed, so I also want to get back at the vampire who hurt us." Hakaku says as he sits back on the seat. Zero turns away from him to look at Yagari.

"Alright, where to?" Is all Yagari says as he drives, breaking the locator GPS on the car with a punch.

"To the Kasumioji castle. I just hope Ichiru is still there. That he hasn't run off to go find Alondra at the Association." Zero pulls out his phone to give Ichiru a heads up that he's going to the castle.

Ichiru looks at the phone and sees Zero's message. He is disappointed that there has been no response from Alondra. Or so he thought, right after a message comes up.

"No..." Ichiru looks at a picture of Alondra in a cell with Kaito. Both of them are unconscious and bleeding profusely.

Maxwell looks to Ichiru as they all sit together to place a familiar within Senri, but his body keeps rejecting it. Estella rubs his back as he throws it back up again.

"What's the matter? Is it my daughter?!" Maxwell demands to know.

"No, it's not. No word from her, but Zero is on his way. Maybe he's with her." He lies to keep things calm. He knows Alondra wouldn't appreciate that an all-out war breaks out between hunters and the Kasumioji. She is fighting hard to keep the peace after all.

"I see." Maxwell doesn't show on his face whether he believes her or not.

"I hope so." The group all look to Senri. He smirks a bit before he covers his eye and looks like he's struggling.

"He's waking up, but he can't completely take over. Alondra ordered him not to take over me. He can't do it well." Senri sits back and takes relaxing breaths. "Please don't let me see Alondra-san if she comes."

"It appears that only Alondra can make that man bend to her will. He imprinted on her as his master." Estella brings up as her voice fills with concern.

"Is that a thing?" Ichiru questions confused.

"It's something specific to purebloods. They imprint on a master Kasumioji. Especially those who consciously or unconsciously accept the current royal. For example, this... Rido Kuran does not acknowledge my husband or me as the king and queen. Most people look to Alondra as their future leader and have accepted her as the one to turn to. He is one of them." Estella explains. Ichiru frowns and glares.

"This creep wants something more with Alondra. This is what I was afraid of. It was fine with me if his sights were set on Yuki Kuran. Alondra wouldn't have to concern herself with Rido, but Kaname Kuran decided to use her as well." He clenches his hands as he thinks about all the purebloods that have used Alondra.

~0~

Alondra opens her eyes and looks around the familiar room. She turns to the window where Kira sits next to on a chair and reads a book.

"Kira?" He turns his pale pink eyes to Alondra and smiles gently at her. She returns the smile and then sits up abruptly. "Kaito! What happened to Kaito?!"

"Don't panic, Alondra-sama. Your friend is alright. He woke up a while ago and is in your old room resting." Amelia smiles as she comes in with some indoor shoes for Alondra. Alondra looks down and sees that a nightgown had been provided to her.

"I see... thank you. Thank you so much." Kira stands up and frowns in concern as Alondra starts to cry. She covers her face to hide her sobs.

Kira sits next to her on his bed and reaches out to touch her. Alondra leans into his weight and holds onto him.

"Those hunters will be sorry for what they did to you. There will-"

"No! No, Kira... no revenge. No fighting each other. This has to be handled properly. The President of the Association will receive their consequences for doing this." Alondra pleads with him. He wipes away her tears, reluctantly agreeing.

"Alright, we will do this your way." Kira says as she nods.

"Okay, I need to check in on Kaito. Thanks again for saving us, you two." Alondra smiles and climbs off Kira's bed. Amelia smiles and opens the bedroom door for Alondra. She waves and runs to the windowless room she once stayed in for days. She knocks on the door and opens it slightly.

"Kaito?" She hears him shuffle around in the bed, grunting as he sits up. She opens the door further and finds him sitting on the bed, almost as good as new. She lets out a relieved breath, entering the room and stepping in closer. "How are your injuries?"

"Almost gone on my shoulder. I still can't move my leg yet." He tells her. "It doesn't hurt with whatever medicine that red-headed maid gave me." Kaito tells her. Alondra nods, not even sure how to bring up the issue with the President and their betrayal.

"Kaito, did you help in this plan? Did you... do you still want to see me dead? Don't lie or hide anything. Whatever we say or do in this room stays in this room." Alondra asks of him as she sits at the foot of the bed, looking at him.

Kaito takes in the serious gaze, the sadness in her eyes. "When I knew you were coming, I tried to change my team to people who were not against the idea of a peace treaty. The President changed my team at the last minute with those who are very much against you." He tells her honestly. Alondra sighs relieved.

"I'm glad. I'm sorry there was even a fraction of a moment where I doubted you. I still want to be your friend." Alondra says with a sincere smile. Kaito looks up at the dark ceiling. The only thing keeping light in the room are the candles.

"Are you afraid?" Kaito asks Alondra. She opens her mouth. "Everything stays in this room."

"I am absolutely terrified. Everyone talks about all this power I have, but I'm afraid it'll change me for the worst if I rely on it. I will always be scared to become like my grandfather... Kaito, I've felt that thrill of my powers when I used it on Rido Kuran. I could make the vampire world into whatever I want. I could be their god... and that absolutely terrifies me. That I can take away the freewill of the vampires." Alondra lowers her head in shame as she holds her hands together on her lap.

"But you won't ever go down that path." Alondrs looks at Kaito curiously. "You have two dummies in love on your side who will keep you grounded. You also have hunters that will remind you of the humanity given to you by the Kiryu family." Her eyes widen as Kaito says this. He looks at her directly, his honesty will surely be missed once they exit the bedroom.

Silence fills the room for a moment before Kaito sighs. "Thank you for not leaving me behind, Alondra." He rubs the back of his head and breaks eye contact. Alondra smiles, her eyes welling up a bit.

"I don't abandon my friends. I will be there for all of you. I promised Okaasan I would protect humans after all. But... I also have to make sure vampires will also want to do the same... of their own choice. Those who don't will receive punishment agreed by members of the coalition." She blinks away her tears and straightens up.

"Sounds like a hassle, but agreed." Alondra smiles and nods at Kaito.

"Ah!" Kaito jumps as Alondra leaps off the bed. "I need to tell Zero and Ichiru that I'm fi-" Alondra jumps as Kaito hugs her from behind. She stands there, unsure of how to respond.

"You have to make it out of this better than I've given you credit for. I don't want to lose my family again." Alondra remembers how she was told about the death of his elder brother. It makes her happy that he considers her family.

"I will not fall into that dark place. I promise." Kaito releases Alondra. She looks back at him with a smile, and her hand goes to the door. "I'm glad we could talk freely. Rest up, I'm gonna need all the help I can get."

Kaito nods and lies back as Alondra opens the door. She steps out and leaves behind everything that happened in that room, just as she promised.

Alondra wanders around the hall and follows the presence of Kira. He seems to have moved from his bedroom to his study. His frown disappears once he sees her.

"Kira, I need to borrow a phone so I can let Zero and Ichiru know I'm alright. I can't have them try and find me at the Association. Please?" She steps into his study and closes the door behind her.

"I suppose I can do that. If it's for you." Kira relents, but it is definitely forced. Alondra smiles at him and takes the phone from him. She dials the number she memorized for Ichiru since she's sure he'd be at the castle.

Ichiru frowns as a number he doesn't recognize comes up. He answers it cautiously.

"Ichiru! It's me, Alondra!" Ichiru collapses back on his seat as he hears her voice. His entire body felt the instant relief of knowing she's okay.

"Alondra, you're finally in touch! What's going on?" Zero looks at Ichiru, surprised. Ichiru puts the phone on speaker.

"It's a long story, but I'm okay. So is Kaito. We're in a safe place. I'd rather talk about it in person." Zero rubs his face as he too is relieved to hear her voice.

"Where is this safe space?" Zero questions her. Alondra is startled to hear his voice. She didn't expect them to be together, but is relieved that they are.

"Um... Kira's manor..." Alondra says a little hesitantly. They don't say anything, but she knows they're not happy about that. Kira definitely smiles satisfied at that. He knows that they're steaming about Alondra being there.

"We're coming to pick you up." They both say.

"No, there's no need. I need to go back soon anyway. How's Senri? Is Rido following my orders to keep from possessing him?" Alondra questions concerned. Zero and Ichiru look to Senri. He covered his ears to keep Rido from hearing her voice and wanting to come up again to the surface of his consciousness.

"It's definitely not good. He can't possess me, but his consciousness overlaps with mine, and I see his dark thoughts. It's worse now hearing your voice. I don't want him to see you through me." Senri says as Ichiru holds his cellphone up to him.

Alondra furrows her brow in concern. "I'll fix this. I'll be there soon to silence his voice." She assures him even though he's trying not to hear her voice right now.

"Are you bringing Kaito too?" Zero asks as they bring the phone back.

"Of course! Right now, the Association is no good. They tried to get me to kill him, but I fought hard to protect him. I kept my promise to Okaasan." The twins smile at the sound of her voice. The pride that she managed to exceed expectations of a vampire. "But we may need to stay one more day apart while Kaito finishes recovering."

"Fine... but you do know that winter break is over. People are gonna start heading back to Cross Academy." Zero reminds her.

"Oh no... has it really been a week?! Oh man, well... then we have to make it obvious we won't be back at Cross Academy, so the Council nor Association targets the school. That means Yuki can't go back either. Ah, what am I gonna do?!" She panics, unsure of where to even start with this issue.

~0~
"Kaname-senpai, everyone is starting to pack up to go back to Cross Academy. Are we going back?" Yuki questions as she stands before Kaname. He sits by the fireplace reading a book.

"We can't go back, Yuki. Rido Kuran is still not destroyed. It's taking Alondra far longer than expected." Kaname tells her, and Yuki becomes concerned. "We will have to go elsewhere. We can't keep taking advantage of the Aido family."

"Now you're thinking about that? This doesn't feel good, Kaname-senpai. Leaving everything to Alondra-chan to protect me from a single pureblood. We have to go back." Yuki clenches her hands. Her gaze becomes sad.

"What will you do? Will you, as a human, be able to face a pureblood? I can not give Rido Kuran the killing blow. No matter how much I want to. I would not be able to protect you." Kaname reminds her. Yuki looks down, remembering the awesome power she saw from a distance with Alondra facing her grandfather.

"Then you should turn me back." Yuki faces Kaname. He closes the book a bit harshly.

"For what purpose? Even then, you would not be of use. Your powers would be unstable and out of control. You would not only hurt yourself but your allies as well." He explains to her. Yuki becomes frustrated by her own weakness. She doesn't even know what to say to that.

"So, I just do nothing... stay out of the way. I miss Cross Academy, the Headmaster, Yori-chan, and Alondra-chan! I don't want to live my life locked away like some fragile porcelain doll!" Yuki feels tears well up in her eyes. She flinches as Kaname gets up, walking towards her, and then holding her tightly against him.

"I'm sorry, Yuki... when it comes to you, I am an extremely selfish man. I won't lose you again." He whispers softly to Yuki. She looks sadly to the wall, knowing that he means losing the vampire version of her that knew who he was all along.

They remain silent, so much going over Yuki's thoughts. She wants to help, but she knows that Kaname is right. There's little she could do as a human or a pureblood who has no experience with her powers.

"Where are you taking me?" Yuki finally questions after a long period of silence. Kaname pulls back and looks at her.

"We can hide anywhere. Just leave it to me." He assures Yuki. The idea of running away and hiding makes her annoyed. She just can't seem to find a way to fight this.

"I want to go back. I won't keep running and hiding, Kaname... Kaname-sama. Please let me turn back and just try and help with whatever powers I have. Please..." Yuki pleads with Kaname. He stares into her determined gaze. He leans down closer to her face.

"Yuki..." She doesn't let her gaze falter from his. She knows what she wants. Kaname leans in further and down to her neck.

"Do it... give me back my past." Yuki winces as she feels Kaname bite into her neck. It brings flashbacks of the night she had nearly been attacked by a vampire on a snowy mountain years ago.

Kaname catches Yuki as her legs give out. "To make this less painful. It's your turn to drink my blood." Kaname bites into his wrist, filling his mouth with his blood, and then feeding it to Yuki as she comes to. She instinctively fights against him, but he holds fast until she swallows the blood.

"Yuki, it's done." Kaname looks at her. She stares at him with recognition and flashes of her past and present pass by as she reaches her hand out.

"Oniisama..." Kaname closes his eyes as she touches his cheek. Tears well up as she recognizes him. "Thank you." Her body gives out as her body starts to change.

"Now, you had better keep to your word and keep Rido Kuran away from my Yuki." Kaname picks her up. He makes his way out of the study and is met by the stunned Night Class that had smelled the blood.

"Kaname-sama... what have you..." Hanabusa stares stunned at Yuki. They call can feel her presence changing.

"I have given back Yuki's memories and true form. She is the youngest daughter of the Kuran clan... Yuki Kuran." The group either gasps or stares speechless.

"Then... the reason Kaname-sama brought Yuki C- umm Yuki-sama is because she..."

"She is my little sister." Kaname responds to Ruka. Her hand hovers over her mouth before she sets down her hand. "I'm sorry for springing this on you all so suddenly. I wished to protect Yuki, but if I kept her from being herself, she would leave me behind."

"Is she in danger?" Hanabusa questions now.

"Yes, and unfortunately, I can't kill the man that wishes to harm her. I have left Alondra-san to that duty. Well, it's more like she volunteered to do so." He explains to them. The group exchanges a look.

Rima frowns as she thinks about Senri. She wonders if being next to Alondra right now is dangerous. She hasn't gotten any calls from Senri, only texts. Even then, they are vague responses. She can still tell he is keeping something from her. Now, she knows Rido Kuran is one of those things.

"What does Rido Kuran want with your sister?" Rima asks him as she glares at him.

"To gain power. Just as any pureblood, of course. All to cause mayhem in the vampire world. The annihilation of the Kasumioji is an unspoken goal for many purebloods." Kaname explains to them.

The group looks at each other. Kaname takes advantage of their moment of processing his words to take Yuki to her room and lay her down on the bed. He takes a chair to sit at her bedside and wait for her to wake up.

"I can't believe that Takuma-sama left before this huge revelation." Hanabusa mentions surprised.

"His grandfather called for him. He had to obey." Ruka reminds him, but her gaze is at a distance. She doesn't know how to take the news of Yuki and Kaname. The whole group that remains is still figuring out themselves.

~0~

"Katsumi-san, I brought more blood bags." Maria makes her way into the room and pushes in the cooler. Yoru sits up and reaches for the blood bags. Maria helps him as his hands and legs still have no hard functioning muscles.

"You've healed pretty quickly. That was terrible of Kaname-sama. He just came to hurt you, I bet he didn't kill you because it would anger Alondra-sama." Maria says to him.

"I've betrayed her, so I don't think she would mind." Yoru says as he pauses before drinking more blood.

"Is that the kind of person she is?" Maria questions him. Yoru sighs and shows a small smile as he looks down.

"That is not the kind of person that she is. Even now, she would still forgive me, probably punch me." Maria looks at him and blushes a bit at his gentle expression.

"Then why don't you stop this? Do you even want to serve the Council?" Maria distracts herself by asking him something else. Yoru sits straight again and looks at Maria.

"This is... this is what I have to do now. I can't have her try and stop me." Yoru once again becomes vague about his intentions. Maria clenches her hands on her lap.

"You can't keep trying to hurt Ichiru-kun and Zero-kun! They want to protect her as much as you do! They love her after all! You don't have to keep doing this!" She yells out at him. Yoru let's out a breath.

"Just let me rest. I need to recover quickly." Yoru lies back down as Maria takes back the cooler filled with blood bags. Yoru glances at her. "What are you doing?"

"If I get in your way, they will be safe, and so will you. Katsumi-san, I'm sorry I will be taking this back." Maria rushes out of the room with the blood, leaving Yoru to call after her. He can't walk yet, so it is impossible for him to go after her. She also locks the door behind her.

"I'm sorry, I will give you blood still, but in a limited way that will keep your healing slow." Maria backs away, pausing as he uses her name for the first time, but then keeps going. She leaves Yoru to be angry on his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 1.7K 15
You live with your father in a small house in a village. You are having trouble taking care of your sixty-year-old father because he is very ill. T...
320K 9.3K 30
(Y/n) is a pure blood vampire who has had an unpleasant childhood. Her mother had never treated her like she loved her. She soon attends Cross Academ...
83K 2.9K 21
A Vampire Knight fanfiction, but don't worry, I don't think you need to have watched it to read this. You can just enjoy a good vampire book. A year...
381K 25.2K 19
[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 3| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ Orion has silently sat in the shadows, watching the...