The Fate of Merlin| HP

By emmmmmmk

Y/n Merlin is finally attending Hogwarts Great Gran-daughter of Merlin, heir of the Merlin name. Some say she... More

Author Notes
The Line of Merlin
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Six

11 0 0
By emmmmmmk

It had been two days since that Defense Against the Dark Arts class, and Y/n could not shake the awful feeling she had whenever Moody was around. There was something... off about him. Y/n hated that she couldn't figure out exactly what it was, but she had a feeling it involved the drink that filled Moody's flask.

For two days Y/n and Pansy ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner together. The girls couldn't have gotten along better, and it made Y/n feel much more comfortable. She hadn't got a chance to see Harry, Hermione, or Ron in the first couple of days unless it was during class or from across the Great Hall. She wished that she had more of a chance to be friends with them, but something told her that Ron strongly disliked that idea.

So today, like every other day, Pansy and Y/n sat with each other at dinner. Pansy turned the conversation towards the Triwizard Tournament that would begin tomorrow after the champions were chosen tonight. Y/n rolled her eyes,

"That tournament is nothing short of a death trap Pansy, I for one am glad that we are too young to enter. I would never risk my life for money, or glory, or whatever it is they promised." She finished with a scoff.

Pansy nodded her head, "I agree, but we are also people who do not need those things. We already have money and fame. Other people don't, and they see the tournament as one of the only ways to get there. So I don't think we would ever understand. Unless we were in their shoes."

Y/n took the statement in and realized Pansy was right. She would never understand the want to sacrifice herself for money or glory because she already had it. Y/n smiled at Pansy,

"Sometimes you really impress me P."

At the mention of a new nickname Pansy looked up and smiled, but before she could continue the conversation they were interrupted. Draco slammed himself down next to Y/n making her flinch. He saw her reaction and couldn't help but smirk,

"Lovely evening today ladies, and might I say you both look gorgeous."

Y/n and Pansy looked at each other, took in their plain old robes from the school day, and turned back to Draco,

"Well I must say, you look mighty average today Malfoy. Maybe try harder tomorrow, yah?" Pansy exclaimed.

Y/n snorted out a laugh, but quickly controlled herself. Draco didn't seem to mind the girls teasing, in fact, he seemed in a great mood tonight. Something that Y/n has only seen, well never. She looked at the blond boy with confusion,

"And why are you so cheerful tonight Malfoy?"

It was Draco's turn to look at Y/n with confusion,

"The champions are being chosen tonight, why wouldn't I be excited? This whole year we get to see them fight to the death over some stupid prizes. That is enough to keep me happy all year long." The boy explained.

Somehow, Y/n doubted that Draco could stay happy for even a few minutes, let alone a whole year. She could see Pansy forming a response to Draco's explanation, but before she could speak, a hush fell over the hall.

Dumbledore stood over the Goblet of Fire, waiting for everyone's attention. Y/n finally noticed just how packed the Great Hall was. Durmstrang and Beauxbatons were both present, creating an even larger crowd than normal.

Draco's excitement was palpable behind her as she turned to face Dumbledore, somehow not being able to bring herself to match his excitement. A game of death was not one she was interested in.

Dumbledore looked around the room and began his speech,

"The moment you have all been waiting for, the champion selection!"

And with this announcement the hall was filled with raucous applause and cheers, something Y/n could not bring herself to participate in, a bad feeling began settling in her stomach. Something was wrong.

Dumbledore approached the blue flames, and all of a sudden the flames turned red and spit a piece of paper out. Dumbledore caught the paper and read,

"The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!"

The applause were deafening, especially coming from the blond boy behind her. His love for Krum was clearly shared, and she knew that he would be rooting for him. Draco leaned forward and whispered in Y/n's ear,

"I bet he won't lose this time, Merlin."

Even over the volume of the crowd, Y/n could still hear the smirk in Draco's voice. The feeling of his mouth so close to her ear sent chills down her arms and a blush to her face. She was glad that she was turned away from him at that moment.

The flames turned red again and spit out another piece of paper. Dumbledore caught it and read,

"The champion from Beauxbaton's is... Fleur Delacour!"

More applause rang out through the Great Hall, showing the crowd's support for the girl. Fleur made her way up to the head table and through a door to the side, something Y/n had never noticed before.

For the last time, the flames turned red and a piece of paper was spit out. Dumbledore caught this one too, and began,

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!"

The cheering was somehow even louder than before. She found herself giving the boy light applause, though she had never met him before. Dumbledore spoke over the crowd,

"Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"

As Dumbledore motioned to the Goblet, the flames that had turned back to blue, sparked red again, matching the fearful red eyes staring at it. The feeling of unease that Y/n had in her gut since the start of the ceremony was amplified as she waited in anticipation to see what was happening.

Dumbledore watched a piece of paper fall to the floor. He quickly picked up the parchment, and his eyes went wide at what was written on it. He whispered,

"Harry Potter," His confusion turned to anger, "Harry Potter!"

Y/n's heart dropped. That isn't possible.

She watched as he slowly stood up and made his way towards Dumbledore. Confusion and fear were written all over his face. Y/n could do nothing but watch. She feared for the boy. She feared that he did not actually put his name in. Something inside of her sparked, a memory from the previous night before...

****************

Y/n was asleep. The dreams she often got were no different tonight, they were relentless. This time it was a little too real. She dreamt of a figure, wandering the halls of Hogwarts. Clad with a long, black cloak, which prevented her from seeing their features. They walked with a limp. Were they injured?

They seemed to be wandering, but their steps were purposeful. No, they were not wandering, they knew where they were going. And soon, their steps led them to the Great Hall. The doors were shut, as it was the middle of the night.

Y/n followed behind him, but it was as if she was floating. She loomed above the figure. Before she could catch a glimpse of their face, the cloaked person quietly opened the large doors and limped into the hall. The doors were closing quietly behind the person, but it was as if Y/n was being pulled by some force. She unwillingly followed the person into the hall and watched as they came to a stop in front of the Goblet of Fire.

She watched, unable to do anything else, as the stranger conjured two pieces of torn parchment from their pocket. They took an uneasy step past the drawn age line, and once nothing happened, they tossed the names into the Goblet.

Y/n wanted to see who this stranger was. Who had put two more names into the Goblet? Why two? She didn't think that was even possible.

As the cloaked figure turned around it was like Y/n was being sucked back through the doors. Just barely not able to make out a face, as she flew through the castle, past the Slytherin common area, up the stairs, into her room, and slammed back into her bed.

Her eyes flew open and she sat up. Was that real? It was the dead of night, who would be up putting names in the Goblet?

Unless that is exactly why they chose this time. They did not want anyone to see them put those names in. She had to go check, but the person was already leaving when her dream ended. She silently got out of bed and mumbled to herself,

"I have to try and see."

Y/n threw her robe on and left the dorms. She walked as quietly as possible, conjuring a small light with her fingers, as she taught herself at Ilvermorny. When she turned the corner toward the Great Hall, she saw someone walking the opposite way and immediately snuffed out her light.

The person turned abruptly. Walking back the way they came, right towards Y/n.

The sound of the person walking towards her struck fear into her heart. She rushed back into the shadows of the corner.

Listening to the sounds of the person's uneven footsteps draw nearer, Y/n wished she hadn't been so brave. The person could be dangerous, and she just marched right down to them.

The footsteps stopped just feet away from the corner she was hiding in. She covered her mouth to conceal her breathing and began hoping that somehow the person would just turn around. However, her hopes were shattered when she saw the light of someone's wand appear from around the corner.

The light of the wand faded slightly to reveal Drace Malfoy. Y/n's hand dropped from her mouth and she released the breath she had been holding for far too long,

"Draco what are you doing here? You scared me half to death!" Y/n whispered.

Draco gave Y/n a confused look,

"Y/n I'm a prefect, it's my job to be here at this time." He motioned to the badge on his shirt.

Y/n's eyes widened.

"Were you in the Great Hall a few minutes ago?" She asked.

Draco gave her another puzzled look,

"No, but I saw the door was open so I closed it. I heard movement coming from this way and I figured that whoever had opened the door was leaving, but I wanted to catch them before they could," Draco smirked, "Were you in the Great Hall a few minutes ago Y/n?"

She rolled her eyes.

"No, I wasn't I-"

But how could she explain that she saw some stranger entering the Great Hall in her dream, so she woke up and decided to investigate? Her heartbeat quickened again, looking up into Draco's eyes she saw the doubt in them. She continued,

"Yes. I was. I didn't know if Hogwarts kept food out overnight. Ilvermorny did, in case students got hungry. But I guess Hogwarts doesn't." She laughed nervously.

Draco laughed at her nervous state. He grabbed her hand and proceeded to light their way back to the dorms.

The feeling of his hand in hers was... magical. The sensation that crawled its way into her skin was eating Y/n alive. She did not need his help finding the way, or lighting her way, but he helped her without word. She looked at the boy next to her, really looked at him, and saw a glimpse of who he truly was.

"You are truly kind Draco. I do not need your help, plus you have duties to attend." Y/n stated.

Draco took in her appearance and laughed,

"You have no wand to light your way, it's a miracle you even made it to the Great Hall without hurting yourself."

Y/n gave Draco a smirk and removed her hand from his. A small frown graced his lips for only a second before it was replaced with a look of wonder. Y/n had a small orb of light in the palm of her hand. Draco marveled at the girl in front of him.

"Wandless magic? The rumors are true." He whispered.

She smirked, "I taught myself in America. My old wand never worked with me, so I had to improvise."

Draco looked into Y/n's eyes and found himself lost in the fiery abyss before him. He could barely get his words out,

"I never believed the rumors were true. That you were the most powerful witch of our age. But I'm starting to be persuaded." He finished with a quiet chuckle.

Y/n grabbed his hand again and wordlessly, they both lit the way back to the dorms.

************

Her dream from last night was no dream. Someone had put Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire, but she had no idea who.

As Harry grabbed the piece of paper from Dumbledore, the flames turned red again. Another piece of paper fluttered down toward the ground.

She had forgotten about the second piece. There was another name. Dumbledore winced as he picked up the paper and read the name.

And somehow she knew, she witnessed the person who sentenced her to death.

Dumbledore's voice cut through the silence like a knife,

"Y/n Merlin!"

EEEEEEEEEEEEH

~emk:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...
237K 7.5K 23
y/n l/n was on her way to Hogwarts after years of loneliness and unanswered questions. Never knowing her parents who died during the war, she has bee...
194K 4.5K 58
Severa Merlin was homeschooled her whole life By her grandfather the famous Merlin himself. But now he wants her to attend Hogwarts to possibly find...
25.1K 280 14
"Draco you cant keep doing this" y/n said in a light whisper. "your mine darling, ill do as i please" he said in a dominent tone as he pushed y/n up...