Wrecked - An After-Divorce Ro...

By Sugarcandy6

It wasn't romantic or easy. It was just something that happened." "God! Was it worth ruining everything?" "... More

X
pre - reading
Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
PSA
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Extra Chapter
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Prologue of Till Destiny Bind us Together
💖 Thank you note 💖
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Twenty Nine

727 95 10
By Sugarcandy6

        “SHE'S A DOCTOR! SHE HAS COMPLETED FIVE YEARS OF MED SCHOOL! SHE HAS WRITTEN 5 RESEARCH PAPERS! FIVE!” Dhruv yelled at Daniel in the parking lot. He didn't care if his voice booked around the whole parking lot.

       “Dhruv…? It worked, did it not?”

      “At what cost?! I didn't agree for this!”

      “She agreed. She did it by her own will!”

      “Fuck you honestly!”

      “Whatever Dhruv, I am your lawyer, My job is to win this and I'll damn well win this case and I don't care if you get offended!” Daniel walked away.

    His anger hadn't cooled down even after that explosive fight. He pulled the car door open and slammed it shut after him.

      “Did you have to yell at him like that? It wasn't his fault…”

       “Don't start!” He snapped at her as he drove through the traffic. She didn't say anything after that but he knew she was furious.

     “You can drop me at the hotel!”

     “Like hell I am! You're coming to the apartment and changing into something decent!”

       “The moment you stop this car I'm getting out, Dhruv.”

   He did stop at the personal parking lot at his apartment. She got out and he cursed following her, dragging her back by her elbow.

       “You're not leaving,Khushi.” He was serious. Her saree was shifted and he could see her midriff. His blood boiled.

     “Who the hell do you think you are?! You're not my dad or brother. You aren't my husband either!” She poked a finger at his chest.

   ***

      Khushi knew he had reached his limits when he grabbed her hand. She tried to shove him away, but he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her flush to his chest.

       “Who said I need labels to prove you're mine?” He whispered harshly against her lips.

     “Prove it then!”

       That was the last thing she registered until his mouth slammed into her. Their teeth knocked against each other as he kissed her. Kiss was a mild word, he was devouring her. She pulled him closer by the nape of his neck, she gave his lips a lick and he growled. His hands fumbled behind her waist, opening the car door.

   She swung them around, pushing him down on the car's back seat. He pushed back, settling on the back seat.

   Khushi crawled over him crowding his body as his hands moved along her sides. He sat up pulling her in for a kiss again. Reaching behind her, he shut the car door and flicked the lock shut.

   He flipped her on her back, so she lay below him. Resting on his knees he shrugged off his coat and unbuckled his belt.

       “Your honor! I stand before you on charges of seducing the uptight Mr. Dhruv Kapadia!” She teased imitating her squeaky voice she used in court.

       He grinned, holding her hands in his clasp, above her head, “Dr.Khushi.” He nipped at her lips, “I proclaim you guilty.”

       His other hand pushed her saree up. He fumbled with his pants. All the while kissing her lips, biting, licking. It was driving her mad. She whimpered in need.

         She screamed when he entered her, muffled by his shoulder. He moved slowly at first building a rhythm. Khushi moved her hips matching his rhythm and he groaned against her neck. His head was pushed in her neck and he bit her skin..the pain with pleasure was too much.

    He thrust in her harder and faster. Her eyes were snapped shut with only feeling him everywhere.His hands grabbed her waist, she shuddered. He came first rushing and loud, and she came clutching at him tightly.

    Khushi felt her body go into a slump. They were both panting. His hot breaths hit her neck as he rested his head on her collarbone.

       “Ouch.” She felt her leg cramping. “Dhruv…my leg... Cramp....” He moved away from her but hit his head on the overhead light.

   The car seemed too small now. How had they even done it in that tiny space? Sitting back he pulled her saree down and helped her sit up.

     They said nothing as they went up the lift. It was like they fell into a routine. He opened the door to his apartment and she entered, putting her hair in a bun, she removed her heels.

      She made a bee-line to his bathroom.

     ***

   After a bit, they sat at the dining table eating food which Dhruv had ordered while she was taking a shower. She had set the table and collected the food while he was in the shower. He was still in his bathrobe and his hair was wet.

      The only sounds at the table were of their cutlery and eating. The silence was too much for her. Too comfortable. Like they were an old married couple. They weren't that technically. How did they act like that then? She looked around and frowned.

     “Where's Riyan?”

       He looked up, still chewing. After swallowing he answered, “He's with Nats. She took him since it was a court hearing.” He fed himself more rice. “She's still mad at me for telling her to leave.”

   ***
     Dhruv didn't know how the heck they were having a civil conversation now. But they were. It had been years since he had been at peace. But at this moment, it was boring. That was the right word. It was boring. Beautifully boring. Like they had been a couple for years and years.

     “Do you think we'll win this? After my performance?”

   We? He didn't miss it and his chest clenched. This familiar intimacy was wreaking havoc in his heart.

    She was wearing his t-shirt and his shorts. He could see her shapely legs and he could feel the desire churn in again. Oh for God's sake? Was it normal for a middle aged man like himself? He shrugged away the thoughts.

        “I don't know. The judge didn't say anything about delivering judgment next week. He has given time for the police to find the nanny.”

       She reached for more and he took the aluminum container serving her leftover rice and curry. “Bas bas. That's too much..” She said, digging in her spoon and mixing the curry with the rice.

    “I was thinking…” She said, eating a spoonful and chewing.

He nodded, “Hmm?”

      “You could always ask Dee to find her. She's not the best PI for nothing.”

   He stopped eating and shook his index finger, “You're right. If anyone could find her, it would be her.”

     They said nothing for the rest of the meal. He had somehow served her twice and each time she proclaimed she was full. He worried that she was too thin.

     After eating, he picked up the plates and placed them inside the sink. She took the duster and swept the table clean. He washed the dishes and then put them on the drying rack.

     After it was done, he turned to see her standing there awkwardly. It was awkward. They looked around, there was nothing left to do.

    “I should go.” She pointed her thumb to the door.

     “No no..stay. Please…”

   “Okay…”

     A small sensation burst in his chest, he was happy. It had been so long since he had been happy.

    “I'll just change and come back.”

     ***

      When he came back she was seated on the floor with her back resting on the couch. She had Riyan's drawing book in her hand.

   She flipped through the pages. “He's a very gifted child.”

    He sat on the floor beside her, pulling his right knee up, resting his elbow on it.

     “He is. He knows all the tigers’ names and where they are predominantly found too.”

      “I hope you get Riyan's sole custody. He loves being here. I can see.”

      “Don't do that again…”

    She looked at him confused.

   “Don't put yourself down like you did in court today. You're not that person.”

     “Well, what kind of a person am I?”

       He held her chin by her thumb and forefinger. “You're strong, brave and intelligent. You're beautiful too. Your beauty doesn't undermine your other qualities…” He leaned down and kissed her quickly and casually, dropping his hand and leaning away.

      “I wanted to apologize and show you how sorry I am…”

    She placed her palm flat against his cheek and he shut his eyes. This time she kissed him, slow and lingering. He kissed her back.

    They had said so much and what was left unsaid, it was said in silence. Dhruv knew that it was a recipe for disaster yet he couldn't stop. Neither could she.

***

Vote and comment .

Follow me on insta @sweet_shakkar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 13.1K 40
BILLIONAIRE × DOCTOR (Marriage series- arranged marriage) English × hindi dialogues ~•••••••~ ~•••••••~ The minute I heard my first love, I sta...
115K 3.5K 58
Maximum reading time for the story : 5 hours 21 minutes "why don't you understand" " 'cause i don't want to.... And remember one thing Dhriti, it doe...
142K 8K 33
Its a sequel to "JUST YOUR WIFE" But can be read as standalone. "Is it necessary,!?" I asked him.. He smiled down at me.. "I want to give you the wo...
470K 23.1K 63
For her, he is the light of her life. She never thought of leaving him. But unknowingly they got into a fight. He went out leaving her alone in the h...