Shards: Moonwatcher Evil au W...

By Moonseabeam

Moon was and is to perfect. She was able to handle all the voices in her head without going insane, she is sh... More

Please Read
First Unofficial Day. 7/10
Start of Day 2. Going okay.
The middle of the day. Good.
Almost the end of the day. Weird.....
End of day. 10/10 I think?
Half of 3rd day! 7/10. Nothing bad- Okay, I take that back.
Middle of 4th day. 8/10! *gasps*
End of day 4. 8.7/10. Pretty good, not including Sora feeling insanely guilty.
Start of day 5. Scheming. No comment.
Sorry......

Beginning of fourth day... Hell. 0/10

85 4 15
By Moonseabeam

The rock landed on the side without a mark.

"Dawn it is!" Turtle said.

Sora smiled.

Moon smiled, knowing that Dawn was a good name, even if she liked Spring better.

They three looked over to the sleeping wolf, who was now named Dawn.

"Oh yeah, Moon, what were you talking about when Turtle wasn't there?" Sora asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I had just studying this legend that includes a wolf today, and so this is basically a big coincidence." (or is it?) Moon said.

"That is a pretty big coincidence." Turtle said, raising a eyebrow. "But just a coincidence." He paused. "I think, anyway."

"We should probably get some food for Dawn when she wakes up." Sora suggusted.

Moon and Turtle nodded.

"Good idea." Turtle said.

"I'm a pretty good hunter. I can go." Moon volunteered. 

"Okay." Sora and Turtle said.

Moon got up, and went out of the cave, spreading her wings.

She flapped her wings until she was hovering, and then she flew up into the clouds, looking for prey that she could hunt.

Moon closed her eyes while flying, and took some deep breaths. It was always so peaceful up in the sky. No one around, nothing to bother her, nothing to 

Moon soaked up the silence with no voices, and then scanned the ground, knowing that she needed to hunt.

Moon spotted a herd of hares. She quietly dove, and snatched a few before the rest of the herd noticed, and ran off at lighting speed.

The few that she caught were still squirming around, and one bit Moon.

She hissed, and let go of it instinctually. 

The one that bit her ran off at lighting speed with their herd.

Moon quickly killed the other before it could do something similar. 

She flew back to the cave, and landing onto the stone, a bit wet from the small lake.

"I got something that Dawn could eat." Moon said, showing them the hare that she caught, interrupting their conversation.

"Oh, good." Turtle said with a smile, while he was sitting on a ledge but then narrowed his eyes seeing the bite. "You got bit?"

Moon nodded before going to the excess lemons they got, and squeezed a bit onto the bite that was bleeding a bit. 

She hissed. It hurt. A lot. 

After the pain faded, she took a excess strip of cloth, and wrapped it onto her wrist where she got bit.

"Oh yeah...." Sora began. 

Turtle and Moon looked at her.

'Maybe I shouldn't- maybe it's a sensitive topic- maybe it's- SHUT UP!!!' Her mind argued. "Uh, Moon, why do you have a scar right there?" She said nervously, pointing to two circle-ish scars under her back-left leg.

Moon flinched. Both in a 'sensitive topic' and 'Wow, she noticed that?' Kind of way.

"Oh, shoot, I'm sorry, that might have been a sensitive topic, I'm sorry-" She said quickly.

"No, It's alright, I was just a bit surprised you noticed. Most people don't." Moon lied, with a shrug. "I got it when I was younger. A Rainwing dragonet was practicing their venom, and I accidently got hit." She said, only this time half lying.

Turtle just turned a page of his book while watching.

"Ohm okay." Sora said, her nervousness calming down. "Yeah, sorry."

"It's not your fault. Besides, it happened a long time ago...." Moon said, gazing at the stone wall with branches crawling up it, remembering about how she got the scars.

It was when she was only a year old...

~----------~

"Hi Moon!!" A rainwing on a hammock, high in the treetops said.

"Hi Coconut!" Moon waved, and kept walking on though the Rainforest, looking for some herbs that the Rainwing healers needed.

She kept walking until she saw some Rainwing dragonets her age, practicing their venom aim.

"Hey Moon!" One of them said.

Moon turned to the dragonets and then she felt a sharp pain on her leg.

She screamed in pain. It hurt so much. She once dislocated her wing, and the healers had to snap it back in place. That felt like a little prick compared to this.

Moon immediately started crying. She then collapsed onto the ground, and the edges of her vision started closing in on her.

"Geez... I didn't realized that our venom can do THAT!" One that she recognized as Vine said.

"Wow! I got tell the village!! Their going to be so shocked that I can do that!!" Another named Bamboo said, which Moon guessed was the shooter.

Moon felt her eyes droop, and she fell uncoinious.

"Mo....."

...

".....n!"

...

"..."

...

"Moon!"

Moon opened eyes. She was greeted by the Rainwing healers. She looked outside. It was raining.

"Hi..." She said, trying to get up, only to feel more pain. Moon hissed.

"Careful now!" One said. "You got hit by some Rainwing venom on accident. Your lucky that we know who Bamboo's sibling is."

"I never knew that a dragonet's venom could do that much damage." The other said. "He said it was an accident, but now he is bragging about how deadly his venom is."

Moon looked back and forth between the two healers.

"He feels guilty, and asked for me to give you this." One said, pulling out a pouch, and handing it to Moon.

She took it and looked inside.

"Oh yeah, you won't be able to walk for a while, at least with tha-"

Moon drowned out her voice, and stared into the bag. She then suddenly bursted out of the Healer's hut, and into the forest.

"MOON!!" One said. "COME BACK!!"

She ignored them, and kept flying farther into the forest. Moon kept flying until she hit a branch she normally would sit at where no one would disturb her, and sat onto the spot.

Tears suddenly started to swell up into her eyes. She took out what was inside the pouch. It was a yellow carnation. If you didn't know what a yellow carnation means, well it means rejection towards someone.

Bamboo didn't except her into the village. That means that his friends would too.

Moon felt tears running down her face, and watched as they hit the ground. If he sent her a flower that means rejection, that means he doesn't think that she belongs here. It means that he spat venom at her on purpose. She squeeze the flower until it broke in half.

The top half of the flower fell to the ground, and swiftly landed into a puddle.

Moon felt the raindrops dripping down her face, not knowing if they were her tears, or the rain.

She closed her eyes, spread her wings, and looked up, letting the water droplets soak her cold scales. Moon stayed there for a few minutes before sighing, and diving off the edge, flying through the trees.

Moon flew through out the trees, using her tail every now and then to help her fly around the branches. She finally landed on the healer's porch. She raised her talon to knock, but the shied her hand away.

Moon turned and flew home.

The next day, she woke up, and the pain in her leg finally caught up with her from yesterday, and god, it hurt like hell.

Moon decided to go outside and watch some other kids play. She walked out of her little house, and toward the village square.

'Moon.' 

"Hey Moon!" Bamboo said, flying toward her. "Sorry for yesterday. It was an accident."

Moon raised an eyebrow. "Then why the yellow carnation?"

"You know why."

Moon narrowed her eyes, and then spreaded her wings to fly away, sense she just wanted to get away from him, and also standing up and walking hurt like hell.

She began to fly away, and took off into the sky. Before she flew away completely, she dropped some basil, along with some marigold onto Bamboo. 

A marigold can mean two things. 1, energy and good luck. Or, 2, it can mean pain and grief. Then basil means, 'I hate you'.

Bamboo spotted the Marigold and Basil. "THANKS FOR GOOD LUCK!!" He yelled, thinking. 'Pain and grief, huh? And also some basil?'  

Moon flew away from Bamboo, and went to the village. She flew to a open hammock to watch the kids.

"Did you hear?" One said, as she was trying to get in a position that didn't hurt. "Bamboo's venom was so powerful that it made someone scream, and cry in pain!!!"

One gasped. "Really?"

"Yea!!"

"That's so cool!!!!!!!"

Cool. That's what they thought about her screaming in pain. Cool.

"Apparently, it was Moon who got hit." 

"Moon?"

"Moon!" 

"Moon!!!"

Moon snapped out of her thoughts.

"You okay?" Turtle asked, waving his hand in front of her face. 

"Yea, sorry." She said, looking away.

There was an awkward silence after that.

Sora looked outside. "It's around 5. We should head back."

Moon and Turtle nodded.

"You can go ahead. I'm going to make a fence around the wolf for when she wakes up." Moon said, grabbing some excess wood.

"I'll help." Sora said, grabbing some wood as well.

"Same." Turtle said.

Moon relaxed. She had friends now. Friends who thought that she belong here. She smiled lightly.

For now. Darkstalker peeped in, only to smothered internally by Moon, saying something about how he shouldn't ruin the moment.

"Thanks." She said, smiling.

They finished the fence, and put it around the area with Dawn so she couldn't escape. 

After securing the fence to the walls, the trio went back to Jade Mountain, and got their dinner. After eating, they went over to the school plaza for the meeting of the day.

"Hi everyone, thanks for coming again." Shell said, nervously.

Moon took out her pencil and notebook, and began to write down who was there. There were a few more dragon that the last meeting.

"Let's start with complaints. Anything?" She asked.

A Sandwing raised a hand. 

"Yes?"

"Kinkajou made Sunny cry. Twice."  They said.

"DID NOT." Kinkajou defended.

"Then why were you being chased by not only Glory and Tsunami, but also Starflight, Clay, AND Nerium of all people?!?" They snapped.

Kinkajou shrunk back.

"Before we do a trial, is there any more compliments?"

No one raised their hands, not comfortable that they can trust them.

Shell nodded, and said, "Turtle?"

Turtle nodded, and handed her Kinkajou's scroll.

"WHAT. HOW DID YOU GET MY SCROLL?!?!" Kinkajou roared.

"She needs to turn it the scroll in today." Turtle said, ignoring her. "Her time with scrolls have shortened ever sense she made Sunny cry. Two times."

"I only made her cry once!!" Kinkajou defended.

"Before we vote." Pheasant began. "Kinkajou, what is your defense for making Sunny cry. Twice."

"Again, I only made her cry once." Kinkajou said. "Also, she snuck up on me!! What else was I supposed to say?!?"

"Besides 'MONSTER!!', you could have said, 'HUH?!?!' or, 'Oh, Sunny, you scared me there', OR-"

"We get it Coconut." Kinkajou hissed.

"How long should we keep her scroll for?" Shell asked everyone. "Making Sunny cry is very, very serious."

"Two days!!!" One yelled.

"A week!" 

"A MONTH!!!"

"Yea!! A month!!"

"How many people vote a month?" Shell asked.

Everyone except Kinkajou raised their talon.

"Wa? Qibli!! Help!!" Kinkajou cried.

Qibli shook his head. "Sorry. Sunny is like my little sister. Your lucky you did it. If you were someone else, you would be dead by now."

"NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Moon scribbled the information down.

"She can also clean up the plaza!" One called out, gesturing to the plaza, covered in leaves, and trash.

"Yea!!"

"Who votes for Kinkajou cleaning up the plaza 4:00-5:00 every day except Wednesday and weekends for two weeks?" Shell asked.

Everyone raised their talons again.

"Kinkajou will clean up the plaza Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, from 4:00-5:00 for two weeks being apart of her punishment of making Sunny cry. Two times."

Moon scribbled this down.

"Does anyone have any rules, or problems with the rules?" Shell asked politely.

No one raised their hands, some wanting to say something, but too uncomfortable to do so. 

"Well then, that's all. Go back before people get suspicious." Pheasant said.

Moon closed her notebook, and put it away. These meeting had to be short and state the main points, otherwise the staff will get suspicious like Pheasant said.

Moon said goodbye to Turtle and Sora for the day, and headed back to her cave to sleep.

~-----------~

*the next day*

Moon walked though the halls of Jade mountain, looking for cave A4. It wasn't on the map for some reason, and because her winglet had a class with Sora's winglet, they had to change schedules for the day.

She walked into the A wing, looking for A4. Moon finally spotted it, and  walked inside. First period for them, was math.

Moon was greeted by Starflight, and a few members of Sora's winglet. She waited for class to start.

"HELLLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Kinkajou yelled, entering the room, followed by the rest of the winglets.

"Kinkajou." Starflight said seriously.  "You haven't turned in your scroll yet."

Kinkajou stiffened at that.

Starflight sighed. "Now I'll have to ask Tsunami to so some dirty work."

Everyone gulped, and shifted away from Starflight.'

"Now. Let's begin." 

The rest of the class period was normal. Nothing bad happened. Well, of course, that's considering that Qibli and Kinkajou being chased by a teacher is not bad.

The bell rang, and everyone walked to their next class, history. Moon decided to walk on her own this time, and walked along a peaceful route. 

She suddenly got a horrible migraine. 

'Darkstalker? Is that you?' She asked.

No. Moon- Watch out- he said.

Images appeared into her mind, giving her a worse headache then before.

'Burning. Kinkajou. Sora. Turtle. Qibli. Fire. Explosion. '

She clutched her head, as she fell to the ground. The pain then stopped. 

Moon's eyes widened, and she started to run to the History classroom.

'I got to go warn them!!!' She thought.

No, Moon, you got to run! Turn around!! Darkstalker hissed, trying to get her to stop.

'No. My mind's made up.' She thought back. Moon then suddenly saw the History classroom, and someone else walking to it.

MOON, WATCH OUT!! Darkstalker suddenly screamed into her mind.

And as if a giant talon pushed her into the floor, she fell down, and the migraine came back, but bigger. MUCH bigger.

Moon felt cold scales brush against hers. 

'What the hell is this' The dragon thought. 'Nightwing syndrome, or something?'

"Don't go in there- Please!!" Moon begged. "Don't let anyone go in there, no one can be in there!!!"

Kinkajou and Qibli approached Moon. "Uh, you okay?" Kinkajou asked.

"Don't go into the History classroom, please don't, I beg you!!!" Moon pleaded.

"Uh, let's get you to Clay, Nerium, or Sunny, they'll know what to do." Kinkajou said, trying to get Moon up. "Don't worry, Tamarin will get all the notes we need." 

Moon froze. "Is she in there?"

"Yea, but-"

"She needs to get out of there, she-" Moon began to speak, but was knocked back from a giant explosion.

She couldn't hear anything. Just ringing. Moon slowly got up, feeling pain in her neck, and legs.

The bomb. The bomb!! Did it do any damage? Who did it? 

Moon looked around, but her vision made black surrounding the rim, and her eyes were polluted by the smoke.

'NONNONONONONOONNONO!!!!!!!!!!!!' A panicked voice with horror laced into it thought.  'Nonononono, why? Why weren't you in there?!? Why were they in there?! Are they dead? God, please don't be dead, please, please, don't be dead!!!'

Moon perked up listening. 

It was Sora.

Word count: 2,451

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.4K 84
Imagine reading your favorite book series when you're suddenly transported into it. That's what happend to Daniel Lorence when he is transported into...
138K 2K 38
//COMPLETED// //edited 2021// The Jade Mountain Academy certainly wasn't shaping up to be what Winter expected. He was always surrounded by dragons...
115K 596 37
Cleril, Glorybringer, Ripnami, Starspeaker, Moonbli, and Turtlejou all go to Pryhhia Collage. What type of mysteries are they going to uncover? What...
5.8K 104 20
Kinkajou, Winter, Moon and Qibli have left the school and its time its time for the next generation to take their place solving a vengeful plot... or...