The Light And The Darkness [C...

By Burntrapp

This book is primarily fun shenanigans with Catnap and Dogday [the main focus] as well as some others such as... More

Set Up
Having Fun
Swap
Rubs
Kickin's Secret
High School
Energy [NSFW]
Chocolate Bandit
Take A Rest
Nightmare
Small teaser
One way to sleep [NSFW]
The Heretic
Bath Time
Smiling Critters one-shot story?
Take A Run
Learn To Be A Brother
You're Lucky I Love You
Through The Screen
Survive Together

Chocolate

1.8K 27 99
By Burntrapp

Hey! I know I've been taking a while to make the third part to this, so as a small little sorry I thought to make this short, extra part!

I will make the third later, this is just an extra to give something at least, especially since we recently hit 1k readers somehow!

Which I want to thank you all for, by the way. Anyways let's begin!

Catnap was asleep in bed, and Dogday of course got up early as usual. He practically jumped out of the bed, walking towards the kitchen in search of something to eat.

Before looking through the fridge for something, he decided to see if there were any leftover snacks he could eat quickly. And to his surprise...

He found a few chocolate bars! His mouth began to drool as he stared at them, clearly more than ready to eat them.

He looked around the room quickly, making sure that no one was watching.

The others normally wouldn't allow him to eat chocolate for whatever reason, so if he ever wanted to have any he'd either have to convince them, sneak some, or ask for permission.

If he was lucky, they'd sometimes let him have some, but only a limited amount. About one or two bars at most.

But waking up early really paid off this time! Catnap was asleep, so he couldn't stop him with his tail, and Bubba and the others were obviously in their own houses.

Dogday quickly grabbed the chocolate bars, opening each and every single one of them in a rush. Still, he made sure to be as quiet as possible, not wanting Catnap to wake up and interrupt him.

Soon enough, he peeled every piece of wrapping paper off from the chocolate bars, drooling even more as he stared down at them.

He briefly licked his lips, before he grabbed his first chocolate bear, devouring it as he chomped down on the bar, eating it in seconds, although making quite the mess.

Of course, that wasn't enough for him. He had more he could eat, after all! He then quickly grabbed another, and downed it in seconds.

Then another.

And another.

And another.

Yet another.

A couple more.

And finally, he ate the last chocolate bar. The ninth one.

Well, that wasn't so bad! It's not like he got sick or anything.

He never really understood why Catnap and the others never let him eat chocolate.

Oh well. There's no more left now. Nothing much to do other than well...anything else. Maybe he could play with Catnap soon.

If he wakes up.

Catnap slept peacefully in bed, his long tail swaying slightly, his body relaxed.

Until suddenly....

"Catnap! Catnap!"

"Ooh Catnap! Catnap! Catnaaaappp!!"

Dogday called, disrupting the cats sleep a little. The cat's eyes squinted a little, but he wasn't willing to wake up so easily.

At least...not until.

"CatnaaAAAPPPP!!!"

Dogday's voice grew louder...and closer. Catnap wondered why, until he suddenly felt the Dog's entire weight hit his belly, forcing the Cat's eyes open, as his belly was squished, paifully at that, as the dog landed on him.

The cat couldn't even find the words to speak, as he moved away slightly, holding on to his stomach in pain.

Thank goodness he didn't barf anything out from that. Dogday laid on the bed, staring up at Catnap eagerly.

His tail wagged while he kicked his feet a little, more than ready to play.

"CATNAP! CATNAP! CATNAP!! YOU'RE FINALLY UP! LETS PLAY!!"

Catnap stared at Dogday bewildered. What in the world has gotten into his partner?! Well...he IS energetic but not...to this extent!

He's normally a lot more cautious, too. Still, he didn't want to shame him for it or anything. He doubts that Dogday really intended to do that.

"Dogday..! Yeah uh, we can play! Mind just...staying here for a minute? I'll be back to play in no time! In the meantime there are uh..."

Catnap looked around the room, finding Dogday's box of toys. Perfect!

"A few balls and bones you can play with there, alright! Just be a good boy and wait here for me, 'kay hun?"

Catnap gently pat the Dog's head, he licked the cat's hand as a sign of affection. Catnap let out a small giggle, the lick tickling him a small bit.

"Heh, alright! I'll be waiting!"

Dogday responded, stretching a bit as Catnap left the room.

Now...to look around a bit. And ask the others, of course.

Catnap looked around the house, looking for a sign of anything that could have given Dogday an excessive energy boost.

He didn't find anything TOO suspicious, which was to Catnap's relief. He did hope his friend didn't get himself wrapped into anything...serious.

But what he did find was a few, brown crumbs in the kitchen. As well as some wrappers.

He kneeled down, observing what he found closely, before quickly coming to a conclusion.

He ate the chocolate bars Catnap bought a couple days ago! He forgot to hide them when Dogday came over!

Catnap face palmed at his past self. He should have remembered! Aw well, to be fair Dogday's arrival wasn't exactly planned, to be fair.

He should probably ask Bubba what to do. He'd know the solution.

Catnap slowly opened the front door, making the least amount of noise possible before looking back.

Dogday seemed occupied enough. He walked through and closed the door as quietly as he could. Afterwards, he quickly ran to find Bubba, running past the other critters as he did.

Hoppy and Kickin were playing Football [soccer], and waved over to Catnap as he ran.

"Hey Catnap! Why are you running?"

Hoppy asked, deciding to follow alongside him with Kickin, the other shrugging.

"Yeah? Dogday didn't like, turn into some weird werewolf-dog monster or something did he?"

Catnap shook his head.

"No, he ate some chocolate bars i bought earlier. Nine to be exact."

The two's eyes widened.

"Oh! Oh no! He's gonna be hyper all day!"

Kickin commented, recalling the last time this happened.

Dogday was acting strange, almost TOO interested in skateboarding with him. He ended up launching Kickin off a ramp so fast that he flew into the air and off his board.

Then, he landed right on his stomach and soon went unconcious.

And that was only with ONE chocolate bar. He couldn't imagine NINE.

"Do you happen to know where Bubba is?"

Kickin nodded, pointing over to a board.

Bubba was standing by it, seemingly teacher Crafty and Piggy something. The three ran over to the other three.

"You see, that's why I think Crafty's drawings could help us teach the other critters! It could help to provide some extra visualization, and make said lessons more engaging. And, as a plus, all of us are educated and have more of a fun time than ever."

Bubba let out a small sigh.

"That, and it's better than being forced to go to Ms. Delight for lessons. I mean, she's not a bad teacher. She's just way too strict!"

"Yeah! She doesn't even let me eat in class!" Picky added, crossing her arms.

Bubba looked over to see the other three running towards them.

"Huh? What's up?"

Bubba asked, as the three stopped. Picky and Crafty corn stared at them too, a bit confused themselves.

"Well, Dogday ate a bunch of chocolate bars! Like...nine to be exact! And he'd already starting to act crazy! He practically cannonballed my stomach just a minute or two earlier!"

Bubba's eyes widened. But he had an idea! Catnap still had his gas, right?

"Goodness! Well...maybe you can use your gas on him? If we can get him to stay still...hmm..."

Crafty shook their head.

"Oh gosh! The last time Dogday was hyper, he destroyed like 20 drawings of mine! I was able to save a few of them but some are gone forever."

Picky pat Crafty's back.

"Awww, it's okay Crafty! I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"Right. Well, maybe if he's-"

Catnap began, only to be interrupted by a certain, familiar voice.

"So who are we talking about?????"

Dogday asked from behind Catnap, a big smile on his face. Catnap turned, nearly jumped in terror as he let out a small scream, not expecting the dog to be RIGHT behind him.

"Oh! Uh, hey Dogday! It's nothing to worry about, really. Say...want some belly rubs?"

Dogday's eyes widened as he jumped on his back, rolling all over the floor crazily.

"RUBS? I LOVE BELLY RUBS! RUBS PLEASE! PLEASE? PLEASEEEE!!!"

Catnap let out a nervous chuckle, as he got on his knees.

"Alright alright, BUT only if you stand still, Dogday. I can't rub you like this."

Dogday complied, staying as still as he could while laying on his back, his belly exposed to Catnap.

"Alright alright!!"

Catnap smiled, as he slowly brought his hand to Dogday's stomach, beginning to slowly rub it as he opened his mouth, a red gas coming out of it.

Crafty, Bubba, Kickin, and the others covered their noses as they watched, holding their breath in.

Dogday smiled, his tail wagging as he slowly noticed the gas.

"Ooh! What's that Catnap?! Are you using mouth per...!...fume...?"

Dogday's voice slowed, quieting down as his eyes were now half open.

"Huh...wait...is that your...?"

Dogday's eyes slowly closed, as his tail slowed to a stop. He now laid their, asleep.

Catnap stopped releasing his gas as he picked Dogday up, giving him a small smooch on the forehead.

"Sorry Dogday, but it's for your own good hun."

Kickin raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, the two of you are?"

Catnap nodded, a warm smile on his face.

"Of course! You didn't know?"

Kickin looked towards Hoppy.

"Did you know about this?"

Hoppy nodded.

"Well yeah, it's pretty obvious if you ask me."

Kickin looked toward Picky.

"You too?"

Picky nodded.

"How did everyone know except for me?!"

Catnap let out a soft chuckle, before waving to the others.

"Haha, as much as I'd love to stay here and chat, I've got a dog to take care of. I'll see you all soon."

Catnap said as he brought Dogday back him.

Kickin frowned a little for some odd reason, one that the others, besides Hoppy weren't quite sure on.

Hoppy gave Kickin a small, reassuring smile as she tapped his shoulder.

Catnap laid Dogday's body on the bed, slowly tucking him in as he smiled.

"You're probably gonna feel sick later, aren't you?"

He asked him, not expecting an answer as he shook his head. Guess he better go make him some soup.

He placed a water bottle by the bed, before he left to get some from the kitchen. Before he did, he glanced back at his lover.

He looks so cute! Even when he's just sleeping.

After that small glance, he left to go make something proper for Dogday to eat in the kitchen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 1.6K 9
You find yourself walking back home from work when all of a sudden you see a box labeled "Smiling Critters". (After playing the recent chapter I fel...
7.3K 155 11
"Dogday says... fetch!" You were always fond of the canine of the Smiling Critters, and guess who was lucky enough to meet them in person? It was lik...
21.9K 404 18
CatNap is the most recent addition to the smiling critters and has a little trouble with his voice box, meaning he can't talk properly. When CatNap f...
40.5K 858 34
Catnap, one of the smilling critters, who has betrayed them all over prototype 1006, was now back to normal as he wasn't under prototypes Control any...