A Misfit? | (Pomefiore!OC x T...

By Hyanisai

Lucien Valentin, a self-proclaimed outcast, is now trying to expand his none-existing social circle. It's not... More

A MISFIT.
lucien-senpai
sweet sixteen?
picture frenzy
entrance ceremony
flask bcs water is oxidane
forgot it
1st day+forest=no
Uno
pop
magicam
mine
dirty potato
-CHANDELIER
-PAINTING RED
heartslabyul
his twin
potion
three
why
what if
borrow
first
me
where
all boys
[birthday special]
walking cats
minecraft
kingsley
smile
paw patrol
ocean
you what?
the usual
fiasco
gossips
#dUmmY; 4_u
valentin(e)s
tournament
winter break!
no malicious intentions
>incorrect quotes<
~+×>status: valid<×+~

i'm not french but I can kiss you

320 18 5
By Hyanisai

It was a coincidence, when Lite went back to the stands alone Licht went out of the stadium to get some food for Luce. Licht arrived at a scene he did not expect. Licht watched as Lucien gave someone a peck on the cheeks. Well, that is not the main problem here but the fact that the two lads did it in the middle of the busy street. Licht turned around in disbelief, walking back to wherever direction he came from. Licht has nothing against public displays of affection but paranoia still hunts him as a personal manager of a celebrity.

Every step that Licht took made him recall the earlier events. Wait so, what in the twisted wonderland is Vil Schoenheit's role in Lucien's life? They're friends? Just friends? The staring that Vil had done was kind of suspicious though, there's some hidden meaning and yearning beneath his eyes.

But who is Licht to talk about such things? He's not married and has yet to find his partner in life.

Lucien should be a bit more adventurous than him.

Maybe it's for the best?

Or not?

After losing their game against Ignihyde in the loser's bracket, Lucien went to sit in the stands with his family. Pomefiore has been eliminated from the tournament and can no longer compete but it seems like Lucien is still fighting for his life with all the screaming he's been doing. Lucien's family watched in amusement as the normally quiet and low-key brother became so... deafening. Every time the player named Malleus Draconia, that DRACONIA, scores a goal Lucien would cheer his lungs out.

"Are you threatened to do this or something?" Luminaire muttered.

Since the family was further away from the centre of the stadium, during Diansomia's match against Savanaclaw, Lucien did not notice the envious glare that Leona was sending towards Malleus. For some reason, Leona's impression of Malleus Draconia is negatively affected by today's events, especially when Leona's sensitive ears catch the cheering voice of Lucien Valentin.

But the cheer was not for him anyway. Leona's body was fueled with unknown emotions and his judgment was clouded making him appear like a reckless dumb idiot. All for getting that damned flying disk and scoring a goal.

Unfortunately for Savanaclaw, after being sent to the loser's bracket and winning against every team, they still lost to Diansomia for the second time, making them only the first placer.

Since the inter-dorm Magical Shift tournament ended with a blast, do you know what this means? Yes, it's time for the first-semester final examinations. Wait, what do you mean not yet? Oh, oh! It's time for the Halloween Feast!

---

The event for the Halloween feast this year is a masquerade ball. A great opportunity to express oneself anonymously.

Another advantage Lucien Valentin has is his signature spell. Thus, Lucien is pretty confident that he'll get away from the event without anyone noticing. Or so he hopes.

The event location is the Mirror Chamber, it's night time and the venue provides a chill air as you enter the vicinity of the event. The design is sophisticated with long strands of cloth representing the theatrical inspiration of a masquerade ball.

"Caution! Taking pictures is not allowed." Lucien muttered under his breath as he passed by the signage whilst on his way to the buffet.

"I did not bring any materials to take pictures tho, I'm just here to eat," Lucien just shrugged it off.

When Lucien entered the venue, he looked around and realized that he could not recognize anyone. One reason was everyone was wearing masks but his fellow students also put effort into changing their hair colours, scent, and vibes. You won't be able to recognize anyone by their posture, or maybe if two people are close enough they'll know.

Maybe.

Anyway, Lucien will take this leisurely time trying every delicacy in the buffet. Lucien did use his signature spell, and although it uses up his mana it's worth it for the food.

Since making new friends is part of the event agenda, there are multiple round tables suitable for five people designed with exquisite flowers at the centre. Fortunately there were tables occupied by quiet individuals and that's the kind of table Lucien decided to take a seat.

There's a faint musical instrument playing in the background, on the other hand, Lucien was busy drinking his iced tea since he had eaten up his fill. Lucien was also thinking about the first semester's final exam when someone in hunter-themed attire approached him.

"Mon- Ehem, May I have this dance with you?" It was a deep voice, a man with silky jet black hair and an upright posture politely did a bow in front of Lucien. Hell, Lucien has no idea who this person is, not to mention the suspicions he has.

The people that Lucien can name inside this school can be counted with his fingers (both the hand and foot) so it's really easy to narrow it down but Lucien did not know how many people knew him. Assuming that this person has a secret crush on him is silly since Lucien used his signature spell that he never mentioned to others.

Surely this is just for fun. Lucifer did advise that if someone asked to dance with Lucien he should accept, it's part of making memories that he'll reminisce as he gets older.

"M-my pleasure," Lucien tried to sound coquettish, acting like this was embarrassing.

Although this is an all-boys school there were some couples (maybe) dancing together on the dance floor. The current music turned into a waltz played by a saxophone. Some couples started laughing, trying to figure out who between them and their partners would dance the steps for women.

"I practised the steps for both parts, I'll dance as the woman," Lucien said with pride. As a noble family, it's part of their family tradition to learn both parts of dance, all ballroom dances included whether it's waltz, tango, or foxtrot.

Lucien had to show off, after all, he practised with sweat, tears, and blood.

On the crowd of couples (or friends) dancing waltz, there's an eye-catching duo gliding gracefully on the dance floor. Everyone stopped anything they were doing to watch. They had the same emotions they felt during the first time they watched ballroom dancing. It was a feeling of amusement and envy, wanting to dance as gracefully as the performer.

"Je ressens une certaine similitude entre toi et quelqu'un, mais je l'aime mieux. Je l'ai confirmé pendant que nous dansions[1]," Lucien's dance partner said without hesitation knowing that Lucien can't understand.

"Oui?" Lucien stuttered.

"Have a good night. Adieu," As the music ended, Lucien proceeded to drown himself in food, frustrated that he could not understand French.

"I swear I'm gonna ask Licht to teach me a dozen of languages," Lucien huffed as he devoured some hors d'oeuvres.

"Wait, hors d'oeuvres? Isn't that French too?" Lucien's irritation is fueled as he munched up more ✨hors d'oeuvres✨.

"I'm gonna eat a full-course meal again and no one's gonna stop me!" Lucien stood up from his seat, ready for another round of eating.

Of course, we all know it's Rook Hunt. It has been bothering him for some time as he can see some similarities between Lucien and some other person he's also interested in. Thus, this dance was part of his plan to weigh whether he was more interested in Lucien or the other one.

Of course, the answer is obvious. Lucien can't even compare.

And so, Rook Hunt promised to never bother Lucien again, he does not want to be confused between Lucien and the other person he's more interested in.

Once again Rook Hunt saw Lucien getting more food on the buffet as he was about to get some for himself. Rook hummed in satisfaction. Although Lucien is not the best, he has the beauty that only he can pull off.

sorry to those who speak and understand French, I don't even know-

[1] I feel a certain similarity between you and someone, but I like him better. I confirmed it while we were dancing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 193 9
You find yourself in a body that does not seem to belong to you, and yet you have little to no control over it either. You, the reader, have been obs...
346K 7.5K 128
All stories begin with "Once upon a time..." Charlotte Luchessi's a girl unlike any have seen. With a fast-thinking mind and many skills and talents...
3.7K 97 16
You were in your room, just relaxing until your mirror starts to glow. All of a sudden, you wake up to find yourself in a completely unfamiliar plac...
10.8K 251 5
Twisted Wonderland's cast realizes that (Yuu) is a girl. - WIP > Reviewing a couple of things in the text - Platonic relationships with a sprinkle o...