𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗳...

By lov4mil

Zuko X Reader Being friends with Zuko as a child never brought a problem for the girl- in fact it was what br... More

Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: A Duel
Chapter 3: The Commander
Chapter 4: Kyoshi Island
Chapter 5: The Storm
Chapter 6: Happy Couple
Chapter 7: The North
Chapter 8: Azula Lies
Chapter 9: Argumentative
Chapter 11: Refugee

Chapter 10: Almost Alone

234 14 35
By lov4mil

Living in poverty was exactly what it seemed. Sitting in poor villages while begging for coins, Zuko complaining about how we're royalty, the hunger, the heat, and the men! You were used to being on a boat where you were treated kindly and by honorable men, but as a homeless earth citizen you were constantly harassed by men. For example,

"It's brighter than it was yesterday." You stated, placing your hand against your brow bone to block the sun from your eyes. Iroh hummed in agreement.

"It is. Maybe we should camp by some fresh water for a swim? Water always cools away the stress of the day." He smiled, you smiling back.

You turned your head back to look at Zuko, giving the teen a small smile. He was a man of little words, so just his eyes looking towards you was enough to make you feel comforted. That was until your shoulder was harshly knocked into, making you fall back towards Zuko. The prince caught you quickly, holding you back up by your shoulders before glaring at the man who just smirked.

"Move your broad out the way and maybe I won't knock into her." He stated, Zuko pressing his hand on your stomach to push you behind him gently.

"She's not some 'broad'.. who do you think you're talking to?" He asked in a low tone, reaching down towards his hip where his duel blades lied. The man looked down to Zuko's hand, then back to his face.

"You wouldn't dare." He smirked, Zuko taking a step forward before you pressed your hand quickly against his shoulder to stop him from starting anything.

"Don't Zuko. It's not worth it. Not here." You pleaded quietly, then nodded towards two earth officers who were watching closely from an outside bar. Zuko slid his blades back into place, the man begging to walk off.

"All bark, no bite." He chuckled, Zuko quickly pulling at his blades before Iroh suddenly yelled out,

"That man fire bent!" Catching the attention of the police, the man that insulting you looking confused as he was suddenly tackled to the ground. You and Zuko froze for a moment before Iroh whispered,

"Run!" Making the three of you leave the area as quickly as you could.

By the time you got to a quiet alley Zuko was already looking at you like you were crazy. You raised yourself up from being hunched over after catching your breath, your brow raising to his face.

"What is it now?" You asked, Zuko crossing his arms.

"Weren't you angry? Why didn't you do something?" He asked, a smile raising to your lips as you placed your hand against his forearm.

"I have you to be angry for me." You answered, Zuko frowning

You had been getting along more with Zuko but that came with a price. Questioning him always made him angry, especially whenever it was about all this new food and money he was supposedly 'finding'. That's what you hoped he was doing, though it was obvious he was probably stealing from the village that they passed through at night. You hated that he was stealing but at the same time it was nice to be able to eat a pastry for the first time in a month— and the fact he brings back things just for you. You forgot how much you hated your shoes until Zuko suddenly brought you a pair that was much more comfortable and cute than your current ones. He listened to you when you complained. The fact he was listening made you happy- happy enough to ignore the food and coins that he collected.

Iroh couldn't ignore it though.

Zuko had just brought back new things for you, Iroh, and himself. The main item was a new teapot for his uncle which he thought the older man would be excited about. Zuko seemed at least pleased a little bit by the fact you were happily eating at the cream puffs he had surprised you with. He thought your love of sweets were.. Cute, though he would never tell you that.

You finished off your crème puff as Iroh slowly walked towards the cave you and Zuko sat in, his lips thinning as he looked over the golden teapot.

"Looks like you did some serious shopping." He stated, picking up the new item.

"But where did you get the money?" He asked, a frown raising to your lips.

"Do you like your new teapot?" Zuko asked, his amber eyes raising towards his uncle. Iroh sighed.

"To be honest with you, the best tea tastes delicious whether it comes in a porcelain pot or a tin cup." Iroh came closer to the two of you and squatted down, "I know we've had some difficult  lately. We've had to struggle just to get by. But it's nothing to be ashamed of. There is a simple honor in poverty." He smiled weakly towards Zuko, placing a hand on his nephews knee.

"There's no honor for me without the Avatar." Zuko said, your hand raising to rest comfortingly against his arm. The dark haired teen looked down to your hand, then back to the ground.

"Oh Zuko.." your smile saddened.

"Zuko.." Iroh sighed, "Even if you did capture the Avatar, I'm not so sure it would solve our problems. Not now."

"Then there is no hope at all.." Zuko tried to raise up but was suddenly pulled back down by Iroh.

"No, Zuko! You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.  In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." Iroh shared his wisdom, hoping Zuko took it to heart. As a reply, the teen pulled away from his uncle and walked towards the forest to be alone. You sighed sadly.

"I didn't know capturing the avatar was still hurting him.." you admitted, Iroh nodding.

"That is something he will not let go of until he chooses to be free from the burden of his expectations from himself.. Zuko has always held himself so high, so being put down to a level like this," Iroh looked around the cave, "has rocked his core."

"Maybe we should just drop it.. I don't like Zuko when he's all irritated. He makes bad decisions." You suggested, Iroh shaking his head.

"You know better than that (Y/n). Confronting Zuko would be the only way for him to face the music." Iroh stated, you exhaled to his words.

"I know.." you sad in a dispirited tone.

"(Y/n), I know how hard it is for you to see Zuko in this state, trust me I know.. I want to thank you for being there for my nephew. I'm not sure he would have been able to go through all of this trouble sanely if it were not for you and your constant support." Iroh smiled, placing a hand against your shoulder. You placed your own hand on the older man's and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Thank you.. And I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you, Iroh." You thanked him. Iroh nodded his head to you grinned.

"Of course."

That night Zuko didn't come back until the next morning, which you wanted to kill him for. You were about to until he began to speak.

"Uncle," he started, you pouting as you grabbed his arm. You wanted to get onto him after he finished his talking. "I thought a lot about what you said." Iroh turned to the two of you, wearing a calm face.

"You did? Good, good." Iroh nodded, Zuko's eyes looking towards you before back to his uncle.

"It's helped me realize something. We no longer have anything to gain by traveling together." Your face dropped, Iroh's smile leaving his face. "I need to find my own way."

"What?" You breathed out, your hand gripping harder on his arm. Zuko looked down to you, his brows furrowed.

"You're not going on your own, what are you thinking?" You scoffed, Zuko trying to get your hold off his arm but it didn't work. You looked to Iroh, seeing his head leaning down. He wasn't going to try to pursaude him to stay.

"I'm thinking about what I have to do." Zuko answered, your head shaking at his words.

"No- let me come. I won't get in your way or anything, just let me go with you just in case!" You pleaded softly, making sure to put your face directly in front of his vision. Zuko felt the pressure. You felt more pressure at the fact that what if someone found out Zuko was Zuko? What if he fire bends and he's against multiple earth benders? What if he dies of heat exhaustion or someone robs him? You didn't trust that Zuko could truely take care of himself.

"I can take care of myself." He took a step back, you following his actions by taking a  step forward.

"Please. Please Zuko.." you held his hands suddenly, pulling them closer to you before giving them a squeeze.

Zuko's face twitched uncomfortably as he looked over your face, your eyes making him nervous on the inside. In the beginning of his decision he knew that if you asked he wasn't sure what he would do. He could turn down his uncle, but you.. You slipped inside him and could talk him out of things that he wanted. He knew no matter what he wanted to leave the advice from his uncle. He wanted to not be judged and learn to do this his own, but at the same time.. He didn't know what to do.

"I.." he breathed out, you pulling his hands even closer to your torso. He gulped and thought about what he should do— well he tried, but all he could do was look into your (e/c) eyes and think about what this trip would be like if he went with you. He exhaled air from his nose slowly before he nodded.

"Get your stuff."

You felt relief rise in your stomach as you suddenly speed walked towards your things, grabbing your leather satchel that held some food, a weapon, and your original golden ruby ring. You threw it over your shoulder and quietly looked to Iroh, the man nodding at you once. He knew you could take care of Zuko through this. You hoped you could.

You raised back up and went back to Zuko, the man turning to walk away from his uncle.

"Wait!" Iroh called out, suddenly getting up from the ground and walked towards the ostrich horse. He brought it to Zuko, the teen taking the line and nodded his head towards the animal for you to get onto. You got up onto the animal, Zuko following and sat in front of you. You both looked back to Iroh before the prince whipped the lines and made the ostrich horse start walking forward. You continued to look at Iroh until he was out of view, your eyes growing wet before you wiped them and looked forward instead.

Dry, horrible heat. The sun was becoming unbearable and It didn't help that there was no water in sight. Your body felt like it was falling apart, which was not what either of you had expected for this trip. Sickness followed you as soon as you left the forest, the starvation and thirst testing your immune system. As a child you got sick often, to the point you were hospitalized at times, but you never expected that it would come back to you now. Against your will you had became a burden to your Prince, the exact thing you promised that you wouldn't turn into. You had deducted the main problem may be the extreme lack of water since your throat was the main problem. All the water that Zuko had collected in the forest before you two left was gone now, the boy making sure that you got every last drop. You tried to stop him and tell him he needed it more but he wouldn't let you. You felt horrible that in his time of exploration he had to take care of another person.

Things seemed to take a positive turn though since Zuko had found a small earth village. You leaned weakly against his back, your eyes closed to keep the sun out. On the adventure Zuko had found a hat so you always made sure to keep your head against his nape to block your face. It wasn't great shade but kept you cooler than if your face was directed towards the heat.

"I'm getting off. Sit up." He said in a quiet voice, you nodding with a soft cough as you leaned your body back. Zuko got off the ostrich horse and tied it up next to a wooden line before pulling out coins to pay for feed and food.

"Could I get some water, a bag of feed and something hot to eat?" Zuko asked the vendor, the man taking the coins from his hands.

"Not enough here for a hot meal. I can get you two bags of feed." The vendor then filled Zuko's water pouch, the boy handing it over for you to take a drink. You held it in your weak hands, taking a slow drink before giving it back to Zuko who tied it to his side. He exhaled from his nose and asked the vendor,

"Any medicine?" The vendor shrugged as an answer.

"None around here." Zuko nodded with a disappointed look before he heard the scuttle of men behind him, his eyes looking back to them. You looked past Zuko to the ground, your eyes widening at two boys who giggled. Suddenly an egg was thrown their way, hitting one in the back of his head.  

"Hey!" One yelled, looking behind towards Zuko.

"Zuko.." you whispered out, his eyes looking up to you as you nodding your head towards the men who came closer. He looked back forward.

"Hey! You throwing eggs at us, stranger?" The man asked in a low angry tone, arms crossed as he stared into the back of Zuko's head.

"No."

"You see who did throw it?" He asked, Zuko turning towards him.

"No." He answered once more, the man's eyes looking up to your sickly frame.

"Did your lady see who threw it?" He asked, Zuko catching his attention once more by saying,

"No." In a different tone. He was a bit more protective over you at this time, especially since you were sick.

"That your favorite word, no?" The earth kingdom soldier asked, Zuko's eyes slanting to him.

"Egg had to come from somewhere." Another added, Zuko turning back towards the vendor.

"Maybe a chicken flew over." A man laughed at Zuko's words before stopping when the leader looked back to him. When the owner returned with the feed and placed them on the table, the earth kingdom soldier took them before Zuko could take them. You frowned at this, but relieved the teen didn't do something rash over it. If he wanted to he could burn the whole place down just like he did on Kyoshi Island.

"Thanks for your contribution. The army appreciates your support," He throws the bags to one of his fellow soldiers, "You better leave town. Penalty for stayin's a lot steeper than you can afford, stranger. Trust me." He laughed to himself before walking away. You sighed despairingly, Zuko lifting his hand to press against your knee comfortingly for a moment.

"Those soldiers are supposed to protect us from the Fire Nation. But they're just a bunch of thugs." The vendor sighed, shaking his head. Zuko's lip's thinned as he grabbed the rope to his ostrich horse. He wish they knew who he was. He was Zuko, son of the Firelord and prince of the fire nation, first to the throne. He shook that thought from his head and got ready to remount the ostrich horse, his eyes looking over your tired face as he got ready.

"Thanks for not ratting me out!" A voice interrupted, Zuko ignoring the boy as he got on. He tapped your thigh, telling you nonverbally you could lay your head against him for shade again. You laid your head against his nape, smiling softly down to the boy who tried to get Zuko's attention. The raven haired teen let his steed ride forward, the boy taking the ropes suddenly and said,

"I'll take you to my house and feed your ostrich horse for you. Come on, I owe you!" He walked the ostrich horse forward, a small giggle coming to your lips. Zuko turned his head to you slightly, his ear twitching at the sound of your laugh. He missed that noise.

"Thank you." You spoke softly, the kid turning his head back to you with a smile. He was missing a tooth which made him have a lisp.

It didn't take long to get to the farm, all the animals being half pig. They squealed loudly, but not loud enough to make you forget the painful need for food in your stomach. Your ostrich had ate better than you and Zuko for the last two weeks.

"No one can ever sneak up on us." The boy joked.

"No kidding." The prince replied back, looking towards the farm.

Zuko then got off of the ostrich horse, handing the reigns to the boy. He raised his arms up to you and placed them on your waist, your hand sitting on his shoulders as he picked you up off the animal to help you to the ground. If you did it yourself you weren't sure if you would fall or not, but Zuko was convinced you would. You smiled to him and tapped his chest sweetly, Zuko turning his head to the man who came towards the two of you.

"You two a friend of Lee's?" The woman asked, Lee running from the barn,

"This guy just stood up to the soldiers! By the end, he practically had them running away!" He said in an excited tone, the man placing his hand on Lee's shoulder. A woman appeared as well,

"Does this guy have a name?- oh, and who's this?" She asked, dusting her hands off on her rag as she stood next to her husband.

"We're.. uh.." he looked to you nervously, your shoulders shrugging at his eyes.

"They don't have to say who they are if they doesn't want to, Sela. Anyone who can hold their own against those bully soldiers is welcome here. Those men should be ashamed to wear Earth Kingdom uniforms." The man frowned.

"The real soldiers are off fighting the War, like Lee's big brother Sensu." She paused for a moment, eyeing at your weak frame. It was obvious something was wrong with you. "Supper's going to be ready soon. Would you like to stay?" She asked, Zuko shaking his head.

"We can't. We should be moving on-" Zuko's voice was interrupted by a fit of your coughs, you moving your head behind Zuko so the family wouldn't have to hear your ragged breaths. The teen turned to you quickly, placing a hand on your back to comfort your sickness. You covered your mouth embarrassedly, looking back to the women who nodded.

"You sounded just like my mother when she was sick.. how about you help Gansu on the barn, and I help your wife?" The word 'wife' pulled you and Zuko out of the conversation for a moment. Why would she say that? You both then looked to your left hands and noticed that they both carried the rings you both had gotten to have an illegitimate marriage a couple months ago. It made you feel ticklish inside to know other people believed you and Zuko were together-together

"Why don't you two work for a while, and then we'll eat?" She suggested, Zuko looking over you once before he nodded.

Sela then came forward and replaced her hand where Zuko's was, the teen watching over you as you were lead inside the home.

"Here, lay down." She said, pulling out a mat and laying it down on the ground in a small room.

"This was Lee's brother's bed. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you.." she smiled, you smiling back.

"Thank you.." you whispered, the women nodding before getting up.

She soon came back with a cool rag and a cold bucket of water and laid the cloth on your forehead, it instantly cooling you off. She also brought some water for you to drink, you almost choking on it after drinking it quickly. She sighed as she looked over you and tapped on your ring.

"You look awful young to be married hon," she smiled, then laughed softly at your wide eyed reaction. "It's alright, my husband and I married young too.. you know, Yours seems to love you very much you know. The whole time you stood with him he was doting on you.." she said, your face growing warm to her words.

"I love him too." You admitted to her.. and to yourself. You had never said it out loud before, and especially not to another person. Saying it to a stranger felt easier than it could ever be to someone close to you. You were happy to know that someone else noticed Zuko's disposition towards you, it being caring and personal.. and loving. It made you giddy inside. Sansu smiled once again and then sat back.

"We have some medicine, it's not much but it's enough from when my mother was sick." She said, leaving the room once more to bring you some herbs.

She fed you to them and helped you drink water once more, re-ringing your rag and placed it back on your head before leaving to let you rest. You needed real sleep and you were thankful she would let you inside their house for the time being. You hadn't gotten used to sleeping on hot sand still. You closed your eyes and finally fell asleep, taking the long deserved rest and healing you had been needing.

You had only slept for a couple hours before sundown came. It was nice to rest though and drink water- and eat a warm meal. Zuko seemed pleased enough too.

You felt strong enough to walk to the barn yourself that night, Zuko behind you to make sure if you fall he would catch you.

"You know I'm alright Zuko, you don't have to be so close." You smiled, the prince turning his head from you.

"You looked half dead for a week." You pouted at his words, putting your hands on your hips as you walked into the barn. There was a stack of hay that seemed comfortable enough. You sat down and laid back, taking in and out a breath. Zuko looked around for a moment before setting down his things, then his eyes moved to you. He then laid down next to you, keeping a foot of space. There was silence for a moment before Zuko asked,

"Do you feel better than before?" You nodded to his words and turned on your side to face him.

"Yeah.. a lot better really.. Sela's really nice." You answered, Zuko nodding once.

"Good.. You were getting worse. I don't know what I would have done if-" you interrupted Zuko by reaching your hand over to hold on his. He turned his head to you and you gave his hand a soft squeeze, Zuko grasping it back. As you looked into his eyes you had a small boost of confidence.

"I would kiss you right now if I wasn't sick." You whispered, Zuko's eyes widening for a moment before he shook his head.

"You're only saying that because you're sick." You laughed softly at him trying to make an excuse for you.

"No.. I'm not." You concluded, Zuko's eyes looking over your face as he licked over his bottom lip.

"If your ailment was spreadable I would have had it by now." He suggested, moving a few inches closer to you. Your lips twitched up in a small smile.

"What do you mean by that Zuko?" You breathed out, the teen coming even closer.

"You know what I mean, (Y/n)."

Before you knew it he had moved directly next to you. He placed his hand gently against your hip and adjusted you to lay on your back while Zuko leaned over you from above. Your eyes fluttered between his eyes and lips, your breath stuttering as his face hovered only an inch away. You slowly leaned your head up, brushing your lips against Zuko's before slowly closing your eyes. The boy pressed his own down against yours and let your head rest against the ground, your arms raising to wrap around his shoulders to keep him close.

Zuko moved more on top of you, his leg resting between yours and his hands on either side of you. He kissed you deeply and hungrily, breathing out of his nose desperate from air. You did the same, letting your mouth fall open for Zuko to press his tongue inside, which he did, and swap spit. Your tongue slid against his, your lips growing wet from both of your eagerness to kiss. He pressed his body against yours, his hands gripping at your waist tightly while your hands ran through his short hair. He let out a soft noise, making your lips curl up slightly as you licked against his bottom lip.

"(Y/n).." he moaned against your lips, you moaning his name back,

"Zuko.." which made him kiss you even greedier, the teen being starved for your touched.

It felt like you kissed for an hour by the time Zuko pulled back, leaving a few more slow pecks against your mouth. He licked over his mouth once as he gazed over your hazy face, your breath slow but your heart still beating out of your chest. Your brain felt fuzzy, completely distracted with Zuko's handsome face. You moved up a hand to his face, sliding your thumb slowly against his scarred cheek. Zuko looked in thought for a moment before he slowly leaned his face into your palm, a calm smile on your face as you continued to rub your thumb against the apple of his cheek.

"Oh Zuko.." you hummed softly, the teen's eyebrows furrowing up as he pressed further into your hand.

He let out another 'hm' before he slid his cheek off your hand and instead rested it against your chest, his ear pressing directly against your sternum. You fluttered your eyes in surprise, the teen finding comfort in your chest as he snuggled his cheek against you. You couldn't be surprised at the fact that Zuko looked to you for comfort, he always did this.. But never fully cuddled against you and his body asked for your touch. You let out a pleased exhale as you felt Zuko's hands wrap around your torso, his fingers pressing warm against your sides. His hands were always hot, especially when he was feeling many emotions. You kept one hand playing with his short hair and the other rubbing against his upper back, your eyes closed comfortably as Zuko's warm body cradled your own. You had never fallen asleep so comfortably before.

A hand lightly pressed at your shoulder, shaking you gently awake. You peaked open your eye, it focusing on Zuko's amber ones.

"It's morning. I've set everything up on the ostrich horse.. Come on." He said, holding out his hand. You reached to it and stood up, dusting off your skirt as you walked out of the barn behind Zuko.

You sat onto the ostrich horse first, Zuko coming on after and sitting in front. The kind family came closer to send the two of you off, Sela making sure to place extra medical herbs in your bag incase you grew sick again. She also made sure to give Zuko and you extra food and water for the journey. You smiled toward her, happy for her help. You all turned your focus towards the small stampede of men riding on ostrich horses coming your way.

"What do you think they want?" Gansu asked, Zuko's eyes squinting towards them.

"Trouble."

The earth kingdom guard and his goonies came closer, smirking as they looked over the poor villagers. You gripped on the cloth of Zuko's shirt, keeping him close to your chest. He looked back to you for a moment before to the men on the animals.

"What do you want Gow?"

"Just thought someone ought to tell you that your son's battalion got captured." The leader spoke, turning his head to his group, "You boys hear what the Fire Nation did with their last group of Earth Kingdom prisoners?"

"Dressed 'em up in Fire Nation uniforms and put 'em on the front line unarmed, the way I heard it. Then they just watched." Another answered, Gansu taking a step forward,

"You watch your mouth!" He yelled, Gow riding a forward until Zuko suddenly stopped the ostrich horse in front of his. You held an even tighter hold onto his shirt. Gow made long eye contact with Zuko before he scoffed.

"Why bother rooting around in the mud with these pigs?" Gow spit on the ground before turning, leaving with his group in a cloud of dust.

This left the family in shambles, Gansu deciding he needed to go to the front lines to find his son, Lee upset because Zuko won't stay and has to move on, Zuko giving his knife, a gift from Iroh, to the boy, and leaving the family. You hoped things go well for them either way.

It didn't take but an hour for you and Zuko to be resting under the only plot of grass and tree around the village. You had convinced him to take a break and rest in the grass since the two of you had just slept in a barn. You sat against the tree while Zuko laid back against the grass with his hat over his face. You had watch apparently. This was all interrupted when Sela came towards you two, extreme concern in her voice,

"You have to help! It's Lee – the thugs from town came back as soon as Gansu left. When they ordered us to give them food, Lee pulled a knife on them! I don't even know where he got a knife! Then they took him away." Sela began to sob as you and Zuko raised from the grass, "They told me if he's old enough to fight, he's old enough to join the army. I know we barely know you, but..."

"I'll get your son back."

The ride back to the earth village was a nerv racking one. Though you felt better, you defiantly weren't in the position to fight. It wasn't like Zuko was going to let you anyhow, especially after you just healed the day before. The main part of the village was quiet, the earth kingdom soldiers eating greedily on the side of a building. Zuko tapped your thigh once before he dis mounted.

"Let the kid go." He ordered before turning back to you. He nodded his head one way, you taking the reins of the ostrich horse and lead it further back to give space. It was obvious this was going to turn into a fight.

Before you could even separate 20 feet, Zuko's swords were already pulled out and being used against one of the soldiers. They fought messily and full of eagerness to prove a point while Zuko was patient and hit them in their weak spots. It was easy to get past the first two, the other stragglers running away before they even got a chance to fight Zuko. That was until the banished prince had to fight Gow— and he didn't play fair. In the middle of the unfair earth bending fight, Gow's eyes looked towards you. He smirked and quickly shot a rock your way, this distracting Zuko as he looked to see if you defended yourself in time. Luckily you did, but unlucky for him Gow took advantage of this and hit him to the ground. You gasped as Zuko laid still, your hands gripping on the reigns tightly.

"Get up Zuko.." you whisper, your voice shuddering nervously as Gow stepped closer to your prince.

Then suddenly flames flew everywhere, Zuko screaming out in anger as he firebended ruthlessly against Gow. You wanted to yell at Zuko for using his fire, but luckily they weren't in a place where you would be arrested for firebending, you would just be shunned. The man shivered in fear,

"Wh-Who are you?" He asked, Zuko sliding his blades into its leather hold.

"My name is Zuko. Son of Ursa and Fire Lord Ozai. Prince of the Fire Nation, and heir to the throne." Zuko spoke proudly, the village shocked.. that was until an older man yelled out,

"Liar! I heard of you! You're not a prince, you're an outcast! His own father burned and disowned him!" You road up closer in this village, your eyes down turnt to avoid Sela's eyes as Lee stood behind her. Zuko picked up his blade and stepped towards Lee, Sela blocking him with her body.

"Not a step closer." She ordered, Zuko getting on one knee to hand Lee the knife.

"This is yours. You should have it." He said, Lee turning his head harshly.

"No! I hate you!" He yelled. Zuko stood back up slowly and placed the knife into his pocket.

He turned towards you and raised himself onto the Ostrich horse, taking hold of the reigns he turned the animal around. The walk out of the village was slow and painful, your eyes avoidant of any passerby while Zuko's stared straight forward. You left the town feeling sick In a different way. You didn't know people could hate the fire nation so much. It didn't matter that Zuko protected them, as long as he was born to the fire nation he will always be there enemy. You will always be their enemy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752K 19.2K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
125K 3.4K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
583K 18.7K 51
I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender who was born on board a fire navy ship holding Southern Water...
8.8K 199 10
This book dead!!!! CHILDHOOD FRIENDS - LOVERS Korra's best friend growing up in the water tribe was y/n. They would do everything with each other un...