Zulu

By nkosithandolwethu18

This story focuses on a young South African boy called Zulu, who had a strong belief in his culture and wante... More

Appreciation note
Characters
One| Migration
Three | Zulu
Four | The interrogation
Five | Three birds with one stone
Six | Scissors
Seven | You can't have them both
Eight | You should step up for her or else...
Nine | Psychic gift
Ten | Blissful
Eleven | You are pregnant
Twelve | The bench

Two | Treasure

22 6 0
By nkosithandolwethu18

Day one at school

Mary came with Mxolisi in the school. They waited in the office, waiting for the principal. "This school is soo big aunt I've never seen a big school like this aunt," Mxolisi complimenting the school. Mary smiled at him and the principal came.

"Miss Simelane good morning, I see our new star is ready today and if you don't mind I can take the boy to class," said the principal.

"I'll see you afterschool then have a good day," Mary wished for Mxolisi. "Thanks," Mxolisi appreciated. The principal and Mxolisi walked, they were chatting. Mxolisi wanted to go to the toilet when he arrived, he saw a boy pooping and the boy didn't close the door.

The boy yelled in Zulu, "what are you looking at!?" Mxolisi couldn't do what he came for and continued his walk with the principal. When they entered the class, every girl screamed for him and he was shocked. The principal was angry, "what are you all doing? Don't you have respect for me and yourself!?"

The learners went silence. "Well don't do that again, this is..." Mxolisi interrupted the principal, "Can I introduce myself sir?"

The principal responded, "then go ahead."

[Mxolisi cleared throat]" My name is Mxolisi Zulu, I'm from Kwa-Zulu Natal and I'm a real Zulu. What I'm trying to say is that when a girl screams for a boy that means that girl doesn't respect herself."

[Learners murmured]]

Mxolisi continued talking, "I didn't mean to insult them but girls are men's treasure and if that treasure just jump into us, without searching it and struggling for it, that means it doesn't see it worth." The principal was surprised by this young man's speech.

[learners clapped hands]

Mxolisi took a seat. "That was amazing, I'm surprised. There's a teacher outside please behave yourself," the principal complimenting Mxolisi. The principal left the class and the boy from the toilet is in the same class with Mxolisi. Mxolisi saw the boy and the teacher came in.

During first break

Mxolisi was a bit shy, so he decided to stay in the class where he was alone and a boy came. "Hey, why are you here sitting alone?" The boy asked.

Mxolisi replied, "I'm new so do you expect me to be free an..." the boy interrupted him, "if you continue sitting here then how will you know people around? I'm Zweli." Zweli sat next to Mxolisi and he was very energetic. "I'm..." Zweli interrupted him again, "I know who you are and that was a great speech man. Now that we know each other why don't we go to the market and go watch netball."

"Netball? Mxolisi asked. Zweli nod his head agreeing.

"Why netball?" Mxolisi asked. Zweli responded, "don't you want to check out beautiful girls?" Mxolisi nod his head disagreeing with him. Zweli stood up and said, "ok then let's go to the market then we'll see what to do next."

Mxolisi remembered that Mary didn't give him lunch money. "I don't have money," he responded.

[Zweli sighed]

"Let's go I'll buy you something."

Mxolisi and Zweli went to the market. Amanda, Aaliyah and Thando were three best friends, always together but they did not have the same mind set as friends. Amanda was a girl who wanted to be in love and she was always against Thando because Thando got the better attention than her. Aaliyah did not care about nothing, the only thing that mattered was her boyfriend Vusumuzi. They were in the netball court, practicing.

Amanda asked, "what do you all think about the new boy?" Aaliyah looked at Amanda with surprised eyes. Thando wasn't paying attention to what Amanda was asking. "What do you mean?" Aaliyah asked.

[Amanda sighed]"I'm just asking and I was still amazed about what he said in front of the principal that was great." Thando looked at Amanda and said, "I know you Amanda, you now thinking of him being your man." Amanda gave up training because Thando always ruins her day by going against her.

Aaliyah intervened, "Thando stop being hard on her, you know Amanda wants to be in love so let her feel happy for once."

[Thando sarcastically]"I'm not being jealous it's just that, why can't you stay without a man? We can live without them." Amanda was shocked because Thando only reprimands her and not Aaliyah. Aaliyah was the only one who had a boyfriend. Amanda felt like Thando doesn't want to her happy. Amanda left the netball court furious and Thando continued practicing. Aaliyah followed Amanda.

[Bell rang]

Everyone went to class, Mxolisi was sitting down and Nokwanda took a photo of him. He didn't notice, she edited it and posted it.

[Learners laughed]

Mxolisi wasn't relating because he didn't have a phone, so he couldn't see what Nokwanda did. Thando sat with Mxolisi and Amanda was more jealous of her. Mzwanele stood up, he was the famous boy and many girls loved him. He also liked showing off and embarrassing people.

Mzwanele yelled, "As you all see me, you know what time is it!

[Learners screamed]"Mzwa's time!"

Everyone praised Mzwanele. "Ok class as you all know that we're in February and I don't understand why would anyone come during February unless they're looking for love," Mzwanele made fun of Mxolisi. Everyone laughed but Thando wasn't, she was actually annoyed by Mzwanele's silly things. Her facial expression showed that she didn't like what Mzwanele was doing. Mxolisi ignored him and Mzwanele came close. The learners sensed something big was going to happen but Thando stood up and stopped Mzwanele into doing whatever he was going to do. Amanda nod her head unbelieving what she's seeing.

"What are you doing?" Mzwanele asked. "I'm doing what's right," Thando replied.

[Mzwanele clicked his tongue]"Guess this is your lucky day." When he said that, he was looking at Mxolisi. "Why don't you make our bird sing?" Thando suggested. Mzwanele left and Thando sat down. "Don't worry he won't do anything to you," she said. Mxolisi was so confused, he didn't know what was going on with this class.

Mzwanele called Senamile, "before I forget can our bird sing for us, Sensamile you know that's your part."

Senamile was the smartest girl in class she was a geek. All she wanted was to be recognized in school and also wanted to be in love. Mzwanele was bullying her, making her cry in front of the class and called it singing. Senamile stood up and went up front, she had stage fright. She couldn't help herself but cry.

[Learners laughed]

Mxolisi asked Thando, "hey what's going on?" Thando replied, "don't worry you'll get use to it." Mxolisi watched Senamile crying and felt sorry for her, he couldn't do anything because he was still new.

[Senamile sobbed]

During second break

Mxolisi was still shocked about what he saw in class, so he couldn't help himself but to follow Senamile and he saw other learners laughing at Senamile. His instinct told him to go talk to her but he wanted to let her release her pain and Mxolisi decided to just watch her. Thando came behind Mxolisi.

Thando softly, "hey". Mxolisi turned and he didn't want Thando to see that he was looking at Senamile. "Hey...um..", Thando interrupted Mxolisi. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you my name earlier, I'm Thando and I'd like to know you." Mxolisi wasn't used to girls approaching him and he also believes that a boy should be the one doing that.

[Mxolisi cleared throat]"I'm sorry but I'm the boy and I should be the one saying all that and asking your name."

Thando responded, "time changed, even girls can say it." Mxolisi saw that as an inappropriate because where he was living, no girl was doing that and it will be a disgrace for a girl to say that. Mxolisi stood there and watch Thando.

"So you're a Zulu?" Thando asked.

[Mxolisi chuckled]"A real one too."

"You said you're a boy, are you not suppose to say man?" Thando asked. "You know a man is a person who doesn't depend on someone, actually who's independent and I'm not independent. Guess that answers you well," Mxolisi replied.

Thando realized that what Mxolisi said is very true. She nod her head agreeing with Mxolisi's point. "You have a point there but it wasn't enough so how about we continue afterschool?" she said.

Mxolisi blushed when she said that. Thando left, Senamile was still crying and Siyamthanda came to comfort her. Siyamthanda was the nerd of the class, he had a crush on Senamile since 8th grade and he's scared of telling her about his feelings. Mxolisi watched Siyamthanda next to Senamile from a distance. "Senamile are you fine?" he asked.

[Senamile sobbed]"Leave me alone Siyamthanda."

"Come on Senamile you need someone to talk to, including me and I wish I could stop him because I don't like what he's doing to you," Siyamthanda insisted.

"Stop him? Senamile chuckled, "you're all praising, laughing and scared of what he do. So tell me how will you be able to stop him?" Senamile was speaking the truth Mzwanele has been like this for years now and no one was able to stand up against him.

After second break

Siyamthanda sat with Senamile because he was feeling pity for her. Mzwanele stood up and Mzwanele thought he was up to something again. Mzwanele was the first guy Mxolisi hated on his first day of school. Mzwanele talking to the learners, "As you all know that now it's February and it will be time for valentine's ball soon, I think on it'll be on Friday. I've spoken to our head boy in grade 12 and he said we're invited!"

[Learners banged tables]

Nokwanda stood up and all learners went silence. Nokwanda was Mzwanele's girlfriend all she wanted was to maintain her reputation no matter what. She stood next to Mzwanele and hold his hands, Mxolisi just figured it out that they're dating.

"Well class, we have one rule in this Valentine's ball which will be Friday. Don't come if you don't have a partner," she said. Siyamthanda raised up his hands to ask a question and Mzwanele pointed him. Siyamthanda asked, "what time will it be?"

[Learners laughed]

[Mzwanele laughed]"You know nerd I don't want to waste my time by answering you because we know, you won't be there."

[Learners laughed]

During after school

Mxolisi was thinking about talking to Thando and he saw Senamile walking outside the gate. He thought of going to talk to her but someone who was sent by Thando came and whispered to him. Mxolisi looked at Senamile and he went back to class to talk to Thando. Mxolisi was interested in to Thando, that why he left someone who needed help and went to Thando. When he arrived at the door, the door was opened in a thirty degree angle. When he opened the door, there was a bucket full of urine on top and it fell over him. Thando and Amanda was in the class waiting for Mxolisi to open the door. They were behind it and Mxolisi was wet.

[Amanda and Thando laughed]

"You stink Mxolisi phew. You know why I did that? It's about what you said in front of the principal about girls. I was paying revenge because you embarrassed us and you really thought I was liking you? Come on Zulu boy look at me and yourself, I'm totally out of your league. Welcome to my school," Thando embarrassing Mxolisi.

[Amanda and Thando laughed]

They left and Mxolisi felt less confident about himself. He didn't know what to do because he was smelling urine and wet at the same time. He walked outside the gate, saw his aunt and he didn't want her to see him like that so he walked to home. The school was empty, Mary was worried and she waited until it was dark. So much on Mxolisi's first day in school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 25.8K 45
Joe Smith. A basic name but there was nothing basic about him. With his chiselled features, green eyes that could pin you to the spot and a smile tha...
78.2K 7.7K 54
"Why are you getting upset?" he asked. "Because everything is different now. Call it my lack of emotional intelligence, but I can't stand you!" "Wha...
266K 9.9K 38
"He was flirting with you and you are laughing." "So what, I liked it." Now he became dead serious and it did scare me. He came to me and whispered h...
3.6K 176 36
What do you do when you clash both wheels and heart with someone you don't know? You stay away. And that's exactly what Gabby does. When Gabby and Ma...