A different kind of Story. (R...

By TrueDarkSword

A game addicted man with a large ambition that is fin ally realized...only he was never meant to enjoy it. A... More

Author's Prelude
Chapter 0 - the fell curse. (the 'hero' falls)
Chapter 1 - the agreement
Chapter 2 - The Reckoning
Chapter 3 - Harbinger of ill omen
Chapter 4 - reverse curse
Chapter 5 - I gotta get outta here!!
Chapter 6 - Memories
Chapter 7 - A new chapter
Chapter 8 - Well it looks like I'm more insane than even I realized
Chapter 9 - what have I done
Chapter 10 - A fated and doomed meeting and a choice is made
Chapter 11 - between front and back, or Vale isn't safe... for everyone else
Chapter 12 - A awkward bullhead ride
Chapter 13 - Arrival
Chapter 14 - A knight's rest, and a confrontation most foul
Chapter 15 - Knight's awakening and Cardin isn't as relevant as you'd think
Chapter 17 - D E V I L T R I G G E R
CHAPTER 18 - Qliphoth Fruit got!
Chapter 19 - Inner dillema
Chapter 20 - Returning to Remnant, and scaring you all to death

Chapter 16 - a day in class, and using new things!

15 1 5
By TrueDarkSword

'I hate to say it, but I hate Beacon. Passionately. Even with Gogma quiet, it sucks. Oobleck was nice to listen to...for all of 5 minutes, and Port was entertaining for slightly longer. I hope Glynda Goodwitch's class is better.'

Argent sits in the stands, waiting for a turn, as Cardin gets into the ring.

"Alright, any challengers?! ooo, we got a new faunus in here? i challenge you, white-horns!"

Argent sighs, and uses [obeservation] on his brother.

{[Cardin Winchester, the secret Faunus lover

level 33

Relationship:brother

hp: 1,000

ap: 1,500

sp: 500

reputations

Coco Adel: 10000/10000 she keeps the holy bun safe, so she's cool. oh and she's one of his BFFs

Velvel Scarletina: 10000/10000 one of his BFFs, who likes to Coco.

Jaune Arc: 10000/10000 he only wishes Jaune balls'd up sooner, and didn't have to embarrass himself in front of his bros

Pyrrha Nikos: 100/10000 JUST TELL JAUNE ALREADY COWARD!

Argent: 1000/10000 smol

'...what- know what, nevermind'

"Attempt to bend space and time, and move me through the gap to the arena"

Argent gasps a bit as his MP and DE drop to 0 and 100 respectively, before he composes himself, in the arena now. "the fuck- damn lil guy that was fast..."

Argent simply pulls out the Force Edge, keeping it in its sealed form for now. He points it in Cardin's direction. "Cardin. We meet at last. I wonder, how is mom doing?" "Excuse me?!" "What, don't recognize me, little brother?"

Cardin blanks for a moment, before tearing up a bit, whispering. "You look like Nan did...I guess mom wasn't adopted by her, eh? well, let's get this started! Let's go, filth!" Argent blinks at his sudden change, and notices it is just Cardin putting up a front as Glynda yells "BEGIN!" Argent dashes forward, too fast for Cardin to react to, and sucker punches him in the gut, hitting Cardin with 2200 lbs of sheer, raw force. Cardin gets launched to the other side of the arena, coughing while Argent frowns. "This is...too easy. C'mon, brother, fight back!" Cardin coughs, and falls over as his aura shatters. Glynda yells again: "Match over, in favor of Argent!" Argent walks over to Cardin, and whispers "Be healed" Cardin's Aura regenerates rapidly, as he hoists Cardin to his feet. "Take care, brother." Cardin nods seriously, as they part and leave for the stands. Argent sits next to Jaune, who scoots away a bit, whimpering a bit "Y-you-you one hit him..." Argent only frowns deeper.

"Jaune, you're being ridiculous. so what if he one-punched Cardin? that's a good thing, our new teammate is strong." to my surprise, it is Lie Ren who defends me from Jaune's fear. Argent checks his Meters, and sighs as they have already rapidly regenerated.

{Health points: 14,790/14,790

{Devil Energy: 300/5,344,400

{Magic Points: 1,600,000/1,600,000+++

{Aura Points: 379,200/379,200

{Stamina Points: 14,790/14790

"Thank you, Lie, for saying that." Lie Ren looks at me, an odd look on his face. "Nobody calls me by my first name, because of what it is...Argent, I'm fine being called Ren, but to be called Lie... I...just...don't do it anymore, okay?"

Argent's expression softens at Lie Ren's expression, and he nods. "Alright. I won't call you that, anymore." Lie Ren sighs in relief, and we focus back on the matches, as team CRDL goes against Pyrrha, and it goes better than Canon, due to Cardin having more aura than in canon thanks to Argent. But she still wins by a landslide. "and now, you are dismissed for lunch and the student personal hour."

CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT TIIIIIMMMEEEEESKKKKIIIIIIIP

Argent groans as he watches team RWBY play remnant: the game. he gets up and begins scouring the library for books on...anything, really. A old, leatherbound book, a tome even, catches his eye, and his eyes widen as he reads the title imprinted on the spine. it is in the Ancient Language. 'The creatures behind the myths: and The enduring dead that possesses combined dictations?!' Argent pulls the book off the shelf, sits in a nearby chair, and reads, nearly transfixed, and he finds the one page about shades.

{[User's understanding of self increased. increase attunement by 100.]}

{[User's understanding of condition increased. increase Knowledge of shades to max]}

''A shade is formed when powerful spirits overtake a sorcerer, the most powerful being demons. this can be done unwillingly when spirits too powerful to be enslaved are summoned, or willingly via ritual. when the merging process is complete, the sorcerer's mind is lost to the spirits, forevermore. only 3 fates awate a shade, aside from death. slavery, where they are puppets to the spirits. partnership, where the shade and spirits work together. and lastly, mastery, where the Shade regains individuality, or never loses it, and masters the spirits, who willingly work with their 'lord''...i already know this!'

Argent sighs, at least he had gotten benefits from this at all. he puts the book back, only to spot another leatherbound tome, reading the title. 'the legendary demonic armaments?' He pulls it off the shelf, and opens it as he sits, and reads. the book details all the devil arms from the entire devil may cry series, and Argent facepalms, as he pulls out his Gacha EX token. '[System, spin for devil arms specifically, please]' Argent feels  his luck plummet temporarily, as the system popups appear

[Since the user asked so nicely, very well!] [spinning wheel...]

[Beowulf gained! lucky 7's activated! Luce and Ombre gained! lucky 7's activated! Yamato gained! Lucky 7's forced not to activate due to limit!

'holy shit! Thank god they only how up in the inventory, phew!'

Argent puts the books back, and opens his inventory.

{[Inventory:

Head- none

Neck- Perfect Amulet - double mp/de, ap, and boost regeneration.

Chest- Beacon layered suit jacker - resist weather.

Arms- White Fang arm sleeves - resist scrapes.

forearms- none

hands- White Fang Swordsman gloves. -15% damage taken when set is worn. cannot lose grip of weapons. +50% skill to all swordsman actions

Fingers- none

Waist- white Fang belt. -15% damage taken when set is worn. can summon items from inventory.

Legs- Beacon suit leggings. - +15% move speed.

forelegs- White Fang socks. -15% damage taken when set is worn. enhance blocks. shins cannot bruise but can break.

Feet- Beacon shoes. - cannot lose traction on the ground.

Items-

Devil Sword Sparda - a grotesque greatsword, the shape of a crescent blade, with a biological spine to the blade. - atc: 10x atn, 10x int, 10x wis, 10x luc, + 10,000 true damage. unbreakable. soulbound to Argent Argent. Sealed form: Force edge A silver sword - atc: 250 true damage + atn x2 + lck X2 + ??? x??. unbreakable. soulbound to Argent Argent. (250 true + 60 + 324)

Yamato - a beautiful katana with a particle-thin edge - atc: dex + ant + int + wis + luc + 1000 true damage. Unbreakable. Soulbound to Argent Argent. can cut through Anything when DE is pushed through it. it can cut dimensions when DE surges through it, and can make portals. 

Beowulf - a pair of boots and gauntlets, with an animalistic design. the boots have clawed toes, and the gauntlets resemble a wolf's muzzle.- atc: 2x dex + 2x str + 2x atn + 2x luc + wis + int + 2000 damage.

Luce and Ombre - light and shadow. 2 semi-auto pistols, modeled after the Cold M1911, made of black devil steel, made to be dual-wielded, and generate their own ammo using DE, AP, MP, or HP, and can generate its own ammo over time. The names Luce and Ombre are engraved into the outwards facing side of each pistol. Luce is made to be used in the right hand, and Ombre is made to be wielded in the left hand, with the extractor and ejection port are reversed to expel spent shells away when used in the left hand.  - atc: 10x atn + 10x wis + 10x int + 10x luc + 1000 true dmg. unbreakable. Soulbound to Argent Argent. 

Mirror - reflective

glass Shank - 20,000 true damage. one time use.]}

'I cannot wait to try them out! hell yeah! now IM FELLING MOTIVATED!'

Argent giggles to himself, and puts the book back, before hearing Blake storm off, and he shrugs.

CUT CUT CUT TIMESKIP CUT CUT CUT

"Oh no! I forgot the boardgame!" Argent sighs as he hears Ruby yell through the walls, as he then pulls out the mirror, and places it against the wall, before shouting "OH GOD WHAT THA FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY FACE?! OH GOD!" Argent hears his new team laugh, before he scowls and begins to chant "Shift my facial bones, muscles, skin, cartilage, and flesh to be less feminine, and become more neutral and masculine." Argent smiles as his face now resembles that of Nero, if Nero had scales on his face.

"...good enough I suppose. now if only I was tall. why am I so short anyway?"

{[user's body was malnourished as a child, and stunted due to all nutrients as a child being used to combat dust sickness.]}

'I hate people. Malnourishing children and making them work in mines...fuckers.'

Argent scowls, and whirls around, and walks over to the bed in the corner of the room, where a small table is also set out for him. He sits on the bed, and exhales slowly, before getting up, and performing Rimgar: the dance of the snake and crane, for the daily quest. he then heads outside to do his exercises and his run. after he was done, he didn't gain any stat points but maintained his hyperflexibility. He walks to a secluded, dusty garden in Beacon's frankly ENORMOUS campus, and activates his Pull my devil trigger title, letting the Devil Energy wash over him, before it peaks and he feels a barrier to his power...he pushes at it but it doesn't budge at all. He scowls, and whirls around, summoning Force Edge in his hands, the silver sword forming instantly.

After that, he pushes Devil Energy through the sword, letting the grotesque transformation happen.

Argent swings through a few basic forms, and then shifts Sparda into its longer, 'spear' form

Argent spins it around himself, letting his body guide him, before he backflips, letting the biological apsects of sparda shift, letting the blade extend off the shaft, as sparda enters its 'scythe' form

After Argent finishes swinging the Devil sword, he returns it to his inventory, before summoning the Luce and Ombra

He fires into a tree, the devil steel bullets blasting the tree apart, as they vanish soon after stopping, in a burst of Devil Energy, as do the expended shells. He spins the guns, before putting them back in the inventory. He summons Beowulf next.

He punches and kicks the nearest tree, and the next one after that as tree after tree shatter and splinter with each punch and kick. "HELL YEAH!" He jump kicks, splintering the wood of the trees, before dispelling Beowulf and landing down, summoning Yamato.

Argent nods as he notices a popup appear

{[Dark slayer style added: cut through space and time, summon mirages of the sword and its predecessor, as well as employ the use of special space-time magic, runes, glyphs, and unique techniques to cut down your foes.]}

"Now I'm feeling motivated!!" Argent triggers slowed time, and cuts the last tree of the garden into dozens of pieces, before his DE finally rund dry, as he returns Yamato to his inventory.

"heh....Now I finally feel strong enough to not worry 24/7...actually it makes me worry more...urgh..."

END OF CHAPTER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 101 10
Jaune Arc was neglected and belittled by his whole family except his beloved sister Saphron all because he wanted to be a hero like she was but he di...
7.9K 149 10
Many people have different versions of themselves scattered throughout the multiverse. Unfortunately, due to certain events in the multiverse, realit...
59.2K 915 22
Y/N was once a human who dream was become a hero to everyone thus he enter Union at 15. However for the pass three years he was abuse, neglected, bul...
954 46 8
[This is still in the editing process even though this story is complete. I want to know if you can grasp the story line. I can work out the other er...