First Awakening

By NotMyself24

Elizabeth Rivers has had a rough past. Her father abusing her, her family abandoning her, living in the woods... More

1: The Art of Getting By
2: The In Between
3: Imprint?
4: Long Nights and Fireflies
5: Wild Fire
7: Hypnotic
8: Living Hell
9: Nearing Summer's End
10: Secrets
11: Counting Spells
12: Drifting (Part One)
13: Drifting (Part Two)
14: Not that Innocent
15: Awakening

6: Questionings

196 6 1
By NotMyself24

"Ms. Rivers. Ms. Rivers!"

"Sorry." I say. "I, uh, I, um, I don't know."

"When did the abuse start?"

"A year after the funeral."

"Abuse doesn't have to be physical."

"Then the night she died."

"What was the first physical abusement?" My heart stops and suddenly everything gets cold.

"T-t-th-th-the f-f-fr-fr-fre-freez-zer."

"Ms. Rivers do you need to take a break?"

"T-the f-fr-fre-free-freez-zer."

"Ms. Rivers?"

"T-t-t-t-th-th-th-th-the f-f-f-f-f-f-fr-fr-fr-fr-fre-fre-fre-freez-zer."

"Elizabeth!?!" My body goes limp as I fall to the floor.

"NO!" I screech. "NO! NO! LET ME OUT! NO!"

"I NEED A MEDIC!"

"LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! NO!"

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY MEDIC!?!"

"LET ME OUT!"
***************************************************************************************************************
I'm awakened by the sound of beeping. My eyes flutter open, then close tightly. A bright white light beaming down. I slowly flutter my eyes again before actually waking up.

"Hey." Gabe says sympathetically. "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?"

"During your questioning, you uh had a severe panic attack."

"Are we allowed to leave here yet?"

"You're hooked up to at least 10 machines, you tell me."

"Does Jacob know?"

"Yeah, he's uh, sleeping in the corner." I look over at my boyfriend sleeping in a hospital chair like a small child in their carseat. I snicker quietly.

"I don't know if I want to wake him up, or take pictures."

"How about both?" My brother hands me my phone. I turn it onto the camera and snap a couple pictures then Gabe wakes him up.

"What?" Jake growls.

"She's awake."

"El." His voice softens.

"Jake." I mock him. He slightly scowls.

"I see that your panic attack didn't damage the ability to use sarcasm."
***************************************************************************************************************
"Oh my God, Jacob! I can walk on my own!" I growl. His hands go up in surrender. I walk in the front door of the house and make my way to my perfect corner in the couch. I get over there and my face drops.

"They practically made you a hole to sit in." Billy's voice says from behind.

"My couch space." I whine puffing my bottom lip out.

"Check out the little hole, you might like it." I walk over and look down. There was a dog bed and a bunch of stuffed animals. If I didn't know better, they were calling me a pet. Or its a joke from how I sleep on the couch next to Jake.

"Awwee. Hey look, she found her new hideout." Jared coos. I turn on my heels and roll my eyes. "Go on, try it out."

"I will." I cross my arms. "After you buy me a new blanket. Fleece, not wool." Jared rolls his eyes.

"I'm on it." He smirks. I smile and plop down.

"Are you seriously making him buy you a blanket?" Billy asks rhetorically.

"No, I making him finish my new hideout." I correct with heavy sarcasm making the man chuckle.

"You're a good kid." He smiles.

"And you're a pretty badass dad, Billy."
***************************************************************************************************************
I'm in a room behind a big steel table. A chair on the other side. A big 2 way window. A light hanging down from above the table. The doors are locked. Boxes piled up in the corner. A notebook and pen to my left, a folder to my right. I close my eyes and lean my head back. I hear distant conversations, about my case. Why do they care so much? It was years ago. Gabe and I have been getting questioned all week. We're fine. Yeah, I still have panic attacks, but that's normal with PTSD. Nothing that they can do to help, I mean, that kind of stuff is permanent. They're never gonna find my dad before Gabe and I. We've been doing this for a while. We know how to find him, they don't. The door unlocks causing me to open my eyes and sit back up.

"Elizabeth?" The voice sounds familiar. I look over and my eyes widen.

"Hotch!?!" My voice lights up. I get up and we exchange a hug.

"You ready for a brief interrogation?"

"I guess."

"Don't worry, I'm very aware of your state. And what happened to you."

"I remember. Gabe and I begged you not to tell so we didn't get hurt for it. You held up an argument, but we explained and you kept it a secret."

"I should've arrested him the second that I figured it out." He sighs.

"It's fine Hotch."

"Okay, first question. The first time, how long were you in the freezer?"

"5 minutes."

"Did Gabe pull you out, or your father?"

"Father, the first time it wasn't bad."

"How long did it take before Gabe was saving you?"

"A week, maybe. More like 3 days."

"How long would you have been in there if Gabe hadn't gotten you?"

"The rest of the night." Hotch's face drops and his hand takes mine over the table.

"Who was put in the freezer first?"

"There were two. Gabe's was locked first though. I had the chance to run Hotch, but I didn't. I could've saved myself. I just layed there and did nothing. I could've ran." Tears start down my face.

"Elizabeth do you need a break?" I nod and he walks me out. I sit down in a chair in the main lobby. I curl up like I normally do and press my face into my knees. After a few minutes, I'm visited by a familiar face.

"D-Derek Morgan?" I stutter.

"Hey babygirl. You okay?" I nod. He sits beside me and pulls me over. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Who was in the box during my questioning?"

"Me, Reid, and JJ."

"Can you go find JJ?"

"Garcia's here too, want me to get her?" I smile and nod
***************************************************************************************************************
"Get your stuff ready." Jacob sighs.

"Is Gabe tagging along?" I ask.

"He said he'd pop in during the tests, but that's it." My face drops, then slowly creeps back up into a smile.

"I think I can manage." I smirk grabbing my bag.

"Let's go." Jake rolls his eyes. I threw my bags in the backseat and sat in the passenger side of the Chevy. Jake gets in and starts the truck. We pull off and sit in silence. A good silence though. Like you know what the others thinking, but you don't want to do anything about it. I look over at Jake's hand resting on the console. I lace my fingers through his and the silence breaks.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I know." I smile.

"You love me too. I can tell. You get nervous around me. I make you happy. When you think something's wrong with me, your heart stops. When your scared, you think about me being near you. Everything changes about you when I'm around." I look over at him amazed by what he says.

Talk about knowing what the other thinks. He was right about it all, he just left one thing out. He may not know, but he's my anchor. He's the one that keeps me from losing control on full moons. Jake is what pulls me back to earth. I felt it when he imprinted. He said its no longer gravity that holds you to the earth, its her. I believe him now. Jacob and I were chosen for each other. I bite my lip and roll my ankle a few times. His grip gets stronger on me.

"Don't look up El." He warns. I refuse. I look up and it suddenly feels like my heart just got ripped out of my chest. My eyes grow about 20 times in size. I feel my face suddenly get hot with pure anger. I push Jake away and jump out of the truck. Xenikia has my mom's music box in her hand and a smug look on her face.

"You bitch!" I yell. Her smirk gets bigger. Suddenly I get a strange feeling, the same feeling I get when I think about watching my Dad suffer. I can tell that my eyes are glowing. Xenikia throws the music box into a tree making it shatter into a million pieces. I turn my attention back to the girl. Something comes over me, my hand finds her throat an lifts her above my head. Her feet kick as her hands dig at mine. I feel a smirk form on my face. I clench my hand at her throat. Her eyes change color. I throw her at the tree that she threw the music box into. Which is a good 20 feet away. I jump back I to the truck. "Drive." Is all that makes its way out.
***************************************************************************************************************
"Are you okay?" Jake asks resting his hand on my shoulder. Instead of answering, I spin around and press my lips against his.

"I don't know." I reply honestly. His hands wrap around my waist. I wrap mine on his neck. Our lips meet as my heart speeds up. He pulls back a little.

"I make you nervous, don't I?" I peck his lips.

"You used to, now you make me happy." His hands slide down and he picks me up. He plants a quick kiss on my neck. I bite my lip refusing to smile.

"I know." Jacob smiles. I plant a chaste kiss before jumping down and walking off.
***************************************************************************************************************
A/N

Soooo... That happened. What do you guys think about the little outbursts throughout the chapter? How do you think Billy will react to the badass dad complement?

Casting

Lily Collins as Elizabeth Rivers

Twilight Cast as Themselves

Kaya Scodelario as Xenikia O'Hara

Daniel Sharman as Gabe Rivers

Ian Bohen as Deputy Rivers (Father)

Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner (Hotch)

Shemar Moore as Derek Morgan

Matthew Gray Gubler as Spencer Reid

A.J. Cook as Jennifer Jeroe (J.J.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 1.7K 47
What happened when Harper meet Jacob Black? Will she know the truth about vampires and werewolves? Will she run away? Let find out... in Story. ~ Com...
1.8K 115 39
✨complete✨ when Juliet moves back to her old town she never expected it to be really different and what makes it worse is even she met Edward Cullen.
450K 7.2K 19
Kendra had everything till Bella came along stealing her fathers love and now Jacobs. Her life just got more complicated with a threat to her family...
64.9K 1K 18
. She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, Fear her when she looks into a fire An...