Realm of the Hidden Heritage|...

By Undead_muffin95

When young Leah finds out she's a demi-god in a world of monsters and danger, she feels out of place. Then wh... More

A/N
Important
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 14

6 1 0
By Undead_muffin95

>>>Kalley<<<

The group kept walking for another few hours until the sun started to set.

"Looks like dad is done for the day," Kalley thought aloud.

"What?" Leah asked.

"Apollo is the god of the sun, so he controls its movement around the Earth," Kalley explained.

"That makes 0 sense," Leah told Kalley.

"Most of the stuff in the mythic world doesn't," Kalley admitted.

The group kept walking, until Kalley started to see some snake-like things, similarly to how Leah describes them. Kalley started to move her hand closer to her dragger.

"I think I see them," Kalley whispered to Leah.

"Oh that god, I'm not the only one seeing them," Leah whispered back.

"But what are they?" Kalley whispered.

"I don't know, you're the person who's been in this world the longest," Leah said.

"It would be better if I actually could see them," Kalley admitted.

As if on cue, two dracaena slithered out of the woods, one with a spear, the other with an electric net.

"Oh, what the fuck," Jeremiah said, pulling his katana out of his bag.

"Itssss not worth fighting demi-godssss, we ssshall dessstory you," The left one hissed.

"Yeah, yeah, that's what you all say," Kalley called out.

"We'll send you right back to Tartarus, where you belong," Jeremiah threatened.

"In your wildesssst dreamsssss," The left one responded.

With that, the left one lunged at Kalley with her spear but Kalley rolled right out of the way, barely. The right one jumped at Jeremiah with her net in hand. Jeremiah tried to cut it with his Katana but it just sent an electric shock up his arm.

"FUCK," Jeremiah shouted.

"You have met your match demi-god," The right one teased.

"Yeah right," Jeremiah said, kicking the dracaena away.

Jeremiah then slashed at the dracaena's arm, but he missed barely. Kalley was still dodging the spears swipes from the first dracaena, whilst also trying to stab it with her dragger. Kalley looked back at Leah who was standing there, not sure of what to do.

"Hey Leah, yeah know that thing you did with the griffins back on the train?" Kalley yelled out to Leah.

"Um yeah?" Leah responded.

"Right now would be a pretty useful time to do that again," Kalley told her.

"Oh, right," Leah said, reaching into her pocket.

Kalley then turned her attention back to the first dracaena, swiping at its arm. Then Kalley heard Leah's voice, all she was able to hear was expect- before hitting her head on a rock and passing out.

When Kalley awoke she was in a weird cave with spikes everywhere, she also saw her mom, and Leah's dad. They were in cages, over a dark pit. She also saw the monster Leah had been describing to her.

"Great, what do you want," Kalley asked.

"I want the girl," The monster said, with a very thick french accent.

"Leah?" Kalley said.

"Yes, the blonde one, she has great potential you see," The monster said.

"Liked we'd ever just give you Leah," Kalley told him.

"I want Leah by the 8th of 6, exchanged for your mother," He proposed.

"What?" Kalley questioned, "Why do you even need Leah"?

"For her power, of course," The monster answered, "She, truly, is the most powerful of you three".

"Even if that was true, Leah hates violence, she would never hurt someone just because," Kalley pointed out.

"Trust me, I can change that," He warned.

"Whatever," Kalley said.

Then the monster started to laugh, well a growl mixed with a laugh. Kalley felt her eyes get heavy and passed out again.

This time when she woke up, she was back in the clearing, "Where are the dracaena?" Kalley asked.

"Well, Leah here did some more child of Hecate magic and got them to go away," Jeremiah explained.

"Well that's good," Kalley said, "Can I have some ambrosia, my head is killing me"?

"Oh yeah, here," Jeremiah handed Kalley an Ambrosia square.

"Thank you, Jerry Berry," Kalley took the square and ate it all in one bite.

"Better?" Jeremiah asked.

"Better," Kalley confirmed.

"Maybe we should take a break," Jeremiah suggested, "That wound on your head looks pretty bad".

"I'll be fine, I'll just have some more nectar," Kalley said, standing up.

"Whatever you say," Jeremiah told her, walking a-head.

Kalley and Leah followed behind, looking around for more monsters. After a while of walking, they came across Oxford, Maine. The city looked big enough to have some good food, which Kalley really needed. She was getting tired of eating only Granola bars. It seemed like the others felt the same once they saw an open dinner not too far from them.

"I'm starving, mate," Leah said to Jeremiah, as they stared down the dinner.

"Then let's go get some food," Jeremiah suggested, "At that dinner".

"How much money do we have left?" Kalley asked.

They all checked their pockets and combined they had about $120, and 16 drachmas.

"$120 can buy us all food, right," Kalley checked.

"Hopefully," Jeremiah said, walking in.

A young hostess greeted them at the door with a smile, "Oh hello, what can I do for you"?

"Uh, Table for 3 please," Kalley said.

The hostess smiled, "Oh yes, right this way".

Soon they sat down and ordered their drinks, and started looking at food options.

"Remember guys, we can't go overboard, we only have $120- wait," Kalley stopped to do some mental math, "I mean 110 dollars and 92 cents".

"And we have to tip," Jeremiah added.

Leah looked at the two of them confused, "Why do we have to tip?" she asked.

"American stuff," Jeremiah explained.

"I think I'm going to have this 'hangover burger'," Kalley said.

"Ooo, that looks good, but I'm going to go for these barbecue wings," Jeremiah said.

"I'm going to have the lasagna," Leah said.

"Oh that sounds good!" Kalley told her.

"Are we going to get appetizers?" Jeremiah asked.

"Hmm, Cheese curds?" Kalley proposed.

"Yes!" Jeremiah said.

"Okay!" Kalley said.

When the waiter came back with their drinks, they ordered their food, with only a few weird looks from the waiter. A record for Kalley.

"You too seem really on top of this," Leah pointed out.

"Well, I've been on the run a few times in my lifetime," Jeremiah said calmly.

"What?" Leah asked, concerned.

"I got tired of my mom, and our fighting so I ran away," Jeremiah explained.

"Did they look for you at all," Leah asked.

Jeremiah just shrugged and drank more of his Root beer.

"That's sad," Leah mumbled.

"Yeah, I know," Jeremiah admitted.

"Are you okay?" Leah asked after a while of silence.

"Huh? Oh, yeah of course, never been better," Jeremiah said.

"Are you sure," Leah pushed.

"Of course, I'm out here on a quest, finally making my dad proud," Jeremiah explained.

"You shouldn't have to risk your life for parental approval," Leah pointed out.

"I know, but that's now the gods' work all they want is Glory, or to feed off their children's glory," Jeremiah explained.

"But," Leah tried to continue.

"Let's just drop it," Jeremiah said.

Soon there food got there and It was a very quiet dinner. Then they paid, and continued to look for the cave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 177 9
"The two half-bloods of the sun and the eldest gods, shall reach sixteen against all odds and see the world in endless sleep the hero's soul cursed b...
1K 106 51
Demigods. Heroes. Myths. Monsters. On her thirteenth birthday, Heron learns that all of these things are real. Her dad tells her an unbelievable stor...
17.4K 385 27
A demigod who is always out of place meets a sun god? A girl who is always on the move but belongs to nowhere, meets someone who understands her more...
5.2K 200 27
Brianna finds out that her dad is a Roman God and then her world is thrown into chaos, quite literally. Can Brianna and her new found friends save th...