Gifts Of A Pokemon (Leon X Re...

By Comet_star101

Y/n left her home with Riolu long ago, to relieve her poor family of having to feed too many people. While in... More

Brief introduction.
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13

chapter 12

52 3 0
By Comet_star101

Sorry for the delay. Had a lot on my mind and lacked the necessary motivation. I'm trying the best I can to keep on top of this.

I also blame my choice of writing a Pokémon battle in this chapter which made this even harder.

---

From now I knew Leon had only two days before departure. We'd hopefully make the most of it once we left this undesirable place. I was staring at the blank walls of my former room after a restless night.

Lucario had come in around midnight and lay on the floor by my feet. I could tell he wanted to leave, but also believed this place deserved a second shot. This was becoming evermore difficult to handle. Hopefully we'd be leaving today.

Yeah right.

"Why?"

"We have nowhere we need to go, why not just stay in one place for once and relax?" Leon seemed very optimistic, but his choice of words made him seem fed up.

"There's nothing for us here either! We could be anywhere else right now, please!"

"I know it doesn't seem fair how you were raised when you were younger, but you don't have to be this childish." I was slightly silenced by this. "These people never meant to hurt you or Lucario. They're your family, yet they hardly know you. Please just try to give them a chance before you storm off again."

I sighed heavily, my voice sore and tired. I didn't want to be alone again. He knew I'd have no other choice but to remain here. "Fine"

"Great. I think it'll do you some good too."

He gave me that warm smile that brightened my day and put a tower of clean plates in the cupboard above him before leaving me to my business.

-----

I lay on the almost horizontal roof, tossing a ball in my hand. I could hear Xara calling for me below but when I saw her I chose to ignore. She wore an adventurous jacket and held a Pokéball in her hand. I'd never battled before, but I knew that was what she wanted.

I felt Lucario join me silently. His aura felt calm and collected. "How are you so peaceful after what they did?"

"I moved on. Accepted that they did what was best for them."

"Good answer." Once again I hear my name from the ground. "She's still trying to challenge you?"

"No. She's trying to challenge you. She asked me where you were."

"You weren't followed were you?"

"As if she understood my response."

I scoffed and smiled. We had a slight pause before Lucario reminded me of my role as a big sister.

"She looks up to you. And it's because your different. She's fascinated by your bond with Pokémon because she's got nothing like that. Maybe you could tell her what's wrong. Teach her how to escape her longing for attention."

"You think that's her problem?"

"Yes. She is the face of her region. She feels the admiration poured onto her and does nothing in return. Leon taught you a lot about responsibility and she never had anyone to teach her."

"You want me to pass his wisdom onto Xara?" He nodded. A confident smile was spread across his face. He was right. In the hands of someone so young this land was in danger. "It's not just his wisdom that'll be shared, it's yours. Let's go then."

We hopped our way down the side of the house by stepping on the window sills. The country house was quite small, so it didn't take long to meet up with everyone again.

Naturally I couldn't have long before and overexcited child greeted me. A great ball was shoved in my face and she yelled confidently,

"Battle me!"

I looked her dead in the eyes and answered, "no."

"Why not?!"

"Forcing Pokémon to battle is cruel and unnecessary. I will not command Lucario to do anything against his will."

"Shame I would have enjoyed it."  I turned to face my partner in shock and horror.

"If you wanted to you're free to knock her out."

"She's challenging you."

"Are you talking to your Pokémon?" Does she have to intrude every conversation?

"Yes. You can battle him if you want but I will play no part."

I tried to walk away but she just kept following me as I re-entered the house. Leon was watching our conversation. "But you're his trainer!"

"Lucario trained himself."

She crossed her, stood in my way arms and gave me the sassy nine year old look. "You're just scared you can't beat someone like me."

"You're trying to trigger an ego I don't have!"

Finally a new voice broke into the conversation. "I would quite like to see your tactics." Really Leon?! Whose side are you on?!

Both of them were glaring at me in anticipation. They will not quit. "Fine. You can have my first match." I swear her eyes could not shine any brighter.

We walked out onto a freshly mowed lawn which had the faint markings which resembled the battlefield I saw on a television one time.

It felt odd to be standing in this situation. I've never even dreamed of becoming a trainer. You sure about this? I asked Lucario telepathically. I don't know what to do.

Then I'll help you, but I want to follow your lead on this one.

I sighed in both hopefulness and terror. I didn't want Lucario to get too badly hurt. But I also didn't want to embarrass us. I couldn't help but get competitive sometimes, especially in front of someone important.

I stood opposite the young champion. She held the dreaded Pokéball in her hand and released her ace, Gallade. We had the clear type advantage, but we still had to be tactical.

By the looks of this one, it had the sharpness ability, so some of its possible moves have strength increased by 50%. (Genuine Gallade ability) We had to hope they were normal and fighting type moves, as they are non effective on Lucario. If they were ghost, psychic, fairy or flying however, that's a problem.

Using an old string in my pocket, I tied back my hair to see the battlefield and prepared my strategy. Leon gave the call to begin, and Xara ordered her friend to use Psycho Cut.  Remembering it's effectiveness, I had to counter it.

"Lucario use shadow claw to eliminate the strike!" He held a defensive stance and blocked the incoming psychic wave. "Use shadow sneak."

I watched his ominous attack successfully hit the distracted opponent. Ghost type moves would be 2x effective against Gallade because of the psychic typing.

Stunned by his speed, my little sister cried, "use reflect then close combat!"

I stood back and let this move reach Lucario. As expected for a fighting/ghost type, close combat passed right through him. "You forget how this variant is a ghost type. We have the advantage to end the battle right now!"

"Psycho Cut!" She interrupted my moment of pride, and, caught off guard, Lucario was hit by the ambush...

"You ok?"

Just a little scratch. Stay focused.

"Right, sorry. Distracted it with shadow claw then sneak up behind it."

He nodded and used all his energy to surround Gallade in a giant claw. The enemy used protect to block the first attack but we're unprepared for the shadow sneak that followed. For dramatic effect I ended our match on a regularly effective move.

"Ice punch."

In an eerie way, his paw froze and he beat his opponent while shards of ice scattered and glistened in the pleasant sunlight. I smiled at the sight. We'd won our first battle together and ended it spectacularly.

Gallade lay exhausted on the grass as it was retrieved by it's trainers hand. Xara came up to me and Lucario in awe, "I'm glad that wasn't a champion match. So that was your first battle?"

"Yes." I crossed my arms and tried not to show any sign of enjoyment.

"It was so quick! Your Lucario is so powerful. Do you have any more Pokémon? I have loads you can battle!"

This girl was getting on my nerves. "I don't care about a battle and I don't own Lucario. It's not about how strong a Pokémon is or how many you abduct from their home! I only care that they're happy in their position. And if not then try should be free to make their own decisions."

"Then what's the point of being a trainer?"

I opened my mouth to answer, still losing my patience, when a man ran up to the garden in panic. He was seeking help, but the regional leader didn't seem too worried.

Out of breath, he said, "Theres a rampant Tyrantrum in the town square! It's too strong for us to take and it's destroying everything! We don't know what to do."

We all looked to Xara who simply replied, "I'll go grab a master ball and head down to you soon."

The man seemed relieved but I was infuriated.

"You'll what?!"

Xara looked at me confused, "Well what would you do?"

"Calm it down! Help it! It'll be there for a reason, and I'm not going to force it into a crammed space leave it in a computer and never think about it again!"

Finally shame was drawn on her face. I took a deep breath and asked her, "How long have you dealt with situations like this?"

She brushed her foot against the ground, kicking at the grass. "As long as I've been champion."

"You're expected to look after the people here and especially the Pokémon. If you can't help both sides needs you'll destroy the peace of the region. You're irresponsible, and shouldn't be doing this so young."

Let's go and see what's wrong then.

I glanced at my partner with a grateful expression. Leon who was still watching our arguing agreed to come and assist. Was that pride on his face?

I gestured to Lucario to come with me and teleported us out.

We stood before an agitated beast, giant jaws crunching on the wooden posts of stalls.

She wouldn't have been able to handle this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 8.9K 96
Champion Leon Will Be Ready, The People All Around The World Will Bear Witness, When Champion Of Alola And Alolan Queen Will Fight Side By Side...
23.9K 383 23
(This story is being remade) -------------- Your different from most hawluchas,you dont like to show off you prefer to quietly ribbon dance when your...
31K 808 57
(Under editing) Hi, I'm (y/n) and I live in Turffield with my father. I've been through a lot and I want to share my story, well not just mine. It's...
2.9K 87 30
(I wrote this story more than half a decade ago in 2018, The writing isn't anything special) This is a story about Bradley. He is going to start his...