From the perfect start

By _lilithcarter_

Kaden Graham Harrison. His world is home to billionaires, future presidents, models and children of diplomats... More

Dedication
A/N and Aestethics
Cover
Instagram
Chapter 1- Feeling free
Chapter 2- Another world
Chapter 3- Let me forget
Chapter 4- Together alone
Chapter 5- Promise me
Chapter 6- I can still remember
Chapter 7- New life
Chapter 8- My father taught me
Chapter 9- Again
Chapter 10- Good and bad
Chapter 11- Coincidence
Chapter 12- 8 million
Chapter 13- Iced Coffee Latte
Chapter 14- Sometimes we all need a break
Chapter 15- A breath of life and death
Chapter 16- Whatever you wish
Chapter 17- Destatrious introductions
Chapter 18- Law and order
Chapter 19- Down and dirty
Chapter 20- Close to you
Chapter 21- You are just healing
Chapter 22- An hour with the right person
Chapter 23- Baby fever and apologies
Chapter 24- Causing trouble
Chapter 25- Truth or Dare
Chapter 26- Bottling up the truth
Chapter 27- Player
A little talk
Chapter 28- Nosy girls have the most fun
Chapter 29- Realization
Chapter 30- Murderous
Chapter 31- Seeing the dark
Chapter 32- Brothers and dark shadows
Chapter 33- Jail or grave
Chapter 34- Games we play
Chapter 35- Carry me
Chapter 36- Reading you
Chapter 37- Chess
Chapter 38- Their actions talked to me
Chapter 39- Everything is fine
Chapter 40- Calming the storm
Chapter 41- Eyes don't lie, neither does touch.
In between
Chapter 42- Because she said so
Chapter 43- Remember who you are
Chapter 44- Breaking all those bones
Chapter 45- Not your fault
Capter 46- old memories, new friends
Chapter 47- earn me
Chapter 48- I am dying

Chapter 49- That brain of yours?

1.4K 45 12
By _lilithcarter_

My gaze gracefully traces the contours of his sculpted back, a visual symphony of strength and grace. It hovers tantalizingly over the table where his palms find solace, the stark contrast of his powerful hands against the smooth surface adding an erotic tension to the air. Delicate veins, like intricate rivers, embellish his muscular arms, accentuating the raw beauty that lies beneath.

From my point of view, I can only see a part of his side profile, and without a second thought, I slide my hands up over my aching skin towards my neck. I slightly rub my palm over the soft skin beneath my head, my throat going dry as I watch Kaden inspecting what must be the kids' files again. His glasses rest on his nose, his teeth marking a part of his pouty bottom lip.

I could watch this man thinking for hours, days even because for the first time, I don't harbor disdain for a man's intellect. Watching him think is like a weight lifting off my shoulders, and I'm captivated by the rhythm of his breath. It's a connection that speaks volumes without words, a quiet fascination that lingers in the air. I am thoroughly besotted with his brain.

"You are not an early riser," he suddenly states, and I look up at the part of his face that isn't hidden, but he still hasn't turned. I push myself away from the door and walk towards him.

"Depends on who you are comparing me with, don't you think."

"You know me, I would never compare you to another human being. But if we look at the definition... not really. The time that is set to define an early riser is 6 a.m. It is now..." He lifts one arm of the table, the other one slightly flexing on the table as his entire weight shifts onto it. He looks at his watch. "9.35, so far from that."

"Such a smart boy." I grin at him, and he looks over his shoulder narrowing his eyes on me, but I can see the slight blush crawling up his neck.

Embarrassment or pride because of my praise? Because I called him a smart boy?! Yeah, that's it.

"Well, Kaden. I have talked to your dearest best friend Harvey, and he told me that your IQ was tested to be at 184, and you still only know 6 languages, and I am fluent in 7 even though mine is much lower? How can that be?" I walk toward him, hug him from behind, and slide my arms over his chest.

I mean it in a teasing way, but his body stiffens slightly at my words, and how some would think it's because he feels threatened in his intelligence, I know that's not the case.

"Kaden," I whisper.

He doesn't say a word, only turns a page of the file.

"Kaden, your mind is truly exceptional. The way you effortlessly absorb information is a rare talent that many wish for. You possess an incredible opportunity to utilize this skill in ways that could set you on a path that will help you flawlessly lead your family's company one day. But instead, you fit your wording to the average teenager and hide those smart thoughts of yours. Do you doubt yourself that much? Talk to me, so I can help you, please..." I whisper the last part.

"Well, those people who want my brain have never seen inside of it." He scoffs out, but without any anger, just a slight painful rasp in his voice.

"I am sorry, I know it can be hard but I think I got a good look at it and with great confidence I can say it's spectacular, if you are not using it to be an ass at the moment." I let out a laugh.

"That's just because of your si-" He stops himself.

I freeze.

"What?"

He turns around, my hands sliding down his arms.

"I know about your sister, Ally. 184? Sweetheart, we know that's nothing compared to who you grew up with. You forgot who my best friend is. He never said names, and most of his personal life was private but I gathered some information over the years. Her IQ is so high no test could even determine her intelligence anymore. Your sister Antonia, she is the epitome of intelligence. Only 22 and has already degrees in law, maths, and medicine and a doctor in string theory and analytic number theory. She does modeling, she is gorgeous. 12 languages fluent, ancient Greek and Latin not included."

"I get it, Kaden. Stop. You don't have to list up how perfect my sister is only because you are hurt because I touched a topic you don't like. I was careful, you could have just said you don't want to talk about it. I would never force you." I huff out, biting my inner cheek trying not to choke out a cry.

"You are not listening to me, Aleandra. You are not listening to what I am telling you. You are phenomenal." He says, taking his palms and frames my face.

"I am sorry, but I don't get how you glorifying my sister is saying I am phenomenal. I know she is great, I love her. I am so damn proud."

"I am not glorifying her, I am stating facts. I would love to meet her one day. I would love to meet the person with the greatest sister. You are not her. You have probably heard that a hundred of times in your life. The only problem is you took that as an insult. You are not her. But you are beautiful, you are smart. You have learned 7 languages with determination and hard work. You are patient, you are kind. You defend the people around you. Your brain amazes me. You fought depression, sickness, goddamn it, which 12-year-old wakes in the middle of the night up and can't feel her legs anymore. Which twelve-year-old has to crawl out of her bed over the entire bathroom floor, her joints aching so much, it feels like slithering over glass. Which twelve-year-old visits the next day school and writes a test even though you wouldn't even grip the pen anymore."

"I failed the test. God- I was so bad in Latin."

"Not the point, Aleandra Raven." He voices with determination, tightening his hold on my face so I look into his eyes.

"Whether or not you performed well on this Latin test is inconsequential. What is beyond anything I have ever seen is someone who was so terrified... and yes, you told me this when you were drunk and sobbing, and I believe you. To awaken with the sensation of one's body unraveling before even reaching adolescence—a plight for which no initial medical diagnosis could be offered, evoking palpable trepidation in the eyes of physicians, for they recognized the gravity of the situation. This, Alexandra, is where true resilience resides. It is not your afflictions, nor your battles with depression, that define you, but rather your unwavering determination to conquer them. You wield the power to vanquish these maladies, rendering yourself a force to be reckoned with. You, my dear, are nothing short of extraordinary, and perhaps my preoccupation with academic prowess or linguistic eloquence pales in comparison to the profound understanding we share. Harvey understands me, and so do you—such comprehension is all I require."

I hold my breath.

"You are terrifying, Aleandra. You are the most terrifying individual I have ever encountered because your fear of being average robs you of seeing as you who you are."

"And what am I?"

"Anything but average." He breathes out, the corners of his mouth slightly twitching.

"Oh, and your parents? Yes, I am sure they are sometimes lovely and maybe on occasion they can be great but goddamn it. They should go fuck themselves." He continues.

He pushes his glasses up again and turns around, his focus back on the papers.

I don't say anything about the topic anymore because I know it's not the right time.

He will open up to me again. And I will make sure he knows how much I understand him. I will make him feel seen, such as he did to me.

I let out a laugh and then silence it with a hand on my mouth.

"You will be my boyfriend, Kaden."

He lets out a laugh too.

"Have you any idea how good that sounds?"

"It's a promise." I say, my voice not hiding the grin on my face.

"I will hold you to that. First the kids, then I will handle Dorian." He studies a graph.

"Do you want to know a secret?" I say, my focus now on the kids again.

"Always listening when you talk." He replies.

"I feel guilty. Every time I am here living my life I feel guilty that I know about their situation and I can't do shit about it."

"You are doing what you can. We just have to wait a little bit so we don't endanger any other kids if this is really the ring we believe it is."

"I know. I know and if we would have acted immediately they would be away forever but other kids wouldn't stand a chance. But they are hurting every day... "

"The surveillance is 24/7."

"What?"

"I want to spare you the detail because nothing about that was legal but they are watched. As soon as there is anything suspicious I promise you I am in that house, and those people will wish they were never born. But they are careful at the moment and the children are not being hurt. I promise."

"Okay."

He picks up the folder.

"If you don't believe me. Read it through. There is so much. This is so much more than we could've imagined. I have seen a lot of shit. The medical company my family owns lead me to many really awful cases. I thought I have seen the worst but we are talking about hundreds even thousands of kids being traded through foster and adoption. Elizabeth and her trashy husband are only little shits."

"But how long should we wait? We cannot wait forever. We cannot wait until we find who runs it. What if we never will? Should they grow up there?"

"One week. Give Dorian and his team one week. They have so fucking many people who they can already bring down. And well let's say Elizabeth is already done for good. I just need the name. The name of the person responsible for all of this."

"But what if you find them but you can't prove anything. How do you think the mob survives? Everybody knows who is behind it but nobody can prove it.

"Aleandra. Let me make something clear. In a week from now, those babies will be safe. Those two will long for nothing in their entire life and until now they are out of harm too. Dorian will get a name. He is so close. He is the best. He is not the FBI. He is better. And we don't need evidence that would hold up in court. We need names and when we are sure we will get the proof. We will make evidence. Those bastards will never see the light of the day. You promised me I will be your boyfriend? Well, Ally, I promise you, your boyfriend will spit them out in front of a court. If there is not evidence, then watch me creating it and then you can see what an advantage it has having someone like my family at your side."

"That is a promise." He adds, loving how clear he is with his intentions.

"Okay."

He turns around again and slides the strand of hair that is falling over my face out of my sight.

"Say it."

"That is a promise." I repeat, and he traces the rim of his lip as he watches me.

"Don't look at me too closely. I haven't done my skincare yet."

He leans his head back, narrowing his eyes as if he is inspecting every pore on my face. I try to hide my face with my hands.

"Damn, baby. I think I need that skincare. Maybe then I will look at least half as good as you." He says, and even though he is joking I know his face is damn serious.

"Oh, shut up. I hope that means you are gonna pay for it next time because I can tell you this is expensive."

"I am gonna buy you the entire store." He whisper-shouts as if it's a secret.

"I love the way you talk dirty to me." I let out a groan, my grin so wide.

"You have seen nothing yet." He grins as he leans down to me, the whisper tickling my lips.

"I have the feeling you will show me just how dirty you can be." I slide with the tip of my tongue off his bottom lip.

"Turn around and find out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514 38 17
πŸ¦‹ Love the one thing that most people crave, live for some might even say breathe for. Everyone has that one person who they long to love, wish to l...
1.4M 37.1K 23
"Can't You just leave me alone and mind your own goddamn business ??" l snapped..... He just pins me to hits locker with both his hands on either sid...
88 6 4
Serene skies and beautiful lies Faithful tries to get eachother by Morals of our true love..... Felt as if life gave me a treasure trove~ Words swift...
78.8K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...