Every time... [Portgas D Ace...

By Alexxx121

You meet Portgas D Ace. At first he's hesitant to actually accept you and your crews help but eventually he g... More

INTRO
Part 1 / A new boy
Part 2 / A new crewmember
Part 3 / A mission
Part 4 / crows nest
Part 5 / Daily life
Part 6 / Night terrors - part 1
Part 7 / Night Terrors - part 2
Part 8/ lies and confessions
Part 9 / Not everything can last
Part 10 / Empty promises part 1
UPDATE!!
Part 12 / A real nightmare
Part 14 / What happened?
Part 15 / everyday is the same?
Another update!!!
Part 16 / differences

Part 11 / Empty promises part 2

122 2 0
By Alexxx121

Being able to call and send letters to Sce was definitely comforting. Sure you couldn't communicate all of the time but it was better than not having any communication and being scared wether he's okay or not.

On his missions he would describe them and tell you just how much he missed you.

All of the letters had sweet words and stories. It was definitely nice to read them while he was away and it made up for the distance between them.

.

.

.

The next letter you got was when Ace was in Alabasta. You immediately got excited over finding the letter and once you got to your room you immediately opened it so then you could read what he said.

My firefly.

Im finally in Alabasta. I think that I'm getting closer to finding Blackbeard. Apparently he was here but if not I have an idea on where he would be.

Alabasta is a desert island and I would be lying if my devil fruit didn't make it worse.

I saw my brother with his new crew. I've told you about Luffy right? Well he has a wonderful crew who im sure can take care of his childish behavior.

I've told him all about you as well. He seemed pretty interested and im sure he would love to meet you. I'm sure you would as well right?

I haven't seen him in forever so it was great to actually see him trying to achieve his dream. Only Luffy could be confident about being king of the pirates with a small crew.

I really hope your okay. I know I left abruptly but it was for a for a good reason, firefly.

I promise I'll be done with my mission soon. I'll come back to you and never leave again.

As soon as I get back I'll spend as much time with you as I possibly can. Though I'm sure that pops will throw a party but I'll stay with you as much as I can, my love.

From Ace.

You honestly couldn't wait to see your boyfriend again. He always only added the good in his letters but it always made you hopeful for his return.

You open the bottom drawer in your bedside table. You grab a box and place it on your lap before opening it and sighing.

Every letter or present or literally anything that meant something to you and his relationship.

Before you put the letter into the box you notice something or two things in the envelope.

You reopen it and pull out two bead bracelets that match his necklace.

You have a bittersweet smile as you put on the bracelets. You always took interest in his necklace and you always seemed to like it and now he decided to find bracelets that looked the same.

Now we can match..

You place the letter into the box. Theres a lot of little things in there and a few are little drawings you made.

You haven't told him about these drawings but from your own memory you drew the both of them. As well as other crew members, including thatch.

As soon as he came back you had decided that you would show him. You wanted to put them in a letter but you decided to keep it a secret until he came back as a little surprise for him.

It was a nice thing being able to draw him. It made your memories feel more alive. It made his presence feel like it's still here and it makes you feel less alone.

You hadn't exactly told anyone what you were feeling even though Marco had always insisted that you could talk to him and even whitebeard tried to question you on it as well.

Now you just hoped that Ace would come home soon. He had been gone for a while and even if you could brefily distract yourself that sense of overwhelming loneliness was still always there. No matter what.

It seemed to follow you everywhere. Even if it was a good day there was still that sense of dread.

What if he gets hurt?

What if he doesn't want to come back?

What if he gets kidnapped?

What if he dies?

They were surprisingly reasonable thoughts. He was a wanted pirate and it probably made it worse that he was on whitebeards crew.

All you could do was wait until you could finally see your fire boy again.

Hes strong and you don't doubt his abilities but it's still daunting that Blackbeard might be stronger.

He might not win this fight.

But you had to trust him. He was your everything and you couldn't doubt a hypothetical. Not when he had a chance and he certainly wouldn't waste it.

You believed in what he was doing.

Sure you didn't like it that he was going to fight Blackbeard but you knew that it was because of what happened about Thatch.

It didn't sit right with you that he got to live either but even you didn't go.

"You know i've just been standing here?" Izo abruptly says. It kind of surprised you that he just was standing there. Normally you wouldn't expect him to go looking for you.

It snaps you out of your thoughts and you look up at him in the doorway.

"Sorry, I didn't see you."

"Clearly."

"Why are you here?" You close the box of your precious memories. Sure it wasn't exactly that embarrassing but it would certainly be used to tease you if anyone found them.

"Wanted to see how you are. You look down since he left and you don't seem exactly happy about anything."

Well he wasn't wrong.

"I'm okay." You paused for a moment and you knew what you said was a lie but it was a lie that you had to tell.

"I just don't want anything to happen to him. I just want him to be okay."

"He'll he fine, he's the second division commander. Sure it wasn't the smartest idea to leave like that but he was his confidence so we should at least believe in him."

You nod your head. Of course you believe in Ace. There wasn't exactly much else you could do to support him at all.

"He promised you that he'd be back right?"

"Yeah..he did."

"When was the last time Ace ever broke a promise to you?"

Never.

He always kept his promises to me. No matter how ridiculous they seemed.

Hopefully he can keep this one as well.

"I'll leave you be but just keep that in mind." He turns and leaves. Closing your door.

You open the box again as Izo leaves. You take out one of the drawings that you drew of him.

This was the first one that you had ever made and was the only one he had ever seen himself.

He hadn't seen the rest of them but your sure that he would probably like to see them when he gets back. Or at least you'd show them either way but he would most likely like to see them.

You close the box again and carefully place it back into the bottom drawer.

You put the drawing on your bedside table before lying down.

All of your thoughts were all mushed together now but ut seemed like it made it easier to fall asleep as you weren't constantly worrying about Ace.

Though when you started yo drift off you only had one thing on your mind.

I hope your okay Ace. Please be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 7.8K 18
You enjoy your peaceful house away from the city with your dog, until a stranger is quite literally dropped into your life. ** Crossover AU ** Wing...
209 5 8
It annoys you that you're starting to develop feelings for Ace. Unlike you, he's just unreliable, messy and has no brains. Sure he's hot as the sun b...
18K 1.1K 28
"you promised... you liar." an untold story from ace's life where he met, befriended, grew up and fell in love with one of the world government's mos...
2.8K 82 22
A story about white beards new daughter ace goes into town with some other members from the crew to bring her back to see white beard where she hears...